If you were the last person on earth...

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ShibuyaGato, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Okay, so you wake up one morning and everyone in the world has disappeared save yourself. What would you do?
    Would you go looking for others?
    Would you try and do the things you've never been able to?
    Would you commit suicide form the depression of solitude?

I for one would look for other people and in failing my quest would try to survive as long as I can. I'd also try to figure out why everyone else has vanished.

2. Sara Tea Drinker

I'd probably go looking for others. If I couldn't, I'd probably try to live as long as possible with the food I could find.

3. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I'd look for more people but failing that do everything i wasn't capable of before.

4. RikusLight Merlin's Housekeeper

I would look for other people and try to figure out what happened. I don't have the guts to kill myself. I would try to survive as long as I can and hopefully find a way to fix whatever happened.

5. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd go around all the stores, get everything I've always wanted and what I will need, impregnate myself with the contents of a cryobank, give birth to beautiful children, raise them, force them to impregnate themselves with their siblings and give birth to beautiful children, and thus creating a new population.

No but srsly I'd probably just try to survive as long as possible and hope that I'll bump into people, if there're any left. Or commit suicide after going crazy because of the loneliness.

6. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

Me well, I would get lonely, but than again I could do stuff I could never do I think this whole thing could turn into I am legend, without the mutated zombie human things and by th- *see's Fred* wha- what the hell are you doin out here Fred? wh- what the hell are yo- NO! NO!! NO!!! FRED IF YOUR REAL YOU BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW! IF YOUR REAL YOU BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW!

7. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Well, the logical part of my brian would be telling me that there has to be another person in the world out there. A lot of my daily activites wouldn't change though, because they help define who I am. If I ended up finding no one, I can at least say that I didn't waste the rest of my life crying over my missing loved ones and doing nothing. If I did happen to find another human, then I wouldn't be so alone. If I found a girl, we could repopulate and become the new Adam and Eve. I'd pass down what I've been taught and learned for myself. I wouldn't kill myself though, I just wouldn't have to power to do it.

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I'd start headin' West

[​IMG]

9. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

than you would be, god of the new world. Makes scence scince you have Light as an Icon.

Oh and Darkwatch, why does that pic remind me of Fallout?

10. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Believe me, I would utterly pay if I tried to be anything like God. I do believe in Him (look at quotes in sig), but I didn't go into detail with the religous stuff because I have a bad feeling that this would go into a religous battle. I would teach my kids what I learned in school and how God is good. And, if it turns out that thousands of people dissappeared around the world, I would've most likely joined them. If I was among those left behind, I would be in an utter depression.

Light in my avatar is just so I look badass.

It's from The Book of Eli.

11. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh sorry, my mistake, if you wanted to be god of the new world, you would need the most important tool of all for that, a Death Note.

12. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

Ahaha lol. Can I join you?

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

If you are the only one left in the world how would a death note help anything? The only thing it would have the power to do is give you a wider option of sucide.

I'm introverted so I could survive being alone, but as a Christian like tummer I would try and rebuild a community. Afterall the final heaven is going to be on Earth, so we would need people to go through the prophicies for that. So I would try to find people and figure out why they disappeared at all. Along side that would be accessing research labs to try and execute a sucessful cloning. If I could get even one then life continues after me, then hopefully over time it would be found how to manipulate DNA to switch genders and then you've got Adam and Eve.

14. Reisen Twilight Town Denizen

I'd probably go make friends with some animals.

15. P Banned

Head to the nearest IVF clinic to find some frozen embryos, because embryos aren't people. I'd then do research on implanting them into a surrogate mother, such as a cow, so they'd grow into a person.

This entire thing would be a lot easier if I had a uterus.

I'd also head towards the nearest space centres, because there's a good chance there is someone in orbit. Hopefully there'd be a woman among them, but in any case, they'd help me with my genetic plan.

