Parents try to see baby on Ebay

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sexy Sheva, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Sheva Banned

Parents try to sell baby on Ebay

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05/24/ebay.baby.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

>:
    That's so horrible
    I hope they get life in prision D:

2. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

see...sell*

and lol that's sick,but its funny that the parents are stupid enough to do something like this.Life in jail isnt really worth something like that.Maybe pay some type of fine and have them monitored and such.

3. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

4. libregkd -

5. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

6. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Oh come on, no way in hell would they have been being serious,

would they? D:

7. Sexy Sheva Banned

that's what scares me ;_;

It's surprising on what parents will do to babies these days D:

8. Arc Kingdom Keeper

yeah....life in jail is a bit much...simply put them on a list of people that commit crimes against children, and monitor them

I wouldnt put it past some people.

9. libregkd -

10. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

11. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

CtR you wouldn't believe the kind of people out there.The Fritzl case for example.That guy raped his daughter of a daily basis and fathered 6 children, one of which died.He left two upstairs and the others in that basement.The things people put on eBay.One australian is selling his entire life and it's going for $26,000!!!!!

12. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

And jeez, why is this so bad, when people sell their souls, nuclear devices, cadavers, and slaves on eBay. Most of them are jokes, but still.

13. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Are you kidding me? That mother must have a horrible sense of humor. Selling your kid is no laughing matter. That's just awful that there are people like that out there.

14. Laurence_Fox Chaser

That's what I was going to say Cin. I saw some guy who posted his soul up on ebay for around the equivalent of a US dollar.

I hardly believe they were being serious at the time. Ebay's might be serious to some but to others it is just a form of entertainment. Like Youtube.

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

There are no words that can explain how messed up that is. :mellow:

16. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    As with what Laurence n' Cin said, it was probably a joke. If it wasn't a joke and the parents were the kind of sick people that wanted to sell a child, why in the hell would they do it on eBay where anyone can see it and it's going to get reported? It was obviously something to entertain them. People sell crazy stuff on ebay. They probably just wanted to see what would happen and if anyone would bid. I'm sure they didn't expect people to take it seriously.

Oh, and cupcake, you can edit the title of your thread, you're premium.

17. Repliku Chaser

I'm pretty sure the parents were just playing around. If they were baby trafficking, they would have put the baby up for a lot more than the measly $1.57 amount they had. It's a big black market and that baby would go for a couple thousand at least. Also, they said it was a joke and look how the ad is written. There's nothing showing they were really serious and I think it's rather overreacting on the parts of the authorities, though I can see the reasons. At most I'd just give them a warning and have them monitored to make sure the child grows up fine after ensuring the parents do not have ties to child trafficking. I'd say investigate and if nothing comes up, leave them alone. No one should go to jail for this if it was just a stupid joke.

18. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

THat's messed up! Why!!!!???? Why would they do this!!?!?!?!?!?!? Money?! Freedom?! What?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

19. Maka Albarn It's called love

That's really odd... I mean, why would they do that anyways? Yeah to play a pratical joke, but still that is pretty stupid!

20. Dredica SNES was the best.

That's kinda...weird, brings back memories of that video on youtube where the indian people where throwing babies off of buildings for good luck. BTW love your sig Cin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.