A Kingdom Hearts Original: The Disneyworld Chronicles

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destined, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Dmaster Traverse Town Homebody

none taken, but Cian's also quick to conclusions from how big D's making him, which'd just confuse you... okay, i agree, to Rick's dislike ._.

2. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

HOLD ONTO YOUR LUGNUTS, IT'S TIIIIME FOR AN OVERHAUL!

See? I can quote movies too. The Mask, to be exact.

3. Destined Working for WDW

Well...this only took almost a month. Enjoy gang.

Day 2: 2:00 pm

“I think that we may have gotten in a bit over our heads Cian.” Rick announced as he collapsed onto one of the two small bunks in the grime infested jail cell.

Cian remained standing by the railed door with his arms outstretched through the bars. “Who throws two kids into prison for looking for a single man? It’s blasphemy.”

“No, it seems more like anarchy to me.”

“Either way, we have two hours to finish the task or else its lights out, and I personally don’t want that to happen.”

“Me neither.” Rick sat up, messaging his temples as if to clear his mind.

As both players continued to remain imprisoned, the scarce minutes they though would be plenty now seemed to march by in streams. After another twenty minutes of attempting every known prisoner escape tactic, the two remained inside the cell.

“Well…what do we do?” Cian asked as he threw aside the piece of steel he had been using as a lock pick.

Rick remained silent as he sat and began to message his temples. “I don’t even know where to start. My days involve me getting up and wasting who knows how long on random crap, working for an unknown amount of time and with whatever time I do have left over, I attempt to write. That’s normal in my book. In the past two days I’ve been thrown together with two of my closest online friends in an amusement park situated in a fictional video game universe while being hunted by another conglomerate bent on erasing people and now here we sit for attempting to find some Prospector that we—“

A moan of surprise rose from across the hall in another cell as what had originally appeared to be just a pile of articles of clothing manifested into the outline of another captive. As the prisoner moved toward the bars, its face remained hidden beneath a tangled mess of hair and straw. “Wha—what name did you say?” a cracked and hardly used voice whispered.

“The Prospector.” Cian responded, looking back at Rick. “We were supposed to find the man on the mountain and we are assuming that that is this dude named Prospector and we were imprisoned for it.”

The prisoner absorbed this and let out a wheezing laugh that seemed to take all his effort to achieve. “Sheriff Tanner arrested you for searching for the being? Seems as though the town never forgave itself for allowing it into our town with open arms.”

Rick rose, his attention now focused and wheels were beginning to grid together. “What do you mean the being?”

The prisoner leaned back and began to stare at the cobweb riddled ceiling. “It was near of two months ago when our town of Big Thunder was going about its normal life as it had since before I could remember. Then one day, a giant cloaked being of figure arrived unlike anything we had ever seen. It was peaceful at first, asking to be shown around the town and to meet with the Mayor to discuss his proposition.

“Now we don’t hardly ever get visitors, so the town became a buzz with everyone wanting to know more about our guest. Turns out, he was a traveler that traversed each world in search for a world in which it could feel welcome, that’s when it was given the nickname of the Prospector.

“A week turned into two and before we knew it, the Mayor called an emergency town meeting. In that small theatre, we learned that the Prospector had come to claim Big Thunder not as its own, but another piece of its empire. You see…the being’s true name was Zerg.”

Rick and Cian’s heads snapped up at the mention of the evil emperor. “You mean to tell us that Zerg invaded Disneyworld?”

The prisoner shook his head. “No, it had appeared out of the East, where it claimed to control a futuristic world far outside our grasps of understanding, speaking about trains that flew in the air without tracks and river barges that could travel into outer space. Well you might understand that we were a bit unnerved by this crazy talk, so the town decided to band together and force Zerg out. A massive gun fight broke out between his creatures and us and soon, few of us remained alive to even tell the tale. Tanner threw me in here because I had originally gone along with Zerg’s mindset. And now here we sit, the few of us that remain in fear that Zerg will return and destroy our town completely.”

Rick remained silent as the gravity of the situation loomed over their heads. He met Cian’s eyes and both nodded, understanding what the other was thinking. “If there is any way that we can help—“

“You can help us by leaving.” Tanner demanded as he pushed open the Jail’s wooden door and stepped out of the blistering sunlight. “This is a town matter and nothing two youngin’s can think to fix all by themselves. We’ve decided that you may not be hostile to our town, but the fact remains that we do not want you here. At three o’clock, you’ll be boarding the train and will be returned to the park’s entrance to the south.

“You can’t just kick us out! We’ll be erased if we don’t find the man on the mountain!!” Cian roared but his remark was brushed aside by Tanner’s gloved hand.

“Better two people face erasure than our entire town. It may seem cruel, but you are outsiders and we won’t make the same mistake again.”

Day 2, 2:48 pm

Across the park, Kairi, Sora, Riku and Kay sat at the base of Cinderella’s Castle staring down the deserted Main Street as a light breeze swirled along the path picking up loose articles of paper and transporting them wherever it wanted.

“It’s nearly three, they should be done by now.” Sora commented quietly, as he drew images imaginary images on the steps.

“What would happen…if they were erased?” Kairi softly asked.

Kay shrugged her shoulders, letting a lock of golden red hair fall across her face. “I don’t know…if it’s anything like the game…”she stopped not wanting to think of the possible outcome.

