Beginning of Destiny: The Rise of No. XIII

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Allstargamer, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Beginning of Destiny
    The rise of No. XIII

Prologue: The meeting in the wasteland

A deathly silence has fallen on Maleficent's castle, which has become the center of Hollow Bastion's recent History. Life stirs in the barren world that exists outside the castle walls. A figure Cloaked in a black coat stands alone on a ridge that oversees. If the world were not barren, if the people of this once great world weren't wiped out or driven away, they would never have known that inside the castle, a young boy is confronting who he believes to be his best friend. That is, nobody except the cloaked figure. As he stands there, silently watching their destinies, and his unfold; five other black cloaked beings emerge from dark gates. After a pause, the first cloaked figure speaks to the others, breaking the crushing silence.

“I thought I told you not to disturb me.” The first figure said in a cold and unfeeling voice that could chill one’s heart. With some hesitation, the figure farthest left steps forward and removes his hood, revealing the face of a young man roughly the age of 21. He has short, light blue hair that contrasts his dark colored apparel. He starts to speak in an emotionless tone, different from the first figure’s, in that it was the kind that would be used in business to make one appear professional.

“We just thought that you would want an update, lord Xemnas. As per your instructions, Xigbar and Xaldin have been harvesting hearts to add to our 'project.' Lexeaus has managed to harvest some hearts while he, Vexen and I have been over looking the construction of Castle Oblivion. While it was a sizable amount, it won't push us towards completing the project ahead of schedule. In fact, it looks like we won't be finished until ten years after our ten year deadline. Also, we--”

“Zexion” The first figure, now confirmed as Xemnas, says sharply, interrupting the youth. He has yet to turn his gaze towards the others.

“Y-Yes, lord Xemnas?” Zexion replies, a quiver in his voice.

“Why does it take five members of the organization to accomplish a task that one alone would suffice?”

Zexion falls silent, unsure of how to answer his superior’s question. After a long pause of silence, the figure farthest to the right of Xemnas, Xigbar, removes his hood, revealing a man with long, scraggily hair made up into a pony tail with a rubber band. He has an eye patch across his right eye. Xigbar speaks up, loudly and profusely.

“We came to ask you why you aren't down there!”

“This old record again?” Xemnas asks with a hint of annoyance. “Enough. I will hear nothing more of this. I have made my decision.”

The cloaked figure to the right of Xigbar pulls back his hood and revealing a man with long, black, cascading hair that has been meticulously made into braids. Anybody who knew him would instantly recognize him as Xaldin. He pleads to Xemnas, urging him on.

“You are being given something that all of us can only dream about! The chance to regain their heart! Their original Heart! You can be complete again! Why can't you see that?”

“I said Silence!” Xemnas asserted, his anger starting to rise.

The Figure to the right of Zexion already has his hood down by now. He has long straight hair that is as tan as the dessert sun. The smells of the chemicals that occupy his lab cling to his coat. Vexen starts to articulate, more from his own fascination of the possibilities of what lie before them than with any real concern for his superior.

“And from a pure scientific stand point, you are passing up a rare opportunity! If we could just capture your Heartless, We can study it! We can find the location of our Heartless, and to purify a heart without the use of a Keyblade! We can even find a way to stay in control, to not allow our hearts, to allow Xehanort, Braig, Dilan, Even, Aeleus and Ienzo to be the truth! We, Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Zexion can become the Truths!”

Silence!” Shouted Xemnas, his patience running thin.

“Lord Xemnas, we just want---“ Zexion pleads.

SILENCE!" Xemnas raged. His voice rings out with such anger and malice as it echoes off the canyon walls. He turns around and faces the others. While he has yet to take off his cowl, they still remember the fear that his gaze wrought when they were still capable of feeling, and they remember the power that is backed up by that gaze. They all remember why his word is absolute. The echoes die out, and xemnas’s anger subsides and he composes, returning him to the cold, unfeeling creature that he truly is. He then speaks with the authority that has made him the superior, the absolute ruler of all Nobodies.

“Now, I will not hear any more of this. All of you will return to your posts. My word is final.”

“Yes, Lord Xemnas.” The five chant in unison, and they leave the same way they came, each one summoning a Door of Darkness and leave to carry out the will of the Organization. All leave, save for one. He lowers his hood and reveals an aged man with spiky, dark red hair. He stands there gazing at Xemnas.

“If you have something to say, say it Lexaeus.” Xemnas ordered.

“I just want you to know that I think you are making a mistake.” Lexaeus stated.

“Maybe so.....” Xemnas turns and locks eyes with Lexaeus, lowering his hood to reveal a man with dark skin, long, silver hair, and a face that reveals that he is stern in his convictions.

“But it's my mistake to make.”

“Very well.” Lexaeus replies. He opens his gate and leaves, silence falling over the dessert once more. Xemnas once again turning his gaze to the castle below. After a while, Xemnas speaks, as if to some unseen witness of their meeting.

“Don’t insult me. I know you have been waiting just inside the corridor just after they arrived. Tell me Saix, do you plan to criticize me on my actions?”

Saix appears from a dark corridor. He has long silver hair and a scar in the shape of an x across his face. He immediately assumes a defensive posture with his arms behind his back as a sign of loyalty towards Xemnas

“It’s not my place to criticize you, Xemnas. I will follow you regardless of your choices. Although, it does raise the question as to why you would not seize such an opportunity.” Saix inquires.

Xemnas falls silent. His stern face and gaze falls soft as if he has become lost in his own thoughts. Fearing that he somehow offended him, Saix tries to apologize “Forgive me, Xem---“

“It is amazing, isn’t it? That a Heartless like my counterpart even exists? “

“Xemnas?” Saix asks, not even bothered by the fact that he was interrupted. Xemnas turns his gaze to the setting sun, and looks like he is lost in profoundly deep thoughts. Without looking at Saix, he begins to speak.

“Early after the foundation of the Organization, Vexen and Zexion performed a study on the number of Nobodies that exist. They estimated that roughly three billion, two hundred and twenty five million, five hundred thousand Nobodies in existence. Since not all beings produce a Nobody when they become a Heartless, their numbers are supposed to be infinitely greater. Billions and trillions of Heartless, and only one like Xehanort. That is what happens when shed your body and soul so you can give your heart willingly, unyieldingly to the Darkness.”

“I get it now.” States Saix, his hand to his chin, as if he came to some divine understanding. “Your heart wasn’t consumed by Darkness, you were cast away. Abandoned.”

Xemnas turns and locks his eyes with Saix. His cold eyes and stern face have returned with even greater resolve than it did before.

“Yes. And if my heart prefer to be without me, than I will become real without it! For all Nobodies, I will lead us all to Kingdom Hearts, where all Nobodies can truly exist!”

Saix chuckles maliciously as he says “And I will strike down anyone who thinks they can stand in your way.”

“We’ll see.” Xemnas grinned . “Why are you here anyway Saix? You wouldn’t break orders unless it is of importance.”

“I have Axel stationed at Twilight Town for any interesting developments. And the spells that will summon any Heart released from a Heartless by a Keyblade are almost complete. Pretty soon, we will be able to streamline the production of our 'project.'” Saix Replied.

“Perceptive, anticipating my orders like that. It is because of this that you are my second. Thank you, Saix. You are dismissed.”

“Thank you, Xemnas.”

“Oh, and before you go, I have one more order for you.”

“Yes my liege?

“Add one more throne to the meeting chamber. I have a feeling that Organization XII will be changing its name to Organization XIII before the end of the day.”

“Of course.” Answered Saix. And with that, Saix left to carry out his tasks. Xemnas returned his gaze to the castle, and watches as a new chapter in the story of two young boys from an isolated island paradise begins, the birth of new Nobody who will have the keys of destiny in his hand, and his own Heart, carrying out its own ambitions. He watches all of this, from the ridge above the castle, Smiling as he watches Kingdom Hearts starts to fall into his grasp.

A Nobodies Choice: End.

Beginning of Destiny, Chapter 1: Births and Awakenings

Pain. So many things are associated with pain. Fighting, dying, living, and loving. Pain is a constant in all things, even birth. The pain of igniting the spark of life has been considered the most excruciating pains imaginable, Even if it is under the most conventional of circumstances.

But what of the pain of birth under the most unconventional circumstances?

He remembers once being part of someone, or something else. He was at ease. He was complete. He was whole. He remembered what life was before. Then suddenly, darkness consumes him, and he feels it tearing him away from something precious. He feels it ripping something precious out of him.

Separating that precious thing from him. Engulfing it. Consuming it. Then everything goes numb, and he feels himself floating, drifting to someplace else. He thinks of nothing. He feels empty, and begins to silently drifts away to sleep.

All of a sudden, there is light. He feels it around him, pulling him back to that precious thing. It comforts him. The warmth puts him at ease. It helps him forget the pain. It helps him forget the emptiness inside of him. It helps him forget. It helps him forget his past. It helps him forget his name…

He jolts, as he realizes that the light is pulling his memories away. He desperately tries to hold onto them, and once more he is engulfed in pain. As his memory is torn away, he once again begins to float away, but now he is thrust away. Away from the light, the darkness, and from everything he ever was. He speeds towards a distant world. With out a form, he passes countless worlds. As he nears his destination, it approaches the twilight hour, and once again he is given form. He descends; he rushes across the sky, red from the setting sun. Past the beach, past the streets, past the tower, and into the forest. He lands in a clap of thunder. The wild life scatters.

He is born, and like a newborn, he is weak.

His entire body is burning. His mind is a haze. It hurts when he tries to move.

Fighting past the pain, he struggles to his feet, and desperately starts walking towards the light of the city. Every step he takes feels like his last. He stumbles and falls aftert what seems like an eternity. He instantly falls asleep, too weak to continue. When he awakes, he will be stronger. But for now he must sleep.

Interlude:

As the last of the sunlight fades, a young boy enters the forest from the hole in the wall surrounding Twilight Town. He stomps around angrily as he scouts out wood to be used as fire wood.

“Your fault for putting it off she says. Should have done it when I asked you, she says. BULL! Why couldn’t she just get Mac to do it? He’s old enough now! I made those plans to go to the Arcade with Pence and Ollette weeks ago!”

He continues his rant, ignorant that his path is obstructed.

“God forbid that the little one should get a little exercise. Why I ottaaaAAAAAH!”

THUNK!

