Is True Love Real?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Peace and War, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

True Love to me can't be real since if for say your true loved one dies or leaves you and you love again it can not be a real true love you have.
    I would like to see how many people agree with me or disagree (Which I bet is going to be loads :rolleyes: )

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I think i remember another thread like this before.....

Anyway, I think it may exist but we have no way of knowing if it is true love or not. Unless you go through your whole life and then compare all of your 'loves' there's no real way of knowing.

3. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Deja Vu indeed.

I don't think true love exists. Any connection two people feel when they first meet is based solely on hormonal, sexual attraction, or another form of infatuation. I think love love is learnt throughout the course of a relationship/bond. Even a mother, in my opinion, learns to love her child based on the connection shared during pregnancy. I also think it naive to believe that "love conquers all".

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

True love to me is more of a fabrication. But it's another eye of the beholder issue.

Just like any committment, it is in your hands to make it work. Because of this, there is no standard to what constitutes a great relationship or what a possible 'true love' is. What you may call the 'perfect' individual or the 'perfect' relationship only reflects your personal opinion, and may not match--or can be any more accurate--than that of your neighbour's.

Just how someone can't tell you if what you feel is love or not, true love is no different. Emotions/feelings are void of reason and thus can't be judged by such means.

5. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Meh. I believe in true love, yes.

But I don't believe in 'one true love'. That's just....no way.

6. Roxas OG

You stole the words right out of my mouth, man.

I completely agree with Darky here...

7. Eclipse Hollow Bastion Committee

First of all this is what true love is from what this source it is.So read this pretty long thing first lol,than comment on is it real or not.I personally believe in it,but as D mentioned it,one true love isnt real.

Ego loves to think, and thinks to love, but never really loves. Love is the union of the self with the Real Self, and only that love is really fulfilling. All other love is born out of the mind mated with ego. Mind connected with ego can only create problems, and all love born out of the mind is always problematic.

Our soul mate is the Supreme Self, the Supreme Being. Our true lover and beloved is not fashioned of flesh and bones. To know our True Love we need to be in Love. Being in love has nothing to do with being in our feelings and emotions. Feelings and emotions are fluctuations of the mind. The presence of love is not proved by mental waves that come and go. Riding the waves of the mind is not an act of love. Giving up our ego is an act of love.

Giving up our ego is something we need to do everyday. Giving up our ego means getting a grip on our mind and doing something useful with it. We should never get used to listening to our ego, because it will make us weak and can eventually make us mentally crippled.

When we listen to our ego we follow our feelings and emotions. Going up and down with our feelings and emotions will make us feel useless, inadequate, and empty. False feelings create more false feelings, because feelings are failings. All feelings born out of the mind will always fail us. Feelings born out of the mind can never bring lasting fulfillment.

We need to bring our mind around to the Truth. The Truth is that we are in Love now and forever. We have always been in Love and will always be in Love because Love is our Essence. This Love is not a feeling; Love is life itself. If we are living, we are in Love, so we should be loving. If we are not loving, we are not really living, we are just existing.

Love is the experience of our True Self. Love is our True Nature. Being ourselves means to love, it means to be loving. To be loving we have to bypass our ego. We should never take the ego route, and if by mistake we find ourselves on the wrong road we need to get back on the right one. The right path is the path within. All other paths lead to dead ends.

True Love has nothing to do with self-involvement. The ‘path within’ is not a New Age buzzword; it is simply a reminder that we need to do our own homework It is a reminder that we need to work on ourselves in order to realize our full potential, and our ‘full potential’ is to experience the Highest Love.

The greatest love is the love which is born of our Higher Nature. It comes from our Spirit Self. It has nothing to do with our nationality, age, sex, academic credentials, vocation, family background, etc. The things we associate with our physical body and mind are not connected with our Real Self and therefore have nothing to do with Real Love. Real Love is universal and limitless, and when we experience that limitless love we are fulfilled.

When we are full of Love we can share that Love with others. We cannot share what we do not have. If we are waiting to be loved, or wishing to love, or wondering why we are not in love, then we are in our ego. To experience the core of our being, our Essence, we need to get our ego out of the way.

All emotional issues are born out of ego. If we don’t want any emotional issues then we should not get in bed with our ego. If we are married to our ego we will never find any peace.

Ego will always be there so long as we have a mind and body. But we need to keep our boundaries. That’s easy if we make our mind a sage, because a saintly mind is never prone to sin (bad karma or wrong action). The mind becomes saintly only when it is purified with divine wisdom and spiritual practices, such as meditation. The mind becomes fit for meditation only after it is purified, and the mind can never be purified so long as our actions are impure.

