The Forgotten of Gaia Falls -- A Golden Sun/Final Fantasy XII/Final Fantasy VII RP

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Ol'Sephy, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol'Sephy Traverse Town Homebody

In a mako tank. God, it sucks being soaked in thi
    This is my RP for Golden Sun, Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy VII. I have always wanted to know what would happen if these three worlds came into contact with each other, so... Meh. xD

This is going to be a VERY complicated RP. You will have an inventory in your first post that you will need to update every so often, as well as a list of your known spells and your equipment. I will be assigning these things to you when you join and adding them to your inventory yourself. It will be up to you to update your first post to reflect this.

I am also going to be a sort of Dungeon Master. If you haven't played Dungeons and Dragons, then I'll explain what this means. I will be creating obstacles and "bosses," so to speak for you as a player to overcome. You have a lot of freedom as to where you can go. As this game will span three worlds, (Weyard, Ivalice, and Gaia), there will be plenty of places for you to go. You have the choice. However, depending on where you go, you will encounter monsters, enemies, and bosses that will try to... Well, kill you. So, be aware. The system that I will use is simple: I will see what you do for your attack, and roll a certain set of dice to figure out damage and the like. It's like D&D over the internet. The dice that I will roll for you will be determined by what weapon you have. Your defense is taken into account when I have a monster, boss, etc. attack you OR when another player attacks you. You don't need to worry about that. I promise that I will play fair. I give you my word. I will also be playing a character. If you haven't guessed from my avatar, it will be Zack Fair. I will post a list of available characters below.

Here are the rules for general RPing, as I want them to be followed in this RP:

1.) No using other people's characters without their express permission. This rule does not apply to such things as "small talk," or dialogue that doesn't affect that character's story. It may, say, inspire the owner of the character to do something, but it shouldn't FORCE them to do it. You can use characters if they are not being used, but only if I have put them in your general vicinity. PM me if you have a request for using a character a couple times and I'll see what I can do. But, if you DO use an unassigned character, please keep it short. I want to keep those open for people who want to join in!

2.) DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT counteract anything that I, the scenario creator, post as a challenge for the other characters. If I say that you are cursed and can't use magic of any kind, then there it is. YOU CAN NOT USE MAGICKS/PSYNERGY/MATERIA. If, at some point before that, you have a curative for this, (an Angaran Elixir or a party member who can cast Esuna or Vox), then, by all means, use it. But don't make your character have something that you didn't have before. This rule also applies to other characters. If THEY seal up your magic, (there will be conflicts, I promise), you can't do anything about that until you can use a curative for it or I say that it wore off.

And, of course, the traditional rules of RPing apply.

In this RP there will be some interesting, unorthodox rules, as well:

1.) You have the ability to have three members in your party. They each have a set list of spells and items that they can use. For example, say that my party is Vaan, Aerith, and Jenna. Vaan has two Quickenings, Aerith has her Level 4 Limit Break, and Jenna has 6 Earth Djinn and 3 Wind Djinn. Jenna can summon Judgement for massive Earth-based damage, Aerith can cure the party's ailments and fully heal HP/MP/PP, and Vaan can use massive Mist attacks for Fire or Wind/Thunder damage. That is how it works. The abilities for each specific game's characters are explained below.

2.) You can join up with another party for a stronger group. It will be up to the two owners to work out who handles what in this new, super party. At this point, keep in mind that joining another person's party slackens the first rule listed in the "Normal Rules" list. When you join another party, this is giving your partner the "express permission" mentioned above. Remember that. But this doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want to the other party. It just means that you have a little control over them. A LITTLE BIT. Don't go off and kill them. Just small things, like equipment changes and using them to bolster your party's abilities. Example: Aerith is in your party. Your partner's party has a KO'd character. So, your partner uses Aerith's healing abilities to revive the KO'd character.

That about does it for the rules.

Here's how the RP works.

Here's the list of playable characters.

NOTE:

The three following "rules" are true unless otherwise stated...

1.) Each FF7 character has only their Level 1 Limit Break, (if applicable), and no materia.

2.) Each FF12 character starts out with NO Quickenings or Espers. You will obtain those through certain bosses that you might encounter throughout the worlds.

3.) Each GS character has no Djinn or Summons at the beginning. As with Espers and Quickenings, you will obtain these throughout the worlds.

FINAL FANTASY VII...

GOOD GUYS:

Zack Fair -- Character taken by: Ol'Sephy

Cloud Strife -- Character currently available.

Aerith Gainsborough -- Character currently available.

Tifa Lockheart -- Character currently available.

Yuffie Kisaragi -- Character taken by: Ol'Sephy

Barret Wallace -- Character currently available.

Vincent Valentine -- Character currently available.

Red XIII/Nanaki -- Character currently available.

Cid Highwind -- Character currently available.

Rufus Shin-Ra -- Character currently available.

Reno -- Character currently available.

Rude -- Character currently available.

Tseng -- Character currently available.

