Site News DarkDays Theme Released

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol'Sephy Traverse Town Homebody

In a mako tank. God, it sucks being soaked in thi
    Hey, Identity Theft... Got a proposal for you and/or any Admins who are in charge of this kind of thing...

If some of the members were to come up with a new theme for the site, would it be an option for use? It can be one of the secondary themes, like FunKy 2.0, not the main, default one. I have a couple ideas for themes, but I'd have to get an clear picture of what the other themes have been in the past...

As I don't have a solid computer that I can code or do graphics work on at the moment, I would probably be testing and coming up with ideas, but I could probably get some people together to work on it with me...

So, what do you think. You would be included, of course, and have the final say on whether or not you like the completed theme, (as, apparently, you have full access to the theme-changer thing, whatever it is). You can PM/VM me with your thoughts on that.

On a side note, I think it would be nice to create more options for people who don't like FunKy 2.0 or DarkDays. Maybe a theme based on the Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts, or a "baddies" theme, or a Keyblade theme... The possibilities are ample for a group to come up with something good.

Just a little something to think about.

- Ol'Sephy

PS: By the way, nice job on the skin. I like how it looks with the softer-looking image as the header. I found it funny how you used the KH:CoM/Re:CoM card in the graph of where in the forums you are. It looks good, a nice touch!

2. Misty gimme kiss

I don't know about the rest of the staff, but if you make a theme for us I don't see why we couldn't add it. I think having options is something that should be high on our To-Do list. I know we have quite a few themes leftover from when DS was here, but they would need to be modified to work with the new version of vB. I don't know if RvR has any plans to do this, as it'd be quite a bit of work from what I can see.

We had a Premium theme contest once but no one really payed much attention to it.

3. Ol'Sephy Traverse Town Homebody

Well, maybe if the people who were working on the newer themes were given the source code, (or whatever it uses), to the older, outdated themes, they could work on modifying them to be compatable... THEN we can work on new themes. Maybe? Just a li'l bit? xD

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject... And for agreeing with me. xD

- Ol'Sephy

PS: I'll make a thread in the Discussion area for recruitment to working on the themes. For the time being, it will be just what people think about it, so as to not assume that we'll get the okay to do it...

4. Misty gimme kiss

You'll have to ask RvR for those codes (Repliku/Snake Eyes might have them too), only Admins have access to that sort of stuff.

5. Ol'Sephy Traverse Town Homebody

Cool. I'll ask Snake Eyes now... But I have no clue who "RvR" is! xD I DO remember someone by the name of "Roxas-versus-Riku" or something like that, though. Is that the guy? I'll check the members list for that, (or something similar), and edit this post if I find an Admin who fits the bill.

Thanks for the info, too, Misty.

- Ol'Sephy

EDIT: Yep! Found it! Apparently, Identity Theft used to be Roxasversusriku... LOL Name change!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.