“Someone must be gunning for them.” Riku announced. “I mean, they were taken captive on Pirates of the Caribbean, and now they are still on a mission that is probably more complicated then ours were. Something’s not right about all this.”

The group remained silent in agreement as the sun began to slowly give way to the clutches of the approaching darkness.

Day 2, 3:06 pm

Rick and Cian sat on a long wooden bench bolted to the side wall of a train compartment shackled together as buildings and desert landscape flashed by as the rustic gold gleaming turn of the century era steam powered train plunged onward, releasing a white trail of exhaust to the heavens.

Stationed at each said of the compartment door stood two Big Thunder denizens, each holding a different model of weapon each without anything in their mind but making sure the two prisoners remained so the entire trip.

Cian glanced at his watch, noting the time and cleared his throat weakly. “Fifty four minutes left…how are we going to get out of this? If we don’t find the man—“

“I know. I’m not sure what we can do. I can’t reach the pen without drawing attention from Tex over there.” Rick slowly motioned toward the shotgun wielding guard.

“I just hope everybody else is ok, at least they’ve got a fighting chance.”

Rick turned awkwardly till his eyes met Cian. “All of us have a fighting chance. Besides,” Rick unleashed a wicked smile, “I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeves.”

“Oi, you two: cut the chit chat. I don’t want to have to explain to Tanner how his two prisoners ended up unconscious and smeared in blood for trying to escape.” The guard gruffly demanded, waving the shotgun in a slow circle between the two.

To the right, the seating compartment door slid soundlessly back, allowing in clouds of dust and desert heat. Tanner entered, his Peacemaker drawn and ready. He glanced in the direction of the guard. “Wyatt, I don’t want there to be any injury that happens to either of these two. They may have been looking for the Prospector for their own means, but we do not need to show them any hostility.”

“Then let us go!” Rick demanded as he attempted to loosen his restraints but which resulted in little more than noise and pain.

Tanner shook his head. “We will be letting you out at the Main Street terminal, that way we don’t risk you doubling back.”

“We have to find complete the mission or we are both DEAD!” Cian stated as he continued to stare down Tanner.

“That may very well be, but we are already deep in the mountains. It’ll take another ten to reach the switch track to Main Street. I suggest you both sit here good and quiet till then.” And with that, Tanner was gone, leaving an empty hollowness in the compartment and the rhythmic clanking of the steel tracks to torment the duo as the minutes continued to dissolve away as the train trekked deeper into the Big Thunder Mountain Range.

***​

“There it is, right on time.” Minamimoto declared as he lowered a pair of powerful binoculars from his eyes as the train danced along a series of turns a handful of miles ahead.

Sebax nodded, watching the approaching train with equal parts fear and excitement. He hoisted his rotating Keyblade and pulled down a silver bandana over the lower part of his face. “Shiny. Let’s be bad guys.”

From another perch overlooking the canyon, a lone figure knelt on his heels and remained there, watching the train approach. It would be close. He brushed a collection of dust from his trousers as he readjusted his tan overcoat and pushed down a worn gray Stetson with a low cut crown.

He inhaled slowly, letting all the worries of the past three days bleed away until his mind was completely empty, then he leapt into the waiting vast emptiness.

The rotary composer and the delinquent math genius snuck slowly out of a portal of darkness and stood with their backs opposite the doorway leading into the conductor’s cab and glanced inside, seeing only the conductor resting quietly atop a wooden stool occasionally adjusting a series of levers and knobs to keep the fire stoked inside the belly of the beast.

Minamimoto unleashed a sinister lopsided grin and swung his red bandana around and removed a pin from the inside of his jacket pocket. Sebax’s eyebrows rose quizzically as he moved silently inside.

The Conductor shifted and turned to dispense another shovel’s worth of coal when he froze, staring down the long shaft and into the twinkling eyes of Sebax and Minamimoto.

“Is this a hold up?” The Conductor demanded as he began to lift his hands into the air.

Sebax smirked. “No. It’s a science experiment.”

Minamimoto groaned and lifted his hand, unleashing a bullet of energy into the Conductor’s chest, instantly knocking him unconscious. “Stop with the freaking zetta cliché one liners! They are driving me up a zetta wall!”

Suddenly a screech erupted from the controls as the Conductor’s body rolled off the stool and altered a series of configurations. Instantly, the train began to slowly pick up speed as the coal and steam began to punch the locomotive toward impending doom.

The train ripped around a sharp corner and the mountain and threw all standing persons crashing around the compartments. Minamimoto laughed gleefully as he began to reach for the ladder leading to the roof. “Time to earn my stripes.”

As if he the heavens had opened, the figure fell toward the approaching ground at peace. The howling of the wind refused to penetrate a vault of silence he had wrapped around his subconscious as a single memory flashed in his mind.

The dimly lit interrogation room stank of death and decay as a figured sat strapped to a deformed chair as wires escaped from his chest and fed themselves into a machine built into the wall.

The sound of dripping liquid echoed across the empty room, each droplet sending a crushing wave of pain through the beaten and battered body. Another figure detached itself from the shadows behind the figure, a folder resting in its hands as it began to slowly tisk.

“What were you expecting to gain from all this? You think that you could destroy our little ‘game’? We’ve had others like you and I’ll tell you something that you should remember: none survived crossing us. Is that what you really want, to gain your fee and return to that poor excuse of a life before? You are nothing but a plague.”

