KH3D Interview with Nomura!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

So, here's another piece of interesting news. Apparently we're late to the punch, but eh. Better late than never, right?

So, Famitsu interviewed Tetsuya Nomura regarding KH3D, and while he was pretty vague, there's some interesting stuff to note.

[​IMG]

While the team is hard at work, KH3D isn't at a stage where a release date can be announced, lamentably. I'm sure we were all hoping for KH3D's date to be announced soon, specially since the 3DS is so close now.

So, what can we make of all this? It's pretty clear that KH3D will be something very unique. With fast-paced combat, character switching, and new worlds.

Special Thanks to P and Kubo for the information. Via Adriansang & Cubed3 All credit goes to them for this info from the famitsu magazine.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Saxima
      Saxima
      I'm very much looking forward to the new worlds. I also wanna see how the random switching will effect the gameplay, hopefully it doesn't make anything complicated. I also heard that the two were going to have new outfits, so I wonder how that's gonna play out.
    2. Krowley
      Krowley
      I wish he'd tell us at least one other world other than Traverse Town, DI and The Bell tower. :/
      The game still looks fun to play.
    3. venster
      venster
      Wow, this looks exciting. Just need to get the 3DS first....
    4. Speyeker
      Speyeker
      But we've already known all of this for awhile now....
    5. KH2man13
      KH2man13
      Not essentially. There are some little things that we didn't know before, like the fact that the switch between Sora and Riku is (apparently) random.
    6. Arch
      Arch
      I doubt it's random. It's probably scripted in some way. Like let's say you're fighting a boss and Sora or Riku do something to it to give the other a chance to finish it off. You would probably then play as the other character to finish the fight or something similar to that. Still, this sounds completely awesome. I can't wait to play the game(though I still need to get a 3DS). 8DD
    7. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      I cannot wait for this game. I'm getting my 3DS in two days and I really want a good game for it other than SSFIV. Let's hope they announce something at E3.
    8. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I can't wait for this game! I also can't wait to see what other worlds will be in it as well and who will fight who. I bets are on Sora fighting more of the Disney Villains than Riku will.

As for the worlds, we already know of the Hunchback of Notre Dame world. Here are my predictions of what other worlds could be in the game.

Pocahontas: This along with Hunchback of Notre Dame, these are the last two movies of the Disney Renaissance that have not been worlds and are capable of being worlds. Of course, that'd leave just Rescuers Down Under, but I can't see that as a world in this series.

Chicken Little: Was a very popular and successful movie. Plus add the fact that like with Simba, Mushu, and Stitch, you did get to go to their worlds in future games of the series. Like with Wonderland or Beast's Castle though, I see this world with a Heartless-type boss more than anything.

Toy Story: Was going to be in KHII and the data for it is still in the disc, so there is a possibility for it to be in this game. Depending on how they do it, my guess for the boss would be Zurg, Scud, or Stinky Pete the Prospector.

Monsters Inc.: Same as with Toy Story. Randall would be the more likely boss instead of the spider/crab-like monster whose name I can't seem to remember.

The Incredibles: Continuing on with the Pixar theme, if they do indeed have some worlds based on Disney/Pixar movies, this is one they'd have to do. A boss fight against Syndrome would be epic.

A Bug's Life: Not as likely as the above three, but the only other Disney/Pixar movie capable of being a world. Like with Syndrome, a boss fight with Hopper would also be epic to play.

Toon Town: This is more or less something I'd like to see. If it does happen, maybe we can get to see some Rodger Rabbit or Bonkers antics.

Black Caldron: Who wouldn't want to go up against the Horned King?

Gargoyles: Disney movies aren't the only thing they could use, plus fighting along side Goliath would be kick-ass.

