Kingdom Hearts: A Different World (Moved!)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Maka Albarn, May 16, 2008.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

I think I posted it in the wrong spot, so I moved it over here! Okay... that's all.

Yeah! My first fan fiction story! lolz, okay I feel like I didn't do sooo great with the story, but oh well. Remeber, this is just the prologue! And forgive me for my bad grammar. The story takes place after Sora, Riku, and Kairi returned to Destiny Island. :whatsthat:

Prologue

Sora was in a kind of sleep… one that seemed familiar to him. Only, he wasn’t asleep… but then again he wasn’t awake either. He was more in the in-between state of sleeping and waking. Thoughts were drifting through his mind, so many questions he had.

Why? How did he survive?” Something interrupted Sora’s thoughts, and his mind was bringing him back to reality. His eyes were still close, but he could hear something. It sound of sort of like… wind? He wasn’t quite sure. He then heard something rumble in the distance, like thunder. Sora’s hands and clothes felt wet and cold for some strange reason.

Confused, Sora slowly started to open his eyes. The sound of the wind became louder, and all of his senses were gradually awakening with every second that passed by. He felt a fluttering feeling in his stomach, like the feeling you get when you were slowly falling down. Startled by the thought, Sora’s eyes shot open as a flash of lighting rippled in the sky above him. He noticed he was surrounded by a strange white light; the light that brought him and Riku home after the final battle with Xemnas. This was all too weird... Sora then started getting the idea that he was upside down, and the flashes of lighting above him made him believe so.

“What?!” Only the sound of the thunder answered Sora. Rain was falling all around him, as his clothes flapped violently in the wind. Sora could hear a faint ringing of bells below him and then the sound and smell he was all too familiar with… the ocean. Sora’s heart leaped in his throat as he realized the situation he was in. He really couldn’t do anything about it, so he closed his eyes tightly and prayed silently in his mind.

The sound of the crashing storm waves rushed up to meet Sora as he sucked in to hold his breath. The light that was around Sora earlier disappeared as he hit the water. The chilling ocean swallowed him for a brief moment, and then threw Sora back up to the surface. He coughed and gagged as he tried to get some air into his lungs.

“Riku!” he called frantically. An icy wave came crashing on Sora, bringing him under the water again. He crazily flailed his arms to find the surface, and broke out of the water once again. He spat out the water and took in some more air, but also taking in the salty water in his mouth at the same time, making him cough and sputter some more. The waves beat upon him like a dog with a rag doll. He fought hard to stay above the stormy sea, but he knew his strength was failing, he could feel it. He was pulled in the ocean again… this time he didn’t have enough strength to fight.

All his energy was drained from him. Sora let himself drift down, down into the ocean. An image of Kairi flashed in his mind. She was on Destiny Island, smiling and waving at him. She giggled sweetly and then grinned at him. Sora held on to the image as the oxygen slowly drained away from him.

Kairi…” Sora's vision clouded over until he could only see black.
    To be continued…

And don't worry! It gets better, and more exciting! I've got a few things up my sleeves that I think you guys might like..
    . :wow:

2. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Nice! Good description. I wonder what this story is about. This scene seems like a play on the opening scenes of the KH games. God knows Sora found those traumatic enough :p

3. Maka Albarn It's called love

lol, yeah... the more I read it over, the more it sounded like the KH Opening.... lol! Oh well! Thank you very much!

4. diddycaty Moogle Assistant

hurray!! its awsome!!! but can u make sora kinda cooler im not saying u make him dorky but he sorta is in all the games!!! by the way i like to hav tea with demyx!!!

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Wow... thanks guys! I'll post Chapter One soon. I just have to edit it, and wallah! :D

Alright, kind of a boring chapter one... but hey, it's just getting warmed up. :D I'll write about the other characters soon in chapter two! Yeah!

Chapter One:

Keiko pedaled her bike leisurely along the wet highway by the guard rail. Below her was the ocean and above her was the cloudy storm sky she seen the night before. The storm was now calm and only a slight ocean breeze was in the air. The salty air was strong and the smell of wet pavement tickled Keiko’s nose. Sun rays broke through the clouds, and not a car could be seen in sight. She sighed out.

“Another one of those quiet summer mornings,” she said quietly to herself. She looked down at the groceries that rested nicely in her basket on her bike. Keiko then looked up and saw her town coming into view. She smiled. A digital alarm sounded off from her watch, and she quickly looked down at the time.

“Hm… 7:30… I was supposed to be back by 8:00. That means I have time to go to the beach for a bit.”

She pedaled her bike faster, and turned down the dirt road that led down to the shores. Keiko always loved visiting the beach after a storm. There were always interesting shells that washed up, or strange objects that appeared. She pulled the break lever when she came to the sand and swung her leg off the bike. Keiko rolled her bike, hiding it behind the rock to make sure people or gulls wouldn’t mess with her groceries in her basket.

She then turned and started walking around on the sand. No one else was around, which Keiko was thankful for. She reached her hands behind her to pull her hair tighter so the rubber band would stay on. Keiko’s hair was always tied up in a ponytail so it wouldn’t be in her face. She wasn’t like most of the average girls in her little community. She never wore make-up and she never really liked wearing nice shirts or just sit around and talk about nonsense stuff. She was a really active girl, whose style was t-shirts and blue jeans. Because of these qualities, she had very few friends.

Keiko sighed as she walked around a huge rock, stepping in the waves and getting her shoes and her pants wet. She held on to the rock as she went around to the other side to dry land. She shivered as the cold water soaked her jeans up to her thighs and was relived to see the hideout. It was like a private hideaway cove. Only Keiko’s older brother, her few friends and herself knew where it was. It had a small cliff for shade, and it was always out of the way of the tides. It was really large too. She grinned and sloshed out of the water onto the dry sand and shook the extra water off her soaked jeans and shoes. When the tide came in, the waves don’t come up all the way, because it was sort of off the shore line.

Keiko looked toward the calm, grey Pacific Ocean. The storm clouds made it hard to see the horizon, but it was still a beautiful sight to see. She let her eyes scan down the beach… and then she stopped. She thought she saw something on the sand. She cocked an eyebrow and squinted to see more clearly from where she was standing. It looked like… a guy? She wasn’t too sure though.

“Huh?” Keiko started jogging toward the thing, or person. The image was becoming clearer, and she realized her first guess was right. It was a person! More to say, a boy with spiky brown hair and really weird looking clothes. Keiko broke into a full run, and then quickly kneeled down by the guy. His head was sideways in the sand, his eyes were closed.

Keiko looked and saw no one else there. She nearly slapped herself. Of course no one was around! It was a secrete place! Keiko took in deep breathes to calm herself down. Either he was dead or alive, Keiko didn’t know. She reached for the boy’s shoulders, and gently turned him over to lay him on his back. She then put two fingers on the boy’s left wrist. He had a pulse.
    “Please be breathing,” she pleaded. “I don’t want to do the kiss of life!” Keiko hover her hand close to the guy’s face. She felt breathes of warm air brush against her hand.

“Phew, thank the heavens!” Now all Keiko had to do was try to wake him up. She thought for a moment, and then scooped up some cold icy water that was washing up on shore. She sprinkled it on the boy’s face and waited for a response

Sora felt something sprinkle on his face and he shifted uncomfortably. He groaned. His whole body felt heavy, wet, and cold. He heard the soft gentle breeze, and the ocean lapping on the shore.

“Am I… dead?” He then heard a voice that seemed distant.

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Kairi?” Sora questioned hoarsely. He opened his eyes slowly, and saw a figure hovering above his head. He blinked a few times, but the image was still a little fuzzy.

“Kairi? Who’s Kairi?” the voice questioned curiously.

Sora was suddenly feeling quite tired and slowly started fading out. His eyes finally closed, and he blacked out again.

To Be Continued…

6. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Ooh, interesting.

Good job!

The only complaint I have is to do another line break between paragraphs.

Continue!

-Kairi

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

Cool, thanks guys! And I fixed that one paragraph problem so I think it'll be easier to read now. I'm working on Chapter Two! Wow, all these chapters are getting longer and longer... Oh well! Thanks again everyone. :D

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

Alrighty, I finally finished Chapter Two. Yeah! I wasn't by a computer for a couple of days so I had to write my story on paper and then type it on the computer when I finally got the chance. All these different sides of the story calls for a lot of creativity and thought! O_O Okay, here it is.

Chapter Two

Meanwhile…

“Uh… where are we Donald?” Goofy asked in the dark place where they were at.

“I don’t know, but this place smells terrible!” And Donald was right. It reeked of putrid food and moldy fish. Goofy tried to stand up in the small, dim place, but his head connected to something solid.

