Hacking Tutorial

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by JLHack7, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

I am sick of people not trying to hack themselves, so now, I haved developed a tutorial for people to learn to hack, and make their own Action Replay, Codebreaker, and Gameshark codes

It comes in 4 major sections, with the 3rd and 4th being actual PS2 Hacking

The first is the most basic, if you have absolutely no knowledge of hacking in hexidecimal whatsoever, then you should start here

the second is a little more complicated, and people who have some knowledge of hacking should try this, if the first section is too easy

The third section is quite complicated, since the first 2 sections only use halfword where as the third section uses full word (if you don't know what these terms mean, then you might want to start with section 1)

The last section requires an extensive knowledge of MIPS programming, and is not totally necessary to learn, and is very difficult (this section is basically at the level of me, KHKid1212, and Evilman)

-----

First section: Hexidecimal for Beginners
    Required programs: VisualBoyAdvance
    Required Files: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (European) [The US version seems to crash] {PM Me with your e-mail and I'll send you the ROM}
    (and yes I have a GameBoy Advance, and I have the actual cartridge for AW2:BHR)
    There is a version of VBA (Visual Boy Advance) for Mac and Linux too, so don't worry

Also, the European version that I have, seems to accept US version codes, so if you have the US Version of AW2:BHR, then you can use these codes

so anyway, lets start

(Refer to attachment: VBATut1.jpg)
    1: Here's Visual Boy Advance

Now then, when we open up VBA, we see the option, "Tools"
    After clicking on it we see this:
    (Refer to attachment: VBATut2.jpg)

2: We see an option called "Disassemble", for PS2 Hacking, we use a program called PS2Dis, which does that very function, "Disassemble"

In this section, you will learn basic hacking in hexadecimal, via the GameBoy Advance (If you have a CodeBreaker Advance, then you can actually test these codes [if you have an Advance Wars 2 cartridge], but if you have GameShark or Pro Action Replay, you need to find a way to decrypt these codes)

So anyway, start up the ROM

(Refer to attachment: VBATut3.jpg)

3: The first screen you should see is the Language Select Screen (without the 3 obviously)

Also, if you actually want to learn how to play Advance Wars, I suggest getting the ROM for the first game, (which you can PM me for) and going through Field Training Mode (AW2:BHR doesn't have a field training mode, its built into the Campaign Mode, and we don't have time for that)

now then, click on the "Cheats" tab and select "Cheat List"

click on "CodeBreaker" and fill in the description with "M" and the code with
    Code:
    00009E1F 000A
    1006FD98 0007

(Refer to attachment: VBATut4.jpg)
    4: You will probably get an error message like this

Then put in another CodeBreaker code
    call it "Unlock Stuff" and use the code
    Code:
    8202805A FFFF
    42028040 FFFF
    0000000D 0002

and then hit "OK" to continue the game

so anyway, go to Versus Mode, and select "New", and select the map "Little Island"

(Refer to attachment: VBATut5.jpg)
    5: This is the faction of the character, there are 4, Orange Star, Blue Moon, Green Earth, and Yellow Comet
    6: This is the CO (Commanding officer) the strengths and weaknesses of troops depend on the CO you choose (I have Sturm [Sturm is the Xemnas of Advance Wars] on the left, he's the most powerful, because he's a bada** alien, and Colin on the right, because he's the weakest [although he gets more funds and deploys troops at a much lower cost, but he's still a weak little s***]
    7: This represents who is controlling each character (Advance Wars is turn based, so you can just pass the GameBoy to the next person when it's his turn) MAKE SURE THAT BOTH CHARACTERS ARE NOT SET TO Cp (Computer Player) because the computer will control that other character and will give you a LOT of trouble

Unfortunately, I have a 5 attachment limit, so in order to continue, I need someone to post here so I can make another post with the rest of the tutorial

Attached Files:

2. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

You're a saint- this'll lower spam sooooooooo much.

3. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i doubt anyone will try this, ppl are too lazy

4. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I'm gonna take a wack at it.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

good luck, i hope you learn to hack

6. Majik Chaser

true
    fillerzzzzzzz

7. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

UPDAAAAAAAATE!

Hokay so...
    Continuing on

I completely forgot to mention,
    go to
    "Options" -> "Joypad" -> "Configure" -> "1..." to change controls
    ::oops:

So once you've selected the CO's you can hit "A" (from now on I'll be refering to the controls by the button names)

and for options, you can set them like this
    Fog: "Off" Weather: "Clear" Funds: "9500" (means you'll get filthy rich) set "Turn" and "Capture" to off, Power: "On" and Visuals: set it to whatever the hell you want, but I like "Type C"
    and hit "A"

Hokay so you'll come to a screen like this
    (refer to attachment: VBATut6.jpg)

8: This is your HQ, yours may look different depending on the CO you chose (if it gets captured, you lose, the other way to lose is if all your units are destroyed)

(refer to attachment: VBATut7.jpg)

9: These are factories, they allow you to produce ground units, like infantry, tanks, APC's, Rocket Launchers, etc

select the factories and produce 2 APCs (These APCs will be our test subjects *evil grin*)

hit "Select" and choose "End"
    now it is the other CO's turn, so do the same thing (2 APCs)

now then, go to the "Cheats" tab and select "Cheat List"
    select "Codebreaker" and add a code called "Unit Mod"
    here's the code
    Code:
    First Unit Mod
    32022690 00??

Second Unit Mod
    3202269C 00??

Digits
    (Ground Units)
    01 - Infantry
    02 - Mech
    03 - Md Tank
    05 - Tank
    06 - Recon
    07 - APC
    08 - Neotank (new tank, only in AW2:BHR, totally unrealistic, but totally kick a**)
    0A - Artillery
    0B - Rockets
    0E - Anti-Air
    0F - Missiles
    (Air Units)
    10 - Fighter
    11 - Bomber
    13 - B Cptr
    14 - T Cptr

(Naval Units, DON'T USE THESE YET!)
    Edit: NVM, it doesn't screw the game up at all,

(Refer to attachment: VBATut8.jpg)

10: WTF?!?!?... that Rocket Launcher is floating on the water... (I seriously just discovered this)

15 - B Ship
    16 - Cruiser
    17 - Lander
    18 - Sub

(wtf, repeat digits)
    19 - Mech

So ya, with this code, you can make any unit (but use a tank as a base for the one you're modding, because infantry, APC's, and Recon's don't have any primary weapons, and thus no ammo for primary weapons, so the morphed unit will have no ammo, and Mech's only have 3 shots for their primary weapons [Bazooka's]) for the cost of a much cheaper unit

also, I should explain CO powers, because I shall soon find a way to mod them

(I forgot to mention, you can make screenshot video's by going to...
    "Tools" -> "Record" -> "Start AVI Recording"
    Select where you want to place the file, name it, and hit "Save" then select "Cinepak Codec by Radius" and put the "Compression Quality" at 100

The Cinepak Codec compresses a file to about 1/8 its normal size, my movie was 40 MBs when uncompressed, but the Cinepak Codec made it 5 MBs, [to admin in charge of upload file space] sweet huh, 40 mbs to 5 mbs

the game will run horribly slow, but the recording will come out perfectly, and I did this from my Laptop which has the Intel Core Duo processor thing [in other words, I have 2 CPUs] and it still ran slow

By the way, eventually we will be hacking Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and you can use the AVI recording feature to make vids of your hacks!)

Anyway, here's a movie of Sturm's CO Power!

