What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Cia, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Whether it may be comics, manga, novels, plays, wtf EVER. List them, describe them, tell us about them. And yes, that means explaining why you like it.

I'm.. reading like 12 books at the same time or something. 99.9% are manga. :3

Vampire Knight - >| EVERYONE should know what this is about. I LOVE the art. It's just amazing. It's far better than the anime art, which is a bit of a surprise, in my opinion. And of course the story line is interesting, plus I like the concept of vampires going to night school for some reason.

After School Nightmare - There are 7 volumes out so far and I find it really interesting. It's about this boy who's half girl, lol. He goes to these after school classes on Thursdays... or Wednesdays, I can't remember, and he and this other classmates fall asleep in separate cloaked beds and they all share the same nightmare. In the game-like dream, the participants must find the key to the gate that allows them to "graduate". The key is always hidden in one of the classmates bodies, so the have to attack and kill each other in the dream to get it!
    So yes, like I said, I find it interesting and it's sorta shounen-ai (light boy on boy), too. I also like the drama. X3

God Child - : This one is fairly popular. Obviously, my favorite character so far is Cain and Jizabel (Cain's older half brother). The art is good (the art has to be good or else I won't read it, unfortunately), and the story is very interesting. Cain's father is out to get him with his cult, Delilah. Cain has to solve these murder mysteries and find out more information on the evil cult and kill his father before his father kills him!! *bwuuaaahhh* (<- me trying to sound scary)

Ouran High School Host Club - Everyone knows this series. If you don't, then you have to be manga deprived or something. Too lazy to type out info so wiki strikes again: (桜蘭高校ホスト部(クラブ), Ōran Kōkō Hosuto Kurabu?) is a manga series by Bisco Hatori, serialized in Hakusensha's LaLa magazine since August 5, 2003. The series follows Haruhi Fujioka, a scholarship student at Ouran High School, and the other members of the titular host club. The screwball romantic comedy focuses on the relationships within and without the Club and satirizes the clichés and stereotypes that endure in series aimed at girls. The manga has been adapted into a series of audio dramas, an animated television series directed by Takuya Igarashi and produced by Bones, and a visual novel by Idea Factory.
    Why I like: Because of the characters. I think my favorite has to either be Tamaki, the twins, Haruhi, or Hunni. >/ It's tough to choose. I also love how they have such a tight bond towards the latest volumes. (: It warms hearts.

Shugo Chara - I just think it's really cute. lol It's for ages 13+ X3;
    My favorite character is the cat guy 'cause he's the hottie of the bunch, lolo. Besides, his character egg is like SO CUTE. *w* I recommend for the wee little ones. :3
    wiki: The story is about an elementary school girl named Amu Hinamori whose "cool and spicy" exterior belies her introverted personality. But when Amu wishes for the courage to be reborn as her "would-be self", she is surprised to find three colorful eggs the next morning, which give birth to three Guardian Characters: Ran, Miki, and Suu.

Zombie-Loan - S'about these two dead guys that switch physical hands to fight zombies to pay off their debt and become the living with this chick who lets everyone boss her around but she's human (at least for now). Tada, summary in a nutshell.
    What I like: 1. The story line 2. The characters 3. The art 4. The LOL dialogue
    What I don't like: 1. The continuation of this series is a little if-y. I think the author went on a hiatus to finish some of his/her other mangas. :I Even so, I'd definitely take it upon myself to "acquire" maybe some sort of translation of the Japanese volumes (which I never do).
    Oh yeah, this manga's for OT - Older Teens. *BE WARNED, BOO WAAAHH~*

Hana Kimi - :3 Just kidding. I actually finished this one recently FINALLY. After about 23 volumes. @_@ I'm such a trooper. I'm not really into those really long series. I try to keep my addictions short.

