New Interview: Reveals KH 3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

Hey everyone,

A new interview from Famitsu Weekly features an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, who discusses the Kingdom Hearts series. Details from Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix is mentioned. This is quite an interesting interview, so please enjoy.

Translations provided by HeartStation. Thanks to our member "Mish" for letting me know.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Stella Nox Fleuret
      Stella Nox Fleuret
      Hoho, that is epic, my friend. XD
      It's quite intesting to find out we can play a little bit of BBSFM, I'm wondering if it's worth the import.
      And you can MOVE in the secret movie? Hell yeah!

Epic! And we get to see a bit of the 3rd Birthday and Dissidia 012. This has made my day. Thanks.
    2. Boy Wonder
      Boy Wonder
      What is this about? Or did I miss something about BBSFM?
      And what does he mean by "virtually move as the character?" Does he mean during a cutscene?

But this is pretty awesome, thanks, Mike. Good job as always. This is getting me excited
    3. Arch
      Arch
      By moving the character, think of it like a few other games that have done this. I don't know if you've played them but games with playable ending that I know of would include Prince of Persia (2008), Assassin's Creed 2, Shadow of the Colussus, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Maybe during the credit roll you'll gain control of a character to move them around while talking is going on. Maybe there will be some sort of fight as the credits roll, either way when this happens it's usually a rather haunting scene of some sort.

Apparently KH3D is about the Mark of Mastery exam...at least that's what Nomura implied. This'll be interesting.
    4. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      Super pumped about ALL NEW Disney worlds. What are you guys expecting?
    5. Shift
      Shift
      Crossing fingers for Mickey or Vanitas gameplay ala Final Episode, though it's more likely it has something to do with Aqua.

And Godamnnit, only new worlds O_o
      That's madness

I'm expecting them to use the worls they left out in 2 and BBS, like Toy Story, Jungle Book and Monsters Inc.
      Sides that, they really have a huge list to chose from.
    6. Wheel of Time
      Wheel of Time
      I agree. I would also like to see The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood and perhaps The Black Cauldron ^^
    7. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Didn't read all of the interview since i have yet to play BBS (sue me) but interesting they are the informations about KH:3D. What scares me, literally, is what Nomura gonna do to the poor Disney films. I'm tired of the unnecessary butchering and horrible adaption of great films.

As of yet we have no announcement about the involvement of Pixar films.

That would be Epic. Fight against those skeletons from hell?! I am in! Although they would most likely be transformed into silly looking Heartless Skeletons from the realm of darkness.
    8. kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      Nicee. Finally we get to hear more about 3D, So this is going to be connected to KH3 ^^. thanks for the update, Mike.
    9. Shift
      Shift
      Toy Story and Monsters Inc where actually found in KH2 disc.
      Sure, just the name, but it's very likely they're world leftovers.
    10. Misty
      Misty
      In addition to what Red mentioned, Chicken Little is Pixar, is it not?

Anyway, I'm really interested in that secret ending for BBS FM. :] I've got no idea how it'll work, as
      Aqua, Ven, and Terra are more or less incapacitated following the events of BBS, but still. It'd be cool if we got to play as child Sora/Riku.
    11. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      No. It's not.
      And Nomura did mention a few months ago that he was interested in the Pixar films and to a possible adaption of them for KH but there's no official confirmation yet. Not to mention that most of them wouldn't work and would suffer in the game plot wise.
    12. Boy Wonder
      Boy Wonder
      Actually, it was produced and distributed by Disney.
      The only Pixar involvement was that Pixar would see how well the film did and it would have affected Disney and Pixar's relationship.
      If it was successful, Disney would have more leverage over Pixar in their negotations. If it failed, Pixar would just have been like "Disney can't make CG films without us...well, good ones anyway."
      It wasn't as successful as most Pixar movies, but did really well compared to the other Disney films at that time.
      Either way, they stayed in business.
      tl;dr: Not Pixar at all.
    13. Fearless
      Fearless
      Personally, I'm thrilled that there will be all new worlds.
      If I never have to go back to the damn Collosseum, it will be too soon.

...And yet this a KH site.
    14. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      I never said the opposite dear but Nomura has to learn to make proper adaptions. KH was great but i don't understand what they were thinking with KH2. Most of the worlds sucked, they killed Alladin and Mulan. Hopefully this will not be the case with 3D but i doubt that. But i'm going off topic here so i'll stop.
    15. Speyeker
      Speyeker
      Dude, can you at least mention that this contains spoilers for Re:Coded, especially since it hasn't been released in North America yet and so not all of us have played it?
    16. luvan1me
      luvan1me
      i haven't seen much re:coded spoilers lol most of the stuff in here i read in gameinformer. it's the 3ds spoilers lol

i really do like that they will be putting new worlds :3 that's just great! cuz i was just complaining about the lack of new worlds <-< bbs was fun cuz of the new (or older worlds lol i should say) so that made me happy and of course colliseum was a fun one (even though i hate doing those stupid levels <-<)

hope they hurry it up with the kh3 <_< i'm getting REALLY impatient!
    17. Umiyuri Papaeyra
      Umiyuri Papaeyra
      And judging by some files Unseen64 dug up, this affected Kingdom Hearts using Toy Story. I don't think they're legally allowed to use any Pixar properties.

Has anybody noticed in the interview that apparently it's 'necessary' for Sora and Riku to wear their KHI outfits? And how is it they aged down if this takes place after KHII?
    18. Slycrg
      Slycrg
      Interactive Secret Ending!!! Oh My God! So Epic! XD
    19. Darkcloud
      Darkcloud
      Well, now I'm at least intrigued. It looks like only one more new game right before III (not counting Re:Coded).