DC: ~Τhε Jμsτιcε Cαdετs~

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The DC Universe. A universe where men like dressing up in tights and adopting orphans to dress up as well, but nobody questions why a billionaire playboy loves adopting kids. A universe where the uniforms of women get sexier and sexier with time. A universe where killer clowns, evil aliens, bald power-hungry businessmen, and villains with the opposite color scheme of heroes run amok. A universe with countless heroes and villains, but no teams. Wait, what? Rewind and remix! What about the Teen Titans? Young Justice? Were those shows lying? The Doom Patrol, the world's strangest heroes, what happened to them? More importantly, the Justice League and Justice Society, they're not just teams, but they're the best! Surely, you jest, Mr. RP Maker. After all, even the bad guys team up! (Legion of Doom, anybody?)
    Well, in this version of the DC Universe (We'll call it Earth-Alpha, or Earth-53? Screw it, it's just Earth in this RP), heroes and villains never teamed up. Villains are too selfish, insane, and proud, though there have been times where the smarter villains manipulate others into working for them. Heroes, for varying reasons, never teamed up. Of course, there have been several team ups and helping outs. Superman and Batman are still known as the World's Finest, and with the addition of Wonder Woman, they're the Trinity. But no official team has ever been made. No Society, no League, no Legion. But all that is about to change when the Trinity is no more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: throughout this post, several names are going to be hyper-linked (that simply means the name's going to be a link to a page). You do not have to click those links or read the entire page. The links lead you to the DC Wiki page (For those who don't know, DC is the company that makes heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc. while Marvel makes Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.). I'm going to hyper-link several names simply so you can click (if you wish) and see who I'm talking about. Don't freak out if you don't recognize somebody (or anybody for that matter); I don't expect you to know everyone here xD This RP is for everyone, regardless if you're a comic book geek, Smallville fanatic, Teen Titans fan, or if you only know who Superman is because of his tights.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world knows of many heroes and even more villains. The heroes always manage to keep the villains at bay and save the world from crimes as small as a robbery to as ridiculous as blacking out the sun. However, these heroes have never made an official team. While this is for varying reasons, there has never been a league of justice or any superheroes making a legion; there's never been heroes patrolling for doom or any group of teenage titans. There's only been heroes, and their sidekicks. Though heroes have teamed up on occasion, there's never been an official team. Villains are the same way, too proud (and some too stupid) to join with others, especially since they have differing goals. It's not uncommon, however, for the smarter villains to manipulate the dumber ones (*coughDrLightcough*). However, there's been rumors about the 'Trinity' (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman) starting their own official team. Unfortunately, they never had the chance to do so.
    Two weeks ago, something horrible happened. Earth saw an invasion the likes of which it has never seen before. There was a war between the aliens and Earth. Earth won, but at a terrible cost. The war lasted only a single day, but it was the Day that Heroes Died.

Out of nowhere, the sun blacked out. Then an extraordinary number of spaceships appeared in a bright flash around Earth. The entire planet was enveloped in a green light, as if the sun exploded, but only for an instant. The second the light faded, countless lights were in the skies: spaceships. A single message was heard across the entire globe:

"We are the System. Earth shall be assimilated."

Beams of light then shot from the ships into Earth, releasing waves upon waves of seven-foot tall winged aliens. The aliens all glowed colors, ranging from red to violet, yellow to green, blue to orange. The aliens were strong, fast, and had an array of weaponry so advanced, they might have been futuristic. Every attempt made to talk to the aliens was met with silence and then hostility. In a matter of hours, millions upon millions of small spaceships were waiting outside of Earth. Within that same period of time, countless people were killed. After five hours of invading, a single, large spaceship descended upon Earth, guns blazing over Gotham City. In an attempt to save his city and deal a blow to the invading army, Batman (Bruce Wayne) drove his Bat-plane into the ship, successfully destroying it. Unfortunately, he didn't make it out alive. ]Nightwing
    (Richard Grayson), also known as the original Robin, the Boy Wonder, took his adoptive father's mantle, only to die as another Batman. In a rage at the loss of his best friend and fellow hero, Superman (Clark Kent) lost control of his powers and flew to space. In his god-like rage, Superman managed to single-handedly destroy a good portion of the alien vessels before he succumbed to his injuries and died as well. Now both of the World's Finest were gone. It wasn't long after that Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) was found dead, unusually with a broken neck. With the 'Trinity' gone, everything else fell to chaos.