Princess Princess -
    What it's about: Princess Princess is a story revolving around the lives of three boys chosen to dress up as girls at the all-boy school they attend, which also just happens to be the most elite school in the area. The main protagonist, Toru Kouno, has just transferred to a new all-boys school, Fujimori, after living with his uncle for a time. He is one such boy chosen to be one of the Hime (姫, Hime?) or "Princesses", which is a tradition at the school in order to break up the monotony of life surrounded by nothing but males. Students (based on certain qualifications) are selected to be Princesses and are made to dress up as girls and attend school functions like this.
    O_O There's been just about everything with this popular series. There are only 5 volumes so it's a quick read but obviously good. XD; There's been a game (surprisingly), and a live action drama based of Princess Princess, too. :I Go figure.
    Things I LOVE: THE ART is AMAZING.
    :'D I honestly can't find ONE thing wrong with it. Flawless. X3 I also love the story line and ALL the characters. :]

School Days - Again, I just finished this one. :3 I won't go into it.

High School Debut - I don't really know why I'm reading it. Just bored, I guess. It's entertaining. It's about this girl who seeks out the help from this really popular boy about getting a boyfriend. I think she'll end up falling in love with her "coach". :I mmm shoujo-y.
    Wiki: (高校デビュー, Kōkō Debyū?, also known as Koukou Debut) is an ongoing shōjo romantic comedy manga by Kazune Kawahara. It is published in Japan by Shueisha in Bessatsu Margaret and collected in 11 tankobon volumes as of April 2008. It is licensed in North America by Viz Media, with three volumes published as of May 2008. The series follows the relationship between Haruna Nagashima, an enthusiastic former softball star, and Yoh Komiyama, the cool boy she convinces to coach her in romance.

OMFG, A NOVEL, WHERE?!
    here v
    The Host - I've haven't even touched the rest of the first chapter yet. Stephenie Meyer wrote it and it's her first book meant for adults. :/
    wiki: The Host is a science fiction/romance novel by Stephenie Meyer, the author of the Twilight series. The Host introduces an alien race called "souls" who take over Earth and its inhabitants, and describes one soul's predicament when her host body refuses to cooperate with her takeover.

|: And I swear to god, I will get into Wallflower if it's the last manga I ever touch.

B| SO NOW, YOU GO. AND LIST. AND EXPLAIN.

2. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Ooo~ I like this! ^_^-

The Gothic Tales of the Marquis de Sade
    I think most of us are familiar with Marquis de Sade, as he's suddenly become quite famous ever since we found out that Larxene was reading one of his books in the CoM Manga. Well, This is a really pwnsome book by Sade, and the stories are rather intriguing. I honestly think that his works and books are misjudged by what wikipedia might say about them. It contains nothing of the explicit things it is said to have, but it is only mentioned in the most vague way possible. However, even if that's the fact, I still would not recommend children reading his books, as a certain maturity is needed to understand his works. Again, I must say that it contains NOTHING of the explicit things it is said to have. We have to understand what century the books were written in, and what was considered explicit back then compared to now . . . it's the IDEA that was considered explicit, not what was written in it. Yes, it's disturbing, but it's also a part of the world. 8D Now, I liked the stories in the book, as there are eight different stories in here, and each are unique and beautiful. I would recommend them to anyone over at least 16 years of age, or to those who believe that they've the maturity to handle such IDEAS presented in the book.

The Vampire Chronicles::: "The Vampire Lestat"
    Ah, I'm reading this book for the 12th time I think... :sideways: C'mon now, it's vampires... you gotta love vampires, right? And yes, it's a novel. The Vampire Lestat [book #2] is my favorite out of the ten books the series contains. It's such an amazing story of the vampire Lestat, that it literally makes you fall in love with the characters. The emotions are so raw and realistic that you can't put the book down. Absolutely amazing. If you've watched the movie Interview With The Vampire, then it's the character Lestat that's telling the story now, and from his point of view... and you'll find that he's not really the bed guy after all, but rather the HERO of the story. ;) The book is really complex as the events that take place in it are accurate, and I mean historically accurate. It's really awesome if you think about it. The way Rice has written her books in this series, you'd actually think that all that is happening in the story is real, and for a second or so, become totally delusional about what's reality and what's fiction. I DEFINITELY recommend this to everyone... but again, it's not suitable for children under 17. And I think that I can safely say that even children at the age of 17 would find it rather boring, so it's safe from the hands of those who are actually young. If you pay a little attention, the text is not hard to understand and the stories are amazing. Read it, and read it all. ;)