“Yeow!” Goofy rubbed the bump that was forming on his head. “I think I found the roof.” Goofy tapped the roof above him twice to make sure he was right.

Donald stood up the best he could, his webbed feet slipping on a slimy surface he stepped on. He shook his foot in disgust, trying to get the icky stuff off of him. He suddenly lost his balance, slamming his face in a mushy, malodorous, decayed piece of watermelon. Or… he thought it was watermelon. Donald lifted his head up and quaked furiously, swiping the slime off of his face harshly.

“That does it! THUNDER!” The shadowy area lit up with a sparkling, yellow light as the roof exploded off with a crackle of electricity. Sun light shined down inside, blinding the two adventurers.

Goofy blinked his eyes and looked up. There were buildings and blue skies above him. He looked down to see what he and his friend were standing on.

“Hi-yuck, look Donald! We were in a dumpster.”

“I already knew that,” said Donald, folding his arms.

Goofy climbed out of the dumpster, and then pulled his feathered friend out. They were both covered with bits and pieces of old food and junk. Donald flicked a piece of chicken (or that’s what it looked like) of his shoulders. He looked around the place where they were at. They heard car honks, shouts and whistles, and also police sirens.

Goofy tapped his head in deep thought.

“Hey Donald, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Keiko had one of the boy’s arms around her neck as she tried to walk back to the main beach. He was hard to pull along and Keiko was already sweating.

“Stupid, gah, dead weight…” she muttered. The boy’s arm started to slip off her neck, and she quickly tried to pull him back on. She failed and found herself and the boy toppled on the sand. Keiko lifted her head up and blew a strand of hair out of her face.

“Okay… new plan!” Keiko stood up, brushing the sand off of her shirt and pants. Keiko then looked down at the guy and sighed. She then bent down, grabbed the guy by the wrists, and started dragging him backwards. Even then, he was hard to move. He wasn’t heavy, she just wasn’t strong enough for this kind of task. After much struggle and pulling, she finally dragged him to the rock where she came around from and set his arms down gently.

“We’ll take a break,” she said while exhaling. She sat herself on the sand and brought her knees up to her chest. She took in a couple of deep breaths and then looked down on the guy. He was still knocked out cold.

“I wonder where you came from…” she said outloud. “You must’ve had one rough night to be in this condition though. She set her head on her knees and listened to the wave lap on the shore. A sound carried across the waves. Keiko’s ears perked up and she raised her head. It was a voice. Keiko heard it again, only it was more louder.

“Keiko!” She knew that voice from anywhere. She stood up.

“Yashu!” She looked down at the unconscious boy. “I’ll be right back.” She ran beside the rock and sloshed in the water. She ran the best she could around the rock to her brother’s voice.

“Yashu! Yashu, I’m over here!” She came around the rock, almost tripping and falling in the water. She stopped and saw her brother running to her. He finally met up with her, panting.

“Keiko, where the heck have you been?! You were like thirty minutes late, and I’ve-”

Keiko shook her head. “Yashu, I found somebody!”

Her brother finally quit ranting. “Huh?”

Keiko rolled her eyes. “I found someone washed up on the beach. He’s unconscious, and I can’t carry him myself.”

Yashu blinked his eyes, and scratched his head. “Okay, let me get this straight… you found someone washed up on the beach? In our hiding place?”

“I swear I’m not lying.” She grabbed for his hand and pulled towards the hideout. “Come on, he needs help!”

It was Yashu’s turn to roll his eyes. “Fine, I’ll take your word for it. But if it’s another one of your pranks you’re doing the dishes and cleaning the bathrooms. Capiece?”

“Okay, capiece… now come on!”

The two siblings made their way around the rock silently. Keiko was wordlessly hoping that Yashu would believe her, and Yashu prayed his little sister wasn’t wasting his time. They finally made it to the hideaway, and Keiko ran over to the guy. Yashu was suddenly in shock. He saw the unconscious boy.

“Oh my gosh.” He ran over to Keiko and kneeled down his sister. He looked up at Keiko. “You weren’t lying. We’ll take him to our house and then call a medic if we need to.” He stood up and scaled the situation carefully. An idea popped in his head.

“Alright, Keiko you take his arms and I’ll grab his legs. We’ll both lift him up on my signal.” Keiko nodded her head and bent over to grab on the boy’s arms. Yashu grabbed his legs. He told Keiko to lift him up and they both hoisted him. They started the trek back to the main beach.

“So, got any ideas where he came from?” Yashu asked over his shoulder. Keiko looked down at the boy’s face and back to Yashu.

“No,” she said quietly.

“This is kind of weird,” Yashu mumbled.

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Very interesting! I have no complaints, except for a few spelling errors. Other than that, great job!

10. Maka Albarn It's called love

Chapter Three

Alright! Moving on to Chapter Three! Yes! Personally, I wanted to get Riku in the story. Don't worry I'll get everybody together soon enough.

Chapter Three

Riku walked along the streets, looking up at the tall buildings and small shops. He turned to look behind him and stopped to examine the lay of the land. People just walked around him, not really paying attention to him. He turned back around to look in front of him. There were so many different things Riku was trying to take in. The flashing lights, cars driving and honking horns, and all the people! Riku has never been in a huge crowd before.

“What is this place?” Suddenly, someone slammed into his shoulder, rushing past him in a big hurry.

“Sorry!” the unknown person said. Riku glared at the fleeing guy and rubbed his sore shoulder.

Jerk,” Riku thought in his head. He sighed and began to walk with the flow of the crowd. He still couldn’t get it over how different it was from Destiny Island or all the other worlds Riku has been to in the past.

“It’s so… different.” Suddenly, he noticed the crowd stopped. He stood there in place and looked around at everybody. What was the hold up? He stood on his tiptoes to see over everybody and saw cars crossing back and forth.

“Oh…” He stood on his feet again and looked up at the sky. He wondered what happened to his other friends. They’ve could have ended up anywhere! After Sora accidentally combined his powers with-

He felt someone tap on his shoulder. Annoyed, he turned around. He was facing a guy with really shaggy skater hair and an amazed expression on his face.

“Dude, nice cosplay costume! It rocks!”

“Cosplay costume?” Riku cocked an eyebrow at the teenager. He figured he should play it safe and go along with it. “Uh… thanks?”

The shaggy hair guy gave Riku a cheesy grin. “It’s so awesome! It looks almost exactly like the one in the video game and you look exactly like the dude. Where did you get it?”

This made Riku even more confused. Game? He looked almost exactly like who? His brain was starting to swirl with confused thoughts. The light changed green for the pedestrians to cross the street, which Riku was thankful for.

“At a shop,” he said simply and walked off as fast and casually as he could. He crossed the street and turned a random corner, hoping the creepy person wasn’t following him. He was starting to get strange stares, but luckily, no one was coming up to him. Riku crossed another street, almost getting hit by a car, and then finally turned around the final corner. Not very many people were around this area. Riku exhaled in relief.

“This world is so weird.” Riku shivered at the thought, and continued to walk down the street more calmly; since he figured he wasn’t being followed anymore. He suddenly stopped. He felt something familiar… it was all too well familiar. Riku had to battle with it once, which was not a pleasant experience. It was the darkness.

Riku turned slowly to face the entrance of a well shaded alleyway. He squinted to see down to the dead end of it. Something was there. Riku cautiously summoned The Way to Dawn and walked as silently as possible toward the mysterious being. He didn’t want to jump to any conclusions yet. Besides, he could be hallucinating for crying out loud.

Symbols covered both sides of the walls. The smell of sewage was thick in the air. Riku didn’t notice a thing. All he could feel was the darkness swirling around the shadow figure. His, or her, back was towards Riku, and the apparel of their clothing was hidden by the shadow. Riku took a hesitant step forward, and then accidentally kicked an alumina can. He cringed and froze in place.

The figure, which was aware that someone was there the whole time, lift their head up. They could feel both the light and the darkness residing in their foe. They slowly started to turn their head around.

Riku gripped his keyblade in both hands, ready and waiting with dread and anticipation. Could it be him? Could it really be? The figure almost turned around completely to reveal who they were-

“Hey you!” a voice shouted, causing their voice to carry and bounce off the walls.

Riku nearly jumped out of his skin, as he whirled around to face his new opponents. There were five guys at the entrance of the alleyway. They had rough clothing and a mean look on their faces. The taller one, who looked like their leader, stepped out in front of the group. He folded his arms across his chest and smirked at Riku.

“You look like you’re a little lost. Are you new around these parts of San Francisco?” The leader’s ganged chuckled evilly. Riku turned around, but the mysterious figure he saw earlier vanished. He turned to look back at the group.