The figures eyes snapped open as he unclasped a long triple barreled shotgun and aimed for the cliff and fired. A blast of compressed air exploded from the barrel as a thin wire connected to a spike raced toward its target, shattering the cliff wall and burrowing itself a good foot and a half deep.

The slack in the line quickly vanished and the figure’s descent immediately ended. He accepted the change in momentum and swung wide right, above the train tracks and unclasped the wire.

He began to fall but as he did the train blew out of the tunnel beneath him faster than he had anticipated and he collided hard on the roof of the third cab from the front and rolled backwards till he fell down onto the small walkway between railcars.

“What the hell was that?!” The guard demanded as he ran forward only to be thrown into the far side wall a moment later as the train barely remained on the tracks around another series of sharp turns.

The shotgun that had been firmly embedded in his hands ripped away and accidently went off, blowing apart a section of the roof above where the thud had originated. In its place a second later, the door blew off its hinges and shattered into dozens of flying projectiles that caught the guard squarely in his chest, sending him crashing in a heap to the car floor.

Rick and Cian remained awestruck as the series of events transpired before them until the figure slowly stood, his eyes hidden beneath the brim of the cowboy hat. “What do you—“

“We haven’t got time, they are coming for you and you have less than an hour to complete your task. Don’t ask questions Rick, just do as I say and we all might get out of this alive.” The figure interjected, turning around and checking to see if anymore guards would run to the sound of gunfire.

Cian frowned. “How do you know his name?”

The figure paused at the new opening and lowered his head. “You have no right nor reason to trust me, but I’m a variable that was overlooked, I’m an ally just don’t expect me to come to save your asses every time you get in deep.”

“What do you mean every time we’ve been in trouble? We were doing fine up until you showed up and this is the first time I’ve seen your face friend.

“Pirates of the Caribbean, I helped you both out of the water and onto the ships otherwise you would have played into their plan.”

“What plan?”

The figure shook his head and drew his custom weapon again. “Another day perhaps.” And blew apart the lock binding the players as he leapt from the walkway like a ghost.

“What’s going on man?” Cian asked as he flexed his wrists as Rick stood staring out the sidecar window where the figure had vanished.

“He seems familiar somehow…like I know him.”

“Either way, I think we’d better got off this thing before we take one corner too fast.”

Rick nodded and extracted his pen and raced toward the rear compartment door as his Keyblade leapt to life.

***​

Sebax remained in the conductors cab staring silently at the foreign instruments used to keep the train under control, and every gauge and valve screamed impending doom. He surveyed the cab and brushed off the stool, withdrawing a small handheld communications device.

After a handful of keystrokes, he smiled. I spy with my little eye…He leaned forward and began to furiously type away a message that would be received hopefully before his moment of opportunity completely collapsed.

The wind blasted past as Rick and Cian slowly crawled through the next compartment, the windows inside lying in shatters as furniture remained scattered and damaged. A screech of metal rattled through the entire train as the wheels protested the speed at which the train was screaming along the tracks.

“I think we’ve got to get to the front and figure out a way to stop this train before we hit one corner too many.” Cian stated as he paused against the compartment door.

“I’m all for that. Hopefully those guards were the only ones, but we still have to find Tanner.”

Rick gripped the door handle and began to pull before the door slammed aside, throwing Rick off balance and teetering backwards as Tanner entered the compartment, his gun pointed at the two partners. “Well well…are we planning a great escape? Well either way, I can’t accept that.”

“What do we have to do to prove to you that we aren’t the bad guys?!” Cian demanded, the anger slowly growing in his eyes.

Tanner grinned. “Who said that we aren’t the bad guys?”
    From behind them, a figure burst through a window on the right, rolling to his feet as he stood menacingly blocking the rear door. “Aww Tanner, why’d you have to go and spoil our little surprise? I wanted to see their reaction after they enjoyed some Noise.” Minamimoto tsked loudly as he began to remove a handful of pins.

Rick glanced back at Tanner angrily. “All that back at Big Thunder was a sham! You blame us for double crossing you and here you stand with the man who sent us to find you pointing a scatter gun at US!”

Minamimoto shifted where he stood. “I didn’t send you the mission, that is up to the Composers, we just make sure everything runs as it should, but you two seem to like defying norms. Not any longer.” He leapt forward and unleashed a blast of light bullets Toward Rick as he flung an overturned bench at Cian.

Cian braced himself as the bench rammed into him, throwing him backwards. The bullets rocketed toward Rick who’s blade rose up and barely deflected each blast into the compartment walls. As the last bullet ricocheted away, Minamimoto slammed a high arching kick past the Keyblade and connected between Rick’s right shoulder and neck, sending him crashing to the ground.

Cian jumped to his feet, shaking off the cobwebs as his eyes focused as he watched Rick crumple to the floor. He reached down and hoisted up the backrest of the broken bench and heaved it toward Tanner. Tanner unleashed a blast of buckshot into the wood but the edge glanced off his head knocking him against the door. Minamimoto dodged to the side and slashed upwards, blasting a hole in the roof.

As the debris rained down, Rick’s eyes snapped open and he rolled onto his side coughing. Minamimoto laughed and reached down and hoisted Rick up by his shirt collar. “Think you can avoid the game? We just want to play around with the pawns!” he roared with a great heave, flung Rick through the roof and leapt off the backs of two benches and vanished through the hole.