Blue Bloods
    Another vampire series. So far, there are two books and the third one is on its way [though it'll be a while before it's actually out T_T]. Another novel, and it's a good one too. It's made for teens and the story is just mind-blowing. It takes place in HS so expect some teenage drama, but not that much. It's a lovely little story with characters at around our age, so what they say will make sense, unlike the Vampire Chronicles. The story is really intense and it takes the origin of the vampires to a whole new level and literally a whole new complex plot. Everything is so twisted in there that just when you think it's over, it's not. Read it and find out for yourselves. You won't be disappointed! <33

Vampire Kisses
    OH EM GEE, another vampire book [novel]... yes I know... but this is also just as good as the others. The series has five books so far, as the fifth one was just released last month. Again, it's about teens and HS things. So I know you'll enjoy it. I like because the story is intriguing and it has a classic feel of a vampire, and the teenage stupidity makes it all the better. It's a cute, teen, romantic story so it's enjoyable to those who look for cutesy stuff in vampire books. Find them in your local library.

"Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" and "xxxHOLiC"
    I was SO depressed when the animé series was cut. Oh, the humanity!! So I started to read the manga, and it's SO much better than the animé. Cute, cute story... romance yes, and the action is also shemxy. And not to mention the guys in there are HAWT. xDD The plot twists really make it interesting and the bloody scenes make me happy. @_@

And those who already know the series, know about the crossover of xxxHOLiC. It's such a good manga by itself. It has a moral to every chapter/event and has a point of view about life in such unique ways, that it's actually true. It's good stuff. Has magic and pertains to life... what else do I need?

Trinity Blood
    Will I EVER shut up about vampires?? xDD Probably not. I <3 vamps. Well the manga is just pwnsome, very detailed than the animé. The story... well its good and complex, but I don't really know why I like the series. I just do. I guess I never really thought about why I liked it. =/

3. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

Run- Eric Walters: A really interesting book, with Terry Fox in it ( an inspiration to me ) showing how he raises things and the life of Terry and the young main character.... Currently..I'm still reading it.

4. Asylum Destiny Islands Resident

I'm reading Shabanu by Suzanne Fisher Staples.
    In the beginning it was pretty boring, just discussing camels and such but now I'm on a chapter that's really getting my attention.

5. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

Watership Down: Essentially, it's about rabbits, death, suffering, and communism. And there's a whole bunch of fake words in there that are way too hard to pronounce.

My reception to it: It SUCKED!!!

6. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Star Wars comic based off the popular RPG series of the same name. It's about a Jedi named Zayne and it features characters from the games.

Star Wars: Legacy- It's about the future, after Luke dies and the Sith take over...again x__x

Star Wars: Dark Times- It's about the time right after episode three and it follows a crew of smuglers on thier adventures.

Star Wars: Vector- Cross over between all of the above and Rebelion(I don't read Rebellion)

Amazing Spiderman- Must I really explain this?

Full Metal Alchemist- The manga>anime. I've read all 16 volumes and 17 comes out in october(LONG ASS WAIT) But I'm reading the chapters that aren't out yet online.

Bleach- I read it every now and then. T'is about a young orange haired child and his adventures as a soul reaper and all that shiz.

7. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Harry Potter series - No need to explain.

Then i'll be workin' through the Complete Sherlock Homles.

8. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Fullmetal Alchemist - BOOO. WAITING TILL OCTOBER FOR VOLUME 17.

