Kingdom Hearts II Your fighting style?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Phazeun, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Hey guys and gals.

I was wondering about the different things people do when they fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 + Final Mix +.

My fighting style is mainly using Strictly Magic, Form Magic, and Reaction Commands. Of course this isn't the only ways of fighting. Many of you may be wondering, "Why does this dude use only Magic?" I find it way more affective then bashing the Keyblade over and over again.

What do you guys do?

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I have a myriad of fighting styles I like to experiment with. For a while after I got Fenrir, I would pile on the minus combo abilities to the point that every attack I landed was a finisher. It's actually pretty effective, and sort of reminds me of Devil May Cry in the way I could deal a few heavy hits and have time to jump out of the way. Though it's less necessary in Kingdom Hearts, of course. There's a neat trick that comes with this style, too; even out of combat, you'll do finishers every time you hit the attack button. It's kind of funny to watch Sora go ballistic on a barrel, like it has inside it the first food he's seen in a month.

I've also been experimenting with more magic use, as I tend to stick to ol' Kingdom; I like casting a lot, and I identify more with nuking than bashing, but they could really stand to work out a system where magic can be used almost continuously. It didn't hurt FFXIII, so it can't hurt KH. Nukers in general tend to get short-shafted, it seems, as they always have to pay for their play.

Other than that, I'm prone to Reaction abuse. Such that I'll actually sit there and wait for the command at times, or goad enemies into deliberately triggering their Reaction.

3. Loghh Merlin's Housekeeper

Well... when i play kh2fm lvl1 critical mode, i tend to be very careful and im on my toes all the time. Usually reflega my way to victory. Also guarding is very important to me. After that i usually launch a counterattack combo and go back to defensive. On higher levels... Hmmm... Well, i love to use limit form and sonic blade. I also love going to final form and spam firaga. Dunno why.

4. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

mainly just smashing the keyblade around with mixture offorms and magic...for example while fighting sephiroth I found it effective the hit him when he wasnt attacking and using reflega when he attacked

5. woodstockfootball26 Traverse Town Homebody

Im usually just straight up attack. I feel more accurate and more power with attack.

6. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    My Fight Style is pretty much like this. Mainly defensive use a lot Guard, Do One Full Combo Then Keep Guarding. When in danger use Reflega Spam (Only When I'm About to die :P). I have Auto-limit Ability (The Only one I Have Linked) So I Drive into Limit Form Almost all the time.
    I Will like to try the Negative Combo thing dunno why but seems interesting. ^^
    I've Played both KH2 and KH2FM+

7. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Ah! They are all so very useful Fighting Styles! Many combination can be used during the game.

Man... I haven't truly realized that there were SO many!

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

i agree with this guy. i like to keep it on the offensive and i let donald use all of the magic. i use reaction commands whenever possible and i like to use drive forms as often as possible. mostly valor, master, or final (if available) and summons are dependant on who i'm fighting. except for stitch cuz i just luuv seeing the keyblade used like a ukelele. ^_^ :D

9. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, I have only the EU version of KHII, but...

Go all out on the offensive. Magic might be useful if you know the enemy's weak element, but physical attacks always work unless plot dictates. Pay attention to cutscenes and visual effects in battle just in case. Use AP on support abilities such as Draw, Drive Boost, Second Chance, Once More and such. Avoid using Cure, Drives or Summons unless as a last resort. Donald and Goofy can revive after being knocked out, so just concentrate on yourself. Reaction Commands must always be triggered perfectly, so practice timing button-presses in Atlantica or with rhythm games like PaRappa the Rapper. Do NOT use Auto Limits or Auto Drives as this often blocks the Reaction Command from showing.

I've discovered these tactics seem to work in all the games, entertainingly.

10. Aster Phoenix Traverse Town Homebody

Depending on the enemy
    If it is a weak and or easytokill enemy i would just run up and give it a quick combo.
    If it was a strong enemy or a painintheass i would lay low and glide around throwing magic and when he is vunurable i can jump in and kick his ass

11. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I'm usually a reaction command whore. Sometimes I wouldn't even kill an enemy because I wanted to use the reaction command on it. But I usually use magic and attacking with the keyblade equally unless I'm in Wisdom or Master Form, then I will spam magic like there's no end.

12. Shift Chaser

Depends.
    I usually skip random encounters
    Forced Heartless and Nobodies are Donald and whatever's the other person i'm using job if i'm level 1, otherwise magic spam -> button mashing.
    For bosses the usual, Guard, Guard counter, attack, mid-combo reflect when counter, or i don't attack enough for them to counter, wait till they repeat the atatck and do the same thing over and over again, use limit whenever i'm too lazy to dodge.

13. Lord Muffin Merlin's Housekeeper

Step 1: Engage Enemy (Nobody)
    Step 2: Go into Final Form
    Step 3: Murder Him
    Step 4: Reap in the experience points for Final Form.

14. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

I usaly don't use my magic much until after I get Cure and Magnet, so mainly I am a sword fighter, but I like fighting in interesting ways, not button mashing, I like to make Sora look cool in combat. Example: Series of Guards and counters. I usaly try to counter enemy attacks with my own attacks, not reaction commands. But once I have Magnet and Thunder, then I usaly use them in that order with large groups of enemies.

15. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

ahh, I don't have Final Mix, unfoutunatly, but I sorta copied my style from Omega Finale from master form, magnet + thunder= epic enemy destuction.

16. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

I honestly didn't know how destructive it was until people started suggesting it to me. I did it at the 1000 heartless battle, and it was like: "WoW!!!! I had no idea!"

17. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, I used my Magnet-thunder on the hearless and killed like 20 with the same blast, it was Epic!

18. P Banned

Bash-heal, rinse and repeat. Works so long as you don't take serious damage.

19. Misty gimme kiss

I was a heavily magic, ability & summon user in the first game, but the MP system in KHII just turned me off. You couldn't really use more powerful attacks (like Limits) without consuming all or a great deal of your MP, and it took forever to regain it. I like to conserve my MP for healing myself. Sadly, that means I just bashed my enemies over and over again. I do use Reaction Commands and Drive Forms quite a bit though.

20. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Ooh, might have to try that sometime! ;) Haha... (Already have it, was a joke... no? Haha :PP)

I don't really think much of the new Mp system. Although, I can't judge it for I don't play Kingdom Hearts I. I didn't like it as much as Kingdom Hearts II. But, the Mp systems are quite different when I think about it. I don't like the Mp charge. It does take forever! XD