The young boy trips and hits the ground. Rubbing his head, he rolls over to see what he tripped over.

“What kind of jerk leaves a log with arms, legs and blond, spiky hair in the middle of the middle of the road oh MY GOD! There is a NAKED guy in the middle of the road! And pretty messed up by the looks of things. Okay, don’t worry buddy, I’ll take you to our hideout and me and the gang will take care of you!”

The young boy picks up the limp stranger and slings his arm around his shoulder and starts limping back to town, unaware that they are being watched by others with their own interest in the stranger.

Chapter 1: Births and Awakenings: End.
    -------
    For those of you who have been paying attention, I'm reposting chapter BoD with a new hook in the title in hopes to get people interested. It's the story of Roxas's life until he joins the organization, and as such the regular cast you'd see in KH fics will be absent. I'm told it gets better in latter chapters. Hope everyone decides to see for themselves! ^^;

If you're interested in the story, I'd appreciate it if you posted. I'm always happy to know when people like my work. And if you think you might have some advice that might prove useful, again, go ahead and post.

2. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Chapter 2: A Usual Spot, with an Unusual Crowd.

It is mid afternoon in Twilight Town, and the streets are bustling with life. As the citizens are going about their day, a young man darts through the crowd, moving towards a back alley that he and his friends had taken and made it into a place to call their own. It was the perfect meeting place. It wasn’t far from the street shops on Dog street, which made snack runs short and effortless, and it was only a few blocks down from the train station, making it a breeze to catch the trains to Twilight Town’s other areas. The fact the view from atop of the station’s clock tower looked over the whole town was just a bonus.

It wasn’t this prime location that he was thinking about, though. It was a mystery that fell into his lap four days ago when his mother sent him out to gather fire wood. It was a mystery that had been the source of much thought for him and his friends the last couple days. Unfortunately, he was never the type to think and watch where he was going at the same time, as he collided head first into another, sending both onto the ground.

“Why don’t you watch where you’re going?†the young man huffed as he sat up to see who he ran into. “That’s an easy way for people to really get hurt!â€

“Yes it is Hayner. So why don’t you pay attention to the road and who’s on it instead of going off in your own little world.†The large figure, already on his feet grabs Hayner by the collar of his shirt and hoists him up, feet dangling off the ground.

“SEIFER!†Hayner exclaimed! Seifer, the self appointed head of the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, was the last person Hayner wanted to run into. Seifer always had a habit of making things difficult for him.

“Seeing as this is a first time offense, I’m willing to let it slide. But if I ever hear that you run into someone like this again, I’ll be forced to take disciplinary actions.†Seifer lowered Hayner back to the ground, still holding onto his collar. Hayner immediately recognized that this is Seifer’s way of saying he still wanted to talk.

“How very kind of you†Hayner hissed. “Now, is there anything else, or are you holding me this close just because you missed me?"

“You better watch what you say, ya know?†said a large fellow, bounding up to Seifer’s side. “Seifer was thinkin’ that you and your gang might be up to somethin’, since you guys have been so quiet the last couple of days, ya know?â€

“Ah, Rai, still the brains of the bunch, aren’t you?†Hayner sneered.

Rai blushed. “Well, I did get straight D’s last semester, ya know?â€

“IDIOT.†A blue haired girl said rather frankly. She appeared suddenly next to Seifer, giving the other three a good scare.

“Hello Fuu. Still as talkative as ever, I see†Scowled Hayner, still hanging from the hem of his shirt.

“Jeez Fuu, you know I hate it when you do that.†Seifer said with a sigh. He then released Hayner’s shirt. “Anyways, it’s more or less what Rai said. I’m making sure that you aren’t going to try to cause any trouble.â€

“What, just because I haven’t been running around town, it automatically means I’m up to something?â€

“YES.†Fuu said, in that matter of fact tone of hers.

“Oh, come on! Name one time that was ever true!â€

“How bout’ that one time you put bubble bath and red food coloring in the water fountain uptown?†Rai retorted.

“Okay, I’ll admit that in the past, I have been known for my own share of deviltry, but I’m not up to anything, I swear!â€

“Alright, but if I hear anything about the sand in the Sandlot being replaced by itching and sneezing powders, I’m coming straight for you!†Seifer declared with authority. With that, he turned around and walked away, quickly followed by Fuu and Rai. Hayner waited until they turned the corner and immediately ran in the other direction. In only about a minute later, he reached the hideout, dubbed the usual spot by him and his friends. He checks over his shoulder to make sure Seifer didn’t follow, and then entered through the tattered sheets serving as the entrance.

“Hey Pence! Hey Olette!†Hayner greeted cheerfully. Pence was sitting on the radiator snacking on a turkey sandwich while reading his favorite comic book, and Olette sat in a chair next to the couch. The couch itself was occupied by a sleeping blond haired stranger.

Pence looked up from his comic book and puts it away. “Hey Hayner. What’s up?†He said with a big, friendly grin.

Olette Glared at Hayner. “Your late!†she said in a huff.

Hayner started bowing his head. “I know, I know. But I was cornered by Seifer. He thinks I’m ‘up to something’ just because I haven’t been seen in the last couple days. Man, he’s so suspicious.â€

“Well, can you honestly blame him?†Pence asked. “After you replaced the clock tower chime with a recording of farts, I think everybody in town feels safer when they know you’ve been roaming around out in the open.â€

“Who asked you?†Hayner said with an annoyed look on his face. He then turned towards Olette. “Anyways, how is our guest doing?â€

“Sleeping peacefully, just like yesterday. Mark looks like he could wake up and minute now.†Olette answered.

“Wait, Mark? Who the heck is Mark?†Hayner asked bewilderedly.

“It’s this thing that she’s been doing all morning.†Pence said, finishing off the last of his sandwich. He had pulled up another chair and sat down next to the couch. “She’s been calling him different names to see which one she thinks works best.â€

“Now that is just stupid!†Hayner exclaimed. “When he wakes up, just ask him!â€

“It’s not just about that!†Olette replied huffily as she fluffed the pillows under the stranger's head. “I thought that if he heard his name, he might wake up.â€

“That’s just absurd.†Hayner said, dismissing the notion. "He’ll wake up when he wakes up!â€

“I can see that you are as caring as ever.†Olette mocked. “Anyway, we need to get him some clothes for him to wear. He can’t just live in your PJ’s forever. And I've been thinking of this one outfit that would absolutely look great on Sora, and—“

“Hold the phone!†Hayner yelled. “Sora? Are you actually considering Sora?â€

“And why not? Sora is a great name! Besides, he looks like a Sora.â€

“No, he doesn’t. He’s not a girl.â€

“Oh, and Just because Sora sounds like a girl's name, it means it isn’t good for boys? Well I’ll have you know that Sora is a perfectly good boy’s name!â€

“No, Sora is a girl’s name!â€

“Hey, shut up you two!†Pence yelled. Hayner and Olette were so busy arguing that they didn’t notice that the stranger had moved. “Hey, Sora it’s time to wake up.†Pence whispered, gently slapping the stranger on the cheek. Slowly, the stranger opened his eyes.

“Where am I?†He sat up, still weak. Olette grabs him by the shoulder and forced him back down.

“Try not to move. You’ve been asleep for awhile now.â€

“Thanks, but who are you? Where am I?†He questions.

Pence answered before Olette and Hayner get a chance to say anything. “You’re in Twilight Town. I’m Pence, he’s Hayner, and she’s Olette. You gave us quite a scare Sora.â€

“Why are you calling me Sora?†The stranger asks.

“Isn’t that your name?†Olette asked back. “You woke up when we called you by that name.â€

“It sounds familiar, but I don’t think it is.†The stranger replied.

“Then Sora must be your girlfriend!†Hayner said mischievously with his pinky extended. He loved to pick on people.

“I don’t think that’s it either. I can’t remember anything. Who am I?â€

The stranger’s question silenced the room. Olette and Pence couldn’t think of a way to answer his question. They had never experienced anything like this. They never expected to that they were dealing with someone who had amnesia. The tension was mounting, until Hayner broke the silence. For all of his flaws, there were reasons why he’s considered the unofficial leader of the trio by the town’s folk. Dealing with people was one of them.

“You’re asking the wrong guys. You were butt naked in the woods when I found you a couple days ago. No idea how you got there.â€

“I see…†the stranger said with a sad look in his eyes.

“Aw, cheer up buddy! I’m sure you’ll get your memory back, and until then, you’re one of us!â€

“That’s a great idea!†Pence and Olette exclaimed.

“Okay, it’s getting late. We’ll deal with your memory thing another time. Right now, you need to eat and go back to sleep, or else you’ll never recover. Olette, give me a hand!â€

Olette and Hayner moved a table from the corner of the wall over beside the stranger. Olette grabs a lamp and turned it on while Pence dug through his fridge and pulled out another sandwich and a carton of milk. He then carried it over to the table.

“Hope you like tuna s and Swiss cheese!†He said as he placed the food on the table.

“Tomorrow, I want to take you shopping for some decent clothes, alright?†Olette asked.

“That’s fine, but why are you doing this for me?†The stranger pondered, rather confused.

“Simple. We have a feeling that you’re not a bad person!†Hayner answered cheerfully. And with that, the trio said good night to the stranger and left. The Stranger rather confused at this point, thought about the weirdness that had occurred during his rather short day as he ate. Once he ate the sandwich, he finished off his milk and started drifting back to sleep.

Chapter 2: End

-------
    As allways, your comments are most appreciated.

3. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Chapter Three: Dark Rendezvous

Shortly after Hayner had carried off the sleeping Stranger, another stranger, just as mysterious as the last, arrived on the scene. He looks around, inspecting the area that he had watched Hayner trot around in his anger just before carrying off the Stranger, and he thinks that it’s a good thing these long black coats make it difficult to be spotted in the dark. One of the perks of being in the Organization is that the wardrobe can be both fashionable and functional. He then picks up the bundle of sticks Hayner had dropped and picked out a choice one. With an almost blinding burst of light, the end of the stick is instantly set ablaze to light his way.

“All right, time to see where the new guy was born.†He tells himself. He then sets off in the direction that the Stranger had come from only a few minutes earlier. He shortly comes into a clearing, in the middle of which is a large impact site. He instantly thrusts the torch into the ground and places the bundle next to the crater and descends into the hole. He stands at the center and realizes the impossibility of the situation.