Keys to the Kingdom - I like this series quite a bit. It's about a kid named Arthur, and his adventures in a crazy house. The house is made out of nothing, and it's filled with immortal beings called Denizens. These people have ignored the rules of the House they inhabit, using magical Keys (lulkeyblade) and Arthur's gotta set it right.

Pendragon - Stupid author and his stupid cliffhangers. This is about a kid named Bobby Pendragon, and his adventures through time and space.

Death Note - .... I think we all know about Death Note by now.

Bleach - Most people know about Bleach too. ._.

9. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Ok so, Wallflower ended up sucking and totally boring me. I'm now reading xxxHolic. I haven't finished the first chapter yet but I think the art is pretty awesome. I also like the chick in the odd house, if you know who I'm talking about. Her personality is cool.

10. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I can give you a link that will let you read chapters 66 to like 80 something of FMA if you want.

11. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Nah. As much as I hate waiting, I like to have the book in my hands when I read. >:

Besides, with my Mom's Barnes & Nobles membership card, I can reserve it early. :D

12. Shuhbooty moon child

InkSpell- It's a fantasy series, book 2 of three. It's about a girl named Meggie whose obsessed with a book called Inkheart, a magical world filled with fairies forests Kings Queens and whatnot. As her special gift for like reading tings out of books and what not. (Her father also has this gift) So the thing is, she reads her shelf in the book, along with a guy named Farid (love action >3) so yeah, that's all I got right now...

Vampire Knight- Omg, this series just makes me wanna scream because it's go awesome. All the hot juicy vampires... But anyways it's like this Kiryu because a vampire and..that's all I've read so far! .... no comment

A Series of Unfortunate Events- After watching the movie a few years ago, I thought it would be nice to read the book. (Yes we all know books are better then the movies) The Baudelaire orphans go under frightening events after they are taken away by there 'uncle' Count Olaf who, is after there fortune there parents left behind after there death.

Harry Potter- ...I always told myself I'd never read these books. Well now I'm forced too because the ending of the series where spoiled for me. And my cousin is forcing me to read them.. >.> <.<
    And I'm very horrified to find out what happens if I don't talk about what I've read... <_>

Fruits Basket- As Torhu becomes involved with the Sohma family, fortunate enongh to because animals of the Chinese Zodiac, living a wonderful life. Till Akito finds away to ruin her life. :/

There are other books I'm reading but like... I can't member what they are, and I'm really to lazy to get up and fetch them.

13. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

A Raisin in the Sun ehh it's okay I'm not in love with it, it's for my stupid English class

Runner same as above

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox Almost at the end ^.^ it's so awesome part of the Artemis Fowl series I'd highly recommend! It's about a genious boy that gets involved with mythical creatures

Eclipse with the amount of people that love this series I don't think I should bother to explain

Disgaea 2 it's about the Netherworld heh Demons and such really amazing manga

14. Sexy Sheva Banned

Alone
    -This story is about a sheriff that finds himself in a little jam after one night being called out on duty in the middle of the night. He is to rescue a woman and her child from an abusive husband. He finds himself either taking a life, or watching through the scope of his sniper, an abusive man take the lives of a woman and child.

15. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

Wow there are some really good books that you guys are reading. I'm about to satrt a new series called Twilight I believe. It's about vampires. My mom said it was really good. In fact I think there's a thread about it somewhere.

16. Mielé Banned

the Da Vinci Code xDD

It's actually a better book than I thought o3o

17. Shuhbooty moon child

Omg I just got done reading the Twilight series again. xD

The Artemis Fowl Series Uh, Still with in book one. I read the second on by accident. Didn't know what one was first till I saw the site. xD

18. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I preorder the last twilight book :V

I finished InuYasha

Im reading Hamlet

Im Reading Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

19. SplitOverload Chaser

I just read Genius Squad =[

I horrible i no i sowie

20. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

Needful Things. It's awesome. I'll probably be done reading it tomorrow or the next day =D