The Flash(Barry Allen) traveled the world at a speed he's never gone before, warning every hero to unite. At the speed he was going, his body soon gave out and collapsed, making the fastest man alive the fastest man dead. The three Green Lanterns of Earth, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, and John Stewart used their Power Rings as nuclear bombs and sacrificed themselves, taking out a large number of the alien army. Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz/John Jones) sacrificed himself to protect his adopted planet. Once the aliens entered the oceans, Aquaman (Orin/Arthur Curry) found himself sacrificed as well to protect the seas, leaving the kingdom of Atlantis with only a queen. As night left and dawn came, more and more heroes were killed. Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) took out many aliens with his trusty bow, but the number of aliens outnumbered his number of arrows. Blue Devil (Daniel Cassidy), a relatively unknown hero who spent his days banishing demons to Hell with Lucifer's own trident, found his trident useless against aliens and was impaled by his own weapon. Hawkman (Carter Hall) and Hawkgirl (Shiera Sanders) were killed, their souls being put back in the cycle of reincarnation. Black Canary (Dinah Lance) destroyed a small group of aliens herself, simply by screaming at the top of her superpowered lungs. Unfortunately, it was her final Canary Cry as her lungs gave out, leaving a leather clad heroine's corpse in the street.

Many more heroes, several villains, and countless more civilians were killed. The invasion lasted five days, each day being a long night without any sun. Then, the aliens appeared to have suffered too big a blow, despite having the upper hand, and disappeared in a flash of green light, just as quickly as they came.

With the number of civilians dead, no superhero had to worry about his identity being revealed. It couldn't have been significant that both Batman and Bruce Wayne died when hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of other people died. Left without his adopted father and older brother
    , Tim Wayne (real name Timothy Drake), also known as Robin was named CEO of Wayne Enterprises. He also finds several records of his father, Bruce Wayne/Batman, revealing plans to form a team, a league of justice, the first superhero team ever. During a collective funeral for all of the heroes where he spoke as Robin, he revealed his plans to abandon the Robin costume and become Red Robin, Batman's successor. Tim Wayne then speaks at Bruce Wayne's funeral, revealing a massive secret to the world.
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    OOC thread: http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?111633-The-Justice-Cadets-OOC-Discussion&p=3411173#post3411173

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"I realize this is a surprise to most of you," Tim said solemnly as the reporters in black all gasped, started mumbling, yelled questions, and flashed camera, but he kept going, looking straight ahead. "My last name has been Wayne for over two years now." Bright lights flashed intensely and questions were yelled, but both light and sound were blurred out as Tim's eyes narrowed. He looked down to see the black suit he was wearing. The only color on his outfit was the blue tie. "I understand most of you are here not out of respect, but to treat this..." he choked on the next word before letting it out, "funeral...treat it more as a press conference. And I'm here to tell you about what's going to happen to Wayne Enterprises." As the reporters erupted into more questions, Tim could feel his eyes watering. He hated it. He hated that he was there at Bruce's funeral and instead of a speech about Bruce's life, he was forced to out himself as Bruce's adopted son and talk about the future of Wayne Enterprises. He looked behind him. Three headstones adorned three graves, with the one on the right being the newest. Thomas Wayne. Martha Wayne. Bruce Wayne. It was then that a tear fell down his cheek.
    Tim had just revealed himself as Bruce Wayne's adopted son. He claimed he was an intern for Bruce at a young age since Bruce and his late father were good friends. After Jack Drake died, Bruce adopted Tim, though he kept his adoption secret as opposed to Dick Grayson's, his older adoptive brother that the media loved. The prettyboy heir, they called him. The billionaire playboy, they called Bruce. Tim never called either of them any of those. He knew them as Dick, his brother, and Bruce, his father and mentor. He knew them even better as Nightwing and Batman. "Bruce kept me a secret from the press. Unlike him and Dick, I wasn't interested in the billionaire's lifestyle. I wanted to study. It's hard to so much use the bathroom then go to school when people like you watch every move you make," he said it as a jab to the press and a silence fell over them. "However, even though I'm 17, I'm the only...legible heir to Wayne Enterirpises. And as such, I'm the new CEO, according to Bruce's will. I'm not here to talk about that, though, I'm here to talk about something else." He looked each reporter in the eyes, taking a long pause. At least they're dressed in black...he thought. He knew the funeral was televised. Wayne Enterprises had too many stockholders to worry about its celebrity CEO dying, nor his oldest adopted son dying in the same freak alien invasion. Everybody wanted to know, 'is Wayne Enterprises going to continue?'
    "Bruce wanted to tell everyone something before he died, but...he didn't get the chance. So here I am," Tim's eyes narrowed as he looked up and saw a shadow in the trees. "Bruce Wayne...was Batman."

3. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[Jesse Quick]

נesse stood in the shade of a tree, watching the scene unfold in front of her. So much sacrifice had happened, so much bloodshed, so much loss... And the citizens weren't going to lay off of the "leftovers" any time soon. It was their duty, their obligation to step up, swallow their grief, and go back saving the world like none of this happened. It was the way of being a hero, or so that's what her father had taught her before it happened... She hated it, she didn't want to be in this situation in the beginning, but duty called. Here she was now.