After some thought, he raises his arm into the air and gives a loud snap, ringing throughout the forest with the intent to summon. In response, two silver creatures slither into view as if from nowhere, their slender bodies and snake like arms twisting and bending in unnatural and unimaginable ways. Their nearly pale white leather hide greatly contrasts the black leather coat of their master. They stand before the dark robed figure, awaiting instructions.

“Okay, you, on the left. Go find Saix and tell him we have a problem with the matter we discussed. Don’t worry, he’ll know what it is. And you on the right. Go to town and get me a burger, some fries and some sea salt ice cream for dessert. I haven’t eaten anything all day.â€

After hearing their orders, the creatures disappear into the air, leaving as silent as they came. Alone again, he turns his attention to the wood, selecting choice pieces and arranging them in a teepee structure. He then immediately harvests some dried field grass and sticks it into the miniature wooden structure. Once finished, he retrieves his torch from earlier and throws it in with the dried grass, and with a wave of his hand over his creation, it immediately ignites. With the surrounding area now a glow in the light of the fire, he sits down on a log and with a sigh, he removes his hood, revealing a man that looks to be in his early twenties with small triangle tattoos under each eye, and spiky, shoulder length hair, as wild and as red as the fire. He stares into the fire and starts to lose himself in the dance of the flames.

FWUMP!

The sound of a large parcel being dropped snaps him out of his trance. He looks over and sees the creature that he sent into a town standing in front of a burlap bag. In his large, spear like hands, he holds a carton of sea salt ice cream. The red haired man walks over to the bag and looks in it, seeing four bags from Twilight Town’s premier burger joint, a stack of paper bowls, a plastic ice cream spoon, and a bag of plastic spoons. He looks at the silver being with a bewildered look on his face.

“How the hell did you lug this bag with that scrawny Dusk body of yours?†He asked, scratching his head. He then reached into the bag and pulled out one of the bags and proceeded eating. “Hey, why don’t you go scout out where the newbie is?†He asked, bread and beef crumbs spilling out his mouth. Just as soon as he had finished with his request, the Dusk slithered back into nothingness, disappearing once again.

By the time midnight had approached, the man in black had already eaten two bags worth of food and had started on preparing his dessert. He scooped some of the ice cream into the bowl gusto and vigor, and as he retrieved a plastic spoon, he began thinking of how much he loved Sea Salt ice cream before he was transformed. Just as he was about to enjoy his favorite ice cream, the Dusk slithered back into view.

“Typical†He said to himself, rather peeved. “I’m always interrupted when I’m trying to enjoy my favorite ice cream.†He sets his bowl down and concentrates on the Dusk, he stares at it with intent in his eyes, resting his chin on his interlaced fingers. After about a minute, he once again speaks.

“Okay, he’s in a back alley that was made into a hideout by a couple of kids. Good work. Now, I have one more task for you. Saix told me that this mission was top priority, handed to him straight from the boss man’s mouth. It’s been four hours since I sent your buddy to fetch Mr. ‘Top Priority’ Saix, and he has yet to show that mug he calls a face. Go see what’s taking so long.â€

With its last order, the Dusk slithers into the air and then into nothingness one final time. Relieved to be free of distractions, he once again picks up his ice cream bowl. He picks up the spoon and brings it to his lips. He drools in anticipation as he is about to taste the sweet, salty, taste that has made Sea salt ice cream beloved through out the worlds.

“Good evening Axel†a voice rang out from the air. “Am I interrupting anything?â€

Now he shows up, a very annoyed Axel thinks. He puts the spoon down and returns the bowl to the ground. Wisps of Darkness sprout out of the ground and weave a door to the plane of existence known as Betwixt and Between. Emerging from that door is the right hand of the superior, Saix, the Lunar Diviner!

“YOU’RE LATE!†Axel barked! “Do you have any idea how long I’ve been waiting!?!â€

“My apologies.†Saix stated calmly, with his arms crossed and pressed against his lower chest. The Dark Corridor that he had exited from started to slowly dissolve as Saix slowly approached Axel, still seated on the log, tending the fire. “I was… held up in certain matters.â€

Axel peers over his shoulder, analyzing his compatriot. “Whatever.†He murmured, and he then returned his gaze towards the fire.

“So, refresh my memory, Axel.†Saix said with a coy look in his eye. “What exactly is the matter at hand?â€

“The other worlds are very beautiful so far away from town.†Axel said with wonderment.

“Yes I’m sure they are. Now if we can get back on track, what exactly are you doing here? Does it have anything to do with that rather large hole?†Saix asked, still sounding rather coy.

“Think it might rain tomorrow? It’d be a damn shame if it did?â€

Saix, no longer calm, started to get irritable with Axel.

“Right. Stars. Rain. Bad thing. Now just tell me—“

“Although, if you think about it, a little rain might do this forest a world of good. When I was looking for stuff to start the camp fire with, I saw a lot of dried grass. That can’t be—“

Saix, far past annoyed with Axel dodging the questions, spun him around to look him in the eyes while holding on jerking him by the collar.

“Dude, personal space!â€

“I don’t give a rat’s ass about your personal space! Tell me what the Hell you’re doing here right now!†Saix roared his face scrunched in anger. After a few seconds of thought, Axel hoisted up one of the two remaining bags he had retrieved from the burlap sack.

“You ordered the Holly Halitosis special with extra onions and onion rings, right?â€

“THIS IS WHY I CAME ALL THE WAY TO TWILIGHT TOWN FOR?!? A STUPID SANDWICH?!?†Saix roared, enraged beyond belief. So enraged, that he almost didn’t notice the fire erupting in Axel’s unoccupied hand and solidifying into a large bladed chakram! At the last second, He managed to jump back, releasing Axel as he brought his chakram around in a horizontal swipe against the bewildered Saix, scraping him through his skin. He jumps back just out of Axel’s lunging distance, pressing a forearm against the cut across his stomach.

“Axel, what is the meaning of this!? What has brought about this betrayal!?†Saix demanded, but Axel, now on his feet, starts to laugh.

“Don’t patronize me Zexion, you limp wristed sissy!†Axel cackled, as he twirls around his chakram. He flings the bag out into the forest, as he chuckles maliciously. “I know it’s you. Drop the illusion!â€

After hearing this, Saix lowered his head, and a pale blue light enveloped his body and he began to change. His form became smaller, his physique became less defined, and his long, dark blue hair and rugged, aged features dissolve away, revealing a youth to be about 21 with short gray hair, excluding the bangs that cascade over his right eye. This was none other than No. 6 of the Organization, Zexion, the Cloaked Schemer, posing as Saix! He looked back up towards Axel, anger burning on his face.

“How did you know?†Zexion demanded, far away from the cool and calm persona that had helped him wrap hundreds of beings around his finger. “My illusion was seamless! Sight, sound, even his scent was duplicated perfectly to scream Saix!â€

“Tch, tch, tch!†Axel said, waving his finger back and forth. “You have a long way to go if you honestly believe you’ll be able to fool anyone with a trick like that! You really have got to improve your acting skills.â€

“MY ACTING SKILLS?!? What does acting have to do with anything?â€

“Everything! While your illusion was seamless, as you have said, your body language, your speech, and even your persona gave you away! Saix isn’t that well spoken, and he doesn’t cross his forearms and press them against his body like you did. And he defiantly doesn’t like to beat around the bush by asking me time consuming questions, and unless you’re the big boss, he never ever apologizes to anyone! Before you try to impersonate other people, need to learn everything about who they are. I suggest that you take that little tip and commit it to memory. Now, it’s time for you to answer my question. Where’s Saix?â€

Zexion, taking this chance to compose himself. “He’s not coming.†He stated calmly. “I intercepted the Dusk before he could get the message. But it doesn’t matter. Axel, I demand that you tell me what’s going on here! As one of the original six, my word—“

“Means jack squat!†Axel interrupted.

“What did you say?†Demanded Zexion in a low, hushed tone, his visible eye glaring at Axel.

“You heard me. Don’t think that I don’t know about how Saix bumped you out of the position of being the Boss’s right hand. I honestly can’t blame the boss for replacing you though, if the haphazard tactics from earlier tonight are anything to go by.â€

“HA-HAPHAZARD!?! REPLACED!?!†Zexion stuttered, looking as if he’d been shot.

“Why, of course! Why else would he have you babysit the lower levels of Castle Oblivion? Your methods are slow, delicate, and have a high failure rate. It’s probably your fault why the project is so far behind schedule.â€

“YOU’RE LYING!â€

“Sorry Zexy, but face facts. You’re like me now. Disposable.â€

“DAMN YOU!†Zexion yelled. He then holds out his hand and a book appeared in the same pale blue light that Zexion emitted when he dropped his illusion. “I TOLD THE SUPERIOR THAT RECRUITING YOU WAS A BAD MOVE, AND NOW I PLAN ON RECTIFYING IT!â€

“Huh, so that’s your Mad illusionist. Never seen it before.†Axel then stretched out his empty hand and fire once again erupted from nowhere and solidified into a second Chakram. He then crouches down; his feet spread apart diagonally, and crossed his arms, ready to attack.

“Let’s see how you and your Mad illusionist stand up to my Flyin’ Hellfire!"

With those words, Axel made a mad dash towards Zexion, and before he could react, was slashed into thirds, and dissolved into nothingness. Coming to a stop a few feet past where Zexion once stood, Axel looked back. “That’s it? What a crock! It shouldn’t be that easy.†he murmured. Suddenly he felt an intense, sharp pain in his lower back, as if he had been stabbed.

“It isn’t.†a familiar voice from behind stated maliciously. Axel peered over his shoulder, and to his astonishment, he saw Zexion, intact, holding a knife that had been plunged into Axel’s lower hip. With an evil sneer, Zexion twists the knife, sending a wave of pain through Axel.

“GRAAAAAH!!†Axel grunted. Fighting past the pain, Axel swings one of his chakram around and once again striking down Zexion. He then starts looking around, trying to guess where the next possible attack might have come from. It’s now that he notices a thick fog covering the clearing that he had been occupying for the last few hours.

“When the hell did this fog roll in!? Is this Zexion’s doing!?†He asked himself.