Elena -- Character currently available.

Unknown Ex-Turk/Cissnei -- Character taken by: Ol'Sephy

Reeve Tsuesti/Cait Sith -- Character currently available.

BAD GUYS:

Sephiroth -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Kedaj -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Loz -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Yazoo -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

FINAL FANTASY XII...

GOOD GUYS:

Vaan -- Character currently available.

Penelo -- Character currently available.

Ashe -- Character currently available.

Basch -- Character currently available.

Balthier -- Character currently available.

Fran -- Character currently available.

Larsa -- Character currently available.

Vossler -- Character currenly available.

Reddas -- Character currently available.

Reks -- Character currently available.

Gabranth -- Character currently available.

BAD GUYS:

Vayne -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Judge Ghis -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Judge Bergan -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Docter Cid -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

GOLDEN SUN/GOLDEN SUN: THE LOST AGE...

GOOD GUYS:

Isaac -- Character currently available.

Garet -- Character currently available.

Ivan -- Character currently available.

Mia -- Character currently available.

Felix -- Character currently available.

Jenna -- Character currently available.

Sheba -- Character currently available.

Piers -- Character currently available.

BAD GUYS:

Saturos -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Menardi -- Character UNAVAILABLE.47

Karst -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

Agatio -- Character UNAVAILABLE.

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS...

Adrian: A young boy from Rabanastre, which is in the world of Ivalice. He has pitch black hair and amazingly bright blue eyes. His parents died in the war between Nabradia and the Archadian Empire when Nabudis was destroyed by the magicite Shard from the Sun Cryst. His hatred for fighting is only a passing thought to his hatred for the Old Archadian Empire. When Lord Larsa took over after his brother's death, Adrian saw that this was going to be the start of something good. His weapon of choice is his sharp tongue. He prefers to sit back and heal his companions with his amazingly potent magicks.

Character Abilities include the following...

Every White, Green, and Time Magick spell available for sale at Yugri's Magicks in Rabanastre -- Yugri is his sister-in-law.

Currently in hiding and UNAVAILABLE.

Ador: A young man from Midgar, he bears a striking resemblance to Cloud. He carries a small cylinder with him that, when he taps into his power, turns into a large cannon that he controls using a smaller, hand-held version and an eye-patch that serves as a targeting system.

A Level 1 Limit Break called All's End that rips open the universe to suck targets into the Void.

Six magic spells as granted by materia that is set into his cannon: Cura, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Esuna, and Protect.​

Character currently indecisive and UNAVAILABLE.

Rodax: Ador's twin brother, he bears a striking resemblance to Kedaj. He doesn't use physical weapons, but rather would use his strong magic to conquer foes. The downside is his unusually low MP, which doesn't allow for very much magic-casting...

Level 1 and Level 2 Limit Breaks called Big Bang and Shatter. Big Bang creates a chemical imbalance in the target that causes a large, non-physical explosion from inside, tearing apart the target's and surrounding enemies' minds. Shatter strikes such a crushing blow to a critical part of the body that 90% of the body's bones crack, incapacitating and paralyzing the foe. The pain could be so great as to cause instant death/KO.

10 magic spells as granted by materia that is embedded into his arm: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Reflectga, Scourge, Flare, Shellga, Protectga, Darkga, and Arise.​

Character currently indecisive and UNAVAILABLE.

More characters coming soon!!!

Well, here is the story...

There were two other instances like this one. In the world of Ivalice, it was nearly identical to this one, only it was the heroes from that world who lent their ear to the Wise One. In the world of Weyard, however, the message was quite different.

In Weyard, the Wise One appeared to the eight heroes who had fought to save their world from destruction by degradation. This group had lit the four Elemental Lighthouses and broken the seal on Alchemy, put into place many eons ago. But, as the Wise One explained to them when he appeared before them in Aleph Crater, the remnants of the great mountain where the secret of Alchemy had slept for centuries, there was a great many who had met their demise by falling off the edge of Weyard...

Except, they didn't die.

They were know to many diviners and prophets as the "Forgotten of Gaia Falls." They had become spirits who had somehow found their way back to the world and ripped holes in the universe to make pathways to other worlds. The Wise One saw the damage that this could do to the peoples of these worlds. So, he stepped forward, (so to speak), and called upon the greatest warriors he could find in the three worlds that had been connected so far. The Forgotten needed to be stopped. And so, the story began...

FIRST POST

Here is my starting equipment, items and skills.

(NOTE: This is how yours should look. I will be sending you what you should be putting in your first post. COPY AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR FIRST POST. Anything that is modified other than spelling errors that I put in is unacceptable. Keep that in mind.)