Cian swore, realizing that his partner was in grave danger, raced through the forward door, leaping over the unconscious Tanner and spun around seeing a ladder leading up to the roof and raced toward the approaching fight.

“So, how are you enjoying your new Keyblade?” Sora asked Kay as she sat shifting the steel and glass handled blade in her hands.

“It feels natural, as if this was always supposed to be mine.”

Sora nodded, recalling the first time he had encountered the Kingdom Key. “Looks like we’ll be having another person to practice with when this is all over with.” He grinned but an immediate sadness crossed his face as his memory flashed back to Rick and Cian. “OH! I didn’t mean—“
    “Relax Sora,” Kairi whispered as she moved forward and rested a hand on Kay’s knees. “If those two are anything like what we’ve come to know in two days, I’m sure that they can handle anything.”

Kay then smiled and brushed away wet eyes as Kairi’s cheerful attitude warmed greatly to seeing her new friend happy once more.

“Guys.” Riku spoke up, drawing everyone’s attention to his p.i.d. “I think we’ve got a problem…”

As soon as the words had left his lips, each of the others p.i.d.’s began to simultaneously vibrate. Kay lifted hers out of her pocket and frowned at the screen. “’Your friends are in trouble, follow the road West toward the mountain ranges of Big Thunder. You have fifteen minutes. ~AG’….who the crap is AG?”

Sora shook his head. “I don’t know, but who ever it is seems to want us to get a move on. Let’s go.”

As the group began to sprint west, a lone single train whistle could be heard far into the distance, ticking down the seconds.

Meanwhile, across the galaxy, evening was falling on a small Floridian suburb where fire sirens could be heard blaring from somewhere down near the main road. In this small cul-de-sac, a flat-screen monitor came back to life as nimble fingers practically danced along the keyboard as the user delved onto the information superhighway. As he surfed from page to page, he quickly launched into kh-vids, the only place where the teen user felt he could talk, write, and from time to time, share his opinions with others.

In the small computer room, the sounds of National Treasure blared from the speakers, the movie playing in the background, hidden beneath browsers and images. Balancing the movie with the Internet, the user known only as BaseSebastian, signed on and took a look at the one area he always checked, but was usually distained to find empty, his Private Message notification, in the top-right corner of the screen. But instead of finding it empty, he instead saw a bold one flashing back. Hoping it wasn't another infraction notice from RoxasvsRiku, a small gray window popped up with the words "Prigioniero da creazione".

"What the heck?" Base asked himself, not understanding why the writer had decided to write the subject in a different language.

Instead of opening it right away, Base clicked on the "new tab" button of the Internet explorer, and brought up Dictionary.com's translator. Having taken a class in Italian once, and recognizing the style of the phrasing in the title, he selected "Italian to English" then typed in the first word, Prigioniero. Waiting patiently, the translation came up: "Captive". Not a good sign..., Base thought to himself as typed in the third word, already knowing "da" meant "from".....and for some odd reason, the page decided not to be its usual fast-showing self, and instead took an entire two minutes pop-up. Finally, Base inwardly groaned, facing the screen, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion. The translation for creazione was creation.

"And what in God's name does mean? Captive from Creation?" Base asked himself aloud. Did it mean somebody was having a hard time writing a story and couldn't come up with any plot point? He was always offering his help in those cases, which usually never came. He wouldn't let a shot like this pass him by, so he eagerly brought back kh-vids, and clicked the unread message. Inside it read:

~Oh thank the maker, this blood bath is going to feel so good on my heartless veins,~

"Not a very good opening...messing with a C-3PO line like that?" Base stated sarcastically, reading further.

~Thanks to some helpful allies of mine, I've escaped that dome prison you call a mind, and made a new life for myself in a different world. This may Sound Egressing for you, But, that's All the more eXhilerating for me. At this moment, I sent to you a warning: I've got that pseduo-family of yours, practically under my thumb, while watching your friends dance to a different tune and I'm helping to REAP, the benEfits of theiR miSery. The World Elevates my plans to Walk among those with hearts, SavvY? If, by any means, you want to help your friends out of this mess, don't think of this a trap, mouse.~

Base finished the entire message with bewilderment, confused by what the sender meant. Obviously, he wasn't being asked for help, he was being warned by somebody who claimed to escape....his mind? Whoever this freak was, he needed to learn how to type without randomly pressing caps lock all the time. And if this mystery man wanted him to show up so much, why didn't this nut tell him where to go?

Just then, the movie was starting back over, the ending having passed while he had gone to dictionary.com and read the message and tried to figure it out.

"The legend writ, the stain affected. The key in Silence undetected. Fifty-five in Iron pen, Mr. Matlack can't offend, it's a code..." came the familiar voice of Nicholas Cage as Ben Gates in reference to having just found the hidden ship Scarlett.

Base face palmed himself, finally understanding the intentions of the capitalized letters. So he reached for a pen and paper, and wrote down all of the letters as they appeared in the message. From it, he got the words, "Sebax", "Reapers", and "TWEWY". Also, he figured Pseudo-family had to relate to a forum family he was part of, and one he considered closest to him. The Writers Family, one he was particular of out of the few families he had signed up for, was most likely the meaning behind that part. Sebax? That was the name of the Nobody character he had created when Base had first signed onto kh-vids, but he wasn't real, so it was obviously a poser. "Reapers?" Grim Reaper, death, something...? That was something not so easy to decipher, so he skipped it for now and went to TWEWY. That he knew what it meant, the entire forum had been raving about it for a while now, and some game he had never played called the "The World Ends With You." Still needing to figure out what a reaper was, Base took a chance and brought up Wikipedia, typing in the name of the game, and scrolling the article until he found anything.

