Sony PSP Titles Being Remastered for PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by P, May 22, 2011.

1. P Banned

source

Very interesting. I wonder if we'll 8e seeing a Re:Birth by Sleep: Final Mix? Remastered Birth by Sleep would 8e really nice.

Not surprising that Sony is trying to 8ring PSP games over to the PS3. Less effort than developing new ones, and has a gr8er chance of 8eing 8ought. After all, the PSP is a sea of pir8cy.

2. Zter Banned

I've heard about this. It sounds like a good idea. I have a PSP myself, but I never really had the motivation to buy games on it. So remastering them for the PS3 would be interesting enough for me to check them out. Would be better if they used PS2 titles though. And not like the collections that are being released either.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think they're just boosting sales and preparing the ground for the NGP. Since it seems that one of it's features will be the console -to- handheld deal. Specially since the PSP is kind of going to die soon.

BBS for the PS3? Heck yes.

4. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

I would die a happy fangirl if I they bring Monster Hunter Portable 3rd over to the PS3. Any of the MH titles would be awesome (oh god Freedom Unite would be a god send ;___;).

5. P Banned

Recheck the source. Porta8le 3rd is announced for porting to the PS3. The only one that was announced as of yet. Congratul8ions.

6. Lite The Future

KH:BBS (Possibly Final Mix) Would great to port to PS3, I'm hoping they do. Also the Dissidia games, possibly, I'd really like to see those in HD.

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

This makes me want a PS3 more B|. I wonder if Dissidia will be coming to the PS3.

They even made a video comparing how the game looks on the PSP and how it will look on the PS3

[video=youtube;VsKbr9s0wwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKbr9s0wwQ&feature=player_embedded#at=56[/video]

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i like this idea actually. i wouldn't be surprised if the first game to be remastered was God of War games since they always seem to sell well. i'm hoping for Birth By Sleep and possibly Dissidia Duodecim.

9. Shift Chaser

This sounds excellent, finally a really good reason to get a ps3 of my own.
    I doubt that many titles will be re-done though =/

10. P Banned

Actually, that last part of the article is 8eginning to 8ug me.
    I do hope it doesn't end up 8eing a Japan exclusive, a la Re:COM. (Or did that eventually get shipped over, only for Europe to 8e completely shafted? Yeah, that'd 8e 8ad too.)

It's a pity they didn't announce this sort of thing earlier. I would've rather 8ought a PS3 than a PSP, 8ut I wanted to 8e a8le to play BBS. Then again, that's pro8a8ly why they didn't announce it earlier. Furthermore, the fact that they -are- announcing it now doesn't 8ode well for the future of the PSP. All the good games are jumping ship.

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Persoanlly, i'd rather the production focus on KH3 then a remastered BBS. Ater KH3, they can do what they want for the next 7 years after till KH4 is released. But for now: KH3!

As for the actual topic, PSP is dying and they are saving a few games on the sinking ship. Good luck with that.

12. libregkd -

13. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

This is amazing if they remaster most of the famous PSP games.
    God I would love playing Metal Gear Portable Ops and Peace Walker.
    And God of War.
    And a lot of other games.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I will be a happy man if they remaster Dissidia, Dissidia 012, Crises Core, Birth By Sleep, and maybe a few others, but those are the major ones

15. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I was just thinking about this after playing Re: Chain of Memories. If they can do it from the Gameboy, why not make BBS for the PS3? As it stand there aren't any KH games for PS3(yes you can play the originals, but nothing for the PS3). I'm surprised they didn't make something like a Super Smash KH, if for the only reason to milk the series more.

16. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I would love to see FFVII: Crisis Core available in HD, along with BBS, Dissidia, GOW and MGS.

17. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    You know, what Sony doesn't seem to get is that, to sell PSPs, you don't put PSP games on the PS3 or PS2. Looking at it from a business perspective, they're giving customers little incentive to buy a PSP when you can just buy a good portion of the games on PS2 or PS3.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Maybe it's just because we've got a NGP coming up and the PSP is going to be yesterday's news

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

This is probably their way of earning some easy money in the west with the PSP, and they're probably going to start trying a few things with the PSP to see if they'd be successful or not.

20. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    That's what I thought at first, but this is Sony we're talking about. They don't let old hardware die. They're still letting the PS2 be a walking zombie years after its stopped being relevant and arguably removed backwards compatibility to sell PS3 owners PS2s. Even if they let the PSP die when it should, it doesn't change that this is also jumping the gun. We don't know when the NGP will be out. For all we know, it could be this holiday season or it could be next year. It simply seems odd to me that Sony would release PSP games on the PS3 when the PSP is still alive. Hell, it seems odd to me that they wouldn't do this for the NGP to give incentive to buy it when it comes out.