That's more or less it for my predictions. Now to wait and see if any of them become true. Knowing my luck though, it's highly unlikely.
    9. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      Sweet news. Even if it isn't much, any little bit of news about this game reminds me of how excited I am to play it. I already have the money for my 3DS tucked away, but I am not gonna buy it at launch, as not only do I not trust launch systems(My original DS was defective out of the box and I had 3 launch Xbox 360s in a row that all got red ring), but I also don't want any launch games and see none that appeal to me. What I want most are KH DDD, LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D, Tales of the Abyss 3D, and the TBA Final Fantasy title. None are coming out with the system, so I am going to wait. As for anyone who does get a launch unit, let us know how it is. =] ​
    10. Ienzo
      Ienzo
      Ahh, I'm dying to play this game. I would happily get a 3DS just for it but I can't see that going down too well with my family.

I'm very curious about the character switching, I can see it possibly getting annoying when you're mid battle but I don't know, I'm just hoping it's done tastefully. I'm also interested as to how the Mastery exam will take place, it should be interesting. Thanks for the update ^^
    11. Saxima
      Saxima
      I feel what you're saying, that's why I'm saving up money to buy it for myself. I said "Hey! I bought the PS3, I can buy the 3DS too!" So, I'm heading toward my own little recession. DX But it'll totally be worth it. :D
    12. Darktorith
      Darktorith
      I am also curious on how the switch system will work, also I would like to see maybe what is to become of Kairi? Clearly she is not skilled enough to take the M.O.M. but does she still train with the keyblade or what?
    13. Mixt
      Mixt
      IIRC Nomura mentioned that the switch would feel pretty random at first but as the player gets more acustomed to the game it would begin to feel like a countdown of sorts. And I'm hearing a lot of comments like Tєrrα's that think that Riku and Sora's plotlines will be closely tied like they are going through everything together; in truth they will rarely be at the same world at all.

What I'm interested in is control scheming. Apparently there will be some differences between Riku and Sora on that. (reminiscent of CoM where Sora had a built deck and Riku had a fixed one)

I really hope they get the flash moves down right though. I don't think they should be easy to control but in the trailer we see Riku wall jumping down an allyway, the programmer of the script was needed to shoot that because no one else was able to control that move.
    14. Sufris
      Sufris
      I'm curious about, mainly, the gameplay overall and the title meaning. "The distance you fall in your dreams"/"how deeply you fall". How cryptic, IMO.

Dear oh dear. I hope my DS will be enough to pay for half the 3DS amount...
    15. Plums
      Plums
      o:
      Sexiest KH so far? I THINK SO.

I'm really intrigued by the Drop Gauge. Maybe it's linked to the moves shown in the trailer (Riku jumping off walls, Sora doing that slide-electric drop)?

As for this plot: "The distance you fall in your dreams"/"how deeply you fall".

Could it maybe be referring to the Awakening? It's sort of a dream like scenario, and in every game to date that featured it, the main characters fell onto it. Which also makes me excited, as it's a chance to see a Riku Awakening. 8D

And thanks for the update Mike Chev. c:
    16. Kites
      Kites
      I'm excited for this on the basis that it is an advancement in the timeline of the store instead of a prologue, filler, etc. because it's about time that they move on in plot point. However, it sucks that I have to spend money on an entirely new game system in order to play it and the 3DS isn't cheap or anything. I'm actually kind of glad that my younger brother wants the 3DS for his birthday so that I can kind of mooch off of his and not have to worry about buying my own. If there was one complaint I would make about the KH games, it would be the time it take to release the games, because seriously, if KH3 does not come out during the time of the PS3 I'm going to be piiiiiissed since I bought the PS3 with KH3 as one of my deciding factors.
    17. Kaidron Blaze
      Kaidron Blaze
      lol this is the exact same for me lol. I hate the fact that Kingdom Hearts is spread over so many game systems IT'S SO EXSPENCIVE! lol though I guess it's okay I play them and I like the variaty
    18. Boy Wonder
      Boy Wonder
      Something I noticed: I know Riku is in his KH1 form, but in all the images and the trailer, he's holding Soul Eater, not Way to Dawn.
    19. Sufris
      Sufris
      Suddenly, because of that, I was struck with the thought that this game could be one of those "review" games. As in, KH1 (though not exactly) all over again... As if we haven't had enough of that already... Just sharing.