In little time, he found it, "The Reapers, a group of people who force people into games, with the risk of erasure if they do complete the task in a set time-limit." So this at least made some sense, all of it having to do with some game.

The only part he couldn't figure out was where he was supposed to go. bringing the PM back onto screen, Base prepared his computer with the task of permanently deleting the stupid spam message, and get on with his life. But then, by pure happenstance, his mouse did that stupid thing where it double clicked and moved the cursor. So instead of deleting the message, it instead highlighted the words.

Peeved just a bit at his always untrustworthy mouse, he was about to steadily click delete and try that again, just when his hazel eyes met with words at the very last stanza of the message. In the classic white color type trick, were the words, "By way of Main Street you must travel, but not wings for this flight will be inverted. Look outside, and follow the white rabbit”

Base gazed at the revealed phrase and gulped. He figured now where he had to go: The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, but who exactly was "He" who would know him?

Base looked out the window and stared in amazement, as the darkness now settled on the entire Sunshine State, a silver and black DeLorean sat idling outside of his house. Quickly he reread the white text and his eyes grew huge. “Look outside…” Whatever he had to do, his path was standing in front of him, no good nights rest to think things over. Closing all of the applications and turning the computer off, Base began to wonder what mess had just fallen into his lap.

As Cian flew up the rungs of the ladder, the sound of fighting grew even louder in between the gusts of wind that buffeted his body. His eyes slowly peeked over the last rung and before him stood a tired Rick, battered and beaten parrying a trio of chops that continued to wear down his defenses. If only I had a Keyblade! Cian angrily thought, realizing that he had not picked up a single weapon in the demolished compartment.

He began to descend the ladder, but a bone crunching punch could be heard above the wind, and Cian turned to see Rick drop to his knees clutching his stomach. Minamimoto took a step backwards, flexing his right first as he sneered at Rick, unaware that Cian was clinging to the ladder a few feet behind.
    “You are too zetta slow old man! When are you going to give in and accept that you lost? You’ve got a little less than twenty minutes till you and your little friend are erased and I earn my wings.”

Rick coughed hard, spewing a mouthful of blood across the roof, one eye slowly vanishing beneath swelling eyelids, the other eye wavered in and out of focus. “I—I’m not—that OLD!”

Cian took the cue and pulled himself onto the roof, using the speed of the train and the wind, jumped high and sailed across the roof till he landed on top of Minamimoto. The sudden addition of weight unbalanced him as a blast of light bullets shot away, sending a cloud of debris from the canyon walls raining down on the track behind the speeding train.

As Cian had jumped, Rick had hoisted his Keyblade handle in the crook of his left arm and shakily rose, lunging forward with his blade toward Minamimoto...

A foreign chill ripped through Cian’s lower back as Rick’s blade missed his intended target and now sat wedged in Cian’s back, a slow stream of blood began to trail from the wound, soaking his clothes as his arms released Minamimoto.

“NOOO!!!” Rick hoarsely screamed as Cian began to slowly fall to the roof as Minamimoto stood as if he were brushing off a renegade bug.

“One down, one to go. You are taking all my fun!” He sneered and with a flick of his wrist, a series of light bullets bombarded the roof in front of Cian, ripping it from the beams and sending Cian cart wheeling through the air and over the side of the rear railroad car.

Cian began to slowly tumble through the air but his trajectory changed as his body landed on the lip of the walkway leading into the last compartment. He remained their motionless, as slowly, a crimson pool began to form around him as his breathing became slower, more methodical.

“I….what’s going on…I” His voice trailed off into incomprehensible English as his eyes slowly dimmed beneath his eyelids.

Cian…

Slowly, Cian’s eyes reopened as a deep voice began to drag him from the gates of eternal sleep forcefully.

Cian…we call for it…hunger for it…let us snack…

Cian glanced around as best he could in confusion as the voice began to cackle maniacally, sending torrents of cold sweat down his back as the blade remained securely wedged in his lower back. “I-I can’t, what are—“

The choice is yours and yours alone. Live or die. Either way faces consequences but only once path is wise…choose.

Cian’s vision began to swim from the severe blood loss. Slowly a foreboding blackness began to shimmer from the sides of his vision. “Life.” He whispered.

Rest Cian…rest. The voice softly bellowed as Cian vanished into the clutches of unconscious thought.

Minamimoto stood over Rick, a pin stuck between each finger of his right hand, toy fully playing with each like a cat entertaining a mouse. “So what’ll it be: Firing Squad? Strangulation? Blood loss? The choices are endless it seems.”

Rick struggled to his knees as the train beneath him bucked wildly. “What does it matter? You’ve beaten me, and you are monologuing? Cut the chit chat and get it over before the time expires. I’d hate to ruin your plans.”

Minamimoto glanced behind Rick and his complexion changed from jubilant to anger. “You were told to stay inside and drive.”

“No can do, this train has a one way ticket to kaboom, and I’m not sitting in the front row.” Sebax slammed back moving to just behind Rick. “The big wigs gave us our orders and we are to follow them, and if memory recalls, killing him wasn’t on the checklist.”

