Is True Love Real?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Peace and War, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Wabba Twilight Town Denizen

Hormones do not equate to "true love"; thats called infatuation. True love is when you unconditionally care about someone over yourself, regardless of circumstance. It does exist, Ive experienced it, and I can only hope that the rest of you come to know this feeling.

2. Thir13en King's Apprentice

I really wish there was something there was something like true love, i really do. But I think what I said before is true. It's just the way I've seen it. My sister being dumped at the beginning of the summer before college because her boyfriend didn't want to think that much of my sister when he dated other girls. That was just low to me and pretty much everyone.

Lucky you. No really, you're lucky

3. Pumpkin King12 Destiny Islands Resident

Hm... It certainly does exist, and the way Wabba just explained it was very accurate.. And for those who have yet to experience this feeling, I feel deeply sorry for you and hope that someday you will find someone who truly makes you feel this way...

4. The Great Gatz Chaser

I know it does and I've found mine too. *Points at sig*

I wonder who that person is? Hmmm? L3

Btw cool sig Pumpkin King12

5. Ranger_vega87 Traverse Town Homebody

I believe it does exist, and I found mine but sadly I lost her. Someone once told me that the only true love is lost love, I learned that the hard way. Like Axel said in KH2, "if theres something you want don't wait go for it, its one of lifes rules.":(

6. Gravity Chaser

True love is definately real, though as people have said, there's no such thing as a 'one true love.'

It's become increasingly rare these days, which is sad...but it's a beautiful thing, after all.

7. Spike H E R O

I'm all for that one,man.

8. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I am a strong beliver true of love.

9. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Your true love is someone you cannot live without. So if your true love dies and you commit suicide, then you're probably a little crazy. If you're never happy again, that's more reasonable. If you go off and hook up with someone else, then you have not found your true love.

10. Yami*no*Hime Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't know if i believe in true love. I have never felt "true love", so how sould i know if it is real.

11. Kairi_and_sora_forever Destiny Islands Resident

not for everyone some people believe in it and find it others like me dont and they no the will never find it and no its not real

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If you have been in 'love' before and believe that the person you 'love' is your true soulmate, comppanion, etc then thats what true 'love is.

13. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    Yes, but theres more than one person out there that you are going to fall in love with. It all comes down to the fact that we're just like animals, we breed... constantly. Who knows, maybe animals have the same feelings. I know my cat loved me (but not in that way).

14. justmeh Merlin's Housekeeper

The feeling of love is essentially a chemical reaction in the brain. That being said, it'd be kinda odd(to me at least) to deny that such a chemical reaction occurs.

Have I felt such a feeling? Yeap.

Did she feel the same way back? Yep.

Do I feel that way anymore? LOL Definitely not.

Now then, does the fact that I don't feel the same way anymore mean that I never felt that way at all? Does it make the way I felt any less valid then it was when I felt it? If I had come here and posted saying that I love her and I'm still with her would that have made my feelings anymore legitimate?

There, I have some questions for whoever posts next.

15. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

Love is love no matter what, using words can't describe it. True love? If the one you love dies then its time for anew. But the love you had with that person will never fade away.

16. Repliku Chaser

I tend to find anything that says 'true' in it with another word is just an exaggerated thing to try to say it is 'absolute'. I believe in 'love' and spiritual bonding that can take place between some people you are close to such as family, close friends and a lover. I don't believe though that 'true love' is the right words for it really. I tend to consider it more 'unconditional love' because sometimes you do leave these people or whatever but you still down the road years later remember and hold them in your heart. When you find that special someone though, it is very deep. To lose someone very close to you hurts and I think sometimes people make a mistake of trying to fill that void with someone who 'acts like' the other person. You can never really replace the person lost and so even if someone lost a person deeply close to him or her, down the road they may meet someone else that they also can love deeply and I don't see anything wrong with that. Also, sometimes people can really love someone but know they don't belong together but still even years later miss that. True love seems to be a romanticized invention people hope for where everything is perfect and nothing to me is ever perfect, though that's not to say it's not wonderful while experiencing it. Everything has its ups and downs.

17. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

If you've read Romeo and Juliet, R and J fell in love at the first time of seeing eachother and J killed herself after R died, you shouldn't get too attached to them, love yourself or pay the price, R and J only cared about eachother, not themselves, they got too caught up in Marriage and when R heard that J died, he killed himself, and then so did she, atleast Maria didn't do it in West Side Story. Anyway the point is I agree with the other person somewhere above me, true love is when you find your soul mate but if you get a divorce or something I wouldn't call it True Love, anyway it's up to you whether you want to believe it or not, I think a couple who could last all the way without a argument or breaking up and coming back to eachother again would be a Miracle, maybe True Love, depends how you care for eachother but just remember the morale of R&J, and in two word summary, Everyone dies!, well the main character anyway but I doubt Lady Montague would count as a Main Character, but in a sequal, Old Montague dies of lonliness, and the Capulets die because they have no friends.

18. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I believe that it is possible to find true love, but many people lose their chances :[