“What’s it look like,” Riku said calmly, trying to keep his nerves under control. There were five of them and one of him. Plus they were Somebodies. The keyblade would cause a lot of damage to them; maybe even cost their lives if they decide to fight him. He was starting to get tired of this world. The leader frowned for a bit and grinned mischievously.

“‘What’s it look like?’” He scoffed. “I think we should give you a little show of what the gangs of San Francisco can do with outsiders.” On cue, all the gang members stepped deeper in the alleyway bringing out all these interesting weapons. Chains, a pipe, a crowbar, a hockey stick, and a metal baseball bat. Riku stayed calm and brought out The Way to Dawn in front and stepped into a defensive stance. Some of the gang members started to laugh.

“What’s that thing? A deformed bat?” the one with the chains asked while swinging his weapon over his head.

Finally, Riku flashed them a grin. “You’ll find out soon enough.”

One of the teenagers flung the chain at Riku, but he smacked it away before it wrapped around his weapon. Two people, one with the pipe and one with the crowbar, stepped in front and behind him. At the same time, they both charged at him. Riku waited patiently for the right moment. Finally when they were bring their weapons down on him, Riku ducked and side-step out of the way. The two opponents hit each other hard on the head.

Ouch,” Riku let his guard down for only an instant when he watched the two guys fall down.

Big mistake.

The chain slashed Riku on the shoulder ripping his shirt and causing him to have great pain. He cried out and grabbed it in agony. He took in deep breaths as he stood there. They were lying off of him, watching him suffer. Suddenly, Riku felt something warm and wet. One word came to mind… blood. Riku clenched his teeth and turned to face his last three opponents. They were laughing with pleasure.

“Now let’s see how you handle this!”

Okay Riku fans don't kill me! He's going to pull through, but I'm not telling you how. Muwhaha! Fight scenes are really hard for me to write about, so I tried my best!!!

11. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Omg, Riku pwnt them. By the way, it's called The Way To The Dawn.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

Chapter Four

Keiko sat on a chair in her living room. The ceiling fan above her rotated exceedingly slow and steadily, making a small and gentle breeze in the room. Her mind was in deep thought.

Her and her brother brought the boy back up from the beach, and into their house. He was placed on the couch, where he was laying, still unconscious. Yashu told her to watch over the guy while he fixed lunch in the kitchen. Their mom was going to be home soon, and they needed to act like everything was still normal. Yashu predicted the boy would wake up by then.

Keiko shattered her daydreaming and looked over to him. She had laid a cloth on his head, because he was feeling a little bit hot. She reached over to turn it over to the cooler side of the cloth.

The boy’s eyes snapped opened, sitting straight up. The cloth flew off of his head like a bird and onto the floor. “Riku!†He panted for a bit and reached for his head. He was looking quit dizzy.

Keiko watched wordlessly with her hand close to her chest. She blinked a couple of times, taking the sudden events in her mind. She was shocked at first because the unexpected reaction, but then relaxed and sighed out quietly.

“Take it easy, you went through a bumpy night you know,†she said to the boy. He twisted his head to look at Keiko and then he groaned.

“Who...?†He rubbed his head.

Keiko shushed him. “Lay down, you’re still a little waterlogged.†The guy took her advice and laid back down on the couch. He did a quick scan of the living room. Keiko could tell he looked a little lost.

“Where am I?†he asked faintly. Keiko smiled.

“You’re in my house. My brother and I found you washed up on the beach, and so we brought you here.†Keiko creased a wrinkle out of her jeans. She wasn’t really good with talking with other people. It made her kind of uncomfortable.

“Introduce yourself!†her conscious shouted at her. She cleared her throat. “By the way, my name is Keiko. What’s your name?â€

“Mine’s Sora,†said Sora, still looking around the room. He looked worn out and exhausted.

“Riku…†he said so quietly that Keiko almost didn’t catch it. His eyes started closing again. Keiko raised an eyebrow. First Kairi, and now a guy named Riku.

“Riku? Is he a friend of yours?†Keiko asked leaning in closer to hear him. Sora opened his eyes to meet Keiko’s. He nodded his head.

“Yeah… we were separated after…†he trailed off, suddenly looking confused. “…After…â€

“After what?†Keiko asked. “Great, he probably has amnesia,†Keiko thought in her head.

Sora looked perplexed as ever. “I don’t… remember.â€
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile…

Tyler tapped his pen out of boredom on the countertop. He was listening to the rock music playing in the background. The aroma of fresh pizza filled the room as the chief’s creation was cooking in the oven.

Tyler sighed and turned to look at the TV. It was playing a re-run of a baseball game that was played yesterday. Two of his friends behind him were chatting about some guy who looked almost like the “Real-Riku†in his costume, or something like that. He shook his head.

“Boring as ever. Not very many costumers too.†He stopped tapping his pencil and sighed. He stared at his reflection in the counter. Sometimes he wished that he was one of those average kids who go outside to skateboard all day or go to the movies. But he had a pizza restraint to run, so he never had time for that kind of stuff. He was about twenty years old, and orphan, and an easy going person. He only had a handful of friends, one of which was out of town for the summer. He was Tyler’s best friend.

He heard a crash, and then a whopping coming from the alleyway that was at the side of the restraint. Tyler rolled his eyes and pressed the pen to the counter.

“Good for nothing-†He turned and headed into the kitchen. His pizza wasn’t going to be done for a while, but he wasn’t worried about that. He grabbed a metal pan by the stove and headed to the side door.

“Where are you going Tyler?†one of his buddies asked.

Tyler turned and grinned. “We have some unwelcome customers. I’m just going to show them the way out. Call the cops, this shouldn’t take long.†He gave a small wave and opened the door.

Riku barely avoided the chain once again. He quickly dodge rolled out of the way, but in the process he rolled on his wounded shoulder. He flinched, and kneeled onto one knee. He watched the three opponents carefully, calculating their moves and stances. His pain was forgotten. He was starting to remember his training he had with Sora and the King.

“Wait…†he thought to himself.

The leader stopped and let his two men go to Riku. “What’s a matter? Had enough?â€

Riku laughed, and looked at the leader straight in the eye. “Obviously, you’re stupid.†He gripped his keyblade tighter. “Wait…â€

The leader was insulted. He glowered at Riku and looked at his two men. “Clearly he’s cocky. Take him out!â€

Riku shook his head in pity for the leader. This guy was nutty as a fruit cake.

The two men charged. The one with the chains lashed out first, which Riku had predicted would strike first.

“Now.†Riku held his keyblade in front of him just as the chain collided with it. The chain started wrapping around it tightly, which Riku wanted. It finally held in place, and the guy tried to pull it back. Riku planted his feet in the ground and didn’t budge an inch. Riku smirked as he saw his opponent struggling to pull him off his feet. The one with the hockey stick charged forward in order to hit Riku, since he figured that Riku wasn’t going to have enough time to evade it. Wrong.

Riku pulled hard on the chain, pulling the guy down to the concrete and ducking hockey stick at the same time. The hockey stick collided with the chain, making a ringing that echoed in the alleyway.

The leader dropped his metal bat on the ground, clearly dumbfounded of how this kid was putting up one heck of a fight.

Riku quickly pulled the chain and went around the guy with the hockey stick several times until he was securely wrapped. The gang member was stunned. He let himself get wrapped up! Truth was, Riku used a little magic spell called Stopga to save him some time.

Riku pulled the chain off of The Way to Dawn, and fitted it in the wraps. The person who originally held the chains was knocked out cold from the hard fall he took to the ground. Riku kneeled down by him and wrapped what chains were around his wrists tightly. The guy with the hockey stick and the chain guy were defeated.

“There, that should hold them.†Riku nodded in satisfaction, and then suddenly remembered about the other guy. He didn’t even make one move to back up his comrades for the entire fight.

Click.

“Don’t… move… a muscle,†the leader said in a husky tone. Riku froze. He sort of knew what that sound was, but then again he didn’t. He heard the leader step forward behind him.

“Turn your head slowly to face me.â€

Riku turned his head as instructed. He came face to face with a gun barrel. Riku’s eyes widened as he looked at the weapon. The leader moved his gun upward once and pointed back to Riku’s head.

“Now stand up very slow like,†the leader whispered.

“Coward.†Even though the fight turned an unfair corner, Riku did as instructed and stood up as carefully as he could. His eyes were locked on his last and final foe. The leader took three steps backwards, his gun still pointed at Riku.

“I knew you were trouble the first moment I laid eyes on you. I should have taken care of you right then and there. Still, you put up one great fight. It’ll be a waste to kill you. How ‘bout I make you an offer?â€

Riku wanted to laugh out loud, but seeing that he was facing death in the face, he thought better of it. “He’s acting like we were enemies all our lives or something like that.†Riku stood there looking at him.

