Audio Yukari the Forum Troubadour

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Yukari, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

Hello, this is where I will be posting some of my originals/covers/remixes via SoundCloud! I like a lot of different genre, so I hope everybody here will hear something they like! Also, feel free to critique! Sorry they're all under the same spoiler, I haven't figured out the spoiler thing yet.

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh yeah, I forgot about Miserable Wreck. I'm gonna need to post myself singing it sometime soon...

3. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

The original melodies themselves are very well done, with lots of harmony and hard work clearly put into them, but I am left wondering after listening to some of these… Are you using Soundfonts or MIDI instruments?

Don’t need to answer the question I definitely not mind, just wondering because the instruments themselves sound kinda synthy, not that much it’s recognizable. That and I have experienced the nightmare known as having to render with a Sounfont in the thing. Still they sound good.

But really, cool stuff you have here, did you have any formal training in musical composition of sorts? Just wondering again because I have none rofl (I am self-taught in this), and what you have there sounds really good from an harmonic standpoint, so it must been hard (Or it was to me) to learn harmony and stuff.

4. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

DO ITTTTT

Yes, I use MIDI, VSTi and my own samples. I've actually never used Soundfont, but I'll look it up.

I do not have any musical training besides a little voice and that's really cool that you might think I did X) I'm really glad my harmonies sound good, cause I've had trouble with harmonies in the past. I've been told that some of my earlier pieces are a little too dissonant and my first song with vocals was really off-tune and the vocals didn't really fit the instrumental Xo but I'm glad to hear I've gotten better! ^ ^

5. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

I wouldn't recommend you to use Soundfonts, actually, some of them are borderline realistic but a 3 minute project with 5 Soundfonts can take around an entire hour to render in MP3 format given it needs to communicate with the sound card to get the notes, or something of the sort. I don't get it well either lol. And I said BORDERLINE, they sound too dry/rough.

Haha, really? I've been studying singing too so I also have some vocal training.

Yeah, that happens to everyone, my first pieces had horrible percussion (And even to today I make some mistakes on that) and the melody didn't had much sense, then I listened to Daisukes Ishiwatari's pieces and noticed they all followed a melody pattern.

Yeah I'm also struggling to make a singable melody, or fitting the vocals fit onto the melody, I can't never get right what to do first lol.

But yeah, you definitely have improved a lot, I would be more than happy to compose a piece with you any day c: (If you are interested, that is). Just telling you beforehand I never did a musical collab with someone before, I am not that much in the mood to compose as of lately, and I still have stuff to learn and improve upon (Specially Solos).

6. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes please :D

7. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Alright, sent you a PM, we'll have to continue this in that way given I think we are kind of going off-topic right now (And I don't think it should be easy to think of song ideas with 100+ people watching you)

Thanks for your consideration, by the way. c:

8. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

Le updates!

Originals:

Mixing/kind of cover:

UTAU and Vocaloid:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  9. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

3D Party is some kind of trippy stuff, not going to lie, still pretty cool though. c:

Mr Music must have been hard to mix together with so many voices. <_<

Still, pretty cool stuff. Nice job as usual. c:

10. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

Well 3D Party is about kids at a party hiked up on caffeine, so that's good?

OMK IT WAS. But the boys' voices were pretty easy to mix.

XuX

11. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

I've been doing a lot of Vocaloid covers, here's just the ones I'm most proud of.

And here's an UTAU that I really loved but I accidentally deleted ;;;;