She watched as the reporters swarmed Tim, Bruce Wayne's adopted son. Couldn't they just leave them alone for at least a couple of days? This was his funeral, not some convention. Yet that's how it was being treated. Jesse scoffed in disgust, shaking her head as she looked down briefly. What was she doing here anyways? Maybe to catch a glimpse of Flash's sidekick?

'No.'

But she knew it was true, she couldn't fight herself.

Suddenly, what Tim Wayne said brought her back to reality. Her head snapped up, eyes wide. Bruce Wayne... was Batman?! That meant that Tim could possibly be his sidekick. Or at least that's what she thought. But she couldn't be so sure. Her lips were in a line thine, listening more closely to Tim right now

[[I'll do my post layouts on my break days. Just a heads up, you won't see me around so much at night anymore. Have to work afternoon shifts after tomorrow and only get Sunday and Monday off this week. :'D ]]

4. Arch Mana Knight

'Did you really have to do that? How long was I gone...?' Jaime thought to himself as he rubbed the back of his head, rolling his shoulders afterward once he recovered from the discomfort getting rid of his Blue Beetle armor game him. He had been forcibly shifted into "The Bleed". It was a place between dimensions that even he didn't understand despite having been there before. Last time he went in, he came out having missed an entire year on Earth. He had been in for just moments this time around but he just had to figure out how long he had been gone. Jaime dusted off his shoulders and looked around for a moment. For the most part all he saw was sand, desert weeds, and a single highway. Though a few buildings caught his attention when he turned around. It was just a car dealership, but it was something. Jaime stepped towards it when the Scarab spoke to him. 'Only one week has passed since we were in the Bleed. There's no need to go around asking for the El Paso Times.'

"El Paso Times? So we are back in my hometown! ...Well...the far West side of it from the looks of it." He scratched his head, knowing he couldn't make his way around on foot. "Still...I should find out what's happened since I've been gone." He thought to himself as he started to head towards the building. 'It seems to be that several disturbances have occurred while we were away.' The Scarab told him. 'Any idea?' Jaime asked curiously. There was silence from the Scarab's end. 'Guess I'll just go and check things out.'

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Wally West tapped his black-shoe-covered feet on the ground, trying to make a distraction for himself from the black hole that was slowly growing inside him. The events of late had sobered him more than he'd ever been. He had no quips for family, no banter for friends, no pick-up lines for girls. He didn't even know how to cheer himself up at this point. So many heroes... gone. The Flash, his mentor and uncle... gone. Wally's red and yellow striped tie against his white dress shirt and black suit jacket was something only he and his hero friends would understand. Maybe his best friend's words would give him some kind of comfort; he raised his eyes from the ground to look forward at Tim and listen to his speech. And it was a good thing he did because what Tim had just said nearly gave Wally a heart attack.
    What was he thinking?! Telling the whole world that Bruce was Batman! Wally wondered if, given the opportunity, he would tell the world that his uncle was the mighty speedster, Flash. No; it would be too easy to come to more conclusions from that. Or at least, it would be for someone of the same intelligence level as himself. After this absurdity ended, he wanted to have a talk alone with Tim.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Tim would have laughed if he wasn't where he was. Reporters would normally have erupted into chaotic questions in this type of situation, but it seemed they were all so surprised that Bruce Wayne, billionaire playboy who can't get enough women, was Batman, Dark Knight of Gotham City. Before anybody could ask, Tim quickly said, "Let me rephrase, Bruce was not Batman underneath the cowl. He was Batman's supporter. Batman's...financial support. Who was under the mask, I don't know, and I doubt Bruce did, but..." before he could say anything else, reporters were everywhere, asking the questions he was expecting. 'What do you mean? He wasn't Batman? Are you saying he funded Batman's vigilante activities?' and the such.
    "Bruce had several plans in order to...well, help Batman even more. He was preparing a press conference, but of course...that won't happen now. However, I found his speech among his...last will and testament, thankfully, and I'm here to read it to you." With that, he reached into his suit and pulled out a piece of paper. He unfolded it as silence fell once again.
    "Some of you may have wondered..." he started to read the paper, his eyes tearing up at the sight of Bruce's handwriting, but he fought on and kept reading, "How does a man like the Batman afford to constantly update his crime-fighting technology? Where does his money come from? Well, the answer is me. I've been financing Batman in secret for years." For a brief moment, Tim hoped that no stupid reporter was writing down that the speech was Tim's own words before continuing. "My parents were murdered in the street right in front of me. So when a man like Batman appeared on the scene, what else could I do? Now I want to take that commitment further, with his help and yours..." Just then, Tim heard a loud snap and looked up. In the trees behind the crowd, a figure jumped into the branches. It was the same figure from earlier. Tim knew who it was and he wasn't worried. He wasn't the only one who had lost Bruce. He looked down into the crowd to see a bald old man, wearing all black, looking back towards the figure, his hand over his mouth. Poor Alfred... Tim shook his head and kept reading, "Ladies and gentlemen. Batman's war against crime goes global tonight. It's my great pleasure to introduce Wayne Enterprises' newest venture...THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!" And then the paper was placed down. Tim didn't look up as he continued to talk, "Bruce was using Batman to start a team...a team uniting the World's Finest...the best superheroes the world had to offer and make a force of good. A weapon and shield against evil. That was the Justice League. Looking over the roster, I regret to tell you," his eyes quickly moved up to stare at the reporters, "every hero on the list to join has died in the last two weeks."