“What kind of offer?â€

The gang leader sneered. “The offer to join our gang.â€

Riku eyebrows furrowed. He didn’t like the sound of this at all.

Seeing this reaction, the leader decided to cut to the point. “Join us, and you get prompted right away… plus you live. Refuse and you loose your life. It’s your choice.â€

Riku glared at him for a few moments. He heard sirens in the distant. The leader heard it too and raised the gun higher.

“I’ll count to three. On three, I pull the trigger. Make your choice fast. One…†Riku’s eye caught something behind the leader, but kept his gaze on the gun to not give anything away.

“Two…†The leader cocked the gun. Suddenly, the gun was smacked out of the guy’s hand, luckily without setting it off. A deep ring vibrated through the passageway as a metal pan smashed against the leader’s head. The leader stood there for a few moments and then staggered forward; crumpling on the ground. The guy with the metal pan stepped forward.

“Three…†he said while tapping the pan on his shoulder. Riku smiled.

“Thanks,†he said to the teen. The teenager looked up at Riku and nodded his head.

“No problem. Actually, I should be the one thanking you. These guys have been scaring off our customers for weeks. By the way, the name’s Tyler.â€

“Riku.†Riku dismissed his keyblade and it disappeared in a flash. Tyler watched it, and raised his eyebrows. He wasn’t at all bewildered with Riku’s weapon disappearing like that. He was just curious.

“Interesting…†Tyler’s eyes fell on Riku’s battle wound. “Ouch, that looks like one nasty cut. It’s has to be disinfected right away.â€

Riku looked down on it. Blood was seeping into his shirt around his wound. Tyler lowered his arm with the pan in hand to his side.

“My house is just above the restaurant. So we’ll head upstairs and get that gash taken care of. Follow me.â€

Riku took a step couple of steps forward, and then Tyler turned to lead Riku to the side door. The sirens became louder as the two boys headed back inside the restaurant. Tyler set the pan on a counter and kept walking. Riku followed silently behind. Tyler came up to a door in the kitchen and unlocked it. He opened it and motioned Riku to walk inside.

“Hey guys, make sure you take care of that pizza!†Tyler called to his workers. “I’ll be in my house if any body needs me.†He shut the door and locked it behind them.

“Okay, follow me up this way.†Tyler and Riku walked up the stairs and into the main house. They came across the living room. Tyler told Riku to sit on the sofa while he grabbed the first aid kit in his bathroom. Riku found himself alone in the living room and slowly sagged into the sofa. He rested on of his elbows on his knee, and then laid his head on his hands. The sirens were extremely piercing and clear now. He sighed out while thinking how close he was to getting killed. His ears picked up small footsteps coming from a different part of the house.

“Riku?â€

Riku’s head snapped up and looked toward the direction of the voice. To his surprise and relief, Kairi was standing at a doorway looking at him. Riku smiled.

“Hey Kairi.†Kairi ran over to Riku and hugged him. Riku recoiled when Kairi accidentally brushed against his injured shoulder. She pulled back; her eye grew wide when she saw the wound.

“Riku, you’re hurt,†She said, looking in his eyes with a concerned look on her face. Riku didn’t want Kairi to worry, so he gave her a small smile.

“Don’t worry Kairi, I’m fine. Really I am.†Kairi smiled back and sat on the couch next to Riku.

“Hee, Riku I thought you were better than that! Getting a scratch like that makes me wonder what happened to all of your training with Sora.â€

Riku chuckled. “Well after one year of peace, you kind of start forgetting things.â€

Kairi giggled, her grin widened.

“I’m glad to see you! I was so lost and scared when all of us were separated. I thought I lost you both.†She looked around the room, half expecting for Sora to jump out of no where as he usually did. Riku just shook his head.

“I didn’t find him,†he said solemnly. Kairi gazed drifted downwards to the floor. Riku decided to change the subject. “So, how did you get here, Kairi?â€

She looked up at her friend. “I don’t know… I just found myself on the streets and then Tyler found me. He took me here, and this is where I’ve been staying for the last few hours.†Kairi rubbed her head… she was trying to recall the events that happened before they ended up in this new world. “For some reason, I can’t remember what happened before that.â€

Riku suddenly realized that he couldn’t remember either. “Neither can I.â€

They both heard heavy footsteps coming down the hallway and became silent. Tyler stepped around the corner with a large first aid kit in hand. He saw Kairi and nodded his greetings to her.

“I see you met Kairi,†Tyler said while setting up the kit on the coffee table.

Riku exchanged glances with Kairi and then looked at Tyler. “Actually, we already knew each other.â€

Tyler glimpsed up for a brief moment and then busied himself with his kit. “Oh…†Suddenly, they heard a phone ringing. Tyler sighed out exasperatingly. “Kairi, why don’t dress Riku’s wound while I go get that.â€

Kairi nodded her head. “Sure.†Tyler stood up and walked out of the room. The phone still kept ringing.

“Sheesh, I’m coming I’m coming,†Tyler muttered.

Kairi turned to Riku and carefully pulled up his sleeve. Riku winced but didn’t pull away. He heard Kairi take in a sharp breath.

“It’s kind of deep,†she said sympathetically. She turned her head to the first aid kit and dug through it. She found the alcohol swabs and grabbed one of the small packages and began to open it. “This is going to sting a lot,†she said to Riku. Riku eyed the package warily. He really didn’t like this part at all.

“Here we go.†Riku looked the opposite direction. They say when you don’t look at the wound while it’s being treated, the pain is less. Kairi started at the top of the wound and quickly swiped the swab down the cut. Riku bit his tongue to stop himself from howling out in pain. He winced and took in a jagged breath.

“Ow…â€

Kairi took the blood soaked swab and laid it on the package it came out of. She continued to treat it more gently like a mother would. Riku relaxed and let Kairi finish dressing his wound.

“I think this is going to be a reminder to never let myself get hit again,†Riku said between his teeth.

Kairi giggled softly as she began to wrap the gauze around the shoulder. “I’m just glad it’s not more than a cut.â€

“Yeah, me too.â€

Kairi suddenly remembered Sora telling her about the keyblade and how it can cast spells. She remembered one particular type of magic that could help Riku out a lot. “Hey Riku, why don’t we use Cura to take care of your cut?â€

Riku smiled at his sympathic friend. “I sort of need this to remind myself how dangerous this world is.†Kairi nodded her head, understanding her friend’s wishes.

Tyler finally walked back in the room. Kairi and Riku glanced at him. He had a little smirk on his face.

“Good news you two, I think one of my buddies from out of town found your other friend.â€

Donald and Goofy walked down the streets of San Francisco; at least that’s where Donald thought they were at after reading an advertisement. People were looking at them with wide eyes and smiles on their faces. Goofy gave a nervous wave.

“Why are they staring at us like that Donald?†Goofy asked so only Donald could hear.

“I don’t know, don’t look at them though.â€

The twosomes kept walking down the street, while people were whispering and murmuring about them. One little girl in the stroller shouted out, “Donald! Goofy!†in the cutest little kid’s voice.

Goofy turned, forgetting about Donald’s order and waved to the small girl. “Hiyuck, hey Donald, she knows our names.â€

Donald turned around and stamped an angry foot. “Goofy! What did I just tell you?!â€

Goofy put both of his hands over his mouth. “Whoops, I forgot.â€

Donald tugged on Goofy’s jacket. “Come on! We got to find Sora and the others.†As Donald turned to pull his friend along he ran into someone. Donald quaked and looked up. They were surrounded by people!

“What’s the big idea?! Move it!!!†The people just laughed merrily, which made Donald very angry.

“Hey mom, they must have updated the costumes at Disney Land! Their mouths moved!†shouted one excited little boy.

“And these guys do a great job of sticking with the character’s personalities. They sound like them too!†another person stated.

Donald and Goofy were confused. What were these people talking about anyways? Goofy looked all around at the people. They were drawing quite a large crowd.

“Uh, what should we do, Donald?â€

Donald looked up and down for a second, figuring out what to do. He simpered mischievously and pointed in a random direction. “Hey! What’s that over there?â€

Everybody turned their heads, and Donald brought out his magic wand. He cast a spell on the two of them, causing them to disappear in a cloud of smoke. The crowd turned back, and was astonished that they disappeared like that.

Goofy and Donald appeared around the corner, not too far away from the crowd. They began to run down the street as fast as possible. Both of them were hoping that nobody was following them. Goofy glanced up and saw a restaurant sign ahead of them. It was a pizza place.

“Hey Donald, let’s hide in here.†Goofy skidded to a stop and opened the door for him and Donald to allow them to pass through the door. They both ran inside, and shut the door behind them. Goofy and Donald leaned against the door pantinnd trying to catch their breath.

