New Interview Knight names confirmed!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, May 9, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys thanks to TheWertle, we got a confirmation of the knights names!

The knights names have been officially confirmed by Nomura himself! He has stated in the Interview that the female Knight's name is indeed "Aqua" and the Knight that looks like Roxas is named "Ven", and also states that their names are also references to Water, Wind, and Earth. Hopefully this information will clear up alot of things. It should also be noted that Sora, Riku, and Kairi also share similar elements.

[​IMG]

Sora = Sky as Ven = Wind
    Kairi has a similar kanji to Umi which = Sea as Water = Aqua
    Riku = Land as Earth = ???

Also Nomura has hinted that there may be some relation between Ven and Roxas, and if they were, then that would have to bring Sora into this as well!

Don't worry the interview will be translated soon

Side News

Moving to slightly non KH-related news, for those interested in the new S.E announced games including the FFIV Remake and FFDISSIDIA click Here

Roxas Edit: In even more unrelated news, the Story of the Week entries end tonight. If you haven't entered your story yet, and want to, register for the forum and post your story on the forum for judging.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, May 9, 2007.

1. Sunrikaiya
      Sunrikaiya
      Whoa! So, then the blonde knight only looks like roxas, I know Tetsuya stated that they were all new characters, but still. Sweet though, Arigatou!
    2. Peyton
      Peyton
      Wow, amazing that is some good news.
      It's cool how we get to know the names already.
      Why did we only get to know the names 'Aqua' & 'Ven' ?.
      Havn't he released the name of the last one yet?
      Well the names are kind of cool, and theit connection to some elements.
      Thank you so much TheWertle and Xaldin (:
    3. defaultkitty
      defaultkitty
      No one has pointed this out so I thought I would bring it up.

Play around with Xehanort's name (minus the x, of course) and you can spell "earth" although you're left with 2 useless letters ... probably nothing but interesting all the same.
    4. Ranger_vega87
      Ranger_vega87
      I'm glad they finally cleared that up, I was wondering if Ven and Aqua were there real names or not.
    5. Antidote
      Antidote
      Ahahahaha! This is so sweet. Remember just before the secret ending was posted, there were images put up first, including the one with Ven? During that flamewar on the news update, I was surprised to find that I was the only one who said, "oh come on, that looks EXACTLY like Roxas. He obviously has a relation to him".. To which people like John S called me an idiot?! It was painfully obvious. I had others telling me he looks nothing like Roxas and that I should get my eyes tested. Obviously they were the ones in need of an eye test, eh? ;)

Anyone who doubted me and the very few other members who agreed.. YOU SUCK!! :p hehe

Anyway, I like, I like. Reveal more Nomura, god damn you!
    6. TheManator
      TheManator
      HA!
      This shows those people whos wrong that that that guy WAS Roxas. Ha. Haha. Ha. Ha Ha. Hahahaha.
    7. koibito813
      koibito813
      thanks much to wertle! this answers a lot but rises a lot of questions. :? i had a feeling that Ven was his name AND that he was related to Roxas somehow. if that's the case, then i have a sharp feeling that those that interacted with roxas (i.e. namine, axel, the twilight kids) could return in KH3. makes me excited! :D

i always knew that riku, sora and kairi's names meant that from KHI.
    8. twilightsora13
      twilightsora13
      *runs in circles* THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING NEWS EVER!! *slams into a wall*

haha this is such deja vu for me, I feel the same way I kept feeling whenever I would hear something new about KH2 before it came out. XP Nomura would reveal something about the secrets behind Deep Dive, I'd soak it up like a sponge, and spend the next week or so freaking out because I just HAD to know more! *is doing so right now*

I am also proud to say that when I thought Ven was connected to Roxas I WAS RIGHT! *beams* that's never happened to me before....back before KH2 came out when they started releasing teaser trailers and stuff, I had all these wacked out theories...like Roxas was Sora from the future, that Riku had the blindfold because he had gone blind....one of the "unknowns" from Deep Dive was Kairi....*sweatdrop* I was one weird little kid back then.
    9. kpfjrx7
      kpfjrx7
      one of my friends thinks the article isn't about the knights because he thinks it's too early for square to release info like this
    10. koibito813
      koibito813
      it really is info about the knights; nomura said so himself. -is a praiser of everything nomura says XDD- SE already said that they'd release info on their next project of kingdom hearts around may or june so it really isn't that surprising if you think about it.
      we heard about KH2 some months after KHI so this news makes sense. ;)
    11. kpfjrx7
      kpfjrx7
      dude i know he still thinks he's right too i need a big counter argument.
    12. qwdc
      qwdc
      Care to mention which one?
    13. Zeftnon - The Superior
      Zeftnon - The Superior
      I got the perfect name for the ES: Onyx. It's a type of crystal and it has KINDA something to do with earth, and it really fits him. If not, maybe he's called Rock or something.
    14. Roxas The Hero
      Roxas The Hero
      Yes! I knew it! All those hours looking around on the web, and I guessed Aqua and Ven's names 3 months before they came out!
      To all of you who didn't believe me and called me an idiot...IN YOUR FACE:D :D
    15. cloudstrifejen
      cloudstrifejen
      Just found out that the last one is named AERO!!!! The only knight who took his helmet off! XD :) Heard that info from a friend of mine! ^^V
    16. Toshi
      Toshi

You think so... the two "useless" letters (except the x) are not useless;
      Xehanort: another - x
      no heart - x
      no earth - x

You're left with "n" and "o", which make "no", like no heart. So, if that's the case, "no earth" is one of Xehanort's names too.
    17. Zeftnon - The Superior
      Zeftnon - The Superior
      Right...

1.) "Aero" is wind. Wind is Ven. The third knight is supposed to be earth.
      2.) Lying is bad. Especially if it's a very obvious lie.
    18. Axel Dance of Flames
      Axel Dance of Flames
      Thats just give more questions now. I hope its going to have Sora/Kairi/Riku in it, it just wont feel like Kingdom Hearts without them and I dont want cameo appearances I want them as the protaganists.

Although the Birth of Sleep looks very promising anyway. =/
    19. shingo_the_pest
      shingo_the_pest
      *bursts out laughing* I feel a little of your pain. I got fustrated that everyone was spreading Aqua and Ven as being their official names, before it had been confirmed. :mad:

You're brilliant, both of you! It makes so much sense.

And it suggests that Nomura's been planning this since KH2, when the name Xehanort is first used.

I'm a full beleiver of the third knight being our current Xehanort, but I also buy into the theory that Baldy originally had the name (since in the E.S. battle, the knight doesn't treat the name as his own). So I want to point out that there's probably another name for the Earth knight, his original name.
    20. Invader Jack
      Invader Jack
      Thanks for that info!