A Nation's Wrath ~OOC~

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Mixt, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

This is not final. Any ideas to make the RP better are welcome.

An eerie glow filled the room as the only light came from flickering torches of dark fire. Silhouetted by the moon light that cascaded down through a rear stained glass window sat seven thrones. Gluttony, Envy, Greed, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Lust. In each sat someone save only Pride's right hand. Wrath.

The world order having been toppled Mixt created a new order, one in which darkness reigned in a very literal sense. Gluttony to oversee the food supply; Envy to oversee the judicial system; Greed to oversee the riches; Wrath to oversee the military; Sloth to oversee news; Lust to oversee health; and Pride to oversee them all. He assigned himself to the seat of Pride of course, and appointed the remaining positions. The only seat left open was Wrath. He could not assign this position to just anyone. Were Wrath to call a coop, it could be enough to remove him from this new position of power. No. Wrath was a position that must be earned.

“Sloth!†cracked the voice of the man seated in the center throne of Pride “The time has come. Call together warriors for a tournament. For the winner the reward will be their heart's desire and a seat on the throne of Wrathâ€

And with that the struggle began. Some sought fame, some power, some for leverage to overthrow Mixt, and some for an agenda all their own. Who will come out victorious? And when all is said and done will they still want what they set out for?

~~Rules of the RP~~
    These are rules for you as the user and must not be broken while you are RPing.
    1. Follow all rules of KHV and the RP arena.
    2. Limited godmod/powerplay. People have varying definitions on this so I'll just be blunt on what I mean. This maybe a fight for dominance, but you must always have a reasonable weakness. Even after accepting your character I reserve the right to have you change, replace, or remove your character if later deemed unfit.
    3. Keep IC separate from OOC. If you feel that you are being treated unfairly by anyone from this RP and were not able to reconcile it with them, alert me so I can mediate.
    4. Always give others a chance to respond. I know this forces somewhat shorter posts, there is a reason that this is not in the Extended Section. Please try to make at least make semi-detailed posts.
    5. Each Player is only allowed one competing character (This is to prevent you from fighting yourself) and one seated character (due to limited supply).
    6. You may use themes from where ever you like. (Those that have seen me RP as Mixt know he uses alchemy) But all characters must be original.
    7. Additional rules may be added later
    ~~Tournament Rules~~
    Failure to follow these will not effect you as a user, but your character will suffer consequences.
    1. You will be judged by a panel of three people (OOC) on offensive, defensive, realism, style, and efficiency.
    2. Special enchantments will prevent death and teleport you out of the arena during a match, go all out.
    3. If your opponent does not post in 24 hours you may post another move. Three consecutive instances or seven in one match and the match is over and will be judged with a penalty to the inactive party.
    4. Don't interfere in other's matches.

Character Forms should be PMed to me. Because of this you should not hold back any information to make your character “mysterious†or the like. I don't care if your character has amnesia and doesn't know it themselves. Put it in the form. If you still feel that info should be excluded then you must explain why in its stead.

If you would like to help judge then say that in a PM as well. You do not have to have a character to judge. A couple members may be asked to be a “stand in judge†in the event that one of the actual judges is in a match.

Name:
    Race: {Human, Nobody, Elf etc.}
    Appearance:
    Weapon: {If Applicable}
    Powers: {If Applicable}
    Strengths: {If Applicable}
    Weaknesses: {If Applicable}
    Side: {Dark, Light, Twilight, etc.}
    Bio:
    Misc: {optional}
    Theme Song: {optional}

2. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    I would like to participate of course but first I need to make my character bio.

3. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    A tournament you say? Sounds like a plan. What sorts of character would you prefer?

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It was a point in my design to allow that to be very open.

In terms of fighting; the universe itself is based off the Kingdom Hearts universe since the Keyblade War RP series has proven to me that it is a very flexible universe to work with. As I said in the opening post, you can use mechanics from where ever you like (or of course make your own). Just try and keep in mind the context of the RP. You want to base a character off of Bleach, that's great. You want to base a character off of Pokemon, that will take more convincing.