“Bingo!†Zexion’s voice chirped. Axel immediately concentrated on Zexion’s voice. It was a trait that he had picked up from the experience of being in many fights over his life. “This fog is a special illusion that distorts the senses. Not only does it reduce the victim’s field of vision to only a few feet, it also distorts the senses of smell and sound.â€

Suddenly, Axel heard the sound of an object flying through the air. He couldn’t discern what direction it or Zexion’s voice was coming from. He took a chance and ducked to the left, getting cut on the cheek by a throwing knife. He then whipped around his chakram, sending a fire ball in what he thought was the location of the knife came from.

“Nice aim. Clearly first rate.†Zexion’s disembodied voice said sarcastically. Immediately, three more throwing knives could be heard.

“SHUT UP!†Axel barked angrily as he jumped back as the knives impaled themselves into the ground. This time, Axels throws his chakram, and a few minutes the sound of wood being impaled echoed throughout the fog.

“You just threw away your weapon genius! Don’t you see that I’ve got you beat!?†This time, five knives zoom into view right in front of Axel. He back steps to dodge and as they are lodged into the ground, three more impale themselves in Axel’s body, two in the back of each shoulder, and one in the back of his thigh.

Blocking out the pain, Axel thinks of the problem at hand as he pulled out the knives. Okay, something weird is going on. I know that Zexion’s freaky fog dulls the senses, but this is too much. Those knives came from two different directions, and I know that he isn’t fast enough to throw five of those knives, and then circle around me in time to throw the three that he somehow stuck in my back and leg. Okay, it’s time for a change in tactics!

With the knives removed, Axel stands up raises his remaining chakram in the air and starts to spin it around his finger. Slowly at first, and then he starts to build up speed.

“What the hell are you doing!? Have you lost it?!†Zexion, still shrouded in his fog, demanded with suspicion of Axel’s actions.

“Maybe, maybe not. You’ll just have to wait and see.†Axel said earnest, a grin growing wider on his face.

“I think not!†Zexion replied, not wanting to give Axel a chance. With those words, a barrage of throwing knives came from every direction. Axel, now with a good idea of what his radius of sight is, started to expertly dodge the Zexion’s assault, dancing around the flying knives with a smile on face, in spite the fact that one false move would mean oblivion. Not once did he stop twirling his chakram. Eventually, his chakram wasn’t spinning around his finger as much as on top of his finger. When it reached top speed, Axel’s smile grew into a broad grin.

“Hey, Zexion! You wouldn’t happen to have an umbrella, would ya?â€

“What, why?â€

“Because it looks like it’s about to rain!â€

Axel crouches down, raises one leg extended, lowered his spinning chakram as low as he could bring it.

“Flyin’ Hellfire…â€
    The blades of Axel’s chakram erupt in fire, creating a spinning ring of fire around the outside of the metal ring. He thrusts it up into the air, sending it a mile up into the sky.

“SCORCH THE EARTH!â€

With that, the chakram sends down a barrage of fireballs into the mist, lighting up the field. The sound of explosions echoed throughout the fog.

“GAH!†Zexion yelled. Suddenly, the mist started to clear, revealing four Zexion lookalikes with all white eyes. Each of the four was holding throwing knives, and each was placed at opposite ends of the field. Scattered throughout the field were burnt patches of field grass where a fire ball had landed. The chakram that had been spinning up in the air finally started to slow down and make it’s decent. Pleased with himself, Axel jumped five feet in the air and caught his chakram while doing a triple back flip with his eyes closed, then landed in a graceful three point landing.

“Don’t get cocky, you smug son of a *****!†Zexion raved. Axel, facing away from him with his eyes closed heard Zexion stomping, which he could only have imagined in anger of Axel’s successful attack. “How the hell did you do that!? That wasn’t one of your attacks!â€

Axel opened his eyes and turned around, now being able to discern where he was, chuckling under his breath. “It’s called ‘improvisation,’ numb nuts. For a genius, you’re sure not very—“

Axel was stunned when he finally saw Zexion himself. He was standing next to Axel’s campfire stomping out a burning book that looked exactly like his Mad illusionist, which he held under his arm, and a fifth doppelganger standing right next to him. It wasn’t this bizarre sight that stopped Axel mid sentence, though. It was the objects that he was holding in each hand, particularly a bowl with half eaten ice cream in his right hand, and a spoon in his left.

“YOU JERK! YOU STOLE MY ICE CREAM!†hollered Axel, now every bit as angry as Zexion. “I WAS GOING TO EAT THAT ONCE I THORUOGHLY KICKED YOUR ASS!â€

“Oh, be silent!†Zexion said after discarding the bowl and spoon. “I’m the one who has something to be mad about!â€

“Oh, really? Why, whatever could that be?†Axel asked in a mocking tone of concern.

Zexion, fully knowing that Axel was mocking him, weighed whether or not he should explain it to Axel. However, Zexion could never pass up a chance to flaunt his intelligence, and ultimately decided that the information would do him no good. It would also buy him time to plan his next move.

“You destroyed my Mad illusionist, that’s what.â€

“Don’t give me that! Your weapon is right there, under your arm! And since when did you decide to copy off of Demyx’s shtick!â€

“It’s more than just my weapon, you moron! The Mad illusionist is an actual book. Or rather, a series of books.â€

“Series?†Axel asked with a raised eyebrow. His curiosity had gotten the better of him.

“Yes, a series. It’s a one of a kind series of books written by a leader of Radiant Garden two hundred years ago, of which I have, or had rather, every single copy. Like me, he loved to work with illusions, making them my ideal weapons. Like any Organization member, I can channel my power by using these books as an intermediate. But unlike all the others, my powers are altered based on what book I have with me. The volume you destroyed was volume number X, ‘The Mystic Mist,’ which was all about crippling your enemy’s perceptions by trapping them in a fog.â€

He took the book he had under his arm and opened it, holding his free hand over the pages. The book flashed with pale blue light, and just as it faded, the throwing knives being held by the five remaining doppelgangers disappeared, as well as the knives that had been lodged into the ground of the battle damaged field. In their place, five long swords appeared in the hands of the clones. “This is volume number XXIII, ‘Mirror Mischief!’ With it, I can create mirror images of myself and arm them any way I see fit! Now I’m going to use it to make you pay for destroying a book from my collection!â€

With that, the doppelgangers rushed towards Axel, blades raised! Axel kneeled down and held his chakram over his head, stopping the blades from reaching him, and successfully blocking the assault.

“Testy, aren’t you?†Axel patronized. He then broke through their formation, and leapt into the air, forward somersaulting five feet over the clone in front of him. On his decent, he extended his legs, slamming his heel into the back of the head of the clone, which then disappeared into thin air. Upon landing, he spun around and in a horizontal swipe, slashed two more of the clones in one move. He then slipped the chakram onto his wrist and blasted the two remaining clones with a couple firaga spells. “These things are just like you Zexy! Ugly and weak!â€

“Y-you haven’t won yet†Zexion barked, starting to get nervous. Once again, he held his hand over the pages and the book began to glow pale blue. More clones began to form in the same pale blue light.

“Oh no you don’t!†Axel warned. He then threw one more fireball, hitting the book and knocking it out of Zexion’s hand.

“NO!†Zexion cried. As the book burned, the new doppelgangers faded away. Panicked, Zexion looked over to Axel, and then the chakram impaled in the tree nearby. Axel slowly started to approach Zexion.

“What’s the matter? Summon another book. Or can you only carry two at a time?†Axel sneered. With that, Zexion ran toward the chakram.

Axel, immediately noticing Zexion’s intent, started to running toward his chakram in full sprint. “Come back here!†he hollered. Axel prided himself as being one of the fastest in the Organization, but couldn’t make up for Zexion’s head start. Zexion reached it first, and with one powerful pull, yanked it out, sending splinters flying and leaving a noticeable gash in the trunk. He then starts running towards Axel.

“I WON’T LET YOU BEAT ME!! I CAN’T LET YOU!!!†Zexion screamed at the top of his lungs, all reason cast out of his mind. He swung wildly as Axel came into range. Axel stopped just short of Zexion’s attack and with a powerful swing, knocked the chakram out of his hand and into the air, and whereby Axel’s will, dissolved back into flame. He immediately followed with a high kick to Zexion’s chin, striking him with all he had.

Zexion was sent sailing, and landed ten feet away, where then slid several feet on the slick grass, still wet from his own from his own mystic mist, until he was stopped by the foot of a new individual. Zexion crawled back and looked over at Axel, still standing where they had clashed. He was staring past Zexion with a dumbfounded and surprised look on his face, his jaw looking like it was about to fall off. Rubbing his chin in an effort to sooth the pain Axel inflicted on him, he turned around to see what who or what could render Axel in such a state.

“Ow… Who?†Zexion murmured, but as soon as he saw who it was, he gasped and leapt back. What he saw was another person wearing the same exact coat as he and Axel. He stood regally, like a king standing in front of his subjects. His long, silver hair adorned his head like a crown. His dark skin shined like bronze in the moon light, and piercing yellow eyes that would have invoked fear in the staunchest of hearts. Instantly recognizing the individual and what his presence could mean for him, Zexion cried in astonishment and fear:

“LORD XEMNAS!â€

“BOSS XEMNAS!†Axel yelled in amazement as he ran up to his superior, stopping just a few steps behind Zexion. He quickly dismissed his weapon, it evaporating back into flames. Zexion, after wiping himself off, rose to his feet, nervously waiting for Xemnas to speak. Xemnas strolled pass the two and gazed around the battle field. With the sound of the battle now a memory, the tension began to mount in the silence of the forest. A few minutes had passed with out a word being spoken. Unable to bear the tension, Axel broke the silence.

“Look, Boss, I was just—“

“Baiting a fellow Organization member into conflict†Xemnas interrupted, still facing away from the two.

“Well…†Axel muttered timidly. Desperately trying to think of a reply, and failing, he started scratching his head and looked away. Out of everyone in the Organization, Xemnas was the only one Axel couldn’t read. It scared him not being able to know what he was thinking. He looked over to Zexion, who had, for the most part, regained his composure, but still had a nervous look in his eye. His right hand had been pressed once again to his lower chest, and his left hand had been brought up to his chin, index finger resting just under his mouth. Axel new immediately that Zexion, if he could still feel fear, was scared out of his mind.

“If you don’t mind my asking,†Zexion said sheepishly, “When exactly did you get here?â€

Xemnas, still surveying the field, raised a bag into the air. Axel instantly recognized it as the bag he had discarded earlier.