The aroma of pizza drifted to their noses, making them suddenly realizing they hadn’t had anything to eat in a while. Both of their stomachs growled at the same time.

“Gwarsh, I just suddenly realized that I’m starving.â€

Donald rubbed his rumbling belly. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to get a bite to eat while we’re hiding out in here. Let’s go order something.â€

The two friends walked up to the bar and both sat down in the swivel chairs. Goofy looked around... no one was in sight. Just then, someone came bursting out of the kitchen with a warm, fresh pizza on the plate. When the worker saw Goofy and Donald, he almost dropped the pizza on the floor. He gaped at them. Of course, Goofy didn’t notice a thing and waved at the gawking person.

“Hiya, can we order some pizza?â€

This one was really long, but I got it done! Thanks for the feedback by the way. ^^

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

Author's Note: Sorry I kept you guys waiting! I had a lot of things going on and I couldn't really work on my fanfiction. I finally got it though! In this chapter, I'm just focusing on Sora's side of the story. This chapter might be boring to you, but oh well! I'll write about how everyone else is doing in the next chapter. Hope you like it! Oh, and thanks for the feedback guys. It really keeps me going.

Chapter Five

Sora told Keiko and Yashu almost everything. Where he came from, his friends that were separated from him, up to the point where there was a big blank spot and to the point when he woke up on the beach. Yashu and Keiko didn’t know what to think. I mean, it wasn’t everyday someone from a different world just dropped in out of the sky to earth. Yashu decided to call his friend who was in San Francisco. His friend knew how to handle weird situations and strange things that suddenly popped up. Keiko was left alone with Sora in the living room.

“So… are you feeling better then?†Keiko asked while looking at him.

Sora grinned ear to ear. “Yeah, I feel much better now. Thanks for asking.â€

Keiko just nodded her head, and looked down. She wasn’t really skilled with speaking to people and making them feel comfortable. She had a lot of questions running through her mind about the world Sora came from, but she didn’t want to be rude. Sora sensed the uneasiness and decided to start up a conversation.

“I know it’s kind of weird that I came from a different world. I get that reaction a lot. So, it’s okay if you ask me questions.†Sora waited for Keiko. Keiko looked up, a little surprised.

“What? So you won’t get tired of me then? I mean… I can ask any question?â€

Sora laughed. “Any question!â€

Keiko had to laugh too. “Alright! Hm… what do you do on Destiny Island? Like, do you guys just sit there on the sand and watch the sun set, or do you swim in the ocean….?â€

Sora smiled. “We do all kinds of things. Sometimes we have races down the beach. Kairi always starts that. I mostly train with Riku. He has really great fighting skills. He’s the one that taught me how to battle.†Sora suddenly looked a little worried and depressed. Keiko saw this abrupt change in mood.

“Do you think that Riku and Kairi made it here in this world?†Keiko questioned. Sora shrugged his shoulders.

“They could be anywhere… probably in a different world.†Sora sighed out. “I wish I can remember what happened before that.â€

Keiko wanted the “Happy Sora†to come back. Being around depressed people made her depressed too. “Hey don’t worry! We’ll find them. I’ll have a good feeling that you’re friends are somewhere in this world.â€

Sora’s smile sort of came back for an instant. Keiko smiled too. Then something caught her attention. Something was burning. She rolled her eyes.

“Yashu!†She stood up. He left lunch on the stove again. She looked at Sora. “Be right back!†She quickly scampered in the kitchen. The chicken soup was boiling madly in the pot. At lightning speed, Keiko turned off the stove and wrapped a towel around the handle of the pot and moved it off to a much cooler place on the stove. The soup sputtered and spat at her as it slowly cooled down. She sighed out.

“Barely saved it!†Keiko looked around and found the wooden stirring spoon on the counter next to the stove. She took it and stirred the boiling soup around and around. Again, something caught her attention out of the kitchen window over the sink. Keiko left the spoon in the pot and came to the window. A car was parked outside in their driveway. Mrs. Kipper, Keiko and Yashu’s mom, was home.

Keiko quickly ducked out of sight and ran out of the kitchen to the bottom of the stairs. “Yashu! Mom’s home!†she yelled up the stairwell. She then ran back into the living room. Sora raised an eyebrow.

“What’s going on?†he asked while looking at Keiko.

Keiko took in a deep breath to explain things rapidly. “Okay, here’s how it goes. You’re a friend Yashu found and you’re staying at the Sunrise Motel for a couple of weeks.â€

Sora was lost. “Huh?â€

“Basically if you tell my mom you’re from a different world, she’ll go berserk! It’s best if you say you’re from out of town. That’s it though. Don’t tell her where you came from at all. Me and Yashu will take care of that.†Keiko looked anxiously back to the front door. Mrs. Kipper didn’t come in yet.

Sora looked too. “Okay… so I just play along then, right?â€

“Right.â€

Yashu came crashing down the stairs, just as Mrs. Kipper walked through the door. Keiko quickly stood up to attention. “Hi Mom!â€

Mrs. Kipper looked over to Keiko and smiled. “Hey sport. Anything…†She saw Sora. Sora gave a nervous wave. “Oh, and who’s this?â€

Keiko didn’t know what to say. “His name is, uh-â€

Yashu cut off Keiko and stepped in front of his sister. “Sora! His name is Sora. He’s from out of town.â€

“Hi…†Sora really didn’t know what to do. This kind of situation was new to him.

Mrs. Kipper smiled. “From out of town, eh? Where are you from exactly, Sora?†She was catching on that her children were trying to cover up something. Keiko and Yashu couldn’t answer this one for him. They shuffled uneasily in place, while Sora was trying to come up with a place.

“I’m from…†He looked down at the coffee table. A magazine with the title ‘Visit Las Vegas for the Best Summer Vacation Yet!’ was laid out on top of the other things. “Las Vegas. I’m from Las Vegas.†He quickly smiled at his new friends’ mom. Yashu and Keiko sighed out quietly in relief.

“That was a close one,†Keiko thought.

Mrs. Kipper folded her arms and smirked. “Las Vegas? How was the weather down there? I heard it was pretty cold for the last few days.â€

“Mom is really testing him,†Yashu thought dreadfully.

Sora started laughing. “Cold? No, no you got it all wrong. It was really hot down there. My shoes were even melting on the sidewalks.â€

“Man he’s good.†Keiko was stunned that Sora was an excellent liar.

Mrs. Kipper laughed. “Yep, if you want it cold, you gotta go to Antarctica.†Sora laughed too. Yashu and Keiko joined in to cover up their nervousness. Yashu cleared his throat.

“Mom, is it okay if Sora can sleep over for a couple days? Pretty please with a cheery on the top?†Yashu gave his biggest puppy eyes to his mom. Mrs. Kipper just shook her head. Her children were so silly sometimes.

“Why not? It’ll be fun. Just make sure you guys don’t break anything and trash the house, got it?â€

Yashu gave mom a scout salute. “I promise. Okay, let’s go upstairs and get you settled in, Sora.†Yashu motioned for Sora to follow. Sora smiled and followed Yashu out of the room. Keiko and her mom were out in the living room alone.

“He seems like a nice guy…†Mrs. Kipper looked over to Keiko with a smirk on her face. Keiko looked at her, and then she slowly shook her head back and forth.

“Oh no! No, no! Don’t go pairing me with him now! He’s already got a girl friend! Why do you always have to pair me with new guys you think are adorable and handsome?!†Keiko folded her arms and took a step back from her mother. Mom just laughed.

“You know I was just kidding!â€

“Yeah… sure you were…†Keiko mumbled.

The day went on like any average normal day. Sora explored the town with Yashu and Keiko, and they had a great time. When they finally got home, the sun had already set. The boys were alone in Yashu’s bedroom. Sora was on the floor in a sleeping bag Yashu found for him, while Yashu laid on his bed. They still both had their clothes on, because it wasn’t quite lights out yet. It was then Yashu remembered what his friend Tyler told him on the phone.

Yashu turned his head to look at Sora. “Hey Sora, we found your friends by the way.â€

Sora sat up in his sleeping bag right away. “What! Really?†Sora was excited. His friends were here in this world. “Where are they? Are they okay?†Yashu laughed.

“One question at a time! Yeah, they’re doing perfectly fine, and they’re in San Francisco with my good buddy Tyler. They’re in good hands.†Yashu left out the fact that Tyler told him that Riku got hurt, but it wasn’t all that bad. So Yashu didn’t worry about that.