Zack Fair
    Level:
    EXP: 0
    Next Lvl. at: 500 EXP
    HP: 1500/1500
    MP: 80/80
    Accuracy: 2d20, 1d6
    Attack: 2d20
    Defense: 23 + 5
    Evade: 5d10 + 10
    Weapon(s): Buster Sword, (+1/2 damage to Critical Hits), (2 materia slots)
    Armor: Shoulder guards, (+5 to Defense and Evade); simple combat boots, (+5 to Evade)
    Accessory: Four Slots, (Allows for four extra materia to be equipped)
    Materia: (NONE)
    Items: (NONE)
    Other Skills: Chain Slash, (Attacks six consecutive times with weapon in hand, raising Attack value by 5 for each successful hit -- Rest time: 3 posts)

Yuffie Kisaragi
    Level:
    HP: 1000/1000
    MP: 250/250
    Accuracy: 3d20 +10
    Attack: 1d20, 1d12 + 8
    Defense: 18
    Evade: 4d10
    Weapon(s):Rising Sun, (+10 to Accuracy, 4 materia slots)
    Armor: Arm guard, (+8 to Attack, 2 materia slots)
    Accessory: (NONE)
    Materia: 3, granting 4 spells -- Steal, (Allows user to steal items at a given rate using Accuracy); Time, (Grants Slow and Haste spells); Throw, (Allows user to throw swords, lances, axes, and shuriken as ranged damage, raising Accuracy value by 10 when used)
    Items: 5 -- 3 Hi-Potions, (Restores 400 HP); 2 Hi-Ethers, (Restores 200 MP/PP)
    Other Skills: Level 1 Limit Break: Greased Lightning, (Slashes hard for an instant Critical Hit. Only available at 25% HP or 0 MP)

Cissnei
    Level:
    HP: 2000/2000
    MP: 200/200
    Accuracy: 3d20, 1d10 + 13
    Attack: 1d20, 1d10, 1d6 + 4
    Defense: 10 + 20
    Evade: 4d20
    Weapon(s): Chakram, (+13 to Accuracy and +4 to Attack, 5 materia slots)
    Armor: Bullet-Proof Vest, (+20 to Defense, 2 materia slots)
    Accessory: Precious Watch, (Allows for 6 extra materia to be equipped)
    Materia: 2, granting 2 spells -- Throw, (Allows user to throw swords, lances, axes, and shuriken as ranged damage, raising Accuracy value by 10 when used)
    Cura, (Restores 350 HP to all allies)
    Items: 9 -- 1 Elixir, (Fully restores HP/MP/PP); 3 X-Potions, (Restores 1000 HP); 5 Hi-Potions, (Restores 400 HP)
    Other Skills: Lucky Stars, (Decreases foes' Attack values by 10 for 2 RP posts)

FIRST STORY POST

Zack stood there and listened to the Wise One spell out his plan to them. He was happy to be alive, yeah, but he could tell that Cloud was going to need some time to get used to the fact that he was back, even if it was just for a little while. But Cloud didn't know that this was a limited time thing. He just hoped that it didn't crush him like it was going to crush Aerith...

As the Wise One left them to decide who will go with whom, Zack turned back to Cissnei. She smiled for the first time since seeing him again.

"I want to go with you, Zack." She said simply.

"Alright."

"Hey there, a minute!"

Zack turned. It was... Her?! What the heck? That treasure hunting girl?

"You remember me?" She said presently.

"How could I forget? The Great Ninja Yuffie -- Hero of Wutai!"

"That's right! I didn't realize that this Zack guy that I'd heard of from Cloud was YOU! Wow, shocker, right?"

"I guess..."

"Well, I gotta keep an eye on you. I don't want you goin' and messin' with Wutai again!"

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Zack put his hands up in protest. "I'm not working for Shin-Ra anymore! THEY the ones who put me up to that!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

They both laughed.

"Cissnei, I bet you never met Yuffie, huh?" Zack said, turning to her.

"I've heard a lot about her, though!"

"Huh?" Yuffie looked shocked for a moment, then laughed her "confident laugh." "Oh, uh, of course you have! I'm the Great --"

"We heard you the first hundred times." Cissnei said, laughing.

"Oh, haha..."

"Hey, everyone!" Tifa called. "Aerith would like to say something!"

They all gathered around Aerith and she spoke.

"I just wanted you all to know that we should keep our groups small as we try to look for the pathways to the other worlds. Two or three people should be good. Right Zack?"

"Yeah, that's about right." Zack pondered it for a moment. "'Cause we don't want to be crowded too much while we're searching. Who knows what we'll find once we get there! So, I'm thinking me, Yuffie, and Cissnei, any objections?"

Nobody had a problem with it. So, as the rest of the group tried to divide up into groups of two or three, Zack and his two companions left, looking to try and find a way to Weyard........

SAMPLE BATTLE POST

And it would keep going until somebody won. Remember that I multiply the final Attack Roll value by 10. So, if your character rolls a 70, it will actually be 700 HP worth of damage! Yays!

There. That should be enough to get you started! And try to leave your attack RPing open. What I mean is this: if you use an attack, then don't make the target have a specific reaction. I'll do that. xD

Happy RPing!!!

- Ol'Sephy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.