Damn near the whole time, eh? That can’t be good. Axel thought to himself.

“Axel.†Xemnas said loudly to grab attention.

“A wha?†Axel grunted, caught rather off guard.

“Tricking a fellow member into battle is indeed a grave offense.†Xemnas stated quietly.

“Oh, crap!†Axel said under his breath. He glanced over to Zexion, whose posture had become relaxed due to Xemnas’s comment. He believed that he was off the hook for his actions. Axel sneered at the thought of Zexion going unpunished while he would.

“However…†Xemnas said as he turned around to look at the two. Hearing this, both of the two tensed back up. “This conflict would have never occurred if Zexion hadn’t disobeyed me.â€

Panicked, Zexion began to try to think of an excuse.

“Lord Xemnas, I can—“

“Save it.†Xemnas stated. He then looked Zexion straight in the eyes. “I am not in the mood for your excuses. Just tell me one thing. You said earlier that you ‘intercepted’ the Dusk Axel sent out. What did you mean by that?â€

Zexion’s mind began racing, desperately trying to think of an explanation that would please Xemnas, who was still glaring at Zexion. Axel, who had moved away from Zexion in order not to get involved in their dispute, started looking back and forth between the two.

“Well?†Xemnas asked, growing impatient.

“I-I…†the normally very articulate Zexion stuttered, failing at finding the words.

After a few more moments, Xemnas realized that Zexion wouldn’t be able to produce a favorable response. He closed his eyes for a moment. After a few seconds, he spoke, in a soft, empathetic voice.

“So, that Dusk no longer…exists.†He said with a soft, almost sad look on his face. Axel just starred at him. He had never seen them act anything like this. Must be an original six thing. he thought to himself.

Almost immediately, Xemnas’s stern features returned. He opened his eyes and once again glared at Zexion. He extended his right hand towards Zexion, open palm facing him.

“You do realize that I can’t let this go unpunished, Zexion.†Xemnas said in the voice of a King about to dispense punishment onto one of his unruly knights. Zexion, with fear of knowing full well what this punishment might be, attempted to plead his case.

“Lord Xemnas, Plea-“Zexion abruptly stopped. He clutched his throat with both hands and fell to his knees, eyes wide in pain.

“Axel!†Xemnas hollered. He glanced over at Axel’s direction. Axel looked back at Xemnas.

“Pay attention to what happens next, and know why I am the King of all Nobodies.†And with that, Xemnas clutched his hand, as if he were wrapping his fingers around some unseen object. Once it looked like he got a good grip, at least from Axel’s point of view, around the invisible object, Xemnas slowly retracted his arm, twisting his hand as he brought it back to his body.

This invoked a reaction of sorts in Zexion, in that as Xemnas was retracting his arm, Zexion released his neck and began to slam his fists on the ground in front of him, writhing in pain. All of a sudden, a thin mist like gas began to come off of him, and right before Axel’s eyes, Zexion began to change.

Zexion’s fingers grew longer, closing in onto each other, until they formed into spear like appendages. His feet stretched out, growing longer and thinner as his toes extend out to a point. His arms became thinner, and as they began to contort uncontrollably, his legs also began to thin out. Lastly, his waist started to shrink, as if he were being cinched by an invisible corset, cinching Zexion’s waist to impossibly small dimensions. Fighting to keep the two burgers and fries from earlier down, Axel watched on as Zexion continued changing.

Zexion watched himself alter in horror as his attire started to come alive, as it too started to change. The sleeve openings of his coat and pants shrank, and merged with his boots and gloves. The slack left from the arms of his coat and his pants shrank, fitting to his now misshapen form. As if that weren’t enough, the tail to his coat shrank to just above the hem of the pants, where they then merged, creating a one piece zipped up full body suit. As the ropes coming out of his hood slithered up and disappeared into the holes, the zipper also disappeared into the ever changing suit. Just as this latest transformation ended, Zexion’s suit changed from black to pale silver. Black rings appeared around his spear like hands as black streaks ran from the tip of his toes, up the sides of his legs and up his waist. Finally, the hood that rested on the back of his neck and spine crawled up his neck, over his head, and covered his terrified face, an emblem flashing on the forehead. Low and behold, Zexion had transformed into a Dusk right before the eyes of Axel and Xemnas!

“HOLY ****!†Axel yelled in a mixture of surprise, disgust, and fear for his own self being. “YOU TURNED HIM INTO DUSK!â€

“Oh gee, is it that obvious?†Xemnas sneered in a rare moment of sarcasm. “Your perception is astounding.â€

“Uh, Zexion may not be my favorite guy, but don’t you think that’s a little harsh?†Axel asked nervously. “He’s a member of Organization XII. Even he deserves better than that!â€

Xemnas stood silently, his hand still clutched around the invisible object. He stood there for a couple minutes, looking at the Dusk formally known as Zexion writhe in pain.

“Axel, why do we of the twelve toil tirelessly on the completion of our project? †Xemnas asked.

“What are you talking about Boss? You said it yourself that we work for the benefit of all Nobodies!â€

“Exactly. We only call ourselves Organization XII to honor the twelve strongest Nobodies. The ones who are able to remember what it was like to be human. In truth, our Organization is much more expansive. All of the Nobodies under our command are a part of this grand operation of ours. They put their trust in us, and in return, we guide them. The Dusks, which are our greatest numbers, trust in us to restore them. They would willingly go to their doom if it meant furthering our cause.â€

“Huh? But isn’t that what they are? Mindless lackeys?â€

“They may be ‘lackeys,’ but they are far from mindless. In fact, they are our most loyal servants because they know something that we don’t.â€

“Oh yeah, what?â€

At that moment, both looked at the Dusk, who was still writhing in pain.

“They are the only ones who even have an inkling of what it could be like, not to exist. Because they are the least of all Nobodies, they are the ones who dance upon the line between existence and oblivion, unable to move away from it. Because of that, they trust us to one day restore them. I will not allow any Nobody to abuse that trust, no matter who they are. Whether they be of the Original Six…â€

Xemnas looked Axel straight in the eye and gave him a big, evil grin. “Or an eighth seat with tendencies of insubordination. And if you think this is bad, you should see how I treat traitors.â€

Axel smiled and gulped nervously. “I Got it.†Axel squeaked. With that, Xemnas turned his attention back to the Dusk, coiled in pain. He lifts up his clutched hand and brings it around his adjacent shoulder. In one swift motion, he throws his arm back out, uncoiling his grip in the Dusk’s direction. Axel watched the Dusk transform, in a reversal of the same grotesque manner that he had originally, back into Zexion. At the end, Zexion was on his arms and knees sweat running down his face and raining down onto the ground.

“Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah…†Zexion panted loudly, his eyes so wide, they looked as if they were about to fall out of his head. Xemnas walked over to and went down onto one knee and looked at him.

“So untrusting. I honestly thought we were above such notions as deceit. You and I are of the Original Six, the founders of the Organization. Harbingers of the rise of our kind. I am disappointed.â€

Xemnas grabbed him by the collar and hoisted him by the onto his feet.

“I had considered relieving stewardship of Castle Oblivion from Marluxia and hand it over to you, but thanks to this little stunt, you blew your chance. Now return to your post and resume your duties until I say otherwise. Now go.â€

With out saying word, Zexion limped away. A Dark Corridor opens up and a defeated Zexion silently walks away without looking at Axel or Xemnas, and disappears in to the Darkness. As the Dark Corridor closed, Xemnas started walking toward the camp fire.

“Well? Are you coming?†Xemnas asked Axel with a passing glance. â€I may not be Saix, but I feel that even I am suited enough in dealing with this case.â€

“Uh, Sure, but…†Axel said nervously. He then pointed to himself. “What about me? Don’t I get punished as well?â€

“You’re currently on a very important mission. I’m willing to forgo your punishment in regards to this.†Xemnas said. “That is, unless you want to be punished?â€

“NO, NO! That’s quite alright!†Axel said hastily, not wanting to go through what Zexion just did.
    Xemnas chuckles darkly as he sits down on one of the logs. He opens the bag that he had been carrying the whole time and took the burger out from its wrapping and took a big bite.

“Whoa, wait a minute! You’re not actually going to eat that, are you?†Axel asked.

“What do you mean? It’s not like it landed on the ground, and you were joking about it being a ‘Holy Halitosis’ thing…â€

“That’s just it. I wasn’t joking. They really do have a burger special that’s called Holy Halitosis! I heard that after eating one of those, this one guy’s breath stank for weeks, no matter what he did!â€

Xemnas looked at Axel, then at the burger. “Not bad, and I’ve certainly had worse.†Xemnas said as he took another bite. He removed the onion rings and proceeded to eat them. Axel sighed, and after making note that his seat was up wind from Xemnas, retrieved the final bag from the burlap sack. He had worked up an appetite from his battle with Zexion, and he thought it would be rude to have his dessert while his boss was still eating. The duo ate in silence for a couple minutes.

“So, the fact that you aren’t back at headquarters by now and from what I gathered from the Dusk you sent asking for Saix, I take it there is a problem with the young one.†Xemnas stated, finishing his last onion ring.

“Young one? Oh, you mean the newbie!†Axel said, he himself finishing the last of his fries. He thrust his thumb in the direction of the hole. “Well for starters, he likes to make flashy entrances.â€

Xemnas looked at the crater, eyes wide and jaw dropped with genuine surprise. Axel couldn’t help but smile, seeing his Boss acting so out of character.

“Are you serious?†Xemnas demanded. “He actually did all that?!â€

“Mmhmm.†Axel hummed, once more taking the ice cream and preparing a bowl. “He also put on quite the light show too. Defiantly unnatural, since it really isn’t how any of us were born. Ice cream? It’d help with the stink breath.†Axel said, taking what little advantage he could from Xemnas’s dazed state.

“Sure.†Xemnas muttered as he took the bowl. He started eating with a profound look of deep thought on his face. “What else?â€

“Well for starters, he’s as weak as a new born baby. He could barely walk.†Axel said, relaying his observations from earlier that night as he prepared another bowl for himself. “I don’t remember being like that when I was born, and I sure as hell wasn’t naked!â€

“Huh. Unconventional circumstances, unconventional birth.†Xemnas muttered to himself.

“Did you say something?†Axel asked.

