Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Trailer Analysis

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, as we've been providing you fast with Jump Festa 2008, we've now got a trailer analysis for Birth by Sleep! Like at TGS, we've been sure to cover everything we could as fast as we can.

The text starts off with "Sleep gives birth to the concealed fate of the past."

Destiny Island
    The screen then fades in with a conversation between Ven, and Terra.
    Terra: "Wasn't there a time when you was saving me?"
    Ven: "Back then it was probably because we were friends."
    Terra moves his hand to rests it on Ven's shoulders.
    Terra: "Thank you, Ven."

Place of Gathering
    The scene then switches to Terra, and Master Xehnoart who are in the "Place of Gathering."
    Xehanort: Did you believe about reaching forward to grasp that last glimmer? The wall of light and darkhas exceeded each other, creating the original me, and Terra waited for me impatiently." (While Xehanort is talking he opens one of his hands in a greeting fashion enraging Terra.)
    Terra: "I have a "Friend" What you have done has given me hatred to Xehanort."
    Terra then summons his keyblade, within the right hand.

Olympus Coliseum
    Ven meets Xehanort in Olympus Coliseum.

Ven: "Who a-...I've met you before. (Ven is surprised as he is remembering something.)
    Xehanort: "It seems you have lost something. However unless what you have lost is put back into your hands, it will be an eternal lost. Once you obtain it, grip it and understand the truth."

Xehanort is soon holding his hand out, as it begins to glow, Ven is watching with an expression of fear and confusion.

Gameplay
    Ven is showed as a playable character now, and Terra is also showed with gameplay. There is also a new Technique shown, with the movie "Aerial."

Yensid's Tower
    Mickey is shown defending himself with the keyblade. However soon he begins to fumble the keyblade and it vanishes. Goofy, Donald, and Yensid watch Mickey. Mickey soon looks back up to the Wizard, and summons his Keyblade once again.

Sleeping Beauty
    Malificent is looking around the castle where vines are everywhere. The crow soon lands on Malificent's shoulder as she turns towards Terra. Terra looks at Malificent, as Malificent begins to laugh doubtfully.

Place of Gathering 2
    Ven is facing off against the Dark Soldier, and knocks off his helmet, however his face is not shown. The scene soon switches to Terra holding an unconcious Ven, with Master Xehanort looking desperate, and apologetic.

Xehanort: "The person who has wrapped himself in the darkness does not have the qualification to weild a keyblade. He is a demon who has been taken by the darkness. Please correct my mistake..." (Just who is this Dark Soldier?)

Destiny Island
    Terra is looking out from the coast towards two boys who are playing at the beach. (Sora and Riku) At the same time Ven is at twilight town watching the Coast. He is looking down, and appears to be sad. "I don't want to be depended on, you are my "Friend" just erase me." ("Friend" might be refering to Aqua, or Terra)

Here are some interesting analysis, besides the obvious.

"Friend" could be referring to either Terra, or the mysterious Aqua.
    Xehanort may not have started off corrupt in the darkness, however his apprentice fell too deep in the darkness.

Source: FF&KH

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Dec 22, 2007.

1. jbizzler
      jbizzler
      I think Terra is the young Xehanort, the human version of Heartless Ansem and Nobody Xemnas. We know Terra is not entirely a good guy because of the secret fight in KH2:FM, and Nomura also said this game would have a lot to do with Xehanort.

Ven clearly looks like Sora/Roxas. Aqua clearly looks like Kairi/Namine. With the whole trio thing in mind, I think that also gives Terra some connection to Riku. If KH1 Ansem is Xehanort's/Terra's Heartless, that would also make the connection of Terra/Riku/Xehanort stronger. Change Riku's hair, eye-color, and complexion, and he could be Terra or Xehanort.

Also, from the trailers, it's clear Terra hates Master Xehanort. Maybe that's why, if he is KH2 Xehanort, his Heartless would take the form of what he hates, as in, KH1 Ansem and Master Xehanort having the same outfits.

So, if there are these three key-blade wielders, one question remains. Are Sora, Kairi, and Riku, somehow the children of Ven, Aqua, and Terra, or reincarnations, or siblings, or what?

You also have to think about what the enemies in Birth by Sleep are. They're not Heartless or Nobodies, so what's left? Heartless are the evil hearts. Nobodies are the empty shells left over from Heartless. Maybe the enemies in Birth by Sleep are the same type of entity Ven, Aqua, and Terra are. Maybe they're Heartfuls or Somebodies!
    2. Dredica
      Dredica
      Hmm, I can't wait for more news. Looks like this game is going to be better then the ones already realeased, I really don't want to wait over two years though.

They are appartnly called dis-souls, thats want I heard.
    3. Desi
      Desi
      Interesting
      thank you for that
    4. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo

I think they'd have to be called "Nothings"...not like what Xemnas said from the final fight in KH2 and KH2FM+, more like beings of nothing, made of entirely JUST nothing, and as for Ven, Terra, and Aqua..it seems do not know, we will just have to wait and see...what Nomura has in store...
    5. jay135011
      jay135011
      I'm starting to think MX isn't completely evil but by the secret ending DS is pulling all the strings and turns MX into his puppet. Because so far MX hasn't completely seemed all that evil except for in the secret ending.
    6. Donaut
      Donaut
      Thank you for this analysis Xaldin. ^^
    7. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      DS? And that's kind of true for MX.
    8. jay135011
      jay135011
      What's kind oftrue for MX. I mean i probably sound insane but so far he hasnt really been "evil" in the trailer.
    9. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Well, his "dark self" sure has...I mean, MX froze Venn for pete's sake.
    10. GhettoXemnas
      GhettoXemnas
      Thanks for the info Xal.
    11. jay135011
      jay135011
      Yeah, but that was in the secret ending. Like i said...
    12. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Right, right...so, we don't know MX's intentions then, do we? Not yet anyway...
    13. jay135011
      jay135011
      Well one of them might be involving hearts obviously considering KH in the secret ending.
    14. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Oh yeah...but what if MX isn't doing that, then what?
    15. jay135011
      jay135011
      Uhhh... I'll bake a pie or something unmanly because MX doing something that doesnt eventually lead to KH is actually not possible because he does summon KH.
    16. Kamikaze
      Kamikaze
      this game going to be sick
    17. jay135011
      jay135011
      ya. I personally think Birth By Sleep will be the best game yet because Nomura said he was thinking of multiplayer. 3 different story plots. And of course, The truth will come out.
    18. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      I think Nomura should do this, for each story you beat, you get a piece of what the truth is, you beat all three on hard mode, you get a secret ending of the beginning of KH.
    19. jay135011
      jay135011
      I've gotta bettar one. You get a cool ending for each plot and beating one on hardest gets you that plot secret ending. eh eh?
    20. Hell Kaiser Ryo
      Hell Kaiser Ryo
      better, how about we add both, meaning, after you beat all three...we might even get a fourth story...Mickey's story, making it a fourth and full secret ending of all three put together. eh eh?