Sora sighed out in relief and laid back down in his sleeping bag. He rested his hands behind his head while staring up at the ceiling. His friends were safe, and that’s all that mattered at the moment. “That’s a relief…†he finally said. He turned his head to look at Yashu. “How far is it from here to San Francisco?â€

Yashu sighed out. “It’s a six hour drive from here to there.â€

Sora turned his head to look at the ceiling. “Six hours… wow!â€

Yashu chuckled. “Yeah, it is a long ways away. And now we gotta figure out how to get you from here to there.†Sora exhaled. Yashu propped himself on one elbow to see over his bed. “Hey don’t worry! That part will be easy. Leave it to me!†He gave Sora a thumbs up. Sora grinned.

“Thanks for helping me out.â€

“Like I said no problem! We like helping out people. It’s what this family does.â€

A soft rap sounded at the door. “Hey boys, lights out in twenty minutes!†Yashu’s mom said from outside the door.

“Okay!†both boys shouted at once.

A mysterious person walked down the quiet streets in Keiko’s and Yashu’s small community. His boots echoed with every step down the pavement. A dog could be heard barking somewhere in the distance. His identity was shrouded with a cloak black as night. A hood was tightly around his head, to hide his face and hair color. He was searching for someone; someone who was the important key of the reason why he, and a few others, ended up in this new and foreign world. His orders were to seek and destroy.

He stopped under a flickering, dying street lamp and looked around at the sleeping community. Not a soul stirred. Everyone was asleep. A smile played around the figure’s cheek. He glanced up at the dying light. It was very irritable to him. He raised a hand up towards it. Instantly, the light finally died out, leaving the figure in darkness on the small corner. He sneered. He looked up at all the street lights that were shining brightly without failure down the street. He raised his hand up again. Simultaneously, all the lights died without any warning. The street was now in total darkness.

Satisfied, he summoned a dark portal. Dark, shadow light things started pouring out of the vast gateway. They formed a line in front of their commander, and patiently waited for instructions. He looked down at each one of them. Finally, he spoke.

“Seek the one who holds the key… Only attack those who are allied with the keyblade bearer.†He gave the signal, and the dark creatures disappeared into the night to accomplish their command. He stood there on the streets for a few more moments, and then disappeared into a dark portal himself. Leaving no trace nor evidence that he was there. So he thought…

Keiko laid on her back, in her dark bedroom wide awake. Well, it wasn’t completely dark. The street lamp shone through her dark blue curtains in her room. On some nights it was really annoying, but other nights, like this one, was perfect. Something was bugging her badly. It was a feeling like something evil was around, she didn’t know what though.

“It was just that creepy book I was reading earlier,†she mumbled to herself. “My imagination is running wild again…â€

She inhaled and turned her face towards the wall. Suddenly, something flickered, and then it became completely dark. Keiko’s eyes went wide. “Did the power go out?†She sat up in her bed, and saw her alarm clock. It was on.

“That’s strange…†She sat up in her bed. Something was up. She got off her bed with ease, and approached the window slowly. Her imagination told her that if she opened the curtain, a face would be right there. She shook her head.

“Come on, Keiko. Get a grip.†She reached for the curtains and pulled them open. It was pitch black outside.

“I wonder what happened…†She let her eyes wander on the world below her. It was then she saw a figure. He was hard to spot, because he blended in the shadows and the darkness with his black hooded cloak. But Keiko could see him, but just barely. He looked around for a bit, and then suddenly, he vanished from sight. Keiko blinked her eyes, rubbed them for a bit, and then looked outside. He was gone.

“I’m seeing things,†she said trying to reassure herself.

She closed the curtains little by little and then headed back to bed. She sat on it, but didn’t lie back down. The darkness was creeping her out. What was going on exactly? She brought her knees up to her chest and let her eyes dart back and forth to quickly scan things. Was she having a nightmare? Keiko pinched herself. “Ow…†No, she wasn’t dreaming. She sighed out. Why was she afraid?

A small scraping noise suddenly made itself known. Keiko’s eyes went wide in fear.

Scratch, scratch.

Keiko looked around. She didn’t see it what was making that noise or know where it was coming from.

Scratch, scratch.

Keiko grabbed for a tennis racket that was close to her bedside and held it in both hands. The sound was coming from under her bed. She gulped. “Perfect place for a mouse to hide… I hate mice.†She turned on her bed light, and listened.

Absolute silence.

Suddenly, her light flickered and the light unexpectedly went out. Keiko was in darkness again. She looked over to her lamp.

“Funny, I changed the light bulb yesterday.†Keiko was starting to get terrified. She steadily scooted to the edge of the bed and look down to the floor. Nothing was there. She growled at herself.

“Stop acting like a five year old. There are no monsters under the bed…†She forced her legs to swing over the edge once more and planted one foot on the ground.

Suddenly, something lashed out and grabbed on her ankle. Keiko shrieked and swung the tennis racket downward onto the attacker’s head. It let go, and Keiko jumped to the middle of the room. She held the tennis racket in her hands tightly. So tight in fact, her knuckles started turning white. She was panting in fear as she watched for the attacker to come out from under the bed. Her heart pounded in anticipation and horror. The thought of Yashu being under there just to surprise her came into mind.

“It’s not funny, Yashu! Come out from under there and show yourself!†Something did started coming out, but it wasn’t Yashu. Actually, it wasn’t a human being at all. Shadowy like creatures, one by one, crawled out of hiding. They looked up at her with beady little yellow eyes.

Keiko was frozen in horror. Finally, Keiko willed herself screamed out as loud as she could and bolted to the door. She tried to pull it open, but the door stuck fast. She then remembered that she locked it. She always did, it was an old habit.

The creatures behind her came to her inch by inch towards her, slowly crouching down to pounce.

Keiko unlocked the door in desperation and slipped outside her room as swiftly as she could and slammed the door behind her. The creatures hit against the door one after another, until there were no sounds. Keiko leaned on the door panting and taking in deep breaths. The hallway was really shadowy and silent. Suddenly Yashu’s bedroom door came flying open, and Yashu and Sora ran over to the alarmed Keiko. Yashu took Keiko by the shoulders.

“Keiko, what happened? Are you hurt? Why did you scream?†Yashu was truly worried about his sister. Keiko looked up at him. She looked white as a ghost. She took in a deep breath.

“Okay, I might sound like a lunatic, but there were shadow creatures. Shadow creatures with big yellow eyes, and they look so cute but they attack me!â€

Yashu cocked an eyebrow. “Keiko, what are you talking about? What shadow creatures?â€

Sora’s eyes went wide. He knew exactly what Keiko was describing. “Heartless? Here?! How did that happen?â€

Something was forming under Keiko’s feet. Sora looked down. A shadow heartless was forming. He grabbed Keiko’s hand and pulled her out of the way. The heartless formed and looked up at them. More of its buddies were coming around the first one. Sora looked back to the others. “They’re called heartless, creatures without hearts. At least these ones are the easy ones! Stand back though.†Keiko and Yashu stepped out of the way. Sora summoned his keyblade, Kingdom Key, without delayed, and took a fighting stance. Yashu and Keiko were shocked.

“What… is that?†Yashu said pointing to the keyblade.

“I’ll explain later,†said Sora over his shoulder.

He swung his keyblade down on the group of shadow heartless. Some jumped out of the way, and some didn’t. Sora swung is keyblade in the cramped hallway. Keiko watched in amazement. That weapon was taking out the heartless like it was nothing, and Sora was doing a really great job fighting in the tight area. Soon, the fight was over. Sora rested the keyblade on his shoulder and smirked. He then turned to the siblings.

“I think it’s over,†Sora said. Yashu and Keiko were dumbfounded.

“Wow! I never saw anything like it before!†Yashu said while looking at the key. Keiko didn’t say a word. A door at the end of the hallway abruptly opened. Keiko’s mom came out with a confused expression on her face. She still had her clothes on too.

“Hey, what’s going on? You guys sure made a lot of…†She saw Sora’s keyblade. She looked at the three teenagers. “Okay… what’s going on?†All of them looked down uneasily. She put her hands on her hips. “Come on, what’s up?â€

Keiko looked up. “Mom…†Sora saw something behind their mom and charged forward with speed.

“Duck!†Sora pushed Mrs. Kipper to the ground and the other two siblings duck as a huge fire ball soared over their heads. It slammed at the other end of the hallway with a huge explosion. Mrs. Kipper wasn’t too happy.

“Hey! No throwing fireballs in my house!!!â€

Sora looked up. It was a wizard heartless. Behind that one were a couple of shadow and soldier heartless.

“Come on!†Sora stood up. “Yashu, get everybody out of here!†Yashu didn’t hesitate and came over and helped his mom up. Mrs. Kipper looked at the creatures for a brief moment and then ran with Yashu down the hallway. Keiko stood up as Yashu and her mom ran by her. She gaped at the heartless. Yashu stopped at the top of the stairway to look back at his sister.