16. anarchy666 Merlin's Housekeeper

because im the lazy type, id probably raid the fridge, watch some TV then look for people later on, but i would look for people

17. Always Dance Chaser

Probably just enjoy the solitude for a while then grab some supplies and try to find people.
    If I was TRULY the last person on Earth and knew that there would never be anyone else, I would spend my life trying to prepare the Earth for life without humans.

18. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

There are a number of replies in this thread that say something like "I wouldn't be brave enough to kill myself". Retaining the will to live in the most extreme circumstances is an act of strength, not cowardice. Choosing to go on and making the most out of what is given to you shows the power of you conscience. Many people would, understandably, lose hope in life and thus end there's. But finding hope where others may not is, in my eyes, an act of bravery.

Just wanted to say that.

I would try my hardest to find someone. If I couldn't I would probably find a farm to work or something so that I can make food for myself. Like in I Am Legend, I would also try to find a way to send out a radio signal so that others can find me.

19. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Let's see every human in the world dissapeared. I live in the USA, Ohio, so my power would be out within a day since we rely on fossil fuels. With this knowlege at hand I would print out all information like
    : a map, how to make renewable energy. Since I live on a college campus I would go to the library to gain any information I required; I might even see if I can find anyone, and maybe figure out what happened. After remembering the doors were locked I would try to break a door open.

After getting in I would get books about wild plants for food ( a subject I am familiar with), medicine, and clothing.
    Knowing that winter is catching up fast there is no way I could stash enough wild plants for more than a week or two, so I will have to rely on snack food, and animals. Luckly there are many squirrells, chipmunks, hedgehogs, and birds on campus. Also crashing the glass on the vending machines would bring quick substanance.

Gaining water wouldn't be hard since my campus is right next to the Hocking river; however I know for a fact the water is not in the best quality since there is a coal factory near, which means the water will have small amounts of lead and mercury in it from over 50 years of pollution. I would then look for the "Outdoor Skills" book that I picked up one day, so that I could figure out how to filter the water.

I would then decide the the library would be a very adequate place to stay for the winter, so I would bring warm clothing, boots, and other essentials from my dorm to the library. After getting situated I would have to figure out a way to insulate the building since I just busted the door open. I would then look for somthing to block the with ( maybe some boards of wood).

Now that I have food, water, and shelter all that is required now is that I find any other humans on campus before they go insane from solitude. Here is were the trick comes into play: What if there are no more Homo sapiens? How can my lineage live on if there are no human females around? Then it would occur to me that if I wanted to pass on at least some of my human DNA I would have to pass it of to my primidial cousins. Yes, I know it is against common morale to breed with anyone outside your species, but at least I would be breeding with a species I am 95-98.7% related too. The columbus Zoo is 70 miles away, so now I have a choice.

Choice 1: I could steal a vehicle and extra gas and free animals from their cages, while taking any primates/ monkeys I could find with me back to Athens after stealing another vehicle. The problem with this plan is that it requiers me to assume that I will have more than enough gas, and that I would have to assume that I was the last/few offspring of my species. Personally I wouldn't want to breed with a chimpanzee if I found someone of my lineage At the same time I would feel obligated to free any species from captivity ASAP. Plus some of species there might be able to help me.

Choice 2: I can stay at Library till spring arrives. Once spring comes I can finnally start my dream of making an enviromently friendly city in the trees. Then I relized noone would live with me. I would then cry myself to sleep.

So as creepy as it sounds I'll go with Choice 1 after 24 hours of searching for humans. So after going back to Athens with some chimpanzees and Bonobos (but more than likley I would only bring Bonobos since they are more peaceful) we'd have to wait out the winter. Hopefully educating them won't be to hard before the spring, because once it comes we will have alot of work to do in order to maintain a growing tribe. We would hunt, and pick berries and nuts, for our food.

That's actually not a bad idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hopefully after a year with Bonobos I would think about that.

20. The Fuk? Dead

Are you kidding? I'd love that. I'd get a dog and loot places in New York city for food, have fun by day and fight zombies by night. I would do nothing constructive though, just mess around. That would be awesome, finally some peace and quiet.