Community The KH-Vids.net MEP 2012

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Stardust, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    Feel free to shoot any of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to Guardian Soul |Send a message to Stardust | Send a message to What?

Hey guys! Yup, that's right, we're back with another KH-Vids.net MEP for 2012. After the huge success of this community project last year, we couldn't wait to get it up and running for you guys again -- so thanks for all of the support, and here's to another great MEP!

So some of you might be wondering, what exactly is this 'KH-Vids.net MEP'? Well I'm glad you asked! Take a look below to read all about it!

Information:
    Written by project coordinator Guardian Soul

What is an MEP?
    MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13.

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.

- General Rules -

- Two of our lovely staff members, Stardust and What, will be helping me coordinate this project. Their words shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer or the infraction chisel*shot*

- Please DO NOT POST YOUR SONG CHOICES HERE!! You will be posting them in the second phase thread; this thread is just for sign-ups.

- Song changes this year will be limited to TWO CHANGES PER PERSON, so pick your song wisely.

- It's not a rule per se, but please keep in mind that this isn't a race: you'll have plenty of time to put your part together, so don't feel like you have to turn in anything right off the bat! We want you guys to turn in parts you're really happy with.

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.

===

If you are interested in joining, please post below so we can gauge interest and determine the time limit for parts =].
    List of Participants:​

+Droid
    +Korosu
    +chessplayerjames
    +♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠
    +Knightshade
    +Okabe Rintarou
    +Hayabusa
    +Leblonk
    +Anti ☢ Sora
    +Saxima
    +Wingly
    +starlight2011studios
    +Ienzo
    +lillovedoctor
    +Dawn
    +Hayato
    +TitanTX
    +MovingOnMjrn
    +Cloudrunner62
    +muff monkey
    +darkhorseD

2. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm in. Probably provide the Disney part.

3. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I'm in. I'll need help with file converting, though..

4. chessplayerjames Destiny Islands Resident

I'm in, if we can wait until July to start, that is (have school to finish up!). Looks like fun :)

5. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Zhe Axelrific Family member number 13 reporting for duty!​

6. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

I'll join in :D

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Count me in again, was fun last year.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Signed up.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'd love to join in, but my computer that has Vegas and all my clips is broken at the moment.

If I can get it fixed in time, I'll be in for sure~

10. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

I would like to participate. How short is short? (30 seconds? 2 minutes?)

11. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Last year each participants part was 45 seconds long.​

12. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

thank you!

13. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Don't worry. The second phase won't start until next week most likely.

The time limit for tracks will be determined once we find out how many people are interested in participating. Last year the time limit for each track was around 45 seconds. Although we weren't very strict with it since we let a few people go over the limit if it wasn't too much.

14. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

I Can ASSURE you it wont be more than 50-60 secondsBTW: I AM 110% IN!I am absolutely sure i will be able to make mine!

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I may be able to join this year, I regretted not doing so last year.

Unfortunately, I haven't done any video editing for a long time, I may be quite rusty.

16. Hayabusa Venomous

Aye, I know that. I know I'm rusty. Maybe if I knew more people wanted more vids I'd be more motivated...

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I am so in. I've been thinking about what song to use and how for the past few months for this. Volunteering won't keep me from this

18. starlight2011studios Merlin's Housekeeper

19. TitanTX Destiny Islands Resident

Still a bit indecisive of this. When is the closing date for applicants. Please do let me know. I use final cut pro X and know a bit of after effects as well. If you look i would have a video up, some of you may have seen it, some of you haven't. Its all done in 3d. If anyone needs conversion help, let me know that as well. Cause I have a good program to do that. Anyone heard of FLVCrunch. Small, but powerful. ;). It sounds like fun though,will give it some serious thought as if to enter or not, but i would need a closing date for applicants. Thanks.

20. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Woo! My body is ready! I am so in, I enjoyed it last time and I really need more motivation to get better at video editting O.o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.