“Keiko! Hurry up!!†Keiko turned and ran towards her brother. The small family ran downstairs while Sora was holding off the heartless upstairs. They finally made it to the living room. Keiko was a little ways from her mom and brother. Her brother and mom made it to the front door. Suddenly a black cloud raised up in-between her and her family.

“Yashu!†A dozen shadow heartless cut her off from reaching the front door. Yashu and Mom spun around to see Keiko trapped.

“Keiko!†they both shouted at once. Yashu grabbed a cane that was resting on the coat rack. He was about to come to her aid, when suddenly more shadows appeared in front of him and his mom, cutting them off from Keiko.

“Gah! How do they do that?!†Yashu was having enough of this. It was getting very annoying. Mom reached from the coat rack and grabbed an umbrella. She looked at it.

“Hm… not my weapon of choice, but oh well!†Yashu and his mom started swinging at the heartless.

“Get out of the way!†Yashu shouted. He swung his weapon forcefully onto the heartless, but it was taking any effect. Sure, they got a solid hit, but it didn’tinflict damage on them at all.

Keiko was backed into a corner. The shadow heartless slowly edged towards her while crouching. Keiko held her tennis racket in both of her hands, ready to swing at the first heartless who dared to jump out and attack her. The shadow heartless paused, and then they jumped all at once. Keiko wasn’t expecting this at all and shrieked. She held out the tennis racket for some protection.

Yashu looked over from where he was fighting, and to his horror, saw the heartless make their move. “KEIKO!â€

It was like things were in slow motion. Keiko was backed up against the wall, waiting for the heartless to finish her off. Sora probably wouldn’t make it in time. He was occupied with the ones upstairs. Keiko closed her eyes… and then waited. All wasn’t lost, nevertheless.

Oooo.... what's going to happen next? Okay, I'm going to be gone on a trip for a long while and I might not post the next chapter soon. I'm not dead though, and I promise to finish this story. Thanks again for the feedback guys!

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

Woo hoo! Another chapter completed.... Sorry it took forever to write guys, I had a lot of things popping up and I didn't have time to write. Well... now I got it done! Yeah! Not the story of course, just another chapter. This one is kind of short in my opinion, but it's better then nothing, right? :D

Chapter Six:

“Take this!!!†Sora unleashed the final blow and the final move to his combo attack. The heartless he was fighting suddenly froze… then disappeared in a cloud of black dust, their hearts floating above the dark mist for a few seconds and afterward vanished from sight.

Sora panted and stayed in his fighting stance for a few more seconds. Seeing that no more heartless were popping out of no where, he stood up straight, and looked around the hallway. He let out a low whistle.

“What a mess…†Black burnt spots dotted the walls and ceiling, and ice from the blizzard attacks started melting, creating small puddles on the floor. Sora sighed. Suddenly, a piece of ceiling insulator fell from above in front of him. He cringed. Usually when he fought in other worlds, it didn’t create such a big mess as this. Sora looked down at the fallen ceiling piece and sighed.

“Oh well…â€

That’s when he heard a scream.

Sora turned around and looked toward the staircase. He gripped his keyblade.

“I hope they’re okay,†he thought. He made a mad dash toward stair case, keyblade raised and ready to strike down any heartless that would get in his way. Behind him, a ceiling light fell, dangling by its wires as it flashed and buzzed. Finally, it died with one last pathetic flicker.

Keiko let out a scream as the heartless lunged at her.

Keiko’s mind was silent. She didn’t know what to think. Will it hurt when they finally get their hands on her? Or would it be painless? She was frightened to death what the outcome was going to be...

All of a sudden, it was totally silent. So silent, she didn’t hear the commotion anymore. All she heard was her breathing. Under her eye lids, Keiko saw that it became brighter. Being very curious now, she slowly opened her eyes. She gasped.

The teenager was in a blank, white… she couldn’t even tell if she was in a room or not.

“Where…. Where am I?†her voice echoed all around her. She looked down at her hand. The tennis racket she was holding earlier was gone. Fear and peace fought between each other in her mind and in her heart. Keiko looked around, hoping that she wasn’t alone.

“Yashu?... Mom?... Sora? Anybody here?!â€

Silence met her ears.

Keiko looked down and sighed. Thoughts were crisscrossing her mind.

“Did I… die?†she questioned mentally. Keiko shook her head. She wouldn’t allow herself to believe it.

You didn’t die, a voice answered her.

“AH!†Keiko jumped. “Who’s there?!â€

The mysterious voice sighed. So much to do… so little time.

Keiko raised an eyebrow. Who was talking to her? Where was she anyways?

The voice continued, You are one of the chosen ones.

The brunet was more confused then ever. One of the chosen ones?

“What are you talking about?†she asked the voice. She took one step forward.

Suddenly, she heard something crack under her foot. She gasped and tried to take a step back, but it was too late. The white floor suddenly shattered under her; white shards scattered into a million pieces. She screamed as she fell forward into the dark abyss below her.

Don’t be afraid, the voice echoed in the darkness. The light will always be with you.

There was a brilliant flash of light, and the voice was suddenly gone.

Keiko found herself stumbling back in the living room. She lost her balance and fell to the floor. Something clinked beside her, resting under her hand where the tennis racket was. She groaned and slowly sat up.

“Keiko!†Sora , Mrs. Kipper, and Yashu both ran over and kneeled beside her.

“You okay?†Sora asked with a concerned tone.

Keiko slowly looked up at them. They looked a little fuzzy to her. She felt totally exhausted and extremely tired for some reason. Her head pounded with a splitting headache. She swallowed and finally spoke.

“What happened…?†She brought her left hand up to her head to ease the headache.

“You were getting attacked by heartless,†Yashu explained quietly. “Suddenly there was this flash of light and you were gone. The heartless vanished too.â€

“Then a few seconds later, you came back,†Mrs. Kipper said finishing off Yashu’s story.

“A few…. seconds?†Her mind was feeling to comprehend anything. Suddenly her vision started clouding over, and everyone was disappearing in black. Her ears were ringing wildly.

“Somebody catch her, she’s gonna-!â€

And then she fell into unconsciousness.

A hooded figure stood not too far from Keiko’s home. He knew the mission to get rid of the keyblade bearer and his allies were both a complete failure and a total success.

“Hphm….†He saw his heartless vanish in a luminous light as they lunged toward one, helpless girl. She vanished out of sight too. Seconds later, she returned with what it looked like a keyblade.

“This is quite interesting,†the hooded figure said. He raised up his right wrist to look at it, and pulled his sleeve away. There, on his wrist, was a communication device. Something he and the others found use for, to communicate quickly. He raised his other hand to press a button on the side of the gadget.

“Superior,†he said speaking into it.

“What is it now, number II?†a deep voice questioned statically through the speaker.

The hooded figure continued, “The mission was a failure, but I think we found another keyblade bearer.â€

There was silence on the other end for quite some time. Maybe his leader didn’t receive the message properly, the hooded figure reasoned. He pressed the button again.

“Superior?â€

There was more silence. Then the voice crackled on the device.

“Keep an eye on the new keyblade bearer. They won’t leave Sora’s side until they know how to make use of the keyblade,†the voice instructed. “They will be with diminutive ability. If they seem to be a threat to our plan… exterminate them instantly.â€

The hooded figure stood there, chewing on the words his leader gave him. He clicked on the device again. “I will keep an eagle eye on them.â€

“Good…†the voice said. “Do not fail me.â€

The hooded figure let his hands drop down to his side. He looked bak up at the house. He sneered under his hood. “This is going to be like a game of cat and mouse…â€

Like I said, it's short and sweet, but I will be more creative with the other chapters. Hoped you like it! And I'll update another chapter soon! :)

15. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Keiko! Whoa, I'm in love with her character for some reason. Keep it up, and post more soon!

16. Styx That's me inside your head.

I've read half of the chapters so far. It's a really interesting story (some typos here and there but I don't mind). You should definitely keep this up and I will keep reading!
    :)

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

Something I wanted to say first: Wow! Thanks guys for the feedback, it really gets me going. :D I wasn't expecting this many comments. Alright, here's what you've all been waiting for, Chapter Seven is here!

Chapter Seven

Kairi laid on the bed, in one of the guest rooms, in Tyler’s apartment. It was comfortable, she guessed. The sheets weren’t too scratchy and the mattress was soft enough. The bed did squeak and when she moved on the bed, but it really didn’t bother her one bit.

She wasn’t tired at all; she was too thrilled to be in another world, finally starting a real adventure with her friends too. A flash back entered her mind.

She was at the World That Never Was, standing along side Riku. Riku looked exactly like Xhanort’s heartless because he used the power of darkness to win a certain battle. He summoned a keyblade and handed it to Kairi.

