Community The KH-Vids.net MEP 2012

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Stardust, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillovedoctor

I think I wanna join... Anything to give me some motivation and inspiration to edit

2. Dawn King's Apprentice

I'll join. If anyone has Sony Vegas Platinum, I would greatly appreciate some tips.

3. Stardust Chaser

List updated. Let me know if I missed anyone; I didn't add anyone who was sitting at a maybe so be sure to come back and confirm your participation if you said you weren't sure.

Mmk, just let us know, I'll hold off from putting you on the list until I know for sure but I'll be happy to add you if you get your computer fixed.

It really depends on how fast we get applicants, but last year we started sign-ups on the same day (June 26) and closed it and started the submission thread on July 10th, so I would expect around that time.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Thanks Star. I really have been meaning to get it fixed for some time.

I used to be stuck with Platinum. If you need any help, you can always just shoot me a VM or PM.

5. Jin うごかないで

IF there are any spots available I can join.

EDIT; Okay i read the first page, I'm definitely IN just, i need to verify a few things. Are we using different songs to each other?

6. TitanTX Destiny Islands Resident

After due consideration, I am IN. This would be a first for me. So any help would be appreciated. ;)

7. Dawn King's Apprentice

Thanks Ienzo.

8. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

I might be able to do something but I'm not promising anything.

A few questions though.
    1. Is there anyway idea what date the MEP parts need to be done by?
    2. Would whoever be able to upload their part to youtube or would it have to be mediafire or something?

9. Jin うごかないで

I don't think we know yet, this is just a sign up thread (as said on the front page)

10. MovingOnMjrn Merlin's Housekeeper

Ironically, I just started a new gmv! I'd love to join you guys, but there's just one thing.... My video is of The World Ends With You (and some 3D clips of the TWEWY characters). Is that allowed? They are in KH now...

Anyway, if my video's allowed, I'd be more than happy to join. Sign me right up:) I can't wait to see just what everyone comes up with!

11. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

I'd like to join in this little venture. Um, question though, can we use a part from one of our already finished videos if we feel its epic enough. I already have a clip for another MEP that went belly up so if not, I'll use that.

12. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

So....

When can we Start?
    How long can it be?
    Where can i find good Disney Footage?!?

13. Stardust Chaser

Yes, everyone will be choosing their songs in the next phase of the project.

1. It depends on how many participants we end up with, but last year the editing phase started on July 10th and parts were due on August 12.
    2. It would have to be on MediaFire or an equivalent host.

As long as the quality of the footage is good, then we're A-OK with The World Ends with You footage -- do you have an example of what your footage looks like? As for using a video that you've already started, that's fine but just keep in mind that song choices will begin in the second phase and if someone gets to the thread and calls dibs on the song before you do, you'll have to find a new song to work with. Additionally, you'll have to trim or lengthen it if it doesn't end up meeting the time requirements.

I'm fine with that, but just keep in mind that this thread is only for sign-ups and not for picking songs, so if you have a part ahead of time like that there's a possibility someone else will snag your song in Phase II. If someone does, you'll have to find a new song. You also might need to shorten or lengthen your part depending on what the time limit ends up being.

I recommend you don't start until sign-ups are over, so that your song doesn't get taken by someone else when song choices are made.
    We don't know yet, it's entirely dependent on how many people we get.
    You might want to ask in the Cutscene/Footage Request Thread if you're looking for footage =].

14. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

15. MovingOnMjrn Merlin's Housekeeper

@Stardust Thank you for allowing me to use TWEWY footage ^_^ How would you like me to go about showing you my clips' quality? Should I post some of it on mediafire and link it here or something?

Anyway, thanks again! I'll be keeping my eye open for the song selection thread. Any idea how long it'll be until it's posted?

16. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I don't see what reasons he could bring up for not wanting to use Mediafire. It's a pretty reliable site and I haven't heard of many people having a problem with it. I do have Ubuntu installed on my laptop though so we might be able to get Ubuntu One to work. If, for some reason, we aren't able to though, I suggest talking with your dad about using Mediafire.

You could link it here. By the way, what's the resolution of your video and framerate? I'm kind of worried that the resolution would be too low and we would have to upscale the footage which would reduce the quality of it.

17. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

Thanks! I'll talk to him!

18. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

well it looks like i won't be able to participate sorry (thus the reason i said " but I'm not promising anything") i'd love to but a few things came up so... yeah. once again sorry. still you can bet i'll watch it when the MEP is finished. hopefully next year i'll be able to participate.

19. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

can you guys post the new thread by july 26th?

MY vacation ends on the 30th

20. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

definitelyyyy want to join in this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.