OOC: I swear, like two long posts more and I'm going to normal posts >>

7. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Where's he going with this? Wally nervously thought. Would it be stupid to jump up and shut Tim's mouth for him? Yes. So Wally stayed in his seat. The idea of a team of heroes was fascinating though. He found himself imagining ways this hero would work with that hero, or that hero would work with another. The possibilities were amazing. And then his science side surfaced and he started thinking of ways to combine heroes' powers. Superman's many abilities with endless possibilities of the Green Lanterns' --
    No. They're gone now... A team won't be formed. Wally clenched his hands into fists, looking straight at Tim. What are you getting at??

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[Jesse Quick]

נesse raised an eyebrow when the conversation took a different route. A group of heroes, being combined together to make a mega team? She felt of twinge of sorrow pull at her heart. Her father could have been on that team... But Flash stepped up after her dad never returned from his last mission. But she couldn't just dwell on that. Even though she didn't care for Flash after that day, she knew that Wally, sitting up there with Tim, lost someone close to him too. Tim was right, all of the heroes were gone. It was just the sidekicks left, the ones that had to stand back sometimes and watch the real heroes do the big job. The Lesser Knowns, Jesse liked to call them since she was one of them. She silently sighed out, leaning against the tree again.

A movement was caught in the corner of her eye. In the next tree over from hers, something jumped up in the branches. Jesse watched, wary now that someone else was here with the crowd. She decided to look back at Tim, curious to know where he was going with this, but at the same time keeping alert of whatever or whomever was in the tree.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"For those of you who watched the Superhero Funeral earlier this week," Tim continued, "You know that Robin is no longer the Boy Wonder. He changed his name, however strange it is, to Red Robin." He could see a few nods and whispers. Who didn't see the Superhero Funeral? He wondered if anybody in the audience could even fathom that he was Red Robin. "You may have already guessed, but Red Robin is taking Batman's place as Gotham City's protector. And, accordingly, Wayne Enterprises is going to finance his heroics as much as we did Batman. He may not be the Dark Knight, but he's the best we have," he said, throwing a jab at himself. He knew he couldn't be as efficient as Bruce, or even Dick who was considered 'Batman, Jr.' He couldn't strike the fear of God into criminals the way Bruce did. He would have to rely on other tactics. That's why his new Red Robin suit was made specifically for combat. He could take bullet shots at moderate range and his suit was padded to survive hard impacts easier. In fact, his suit had more technology than Batman's did. Along with the Justice League speech, Tim had found a file titled 'Project: Beyond,' with blueprints for a new Batman suit with outstanding technology. He had no idea if it was meant for Bruce himself, but part of him thought it was meant for Dick. Nightwing would be Batman II, officially, if that was true. Tim shook his head, noticing his hands were trembling. He had told Bruce many times that he would never become Batman. No way in Hell...that's what I told him. "Anyway, Red Robin...he's going to be the start of the team. However, because of the...pool of heroes we have to choose from, they won't be called the Justice League. They're the Justice Cadets. I'll leave the rest of this matter to Maxwell Lord IV, the second member of the Justice Cadets and the tactician. Ladies and Gentlemen, here's Max Lord, otherwise known as White Light." He heard even more confused whispers, but didn't wait before walking off the stage. He walked towards Alfred, who nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder, before turning around and keeping his eyes down.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. The sound of the footsteps of his white tennis shoes were in perfect rhythm as Max Lord took the stage and podium. He had placed himself, clad entirely in white, behind the stage in the middle of the cemetery, where he wouldn't stick out. His 'costume' was composed of a short-sleeve white shirt with his 'emblem' (an upside down triangle with lines extending from the top placed in a circle) over his heart tucked into his white jeans (which had a white belt with the same emblem as his buckle and a holster with a single pistol on the left), his jeans were tucked into white tennis shoes and his hands were inside white gloves. He placed his hands on the podium and started to speak, "Good evening. Some of you may know as me Max Lord from my multiple businesses or work with the government. However, I'm here with a new identity: White Light. I had talked with both Red Robin and young Mr. Wayne here," he nodded towards Tim, "Along with several other representatives from Wayne Enterprises in order to form the Justice Cadets. It has been my firm belief that a team of heroes would be more efficient than individual heroes and I am proud to be part of this. While I may not be as powerful or intimidating as other 'advanced-level persons,' to use the legal term, I will serve as the tactician and public voice for the Cadets. As such, I will always be front with you, the public. My name is Maxwell Lord IV, I go by Max Lord. I run several businesses and do work with government agencies such as the FBI. I'm using my business expertise to help the Cadets. My alias is White Light and my weapon is a pistol. I'm also a telepath, capable of very mild mind control. I will take no questions at this time, however, as this is a solemn occasion. Two days from now, I will be having a press conference in Gotham Plaza to answer every and all questions. Thank you." And with that speech, he walked off, ignoring the roar of questions thrown at him.

10. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Virgil Hawkins sat at home with his Father and Sister.
    They were watching the live funeral of Bruce Wayne. Virgil hadn't intended to watch the funeral... he felt that the man deserved his privacy, but his Father and Sister had the channel on... so he figured he may as well watch it.
    It was either that, or sneak outside and power up as Static. But... with the death of so many heroes, and now the subject of death being bought up via the funeral.
    Virgil felt he be better off not going out tonight.
    Besides... Bang Baby (The street name of the super-powered individuals like him) activity was practically zero right now.
    So he sat there... watching and hearing the revelations about Bruce and other heroes, and the idea to form the Justice Cadets.
    That was when his father spoke.

"A lot of good Men and Women died... We must never forget that.
    I hope these Justice Cadets continue to fight proud of their predecessors, this world needs heroes." he stated.

Virgil nodded sadly. ...I wonder what I should do now. The world's best are gone...
    Although... this new team might be the worlds best chance now.

Then his sister spoke up, "I wonder if Static will join them." she mused to herself.

Virgil smirked at this.. "Knowing Static, if the Cadets want him... I'm sure he will."

11. Arch Mana Knight

"What the hell..?" The newspaper that Jaime had found slipped out of his grasp, falling and spreading out on the floor as he stepped back in shock. He couldn't have been gone for more than a week yet something like this had occurred. Nearly every superhero on the list had been heroes Jaime had met or helped out at one point in time. "Batman...Superman...Wonder Woman...Night Wing and Aquaman too!" He shook slightly, knowing that he had not even began to think of the other names on the list. So many super heroes had been killed during one invasion. 'You could not have done anything. It was not your fault.' The Scarab spoke directly to Jaime. 'But if I could've been there...' He stepped away from the small stand that held several more papers reading the same headline.

'There's another presence in the city. Demon-like in origin.' Without warning the Blue Beetle armor began to take form around Jaime. 'Hey!' The Scarab gave him no further notice as it forced them back into the Bleed, rapidly shifting in and out of it to appear elsewhere inside the city...

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Tim nodded as White Light walked past him and stood next to Alfred. There was security -only a funeral like this would actually have security- keeping the press from White Light, Alfred, Tim, Lucius Fox (a high ranking employee in Wayne Enterprises who was aware of Bruce's secret life), and a few female 'friends' of Bruce who were in mourning. Tim looked up and walked back onto the stage for his final announcement. As he reached the podium, he noticed a tall slender figure in the crowd, surrounded by bulkier figures, and almost tripped when he recognized Ra's al Ghul, one of Bruce's biggest enemies, an immortal assassin with connections in every world government who planned to cripple all of those governments, and the person behind the revival of Jason Todd, the second Robin who had died at the hands of the Joker...only to be revived slightly mad as the anti-hero Red Hood. Tim knew that Jason was also the figure hiding behind the trees. Next to Ra's was a girl around Tim's age who resembled Ra's daughter, Talia, one of Bruce's many ex-flames (and possibly the most important), but Talia herself was nowhere to be found.
    He kept his eyes on Ra's (pronounced Rashe) as he reached the podium. "Most of you will probably recognize Lucius Fox, head of Wayne Enterprise's R&D division. As of today, I'm handing over CEO status to him until I finish my studies since I'll also be of age by then." He pointed to Lucius, who turned around, slightly waved, nodded to the reporters, and turned around. Tim struggled to speak loudly, despite having his microphone on. The reporters were vicious. He nodded to Lucius, who Tim always thought resembled Morgan Fox. "He'll hold his own press conference tomorrow, preceding Mr. Lord's." Tim then nodded towards the security, giving them the signal to push the reporters (and Bruce's girlfriends) away. "For now, I apologize. I am starting the official funeral. This is a time for mourning, not business. But I will add this, I am not Bruce, nor am I Dick. I am not the same...playboy type as they were," Or should I say, dark knight type..."I will not stand for being followed by you or any other reporters. I tend to focus on my studies until I can take over Wayne Enterprises, not spend my days partying just so you can make a headline. And now, I thank you for coming." With that, he walked off the stage as security struggled to push the reporters back. He flashed Wally a look, hoping that he would avoid security.