“Nothing.†Xemnas said. “What does he look like?â€

“He had spiky hair. Looked like he was a dirty blond. Roughly five feet tall and looked to be between the ages of fourteen and sixteen.â€

“And where is the young one now?â€

“By the time I had found him, he had stumbled his way to the hole in the wall of Twilight Town. He had collapsed right in front of the hole. Before I could grab him, one of the locals came out and took him into town. I already had a dusk track down his location. I felt it was best to report in before proceeding.â€

Xemnas, finished with his ice cream, sat with his elbows resting on his knees, fingers interlaced.

“Do we even need him? I mean he really doesn’t seem all that useful."

“Axel, this isn’t good.†Xemnas said in a tone of caution. “If the young one isn’t in adequate shape, then his first mission that I had lined up for him, one that I believe is imperative to the survival of the Organization, could end in disaster for our kind.â€

“And what kind of mission would that be?†Axel asked, curious as to why there would be such a need for the newbie.

“The Heartless in the area around Twilight Town have been acting up. I’m worried that they might come here, to this world.†Xemnas said.

“Oh.†Axel murmured. “That is bad. But you also know that there is a chance where they might not even show up around here.â€

“Maybe so, but I don’t want to take any chance. The Heartless can have every other world for all I care, but not Twilight Town.â€

“You don’t care.†Axel said with a tone of slight disgust and patronization. He turned away from Xemnas for a moment to throw another couple logs on the dying fire. “But I see why you’re so edgy about it. Twilight Town is our birthing grounds. If anything were to happen to it, there would be no way for Nobodies to be born and our numbers would just start to dwindle until there are none of us left.â€

“Exactly.†Xemnas stated, arms freely resting on his knees.

“But what in the world do you think the newbie can do about it?†Axel asked.

“I have reasons to believe that he has a very special power. A power that can not only protect Twilight Town, but speed up the production of our project ten fold.â€

Axel fell silent. Something about Xemnas’s statement struck him as unusual. Xemnas stood up and dusted himself off.

“From now on, you report to me on this matter. Continue watching the young one, and if nothing changes in the next seven days, be sure to contact me via Dusk messenger. If he recovers, then approach him with caution. Is this clear?†Xemnas anded, waving his finger at Axel.

“Crystal. But before you go, can I ask you something?†Axel asked.

“Very well.â€

“Did you have something to do with this? The newbie’s birth, I mean.â€

Xemnas looked at Axel, and lifted his hood over his head. As his face became covered with shadows, Axel could have sworn he saw a big, sinister grin.

“Yes and No.†Xemnas said in a playful tone.

“Wait, what do you-“Axel tried to ask as he stood up and reached out his hand towards Xemnas. But before he could finish, dark wisps sprouted from Xemnas’s feet and intertwined around him, consuming him in a Dark Corridor. As the Dark Corridor faded, the place where Xemnas once stood laid vacant.

“Crap.†Axel croaked. “I hate it when he does that.†He then proceeded to clean up the camp ground, cleaning up the bowls, spoons, paper bags, the ice cream carton and wrappers. He stuffed them all into the burlap sack and slung it over his shoulder. He then checked his watch which he kept in his side pocket. After that, he raised his free hand into the air and snapped, summoning a Dusk.

“Go to HQ and tell everyone to stay upwind of Xemnas for a while. Don’t worry about any questions they might have. They’ll know what you’ll mean when they see him. Or smell him anyways.â€

After the Dusk slithered into the air, Axel picked up a stick roughly the same size and shape as the first and stuck the end into the fire, creating a torch. He then looked at the fire, concentrating on it, watching it diminish until it the coals went cold. When all was done, he started walking back to town, garbage bag in tow, reflecting on the events of the night and thinking that things will never be quite the same once the sun rises.

Chapter 3: Dark Rendezvous. End

-------
    Again, your timely responses and thoughts would be most appreciated.

4. rexmildd15 Merlin's Housekeeper

That was a cool chapter.I really enjoyed it.

5. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

lol, much appreciated. At least somebody likes it enough to say something.

-------------

Chapter 4: Good Morning Twilight Town!

It’s Saturday morning in Twilight Town, and the streets have come alive after the rise of the sun. The streets that were barren the night before started to fill up, coming alive with as the citizens of the town emptied into the streets. The blond haired stranger, tucked away in a secluded back alley, had been up long before the town’s citizens, his boundless energy a clear contrast to the lifelessness he was the previous day. After raiding Pence’s fridge for a makeshift breakfast of a ham sandwich on rye bread, an apple, and a bottle of orange juice, he started excising, unable to hold still.

“197, 198, 199…†The stranger grunted, with his fingers laced behind his head, squatting and standing up repeatedly.

“200!†The stranger grunted, squatting one final time. With that, he heard the sound of clapping ring out into the alley. He turned around to see Olette clapping her hands together. She was wearing a sleeveless orange sundress with white shoulder straps. The dress was adorned with a sunflower pattern, and it had a belt loop with a belt that blended into the dress, cinching it comfortably and securely around her waist, with the hem of her dress reaching down to just above her knees. She also wore sandals with a four inch heel, bringing her height to just about the same as the Stranger’s. Upon her head was a white sun hat with a 6 inch brim and an orange ribbon wrapped around it and into a bow. With an orange handbag slung over her shoulder, she had two wrist bands on each hand and a heart shaped earring in each ear.

“Well, look who’s up and raring to go!†Olette said with a slight chuckle. “It’s hard to believe that just yesterday, you were pretty much bedridden.â€

“Hey, uh, Olette!†the Stranger said, with a slight surprise. “You look really good!â€

“What, this old thing?†Olette giggled. She twirled around playfully, showing him a full view of her outfit. â€It’s my favorite outfit! I wear it whenever I do stuff that I can’t do with Hayner and Pence. It really isn’t the type of the thing that you would run around town in with a couple of boys. I don’t think those two have even seen it!â€

“Ha, Ha…†Stranger laughed. He crossed his arms and tilted his head slightly. “But what are you doing here?â€

“Huh?†She huffed angrily. “Don’t tell me you forgot!â€

“Forgot?â€

“We were supposed to go shopping to get some clothes!â€

“Oh yeah!†He said, remembering what she said from the day before. “But what’s wrong with what I’m wearing now?†He was wearing a t-shirt that was covered in paint, oil, and grease stains, a pair of jeans that were like wise covered in stains, and a pair of truly ragged sneakers. Anybody who saw them would have said that the laces were on the verge of disintigration.

“I’ll give you three.†She said holding up three fingers. She brought up a finger on her adjacent hand and pushed the each of the three down as she counted off. “One, they are Hayner’s work clothes. He’s gonna want them back. Two, they are filthy and covered in stains. Three, they’re Hayner’s. Anybody who knew him wouldn’t want to wear them anyways.â€

“Okay, okay, you win!†He threw up his arms in defeat.

“Good!†She said with a big grin. “Let’s head out now!

She immediately turned around and sped out of the usual spot, the stranger coming up running behind. As she exited, she turned left around the corner. As the stranger ran out behind her he stopped in the clearing, looking up to the signs in the corner of the street.

Wait a minute, if the market place is that way, why is Olette heading toward the station? and with that, he ran after Olette.

He arrived at a large paved terrace, where he saw Olette standing in the middle with her hands on her hips, getting impatient. “What’s taking you so long?†She asked rather impatient.

“Don’t take that tone with me!†He barked. “The sign said the Market was in the other direction!â€

“Market?†Olette repeated, rather puzzled. “Who said anything about going to Tram Cannon?â€

“Well, you said we were going shopping.â€

“Oh!†Olette gasped. “Ah ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!â€

“What, I make a funny?†It was the stranger’s turn to be puzzled.

“I’m sorry; I guess I’m not specific enough.†Olette said, wiping a tear from her eye after laughing so hard. “We’re going to Mall Street. We have to get there by train.â€

“Well, don’t I look like an ass?†the Stranger muttered as he scratched his head, rather embarrassed. Trying to compose from the spectacle he made of himself, he turned his head and as he surveyed his surroundings, something caught his eye. “Oh cool!†He ran towards the railing that overlooked nearly the entire city. He laughed as he took in the spectacular view, the city expanding up to the sea. Excited, he cupped his hands around his mouth and took a deep breath.

“GOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNIIIIIIIIINGGGGG-“ He stopped suddenly; he looked as if he had something on his mind all of a sudden. He then turned towards Olette.

“Hey, what’s this placed called again?
    “WHAT?!?†Olette asked angrily in a huff, arms thrust down, hands clenched up and to opposite ends. She then twisted her waist around and folded her arms in an angry pout. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten the name of this town already!â€

The Stranger, once again slightly embarrassed, approached Olette with a grin on his face. “Of course not! It’s, uh, Dawn City, right?â€

“Jeez…†Olette sighed. “It’s called Twilight Town! Honestly, your so forgetful!â€

“HA, HA!†He said sarcastically. “Very funny, making fun of the amnesiac!â€
    and with that, bells began to ring. The duo looked up to see the bells adorned the top of the clock tower of the rocking back in forth as the face of the clock read 10:00 AM.

“Oh no, we’re late! The stores are opening!†Olette gasped. “Come on Stranger, we have to hurry!†She starts running off into the train station, the Stranger following close behind. Olette quickly paid for the train tickets and the two entered the last train on the platform. With a sigh of relief, Olette took a seat on the train.

“Gee, you sure are in a hurry!†The Stranger said, taking his own seat. “Is it really that important that we get there so early?â€

Olette smiled and looked at him. â€Ha, ha, I guess not. But I usually like to get there early. There’s just so much to do there!â€

“I see.†The Stranger sighed. “So, where are Pence and Hayner?â€

“Pence is helping his father with a project, and Hayner is being punished for skipping out on his punishment.â€

“Why is he being punished in the first place?â€

“A couple days ago, he was sent out into the forest by his mother to gather firewood. Instead, he came back with a naked boy!â€

“Well, I guess I shouldn’t complain. After all, if he didn’t come by, I might still be stuck in that forest, naked as a jaybird!â€

Olette giggled slightly, holding her hand up to her mouth. After she finished, she fell silent, looking as if she were thinking slightly about something.

“Hey there’s something I want to talk to you about.†She stated matter of factly.

“Huh? What about?â€

“Well, have you been able to remember anything?â€

“Whoa, what brought this on all of the sudden?†He said, taken aback.

“Well, just curious…†She said over casually, crossing her legs daintily, rolling her eyes.