“I know, but I can’t let this moment go. I’ve waited eons to prove my worth to those clowns, and now I have my shot.” A cold deadly gleam boiled into Minamimoto’s eyes as he lifted his left palm toward Sebax where a countdown could be seen. “ ‘End the Poetic Pirates tale or face Erasure.’ Happy?”

Sebax’s eyes remained fixed on Minamimoto’s hand as confusion spread across his face. Minamimoto laughed. “The higher ups are playing a side game. Either way, one of us wins and one of us dies.”

“I choose you.” A rumbling raspy voice challenged behind Mimamimoto.

Minamimoto swiveled and stared in utter bewilderment as Cian stood in a fighters pose, wielding both hands around a the grip of a long double edged that shimmered with each ray of light that cascaded down between the high cliff peaks. The interesting and otherwise deadly addition besides the blade itself was spikes jutting out in all directions, intent on doing the highest possible damage. A cold, crimson tint flooded Cian’s eyes as his mouth hung slightly open, bearing his teeth. A dark trail of blood covered the train roof from where Cian had limped from the assumed death.

“No one could have survived that fall! The numbers and odds were against any probable factor!” Minamimoto stammered, his eyes darting crazily between Cian and Rick, unsure which presented the greater threat.

“Sebax, take care of Rick, the kid is mine.”

Minamimoto swung around, unleashing a blast of lightning toward Cian, who nimbly ducked rolled beneath the blast of plasma, coming up on his knees without a glimmer of pain swung his saber.

It seemed impossible from a distance well over double the length of the blade, but a scream erupted from Minamimoto as the blade sliced across his right leg, sending him tumbling to the ground. Rick stared in amazement as Cian rose slowly, all his focus locked on his target. Sebax’s attention hovered on the back of Rick’s head as the situation quickly escalated from calm to the odds stacked against him. Slowly he knelt down, and dropped a green oblong shaped bottle into Rick’s lap. “This isn’t over, just a delay of game on account of rain.”

Rick stared at the potion resting in his lap. “Why are you doing this?”

“Because I feel that people should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people. Hit me.”

“What?”

Sebax rolled his eyes. “I want you to hit me as hard as you can.”

A blast of energy slammed into Sebax from across the train as Cain deflected a shock blast. Sebax flew into the air, a stream of blood dripping from a laceration to his forehead. “See you on the flip side.” He hollered before dissolving into nothingness through a portal of darkness.

Cian grinned as Sebax vanished, pleased the deflection hit it’s mark. “One down, Ego to go.”

Minamimoto stared in fear as Cian began to slowly move forward, dragging his blade against the train roof. “You can’t do it. You kill me, then you still face erasure. Either way we are not making it off this train.”

Cian blinked unemotionally. “We are hungry…” and swung the blade in a sideways arc, meeting its destination as Minamimoto sunk to the train, cleaved in two.

The smell of iron flooded Cian’s senses as the blade fell to his side, a splattering of blood slowly dripping from the tip. A chilling darkness cheered within his mind as he moved toward the body.

“Cian!” Rick shouted, fearing the transformation that had gripped his friend. “Snap out of it man! This isn’t you!”

Cian tilted his head to the side, his blood red eyes zeroing in on Rick. “The smell is calling for us, we hunger…”

“I didn’t mean to hurt you man! You should have taken it out of me, not him! You killed him! Was it worth taking a life?!”

The words seemed to slice through the clouded mask inside of Cian’s head as the deep voice whispered for him to ignore Rick’s words and feast. Cian shook his head slowly, trying to loosen the internal voice. “I—I—No. You can’t--“

Rick stepped forward determined. “Cian, come back to reality man, this isn’t you. Look at your hand.”

Cian slowly raised his hand and stared in mixed amazement as the countdown timer slowly vanished into nothing. “We made it, and I’m not going to lose you dude. Fight through this. I know it sounds cliché but freaking snap out of it.”

The voice inside of Cian’s head roared in protest as Cian’s subconscious began to take over. You will return to us. You’ve tasted our power, and you will long for more… Slowly Cian looked up, the blood red color of his eyes dissolved away as the blade grew heavy in his hand. “Rick…”

Rick shook his head. “Don’t apologize dude. We’ll talk later. Right now, I think we should figure away off this ride.”

“We might want to move faster...” Cian stated as his eyes grew wide, pointing behind Rick.

Rick turned as the train shot out of the canyon and continued to gain speed as it flew downhill toward a bridge that crossed over the River of America toward the distant island…the only problem was that the bridge was still under construction.

“Oh Shiz.”

The train blasted through a series of wooden construction warnings, hell bend on making it across the bridge, even if it was not finished yet. The train reached the last wooden track and sailed forward, into the emptiness, unleashing a blast from its whistle and followed through the downward arc. It nearly made it across the expanse, but slammed into the island’s rock face, erupting into a blast of explosive flames as train parts ripped into the rock face and rained down into the awaiting watery grave below.

The explosion could be felt across the park and as the group began to race past the early nineteenth century pirate ship Columbia resting peacefully at her dock. They froze as they watched the train fly across the bridge and pound the side of the cliff. The blast of fire tore across the bridge setting it ablaze as burning wreckage crashed into the murky water less than a quarter mile away.

“Are we too late?” Sora whispered as he remained starting at the growing fire.

“Almost.” Another voice answered from behind the group.