Our actions are pure only when they are infused with the spirit of divine love. That spirit is completely detached from the selfishness of ego. True love emanates from the Spirit Self, it does not come from the mind. When that Pure Love flows through the purified mind our life is filled with grace and beauty. Our life is beautiful when we surrender to the power of God. The ‘power of God’ means the grace of divine Love.

The Spirit Self is always graceful and ego is always awkward. The spirit of Love makes us feel awe-inspired, and ego makes us feel like a jerk. We don’t have to spend any time at all in our ego if we fill our mind with divine wisdom. Wisdom clears the mind of all nonsense. Wisdom establishes boundaries in the mind which guard and protect the mind from being terrorized by ego. Wisdom makes the mind immune to negativity. Ego cannot take root in the mind that has been purified by divine wisdom.

Ego takes root in the mind by the formation of images. Our images prevent us from feeling the love of the Divine. Our images prevent us from having the clear perception of our real nature, our spirit nature. Images block love. Images stop the flow good energy. Images make our life damned. This self-damnation is the result of ego and ignorance. Wisdom will break down the dams; wisdom removes our ignorance, dissolves our images, and removes the ego from the mind.

We can never be happy until we experience the pure, selfless love. There is no other meaningful experience in life. All of our relationships, activities, insights and experiences are meaningless if that Love is absent. But the truth is, that Real Love is ever present—it is only the mind that remembers and forgets. When the mind forgets itself (the ego-identity), divine love blossoms in the mind and the fragrance of that love is made manifest by the wisdom that shines like the light of the sun.

The soul-self is the Real Self, and that self is always shining. All we need to do is open our heart and let the Light shine in. Then we will discover the meaning of True Love.

8. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

True Love is real! ^^ very much so, its not instant and its not overnight but it does exist. Takes work true enough and I agree with others that you can have more than one true love.

Hmm love can do so much damage ("falling" in love, like it's an accident, almost expecting to get hurt) and I also don't think the "love conquers all" line is truth.

I do believe in love though, true love that can change things forever. The way you think, the way you act and the way you dream. To think it didn't exist? I would not want to live my life thinking that ^^ the thoughts (and memories) mean too much for me not to believe it exists. IMO

9. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

I think true love definately exsists, Ive found mine :3

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

sure, why not. i dont' think it's all based on hormones. i think the strongest kind of love is between minds, those feelings that can't be conveyed with words

11. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I like that idea and I must say I agree! ^^

12. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

Love takes its time. You get to know somebody. You get to know them more. Soon you get a crush and then you fall in love.
    True love, yes, if you have been around the person for a certain time, but you cant say its true love when you have just met the person.
    One true love, Maybe. It depends on how you look at it. If you have been around the person for a long time, it might be possible. But love is everywhere. You love your friends, you love your family. So there cant really be one true love.

It all depends on what your heart says. Hormones Can happen but like EvilMan_89 said, Love isn't really based around Hormones.

And don't ask me why i know all this, i haven't even been in love!

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Just saying this now. If you take everything you know about love that you have learnt through your life (either through experience or told by someone) than well, you feel love you think of it as only feel, a pain inside yourself you, you start to lose your breath, you sweat (more than usual), your heart races and so on and so forth. Then all you try to do is bury the feeling within yourself so you will never feel 'love' in your life and only think of it as a problem.

14. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Well put. I've never realy experienced love, so I don't know how to explain it. I think Jordier0xsx0 and Peace and War have it sumed up. xD

15. Thir13en King's Apprentice

Call me shallow but there really is now true love anywhere. Lust, money, and power are the cause of this

16. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I don't think that makes you shallow, I find it sad instead that you think that :(

17. ♥ M e w I c h i g o ♥ Twilight Town Denizen

I definetely beleive in true love. Of course, the whole thing about somebody "being in love" with someone and then loving someone else a while later is... complicated, but here's what I think of it: I think that there are people that you just think you love, then one day you find "the one". Cheesey, I know. :3

18. Spike H E R O

You know,I used to believe in true love,but I,m not so sure anymore.I guess I've given up on love.Or at least,I don't believe in love for me.

19. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

You know I sometimes think like that, think that maybe some people are just meant to be alone, but if you look at it with that attitude then you'll miss it when it happens! *hugs* dont ever give up on anything! ^^

20. Spike H E R O

I'm probably just being melodramatic.My girlfriend and I got into a fight earlier,and damn,we can say the most hurtful things.I'm shattered.Really.