Daniel couldn't even get the catholic funeral he wanted because he looked like a Demon, even though he was a hero, and yet, this drunk playboy gets a televised one? That's totally fair, Eddie thought as he stood on a sidewalk outside of a pawn shop in El Paso, staring at the TVs through the window that were showing the Wayne funeral. It was a strange sight, a red demon with white hair, yellow eyes, black leather pants, a long tail, a chain around his waist, and a large trident in one hand watching t.v. in the open. Several people were whispering, some recognizing him, but most simply strayed. He had to talk to the cops once already when somebody called him. It was a good thing that they recognized him. The only person who didn't seem to be scared of him was a little boy, maybe ten years old, standing next to him. His yellow eyes stopped glowing and showed their white, leaving his irises yellow. He looked over to the little boy, who was staring back and had short blonde hair. For only a moment, Red Devil missed his pale skin, black hair, and brown eyes.
    "Why is everyone scared of you?" The little boy asked abruptly, tilting his head. "Aren't you a good guy?"
    Red Devil chuckled as Lucifer's trident started to vibrate, alerting him to the presence of another Demon nearby, the one he came to El Paso hunt. "Sometimes, I ask myself the same thing," Red Devil replied as he bent down and patted the kid on his head. "Do me a favor, don't light any strange candles, alright? Be an accountant or something. Wanting to be a superhero is too cliche." And with that, he stood up and stretched his arms, raising the trident high into the air. His retractable wings stretched along with his arms. He bent his knees and jumped high over the boy. That bastard Daniel, how dare he die. He thought as his left foot kicked off the wall of the pawn shop. How dare he die and leave his stupid demons for me to hunt. He stretched his wings and started to fly. How dare he die before I could forgive him!

OOC: One more long funeral post and the official superheroics will start~

13. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Wally attempted a smile when his eyes met with Tim's. He stood from his seat and made his way to the back of the crowd. After quickly glancing around to make sure no one was looking at him, he took a running start; in a second, he'd arced around the crowd and was next to Tim, walking as though he'd been there the whole time. He fixed his tie and put his hands in the pockets of his black jacket. "Sorry you had to do all that." Wally felt like someone needed to apologize for all the stupid reporters and cameras -- who better than a best friend?

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Tim showed no sign of surprise at Wally blurring over to him, as he called it, nor did his heart skip a beat, but he was caught off guard. Even with all of the training from Bruce, all of the time he's spent with Wally and Superboy, among other speedsters, the sudden 'woosh' and appearance of a speedster is something he still hasn't gotten used to. Though Bruce's training has stopped his heart from skipping a beat and his face from showing any surprise. "You're not the only one that's sorry," he said, half-smiling. "Thanks for coming, Wally." Before Wally could answer, Tim noticed Ra's approaching them, without his bodyguards. "Excuse me for a moment, though, will you?" He didn't wait for Wally's response.
    "What are you doing here?"
    "Hello, Mr. Drake. Or should I say, Mr. Wayne?" Said the head of the League of Assassins. "I am here to offer my condolences. That is what these...occasions are for, despite these vultures," he said as he nodded his head towards the leaving reporters.
    Tim's eyes narrowed. "That doesn't answer my question. I want the truth, Ra's, not your manipulative lies. Bruce wasn't exactly on your good side."
    Ra's lips twisted into a frown. "Manners, Timothy. While the detective and I were often at ends, I consider him almost family. After all, you know about his past with Talia, do you not?"
    Tim simply nodded. "And where is the young assassinette?" His eyes narrowed again, suspicious.
    "You aren't the only one to have lost someone in this tragedy, Timothy. It would do you well to remember that," Ra's voice almost cracked, but he ended the statement in a smile.
    Tim's eyes instantly widened. "Wow, Ra's...I didn't think that I'd actually apologize to you, but I'm sorry," he said it and looked down, ashamed.
    Ra's nodded and turned around, "Perhaps my sweet Talia and her dear beloved will meet in the afterlife, Timothy. Death isn't meant to only be feared nor a moment to grieve, but it can be an event to be celebrated." His daughter, the one Tim hadn't recognized was now by his side and took his arm as they started to walk away.
    "Is that why you've been running from it for all these centuries?"
    Ra's chuckled and stopped, turning his head. "Not running, Timothy, mastering. Nonetheless, I also came here to say that I'm...disappointed in your decision to simply adopt a color for that moniker of yours. Not inheriting the cowl?"
    It was as if Tim couldn't stop narrowing his eyes. "I've told Bruce many times that I will never become Batman. I will take his place, but not as the Dark Knight."
    "Well, someone'll have to fill the hole he's leaving behind. Someone will have to wear the cape and cowl. I suspect someone will."
    "What are you playing at, Ra's?"
    "Oh, just voicing my suspicions. Until next time, Timothy. Once again, I offer my condolences." And with that, Ra's and his daughter left.
    Tim's mood changed to suspicious, but he kept his eyes on Ra's. "And I offer mine to you."

OOC: Woo, last long post!

15. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Wally tried not to eavesdrop on the conversation Tim and Ra's were having. He looked around again to distract himself and saw someone he didn't expect to see -- Jesse Quick; well, Jesse Chambers at the moment. Like everyone else here, she was not in her super-clothes (as Wally liked to call them). What should he say to her? Should even say anything to her? But he was curious as to why she'd even come to this. He didn't know of a relationship between Jesse and Bruce. Maybe she had nothing better to do and that's why she came. His lips curled down in thoughtful frown. If he wanted to talk to her, he'd have to zoom around the crowd all over again, and leave Tim. No, he could talk to Jesse later; staying with his best friend was more important at the moment.

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

╰☆╮ ~Jesse Chambers~ ╰☆╮

[​IMG]

[Jesse Quick]

Noticing that Wally had spotted her, Jesse decided that it would be best to leave. She was just passing by after all, and she wasn't invited to Bruce Wayne's funeral and everyone here who knew Batman needed their privacy. Despite the tension she felt towards him, she gave Wally a small wave of her hand to acknowledge him, then turned and began to walk back across the street to go find something productive to do. Returning home meant returning to memories she didn't want to see right now. She really had no one to call up either.

Sighing out, she changed her direction and began walking to the memorial for her father. 'Heh, I'm so contridicting,' she thought and smiled just a bit to herself. 'I didn't wanna go home because I didn't wanna see Dad... But here I am, walking to his memorial. Oh well. Maybe I can grab a milkshake on the way home or something to lighten the mood.'

She didn't go on super speed mode. Jesse decided to take it slow for once, and enjoy the world around her as she made her way to her father. There was no rush. Not today.

Lorena Marquez

[​IMG]

{Aquagirl}

Lorena absently stirred her noddles and rice together with her chopsticks, watching as the news clip on Bruce Wayne's funeral fading off to discuss other "major" issues in the classic civilian life. Her head was propped up by her hand, her elbow resting on the counter in the little Chinese restaurant she had found just now. She was tired, starving, and above all... tired. After the death of Aqua Man, she had been on a search to find Aqualad, the only friend she knew about. He had been missing since the alien invasion, which made her edgy. She had searched one city after another... This was her third city, and she was in an area that wasn't the best place in town. It was where all the homeless people hanged out at, and judging by the vandalism she had seen, gangs.

But despite the rough crowd she floated through, she came across friendly faces as well. This Chinese couple who owned the place for one example. Although they spoke horrible English, they were very kind and generous to her, giving her extra food. She had some money left, but it was starting to string out thinly.

Sighing out, Lorena let the chopsticks fall from her fingers in the bowl of noddle and grabbed her head with both of her hands, running her fingers through her hair. This was starting to become very frustrating. She was beginning to doubt she would ever find him in the sea of people. 'Heh, nice pun.'

Someone cleared their throat and Lorena looked up from her bowl of noodles to see the old Chinese woman, smiling at her, looking concerned. "You... no like noodles?" she ventured, trying out her English.

Lorena quickly smiled, shaking her head as she grabbed for the chopsticks again. "No, I like the noodles." Her voice had a hint of a Spanish accent to it, something she inherited from her parents. "Just sad," she said, using simple sentences just in case the lady couldn't understand her. The old women gestured over to the small TV that was showing a special on all of the heroes that had protected the world for so long, then looked back at Lorena. Lorena understood what she was trying to get at, and nodded her head, smiling politely to the Chinese woman before focusing back on her lunch, trying to muster enough energy to eat it.

Just then, she caught a movement in the corner of her eye and glanced over. There was a group of four men, some African American, some White, some Hispanic like her, standing outside of the restaurant. Lorena had seen them earlier, just goofing off and playing around when she walked by the alleyway they were in. Now they were here, which only meant one thing to her.

They followed her here.

Hissing under her breath, Lorena stabbed her chopsticks in the noodles and took a big bite out of the one that were wrapped around the bamboo sticks. She didn't need this, not today. She wasn't in the mood for it, and she was afraid she would probably go further than critically injuring them. In the back of her mind, she knew there were more than just those four standing outside the restaurant. The rest were probably somewhere close by, waiting patiently...

The woman seemed to catch on to Lorena's frustration, and glanced nervously to the door. Fear seemed to play on her eyes as she began to speak quickly to her husband in mandarin, who was in the kitchen at the time. The old man poked his head out the door before narrowing his eyes and snatched the telephone that was by the door, dialing a number.

"Ooo, bad boys are in trouble," Lorena mocked, watching them closely from where she was sitting. She knew the couple were calling the police to come shoo these guys away. They didn't look like friendly locals after all.