Everyone turned to stare at the man with the tan overcoat and cowboy hat rested against a turn of the century light pole. “What do you mean almost?” Riku demanded as he summoned Way to the Dawn.

The figure raised his hands. “I’m not here to turn you guys in. I’m not with the others. You got my text then, good. Take the next right and you should be able to help your friends.”

Kay’s eyes narrowed. “You are AG?”

The figure remained silent with his head still pointing toward the ground. “I am. You are wasting time Kay, the others have are slipping away. Take the next right, and survive the next five days.”

“How do you—“

“Times ticking.” AG stated as he turned and walked back toward the Castle.

“Where are you going? If you know they were alive why didn’t you help them!?” Kairi demanded.

AG continued walking and vanished around the next corner. Riku stared in his direction, refusing to trust the man that had appeared to know so much. “Come on. Let’s get Rick and Cian.”
    ***​
    The debris from the train lazily traveled along the River of America as Rick’s eyes slowly opened to see Cian clinging to an overturned door. His head was starting to buzz with pain as the memories of the last few minutes rocket through his mind.

The train rumbled over the wooden draw bridge without a care in the world as Rick and Cian stood atop the warzone compartment. “JUMP!” Rick roared as the train plunged off the bridges edge.

The partners plummeted into the icy water just as the train exploded. Rick struggled to get his bearings as the murky water was soon chaotic with sinking debris. Cian broke the surface just before Rick and began to swim as far away from the falling debris. Rick quickly caught up and latched onto a compartment door. Seeing that Cian did as well, he promptly passed out from exhaustion.

Rick blinked as he rolled onto his side. “Well we dodged a bullet there didn’t we.”

Cian laughed. “It looks like you and I are getting a nice workout. Deadly pirates, renegade trains. What next?”

“I don’t know, but I’m getting too old for this.”

From the shore, Rick and Cian watched as Sora and Riku skidded around a corner with Kairi and Kay in hot pursuit. “GUYS!” Cian yelled, waving his arms as Sora and Riku dove into the river and helped pull the duo to shore.

“Are you guys ok?” Kay asked as Cian clambered over the wooden railing. “It’s been…different.” He responded, unsure how best to sum up his experience. Instead he pulled out a small keyclip and showed it to Kairi and Kay. “I got a Keyblade.” He proudly showed and summoned his sword but frowned. The blade was similar to what he had seen before, with the dual edged blade, but the tip seemed to have transformed, having taken the blood of Sho Minamimoto and freezing the tip to resemble a spurting of blood.

“That’s interesting, does it have a name?” Kay asked as Sora climbed over the railing.

Cian glanced down the blade shaft and noticed a crimson series of crimson lettering glistening in the setting sun. “Blood Gauger.”

Riku climbed over the railing and grimly shook his head, letting loose a spray of water over the group. “We seem to have gotten off easy, they are gunning for you two.”

“Where were you guys? Were you guys looking for the prospector too?” Cian asked.

Sora and Kay gave each other a confused look. “No me and Kairi had to remove a Keyblade from a stone, while Kay and Riku went racing.”

“Racing…that sounds easy enough.” Rick coughed as he slowly pulled himself onto the railing.

“Don’t bet on it NASCAR-head.” Kay grinned as she moved over to help Rick over the
    railing with Riku.

Rick stepped over the railing with the help, but his foot slipped and he fell forward, just as Kairi turned to see if she could help and pushed Kairi to the ground accidentally.

Kairi hit the ground as Rick fell on top of her, but in the confused instant chaos she was unable to let loose a surprised gasp from her mouth as her eyes opened the same moment Rick’s did as his lips were pressed firmly against hers.

Sora, Riku, Cian and Kay went dead silent as Rick clumsily lifted himself off of the Princess of Hearts. His eyes were as wide as car headlights as he sheepishly realized what had just happened as Kay and Riku stood gape mouthed, Sora began to stare down Rick so hard that he felt like his spine was being ripped to shreds by a black hole. Cian meanwhile, was texting on his p.i.d. “YouTube, here we come.”

***​
    Haunted Mansion Séance Room

Sebax entered from the rear doorway, limping in as all eyes seemed to train on him. He slowed and gulped unsure what to say.

“Well?” The voice of Shades questioned as the Superior leaned forward, folding his arms together.

“Minamimoto went rouge.” Sebax answered, fully expecting the silent atmosphere

Madame Liotta’s orb remained silent momentarily as she collected her thoughts. “A pawn undone my fates cruel hand, the will of all will not disband. More to come soon I fear, unless you act and add to the game.”

The Superior remained silent as he processed the prophetic riddle. He turned his attention to Kitaniji. “One day down and instead of each group being removed, one of your closest Reapers is gone. I told you not to under estimate these teens.”

Megumi Kitaniji shifted in his chair. “Each game has its own causes and effects. We could have said there was a chance it could backfire, but we didn’t have all the factors under our belt.”

Sebax nodded. “The masked man.”

“Exactly. We do not know who he or she is, but we believe we have a lead…and if so…it’s not good.”

The Superior raised an eyebrow. “Care to interpret?”

Megumi cleared his throat slowly. “We think that he is from the U.G. A player we were interested in bringing to our ranks…vanished. We assumed he was erased but from what our security cameras were able to pick up from the Frontierland section of the park, it is AG.”

“Is this a problem?”

Megumi shrugged. “He’s been playing our game for two months where as others last a week if that. If he is helping out your players then I would say yes.”