As for characters personality; there are two incentives to the tournament, the seat of Wrath and with it control of the military, and the request from Mixt (aka Pride). The first can be for actually filling the seat or using the army against Mixt. The request from Mixt can be virtually anything and provides reason to fight even if the person doesn't want the seat.

Don't feel restrained by the tournament though, I want this RP to have life outside of it. Depending on how things are going at the end I might even continue the RP past the end of the tournament.

5. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Then I'll probably go with something more towards KH style.

6. Love Kingdom Keeper

Ok character Bio sent

7. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Currently rewriting a KH-Based character. Should be well off for this. I take it that this going to operate as a typical roleplaying tournament would?

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Alright, so I've put this off for too long. Obviously no one is going to stumble upon this until we start getting more activity on it, so I'm moving to open the RP soon. But first...

My naive plan to open the RP was to have a ceremony to open the finals which would address all of the contestants specifically. Obviously that won't happen since we don't have a full bracket signed up yet. So I've had three ideas
    1. Have you fight self controlled NPCs as the end of the preliminaries.
    2. Start in the downtime between preliminaries and the opening ceremony
    3. Start in the ceremony anyway, but make it more vague.

I think I'll have to make a vague ceremony anyway, but I'm hoping to have more contestants involved in that at least. It becomes a bit of a plothole for a lot of them to just not be involved in it.

9. Love Kingdom Keeper

I think Option 2 will be best honestly

10. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah. I think Option 2 is the best. Though I must admit, it's looking more like a straight RP, than a traditional tournament.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Just because it is a tournament doesn't mean I should short change the plotline.

So, alright I was leaning on option 2 myself. I'll get the running tonight most likely.

12. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

My question is what are we supposed to do with a full out RP when the only real basis for plot advancement is fighting? Are we expected to participate in activities planned out in between the actual combat? If that's not the case, then, a traditional tournament style of operation would be preferable, so long as we could cap off at least four competitors.

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

There will be outside events from time to time, such as the ceremony to open the (semi)finals. But largely I was hoping that character interaction would be a big part of this. I mean there is more to a tournament than what happens in the ring. Make friends and cheer them on. Make enemies and sabotage their match. The RP is really what you make of it. I have some loose plot ideas up my sleeve, but I do this better by ear. Watching how people move in the RP and responding to that. I just don't want this to be an RP where people only post because their match is up.

14. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

If it was in the scope of a larger RP, I'd agree with you completely on that. But it seems superfluous when it's on the grounds of a stand-alone tournament.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Like I said earlier, this RP may go on past the tournament and evolve into a larger RP. Or it could degrade into just a string of matches. I'm okay either way (although I'm rooting for the former).

The RP will end when I feel like it is complete. That can be when the tournament and accompanying events are over, or it could be long after that.

I've started the RP.

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?115711-A-Nation-s-Wrath

16. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Either way then, I intend to pull my character as soon as the tournament comes to a close.

Will the character sheets all be made public at some point? It'd be mighty fine to understand what we're all looking at as far as competition.

17. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Your call. We'll figure something out for that. I hope it becomes enjoyable enough that you would want to remain in it, but if at any point you want out I can't stop you.

I'm not going to forbid people from sharing their character sheet but I figured it was more realistic to not have them. If I do release stuff myself it would be along the lines of physical appearance and basic personality. The stuff you could find out in five minutes of being with a person.

18. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Save that that's of no use in a battle. I'd rather have the confidence of knowing what to expect from a character in their combative abilities.

19. Mixt The dude that does the thing

But isn't information you would have in a real tournament. Try to think in universe. For instance once we decide who your opponent will be you could learn your opponent before your match with a duel, if they were to accept. If they want to share info OOC, I won't stop anyone, but there was reason for me taking apps through PM.

20. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

That's true. But we, the RPers, aren't directly engaged against one another. There's that fourth wall that separates us from our characters, where even if we as the RPers know what our opponents' characters are capable of it would be against the rules to play through as though our characters already know everything about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.