“Oh, really?†asked the Stranger, leaning forward with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I actually was wondering about your name.†Olette said coming clean.

“My name?†he asked, rather confused.

“Uh huh. I’m not really comfortable calling ‘stranger’ all the time.†She muttered nervously.

“You really haven’t called me ‘stranger’ at all, really. But tell you what, why don’t you call my ‘Buddy’ for right now instead?â€

“Okay!!†She chirped, her nervousness melting away.

“And as for my memories, I do remember something.â€

“Oh, Really!†She started listening intently. “What do you remember?â€

“Not much actually, jomething about a silver haired boy, a brown haired girl, a dog thing, and a… goose?â€

“A goose?†Olette repeated. “Either you’ve had a very weird life Buddy, or you’re memory is spottier than we thought!â€

Suddenly, a voice came over the loud speaker. “We are now arriving at Mall Street. Those who are now arriving at their final destination, please check your surroundings for any belongings. Have a nice day!â€

“Oh, this is our stop! Let’s go!†Olette said. And with that, the two left the train and entered Mall street.

Chapter four: Good Morning Twilight Town. End.

6. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

Dde This Totally Awsome!!! "i Came To Tiwlight Town Fir A Sandwich!!!"

7. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

XD much appreciated.
    -----
    Chapter 4: Good Morning Twilight Town!

It’s Saturday morning in Twilight Town, and the streets have come alive after the rise of the sun. The streets that were barren the night before started to fill up, coming alive with as the citizens of the town emptied into the streets. The blond haired stranger, tucked away in a secluded back alley, had been up long before the town’s citizens, his boundless energy a clear contrast to the lifelessness he was the previous day. After raiding Pence’s fridge for a makeshift breakfast of a ham sandwich on rye bread, an apple, and a bottle of orange juice, he started excising, unable to hold still.

“197, 198, 199…” The stranger grunted, with his fingers laced behind his head, squatting and standing up repeatedly.

“200!” The stranger grunted, squatting one final time. With that, he heard the sound of clapping ring out into the alley. He turned around to see Olette clapping her hands together. She was wearing a sleeveless orange sundress with white shoulder straps. The dress was adorned with a sunflower pattern, and it had a belt loop with a belt that blended into the dress, cinching it comfortably and securely around her waist, with the hem of her dress reaching down to just above her knees. She also wore sandals with a four inch heel, bringing her height to just about the same as the Stranger’s. Upon her head was a white sun hat with a 6 inch brim and an orange ribbon wrapped around it and into a bow. With an orange handbag slung over her shoulder, she had two wrist bands on each hand and a heart shaped earring in each ear.

“Well, look who’s up and raring to go!” Olette said with a slight chuckle. “It’s hard to believe that just yesterday, you were pretty much bedridden.”

“Hey, uh, Olette!” the Stranger said, with a slight surprise. “You look really good!”

“What, this old thing?” Olette giggled. She twirled around playfully, showing him a full view of her outfit. ”It’s my favorite outfit! I wear it whenever I do stuff that I can’t do with Hayner and Pence. It really isn’t the type of the thing that you would run around town in with a couple of boys. I don’t think those two have even seen it!”

“Ha, Ha…” Stranger laughed. He crossed his arms and tilted his head slightly. “But what are you doing here?”

“Huh?” She huffed angrily. “Don’t tell me you forgot!”

“Forgot?”

“We were supposed to go shopping to get some clothes!”

“Oh yeah!” He said, remembering what she said from the day before. “But what’s wrong with what I’m wearing now?” He was wearing a t-shirt that was covered in paint, oil, and grease stains, a pair of jeans that were like wise covered in stains, and a pair of truly ragged sneakers. Anybody who saw them would have said that the laces were on the verge of disintigration.

“I’ll give you three.” She said holding up three fingers. She brought up a finger on her adjacent hand and pushed the each of the three down as she counted off. “One, they are Hayner’s work clothes. He’s gonna want them back. Two, they are filthy and covered in stains. Three, they’re Hayner’s. Anybody who knew him wouldn’t want to wear them anyways.”

“Okay, okay, you win!” He threw up his arms in defeat.

“Good!” She said with a big grin. “Let’s head out now!

She immediately turned around and sped out of the usual spot, the stranger coming up running behind. As she exited, she turned left around the corner. As the stranger ran out behind her he stopped in the clearing, looking up to the signs in the corner of the street.

Wait a minute, if the market place is that way, why is Olette heading toward the station? With that thought, he ran after Olette, tryin his hardest to catch up.

He arrived at a large paved terrace, where he saw Olette standing in the middle with her hands on her hips, getting impatient. “What’s taking you so long?” She asked rather impatient.

“Don’t take that tone with me!” He barked. “The sign said the Market was in the other direction!”

“Market?” Olette repeated, rather puzzled. “Who said anything about going to Tram Common?”

“Well, you said we were going shopping.”

“Oh!” Olette gasped. “Ah ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!”

“What, I make a funny?” It was the stranger’s turn to be puzzled.

“I’m sorry; I guess I’m not specific enough.” Olette said, wiping a tear from her eye after laughing so hard. “We’re going to Mall Street. We have to get there by train.”

“Well, don’t I look like an ass?” the Stranger muttered as he scratched his head, rather embarrassed. Trying to compose from the spectacle he made of himself, he turned his head and as he surveyed his surroundings, something caught his eye. “Oh cool!” He ran towards the railing that overlooked nearly the entire city. He laughed as he took in the spectacular view, the city expanding up to the sea. Excited, he cupped his hands around his mouth and took a deep breath.

“GOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNIIIIIIIIINGGGGG-“ He stopped suddenly; he looked as if he had something on his mind all of a sudden. He then turned towards Olette.

“Hey, what’s this placed called again?

“WHAT?!?” Olette asked angrily in a huff, arms thrust down, hands clenched up and to opposite ends. She then twisted her waist around and folded her arms in an angry pout. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten the name of this town already!”

The Stranger, once again slightly embarrassed, approached Olette with a grin on his face. “Of course not! It’s, uh, Dawn City, right?”

“Jeez…” Olette sighed. “It’s called Twilight Town! Honestly, your so forgetful!”

“HA, HA!” He said sarcastically. “Very funny, making fun of the amnesiac!”

and with that, bells began to ring. The duo looked up to see the bells adorned the top of the clock tower of the rocking back in forth as the face of the clock read 10:00 AM.

“Oh no, we’re late! The stores are opening!” Olette gasped. “Come on Stranger, we have to hurry!” She starts running off into the train station, the Stranger following close behind. Olette quickly paid for the train tickets and the two entered the last train on the platform. With a sigh of relief, Olette took a seat on the train.

“Gee, you sure are in a hurry!” The Stranger said, taking his own seat. “Is it really that important that we get there so early?”

Olette smiled and looked at him. ”Ha, ha, I guess not. But I usually like to get there early. There’s just so much to do there!”

“I see.” The Stranger sighed. “So, where are Pence and Hayner?”

“Pence is helping his father with a project, and Hayner is being punished for skipping out on his punishment.”

“Why is he being punished in the first place?”

“A couple days ago, he was sent out into the forest by his mother to gather firewood. Instead, he came back with a naked boy!”

“Well, I guess I shouldn’t complain. After all, if he didn’t come by, I might still be stuck in that forest, naked as a jaybird!”

Olette giggled slightly, holding her hand up to her mouth. After she finished, she fell silent, looking as if she were thinking slightly about something.

“Hey there’s something I want to talk to you about.” She stated matter of factly.

“Huh? What about?”

“Well, have you been able to remember anything?”

“Whoa, what brought this on all of the sudden?” He said, taken aback.

“Well, just curious…” She said over casually, crossing her legs daintily, rolling her eyes.

“Oh, really?” asked the Stranger, leaning forward with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I actually was wondering about your name.” Olette said coming clean.

“My name?” he asked, rather confused.

“Uh huh. I’m not really comfortable calling ‘stranger’ all the time.” She muttered nervously.

“You really haven’t called me ‘stranger’ at all, really. But tell you what, why don’t you call my ‘Buddy’ for right now instead?”

“Okay!!” She chirped, her nervousness melting away.

“And as for my memories, I do remember something.”

“Oh, Really!” She started listening intently. “What do you remember?”

“Not much actually, just something about a silver haired boy, a brown haired girl, a dog thing, and a… goose?”

“A goose?” Olette repeated. “Either you’ve had a very weird life Buddy, or you’re memory is spottier than we thought!”

Suddenly, a voice came over the loud speaker. “We are now arriving at Mall Street. Those who are now arriving at their final destination, please check your surroundings for any belongings. Have a nice day!”

“Oh, this is our stop! Let’s go!” Olette said. And with that, the two left the train and entered Mall street.

Chapter four: Good Morning Twilight Town. End.

8. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

All of this is very good, I'm awaiting for you next chapter. I didn't find any errors while I read all your chapters, so, so far so good:) Keep up the great work.

9. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Decided I might as well post a double update. Chapters 5:

Chapter 5: Where are we going and why are we being followed?

There’s a saying that the citizens of Twilight Town have about Mall Street. ‘You can’t find everything on Mall Street, but you can find damn near it!’ True to the phrase, Mall Street is a section of town totally dedicated to shopping. While it is called Mall Street, it is more of a collection of streets, filled with almost every store imaginable. Clothes, music, books, furniture, electronics, food, almost anything can be found. It has been said that it’s collection of shops surpasses even that of Sunrise City, which was believed to be a shopper’s dream. That may very well be true for one of a duo standing right outside the train station, sighing with content. Olette, resting her cheek on the back of one of her interlaced hands, looks at the Streets that were packed with early bird shoppers who believed that they could have beaten the crowd to the best deals of the weekend.

“Ah, Mall Street, how I love thee!†Olette said with a slight sigh, a big broad smile plastered to her face.

“Me too!†Buddy chirped in a high pitched mock tone, mimicking Olette’s pose. “Jeez Olette, you sound like a schoolgirl in love!†He said, now with a hand on his hip. Olette, now brought down from her elation, gave Buddy a sharp jab with her elbow. “OOF!â€

“I am a schoolgirl silly! And you really shouldn’t make fun of a lady!†She scolded.

“Ha ha, sorry.†He said, rubbing the spot where Olette nailed him. Man, she is deceptively strong! He thought to himself.