17. Arch Mana Knight

"Hey! You!" Jaime called out towards the Red Devil upon seeing him. He hadn't recognized this one despite the time(however brief it really was) he had spent around other super heroes. "Er..." Now that he had called out for the demon's attention he wasn't sure what to do. He was in armor and ready to fight but Red Devil didn't seem to be doing anything wrong. 'Are you sure you got the right guy? Maybe there's an anime convention in town or-' The Scarab's own thoughts cut of Jaime's as it forced him to raise his left arm, creating a hand cannon through the armor. 'Concussive cannon activated.' Without any intention to, the Scarab forced Jaime to fire on Red Devil. 'Hey what are you doing!?' Jaime shouted mentally. 'Hellish energies are contained within that being.' Was the Scarab's only response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One block away from Gotham Plaza several alarms were set off. People fled out of the bank in which the alarms went off. On the bank's floor every single security guard was already knocked unconscious. The only person still up and about was a hooded male with a white mask that had a red "X" on it. "Hmph. You'd think after all that's happened there'd be more security." He looked over at the main entrance which he had previously strolled into casually. He took a small metal orb out of his own utility belt and tossed it out through a crack in the door. Red X turned away as the small metallic ball exploded, bringing down the entire front entrance. The last thing he wanted was for some common police officers to come after him and interrupt his work.

18. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

"...This world needs heroes.." Virgil repeated his fathers earlier words while inside his room.
    ...Well, if the world needed heroes... what was he just sitting around here for.
    He had a duty to the people, he couldn't let down the heroes who had died, by just sitting around.
    He ran out of his room, and to the front door.
    "Dad, Richie called me for something, so I need to head out for a bit." he lied. He hated lying to his father, but he didn't have much of a choice.

"I dunno son, it's pretty late."

"Dad, Richie is my best friend ya know?"

His Dad sighed... "...Okay. But be careful Virgil.. It's not the safest of times right now."

"Thanks pap's!" Virgil said running out of the house and ducking into a side alleyway nearby.
    He then proceeded to power up, (also considered getting into costume)
    Before flying out of the alleyway at high speed on his Compact metal disk, an item of his own design.
    Static's powers of electricity allowed him to do many things. One was making objects fly (although it was easier if they were metal objects) so he used this as his method to get around. The disc was designed to fold up for quick and easy storage.
    Personally, it was pretty cool. Hey... he was pretty much surfing on air!
    He flew fast into the main section of town, listening to radio waves of police scanners, which another convenient way for him to use his powers.
    Then he picked something up.
    It seems there was some small gang trouble, apparently the local Chinese restaurant had dialled the police.
    Static sighed as he altered his course so he was heading towards it.
    And then he spotted the four men in question, right outside the shop.
    They seemed to be making a move. Holding pipes/bats.

Why were they here...?

Static dropped behind them, unheard as they entered the shop.
    Suddenly an arc of electricity appeared overhead of them, and Static willed a bowl of hot noodles to go flying onto one of the thugs faces.
    "Um, didn't anyone ever tell you, not to play with your food?" Static chided, enjoying his witty remarks.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Sorry about that, Wally," Tim apologized as he walked back to his best friend. "But Ra's rubs me the wrong way. I think he's plannin-" He was interrupted by a series of beepbeepbeepbeep. Oh, please, not now. He thought as he reached into the pocket of his suit. He pulled out a small PDA type device with the Bat-Symbol on it. "Trouble," he told Wally. As if on cue, a group of police cars sped past. Sorry, Bruce, Dick...I guess trouble stopped mourning you. He thought as he ran towards the car. As he ran, he started to undo his tie and unbuttoning his suit, revealing the top of a black and red costume.
    White Light was long gone. He had waited for the funeral to start, but he had received a 911 call. He had a special phone, designed to intercept police calls, and it had gone off. He wish he would have apologized to Tim Wayne for leaving so abruptly, but there was no time. He was running towards Gotham's First National Bank. I should invest in a Bat-Cycle or something.

Eddie heard Blue Beetle yelled out and quickly turned around. "Blue-?" The blast hit him square in the chest and threw him backwards, causing him to fall. "WHAT THE HELL, MAN?!" He yelled as he fell. He landed on a car, smashing it, and jumped to his feet, back arched. His eyes were glowing intensely as he growled and smoke escaped his lips. "Blue Beetle," he said, recognizing the armor, though he doubted Beetle would recognize him. "Got a reason for blasting me like that? Or do you not know me?" More smoke escaped his mouth as he prepared a possible counter for Blue Beetle's response.

20. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Wally held back the angry sigh he wanted to let out. Couldn't crime just wait a few hours?? Jeez. In a second, he'd become a blur of black, white, and a bit of red, running around the block. The colors of the streaks changed to bright yellow and red. Kid Flash skid to a stop behind a building for a second, looking down at the red lightning bold that cut through the white circle on his chest.

“We have these big targets on our chests for a reason, you know.â€

The Flash's words echoed in his mind. He shook his head and pulled his goggles down over his eyes. He couldn't get distracted; he wasn't a sidekick anymore. But he'd gladly be a part of Robin's team if he was going through with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.