(Refer to attachment: VBATut9.avi)

(Wait while I switch to Firefox, because I can't upload video's with IE)

edit: there we go

This part of the first section was to get people familiar with CodeBreaker Advance, but we will start on Chain of Memories next! (crowd goes "YAY!") And the Dissassembler! (members of the crowd take out shotguns) me: Oh sh- *BANG!*
    Me: FINE THEN I WON'T GIVE YOU ANY MORE ROMS! (crowd drops weapons)
    (pm me WITH YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS for the C.o.M. rom)

I'll update with the Chain of Memories section within the next week or so

Attached Files:

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

good luck, i look forward to the review

9. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

i'll give it a try.... might as well, then i can help you all :D and i'll be smarter...(barely) anyways, i hope i can get this >.<

10. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Guahhhhhh!

I have homework, and LOTS of it

so no tutorial update yet

(why did I choose to take honors level classes?)

11. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

wow, good luck, and hope ya can get the tutorial updated...

12. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Let me know if you want topics like this stickied, and I'll do it for you. Since it's helpful and all...

13. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

i'll PM you for the sticky once the first section (the GBA section) is finished

then we will move on to N64 (Crowd goes: YAY!!!!!) and we will start with Super Mario 64, because I can mod ANYTHING, especially the GFX (I changed the textures for Peach's Castle into the textures for Boo, so Peach's Castle was a GIANT BOO FACE THAT BLINKED!)

14. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

wow...nice....i, really, REALLY wanna learn to hack now, make codes for people who request, or w/e..and yeah...g/l with the rest jlhack

15. Majik Chaser

a friend of mine that use to be on CMP ( UltramasterBDJ ) me and him use to do crazy sh*t with N64 games =P

but sadely he left the forum =[

16. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

horray for me! I found how to hack your deck in CoM! I'll post a screenie of Riku's b****in new deck, and I'll teach you how to find it yourself! as in, I won't flat out give it to you, you'll have to find it yourself *crowd cocks guns*

I've also got a code that a) you activate Dark Mode by pressing "A" b) you stay in dark mode forever

and I have a code that makes you play Riku's story by making a new game (as in, you select "New Game" for Sora, but you make a new game as Riku, so no unlocking required!)

17. Majik Chaser

i'm guessing this is GBA?
    EDIT: ohh you said "A" button so it must be GBA =P

18. JLHack7 Kingdom Keeper

Yup, here's Riku's new deck!

(Refer to attachment: VBATut10.avi)

This is Riku's b****in new hacked deck!

Anyway, here are the digits (I can't give you the code yet)
    129D - Soul Eater (9)
    129C - Soul Eater (8)
    129B - Soul Eater (7)
    and so on
    1185 - Potion (9) [works for both characters]
    1204 - Defender [Enemy Card]
    118F - High Potion [works for both characters]

I'm posting the digits because if you know how to use the disassembler and the memory editor already, then by all means go for it!

Also, here are some codes

Codebreaker
    Code:
    M
    000064F1 000A
    10001946 0007

Character Mod
    32039BB8 00XX
    02 - Sora
    0A - Riku

(start a new game for Sora with Riku in the slot, and you will start a new game for Riku!)

I also have some new codes, BUT, you need to get the Visual Boy Advance 1.8 Beta 3 (which you can get HERE
    but it's only for windows

while the previous codes were entered as CodeBreaker Codes, these codes are Raw codes, and VBA did not have much raw support up until now, in the 1.8 Beta 3

Raw codes are entered with the "Code" option
    enter them exactly as written

Code:
    Sora recovers cards instantly (like Riku)
    0807DECC:30FF

Press "A" to transform into Dark Mode
    080AB060:30E430E4
    080AB064:800121C8
    080AB068:8800

INVINCIBLE!
    080194EE:25153035
    080194F2:38357005

Infinite HP (Both Characters)
    0802FA24:8DFC
    0802FA28:85BC

Now then, the next time I update, we will be starting on Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, so if you need the Rom, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you

19. AntiWeapon Chaser

Ill try learn to hack. D: Thanks for doing this. There more hackers the more codes, the more codes the more epicly awsome we can make kh2. XD

20. Sasuke240 Kingdom Keeper

always when i#m trying to port from AR MAX US TO AR MAX PAL IT'S THE SAME CODE WHY!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.