“Well, now that we’ve got that taken care of, let’s go shopping!†She hollered while thrusting a fist into the air and another on her hip, unable to contain her excitement.

“B-But wait a sec!†Buddy stuttered, stopping Olette before she went off running.

“What now?†She drawled, losing her patience. She looked over at his direction, still standing in the same pose from a moment before.

“Well, it’s just that I don’t have any cash. How am I supposed to buy new clothes?â€

“Don’t worry about that Bud! I’ve been saving up for months from my allowance and part time job for one big shopping trip!†She reached into her hand bag and brought out her homemade munny pouch, filled to the bursting limit! She cradled the bag in her hands, getting giddier by the second.

“HUH?†Buddy gasped. “I could never ask-“

“Oh hush up!†Olette interrupted. She grabbed buddy by his arm after returning her munny pouch to her bag. “You’d be doing me a favor by getting out of those god awful rags! Now stop wasting time and come on!â€

“Wha-Wait!†But this time Olette ignored his pleas and pulled him into the crowd with a fit of giggles. As they proceeded down the steps, another figure stepped out of the station and watched Buddy get pulled along. He was wearing a black t-shirt that had the words ‘Trial by Fire’ emblazed in fire orange and red colors on the front. His pants were all black jeans with fire patches embroidered around the sleeves of each leg that reach up to his knees. His black jean jacket, which was also likewise patched with flames around the sleeves and waist, was slung over his shoulder, hanging by the hood on his finger. His hair was fire red and was messy and wild like dancing flames, a triangle tattoo adorned under each eye. He chomped on a store bought sandwich, partially unwrapped, as he watched the two disappear into the crowd. After a few moments, he started to laugh. He tried to contain it, snorting a couple of times, but to no avail, as he blurted out in laughter, bread crumbs cascading out of his mouth.

“That poor newbie!†He hollered as he laughed on. “Getting pulled around by a little firecracker like that!†As he settled down, he descended the stairs, depositing what was left of the sandwich in a trash can located at the base. He then followed Olette and Buddy into the crowd, never losing sight of the two.

Chapter 5: Where are we going and why are we being followed?: end.

And six:

Chapter 6: I wasn’t looking! I swear!

It’s been an hour since Buddy and Olette arrived at Mall Street, and already they have been to seven different shops, all dedicated to finding Buddy a new set of clothes. Since exiting from the train, his appearance has changed dramatically. The stained t-shirt and jeans he wore not even an hour before had been stuffed into a plastic sack, which they then deposited into a locker. He now wore a pair of loose fitting slacks that were black around the lower waist and thighs and white above the knees down. In place of the shirt, he now wore a gray t-shirt and a black sleeveless vest with a collar reaching midway up his neck. The Vest’s zipper had a four pointed star pendant attached to it, dangling from the top of the collar. On his left arm he wore a black and white checkered wrist band and black ring on his index finger and a white ring on his middle finger. As they exited out of their latest venue, a shoe store specializing in the latest footwear fashions at affordable prices, the ragged tennis shoes he wore were held under his arms and in their place was a pair of black shoes with gray soles and red straps running across the top. A grand improvement over what he was wearing before.

After leaving the store, the two walked back to the locker to deposit the tattered footwear into the locker. Buddy thought it was unusual walking together as they were, since he was being pulled by his arm from store to store for the majority of the time by a very excitable Olette, expertly dodging the thoroughfare of the crowded street. Once the shoes were locked into away, Olette turned towards Buddy and looked him up and down, analyzing his attire, her left hand cupping her right elbow as she pressed her index finger softly against her lips in deep thought.

“Hmmmm…†she hummed softly, still looking at Roxas with deep intent in her eyes. Uncomfortable with her stares, Buddy got really nervous.

“Wha-what is it?†he asked as he surveyed his person. “Is there something on my face? Is my barn door open?â€

“No, No…†Olette said as she shook her head. “It just feels like that there is something missing from the outfit. That there’s something wrong.â€

“WRONG?!?†Buddy repeated in a loud, exasperated tone, upset that he might go another round of being Olette’s personal dress-up doll. “HOW CAN IT BE WRONG? YOU HAND PICKED EVERYTHING!!â€

“Settle down! I merely meant that there’s something missing! That’s all!â€

“Oh, well, okay then.†He sighed, the panic subsiding. He really didn’t want to go through the last hour again, shifting through mountains of clothes before they found the piece that the little miss fashion guru would think was just right. “So what now?â€

“Well, how about we do some window shopping?†Olette suggested with a wink, twirling her hair slightly.

“Fine by me, but why do you need new windows?â€

“No, window shopping means… Oh, never mind!†She said with a sigh. And with that, she walked off, Buddy trotting close behind.

A half an hour later, they are outside one of Twilight Towns best video game stores, flipping through the used video game bin. Buddy excitedly flips through the CD cases. He pulls one out in a black plastic case.

“How about this one?†he inquired, holding up the case.

“Is that Empire Souls 2?†Olette asked as she grabbed the case and moved it into her view. “That’s a good one! It’s all about a kid from the country side traveling from planet to planet looking for his brother and girlfriend while traveling with a wolf warrior and a chicken mage!â€

“Wow, I kind of want to play it.†He said with wonderment as he returned the case to where he found it. “It’s a shame that I don’t have a Fun station 2.â€

“Or a TV, or electricity, or a house….†Olette counted off.

“All right, all right…†He dismissed. As the pair were about to walk away, someone from behind approached them and spoke, catching their attention.

“Well, if it isn’t my favorite student! How are you Olette?†A woman’s voice asked.

“Huh, is that…†Olette and buddy quickly turned around to see who it was that called out. “IT IS!! IT’S MS. HEARTILY!!â€

What Buddy saw was a woman roughly 24 years old, with black hair that was to just below her shoulders. Her brown highlighted bangs complemented her brown eyes, which were framed by brown rimmed glasses. She was roughly five feet, eleven inches tall, with long, slender legs, slender arms, and the perfect hourglass figure. She wore a semi-loose fitting long sleeved light blue silk shirt and a blue jean vest that was partially zipped up to just below her breast, accentuating her bust. Her shirt was tucked into a pair of form fitting jeans, the legs of which were tucked into brown boots with three inch heels, bringing her over all height to six feet, one inch tall.

“It’s been so long!†Olette squealed with glee. She jumped up and throws her arms around the woman, standing on her toes, one leg raised.

“Whoa there!†the woman said with a giggle, returning the hug. “I appreciate the enthusiasm, but isn’t it a bit much! I mean, we only saw each other a couple weeks ago!â€

“I can’t help myself. You’re my favorite teacher Ms. Heartily!†She chirped with a giggle.

“Hey! I thought I told you that Ms. Heartily only exists in the classroom! It’s Rinoa.†She said in a mock scold, tapping Olette on the nose playfully. She then looked past her, at Buddy. “So who’s your friend?â€

“Oh! I completely forgot!†She quickly turned around

“Hey, Buddy! This is—“Olette paused mid sentence, shocked at the sight at Buddy. His face had turned beet red, mouth hanging open and he was staring blatantly at Rinoa, blood running down from his nose! Olette, once again brought down from her elation by Buddy’s actions, once again jabs him, even harder, than before. â€BUDDY!â€

“Ow! What’d I do?†Buddy asked, rubbing the spot where she struck.

“Oh please! Like you could be any more obvious?†She pulled a clean tissue out of her bag and slams it against Buddy’s chest. “Here, wipe your nose with this.†Hesitantly, Buddy wiped the blood away from his nose.

Rinoa giggled, covering her mouth as she laughed. “So your name is Buddy. It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Rinoa Heartily†She said as she presented her hand in a greeting with a class of elegance Buddy is unaccustomed to. “And don’t worry, I often have that affect on most of my male students the first time they meet me.â€

He grabs her hand with both of his and starts bowing, quick and rapidly. “T-tit’s good to meet you!†He stuttered nervously. As he finished his greeting, Olette slammed her elbow into Buddy’s side even harder than before. Gah! Right in the same spot!

“TITS?†Olette repeated harshly, clearly angry with Buddy’s slip of tongue.

“I, I--†Buddy stuttered in a panic. Realizing that she would need to intervene before things get out of hand, Rinoa stood between the raging Olette and the scared Buddy.

“Now, now Olette, I’m sure it was honest mistake. No need to be angry. So anyway, what brings you down to Mall Street?†Rinoa asked, changing the subject before Olette decided to skin her not so old friend. “Are you here to pick up an autographed copy of the new Dawn to Dusk CD?â€

“Huh? But aren’t they being released next weekend?†Olette asked, her anger instantly dispelled at the mentioning of her favorite band.

“No, No. It's this weekend. I was just on my way to Centennial Discs to pick up a copy. You wanna come?†Rinoa chirped.

Oh, would you mind? Since you know the store clerk, I can be sure to get a copy!â€

“Sure!†Rinoa said with a smile.

“Okay, wait a sec.†Olette said. She then grabs Buddy and shoves him down onto a nearby bench. “Wait here, I’ll be back in five minutes. This is your punishment for acting like an ass in front of my teacher.â€

“What? Breaking in my ribs wasn’t enough?†He inquired.

“Just wait here. I’ll be back before you know it.†Olette replied. But before any objection could be raised, she grabbed Rinoa by the arm and pulled her around the corner. Defeated, Buddy sat with his head hung low. A blue haired girl with bangs over one eye and was wearing a blue tank top with vertical stripes and a pair of tan shorts who had been watching this unfold walked up to buddy and stared at him for a minute. Buddy, looking up, finally noticed the girl, starring back at her. Moments passed and the girl then thrust a finger into Buddy’s face.

“WHIPPED.†She said in a cold, matter of fact sort of way. And before he could reply, the girl was off and around the corner.

“Man, girls are mean!†He told himself. He then leaned back and waited for Olette toturn. Thirty minutes passed and still Olette has yet to return. “Jeez, what could be taking her?†He ask rubbing his neck. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she was taking this long just to spite me. The tits thing was a mistake!â€

He looked over his shoulder and saw an antiques shop that he hadn’t noticed before. “Collectable Curiosities, huh…†He said, reading the sign above the door. Well, since I’ve got time to kill…
    He removed himself from his seat and went into the store, not caring what the repercussions might be.

Chapter 6: I wasn’t looking! I swear!: End
    ------
    As allways, I'd love to know what everybody thinks.