The Superior nodded and turned to Sebax. “With Sho gone, we need to gather our numbers as a precaution. Sebax, bring them in.”

Sebax nodded and lifted up a three pronged candelabra. As he did so, a staircase grew out of the ground, wrapping around the circular room until the stairs came to rest at the foot of a hidden, cobweb covered door. He ascended the staircase and vanished beyond into the clutches of darkness.

As he watched Sebax go, the Superior removed a small device from inside of his robe. It was cylindrical and covered with a series of unrecognizable dials and buttons. He began to input a series of commands and smiled as a series of confirmation beeps pinged. He glanced up at Megumi. “And here…we…go.”

***​

The long sloping hallway wound and curved as doorways lead to hundreds of passages, rooms and chambers lined every inch of the mansion’s three storied structure. He made his way through the labyrinth and past the eerie graveyard scene where animatronics ghouls and ghosts would serenade passing guests with different variations to the hauntingly simple song, “Grim Grinning Ghosts”.

Near the last grouping of headstones, Cian turned left and pushed open a trick glass door, stepping into a high tech electronic nerve center. He set down the candelabra on a stack of instruction manuals. He pulled up a chair to a series of five monitors and flipped a chrome toggle.

The room instantly lit up, casting the room in a teal and gold glow as towers of hard drives kicked into life. Sebax leaned back and cracked his knuckles. On the screens, information streamed in as at the bottom most screen popped up a tab for the KHV website.

Sebax entered a flurry of keystrokes and an input box flashed across the screen. He smiled and began to enter codenames:

Mexony​
    Saint​
    V​
    Destiny​
    Dem​
    L’arancia​
    TChoosen1​
    Base
    Shells
    Cupcake​
    Ra
    Sis
    MaskedMan
    Jokester
    X

Sebax grinned and for fun he threw in a handful of other codenames of his choosing and hit submit. The tower hard drives stirred to life, sending out the commands across the universe.

From across the stars, computer monitors kicked on as fifteen Kingdom Heart Video members each opened a private message and were sucked into their monitor as the hard drive towers beneath the Haunted Mansion burst to life as each member traversed the information superhighway, in a blink of an eye seemingly vanished from existence…all members being sucked from their everyday life…with only one member remaining MIA: BaseSebastian.

4. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Who is the mysterious yet roguishly debonair newcomer?!? I'm intrigued.....

Great work. I'm loving every minute of it.

5. Saintlikesgirls Chaser

6. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

That was...AMAZING!!! I was holding my breath as I read through this, I was so hooked. I can't wait for more!

7. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

That was a very good chapter! Long and I enjoyed it, really liked the description you put in. Keep up the great work. :)

8. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Yes! I didn't get sucked through a screen like out of some cheesy Sci-fi movie! I can't believe how well each character is so unique, so mysterious in their own way. And who knows, maybe I never would have found out who AG was if somebody quoted above hadn't given it away...although the cliche' joke was hilarious...xD. All-in-all, a fantastic chapter, even though it took a while to get seen.

Zerg was unexpected, quite a nice spin-off from what I originally theorized. (Prospector Pete is Woody's enemy in a way; Zerg is Buzz Lightyear's enemy.) The death scene of Sho, in a word: Fantastic. Macabre, yet keeping in the Disney-esque theme and such. The aparent deaths of Sebax AND Cian? I didn't really think you'd kill off Cian, as he is a very key-point character, but I did however believe Sebax had died; though it would have been untimely to the say the least..xD.

"I-I'm- Not that OLD!", the scene with me getting "Prigioniero da creazione",(Which the entire scene I basically wrote, Shades edited it; some assests better than what I wrote..xD), and the Train scene, the One-liners, the aquiring of a new Keyblade, Sho's death, and the appearance of AG, truely made this chapter stand out in this sure thriller of a fanfiction.

GET MORE FANFICTIONS REVIEWS AT INEEDALIFE.com xD

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

YAYS IM IN THE CHAPPY! sort of... im on the list anyways... does that mean i get to be in the story now? *hinthint*
    good chappy, anyways. =D

10. Destined Working for WDW

Thanks.

And to answer your question shells, every member mentioned in this last chapter will be in the story.

11. Fearless A good and beautiful child

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!1!! I GET TO MEET RIKU!!!!!!!!! *glomps dest* *glomps riku* *glomps everybody else*
    8D =D

12. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

I think I speak for Riku and Everybody else when I say:

GERROF!

xD

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

lemme alone, base... *sticks tongue out at chu*

14. SlippingStar Merlin's Housekeeper

Not very far at the moment,m but loving it, none the less. good work. I keep waiting for my screen to go green... xD

15. Fearless A good and beautiful child

arnt we all? *snickers*

16. Destined Working for WDW

*Raises hand*

It might just be me....and the fact that i'm writing 5 stories right now....but why would your screen go green...?

17. Fearless A good and beautiful child

i think he means that thing in the story where it was all like:
    KH-VIDS IS DOWN AND THE WRITERS FAMILY IS ALL DOOOOOOOOMED!!!
    or something like that
    =P
    if your wondering what im talking about then i have no idea either lolz

18. Destined Working for WDW

Day 3
    Coming to a forum near you by Halloween
    Let's see if you can find a way out...

19. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I've been skimming through and I'm liking this story :3

I told you I'd look at it XD

No complaints, keep it up.​

20. rexmildd15 Merlin's Housekeeper