“Here.â€

Kairi took it and admired the craftsmanship. It was beautiful. “This time, I’ll fight.†She swung her keyblade downward. “Come on Riku,†she said over her shoulder to him. “You know Sora is hopeless without us.†She charged forward and started swinging her keyblade at the Shadow Heartless.

Then Kairi was suddenly brought back to reality when she thought of her spiky haired friend.

“Sora…†Kairi said quietly. She looked at the bare wall and stared at the shadows. A police siren wined somewhere not too far away. She listened to it for a while as memories of Sora entered her mind. Soon, the police siren faded off in the distance. The red head sighed out quietly. “Where are you? Are you…?†She trailed off. No, he couldn’t be dead, she decided. He’s probably in a different place making new friends this very minute. She curled up in a ball. “I hope so anyways…â€

Kairi rolled over and looked out the window. She couldn’t see the stars at all. The sky was pitch black. This world was so much different from her home at Destiny Islands. At night, she could hear the waves lapping on the beach and the palm trees rustling in the wind from her open bedroom window. When she would look up in the sky, the stars would be twinkling bright and dotted the heavens. Here, in this part of the world, car horns honked loudly, dogs barked, and police sirens would come on every ten minutes or so. Plus, San Francisco was huge compared to all the other small settlements Sora told her about. Kairi felt somewhat homesick at the moment.

“This is how Sora probably felt once in a while,†she contemplation. “I’ll get use to it soon…â€

Her blue eyes scanned the buildings on the other side of the alleyway. Then her eyes caught something on the roof. Something was standing there… watching her. Something or someone. They were clothed in a black… Kairi bolted into a sitting position on the bed.

“The Organization?!†she questioned out loud. When she looked carefully again, nothing was there. The roof top was empty. Kairi gradually relax. She concluded that she was just seeing things. Nothing was there. But a certain feeling tugged deep down inside her heart. It was the kind which you could either overlook it or pay attention to it. She decided to pay attention to it.

“I’ll tell Riku in the morning,†she said softly to herself. Just in case there was somebody there, Kairi pulled the curtains together so that the outside world was blocked from any onlookers.

Kairi laid back on the bed and it gave a small squeak. Her back was to the window now. She took in a deep breath and gradually let it out. Now she couldn’t sleep for sure. What if it was the Organization? She tried to quiet her thoughts so she could at least get a little bit of sleep.

“Just try…†Kairi closed her eyes. Memories of Sora played like a lullaby in her mind, and little by little, she drifted off to sleep…

Keiko was having a dream.

She heard little children laughing and could hear the waves of a beach lapping on the shore. Nothing else was clear. The images were fuzzy. She could see several kids running around. Two of them stuck out like a sore thumb; one was a boy, the other was a girl. She thought she recognized both of them.

The dream flashed to a different scene.

The kids were playing hide and seek now. The little boy she saw earlier was it. Everybody ran off in different directions. The tiny girl ran off somewhere else, and Keiko somehow knew that she was restricted to go in that area. She was laughing and giggling silently as she climbed up what it seemed a small cliff.

The dream suddenly changed again.

It was now very dark in the dream. Pitch black to be in fact. There wasn’t the slightest noise. Suddenly, she heard a scream that echoed in the dream. It wasn’t the fun scream that little kids make while playing… it was a scream of terror that racked the very bottom of her soul.

Keiko moved in her sleep, and muttered something incomprehensible.

Sora looked over at her.

The dream took a strange turn…

Keiko was now the little girl. She slowly opened her eyes. Everything was really blurry. She looked up slowly and saw three figures. She could see one of them turn around and look at her. It was a red hair. The figure smiled a little and looked down at the shorter figure at their side.

“You did great.â€

The smaller figure beamed up at the red hair. Then she took the third figure’s hand.

“Come with us. You’re-â€

Then the dream suddenly faded to black.

Sora was shaking Keiko. “Keiko, hey wake up!â€

Keiko groaned a little and then her eyes snapped open. Her ears met the noise of a roaring car engine. She looked around at her surroundings. She was moving in a car. It was still night, and the car lights reflected off the road. Keiko rubbed her eyes.

“What…?†she asked sleepily.

Sora sighed out in relief. “It looked like you were having a bad dream. So I woke you up…â€

Keiko looked over at him. “Oh…†She yawned and stretched out.

“How are you feeling?†Sora asked quietly.

“Better I guess… but really tired.†She yawned once more.

Sora laughed a little. “Hey! Yawns are-†He yawned too, “…contagious.â€

Keiko smiled a little.

Yashu looked through the rear view mirror from the driver’s seat. “You’re awake then.†He smiled and looked back at the road.

Keiko looked up at her big brother, then back to Sora. “So… how did I get here? And where are we going?†She looked down at herself and realized she was covered with a blanket. She took it off of her.

Sora started the story. “Well, after you fell unconscious, we decided it wasn’t safe for you to be at your house.â€

Keiko raised her eyebrows. “Safe? What was-?â€

Sora brought out something that was wrapped in another blanket. He took the cover away. “This.â€

A keyblade shinned in Sora’s hands.

Sora looked at Keiko. “Here, it’s yours.†He handed it to her.

Keiko took it and looked at it. “Mine? But… how?†She turned it over to get a closer look at it.

The spiky haired boy smiled. “The keyblade chose you to be its wielder. I’m a keyblade master too.†He summoned the keyblade he used to fight the Heartless in Keiko’s home. “See?†He unsummoned it.

Keiko looked up from her keyblade at Sora. “But, I don’t what to do with it.â€

Sora laughed. “No worries! I’ll teach you.†Sora smiled at her.

Keiko smiled back. “Thanks Sora.â€

“No problem.†Sora couldn’t wait to teacher her how to use the keyblade. Keiko was going to be his first student.

Yashu looked in the rear view mirror at his sister. “And to answer the question of where we’re going, we’re going to meet up with Tyler and the rest of Sora’s friends.â€

Keiko looked at her brother. “You mean he found all of them?â€

Yashu grinned and looked back at the road. “Yep, all of them.â€

Keiko was glad that Sora’s friends were safe and sound. “So… why didn’t Mom come?â€

“She’s going to hold down the fort back at home,†Yashu said while driving.

Sora nodded his head. “If she came with us that would’ve put your mom in danger. We’re going to be facing a lot of heartless…â€

The keyblade suddenly unsummoned out of Keiko’s hand. She looked down at her hand. Just to think, her life changed all in a few hours. Fate was kind of funny that way…

Keiko was still confused why she was tagging along with them. Sora sensed her thoughts.

"Since heartless came at your house, they could be appearing in other places too. Everybody who possesses the keyblade is needed for this battle."

Keiko nodded her head to show that she understood.

Sora relaxed in his seat and folded his arms. Why did the heartless appear? There had to be a source of where they were coming from. Heartless just didn't appear out of the blue for no reason.

Keiko looked up to the front window. Unexpectedly, she thought she saw something in the road. The shadow figure just stood there as a deer in headlights. Then again, it seemed pretty calm…

“Yashu, watch out!â€

Yashu saw the figure and slammed on the breaks. He then swerved the car safely off the road. The car hauled to a sudden stop off the road.

Yashu turned to look at his two passengers. “Everybody okay?â€

Sora slowly sat back up. “I’m okay.â€

Keiko nodded her head. She turned quickly to look out of the rear window of the car. Nobody was standing there. The road was vacant. Keiko thought she was going crazy. She saw the same figure outside of her house, just before the heartless attacked.

Yashu looked to where his little sister was looking. “Yeah, I thought I saw something too.â€

Keiko looked back at her brother. “But… where did they go? Who was it?â€

Yashu shook his head slowly. Sora was being very quiet.

Keiko looked at him. “Sora, do you know who it was?â€

Sora nodded his head while looking down at the floor. The question he had about the heartless earlier was answered. “Yeah… I thought I got rid of them long time ago…†He looked at the two siblings. “They’re called Organization XIII…â€

Eh... not a very exciting chapter, more of a filler then anything. The reason why I put Kairi's side of the story in is because... well... it's fun to see how each Kingdom Heart characters react to the real world. And yes, there are probably many grammar and spelling errors, but I always over look them... meh... Thanks again guys for the feedback! Chapter Eight is being worked on now by the way...

18. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

don't worry about the filler it's still good.

19. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Are you kidding? That chapter was awesome! There were a few grammer mistakes, but still, I liked how you had Kairi's part in there. It was all very well written.

20. nobodynerd100 Traverse Town Homebody

this is a good kingdom hearts in the real word story
    Questions
    1.is it the same organization 13 from chain memories and kh2
    2will all the members of organization 13 be in the story?
    I'm a huge organization 13 fan.