Roxas's Days in the Organization (Chapter 7 and the rest)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Xx Axel xX, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, Here are the other ones due to the new rule about only one fanfic per thread-
    Chapter 1

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=9948
    Chapter 2
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=10009
    Chapter 3
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=10107
    Chapter 4
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=10569
    Chapter 5
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=11510
    Chapter 6
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=12175
    OK, on with Chapter 7!!!
    Here ya go, enjoy. This one is shorter than the rest. Please remember to post! Comments make everything better! =D

Chapter 7
    Day 20
    ~Battle Stadium in the Castle~

Roxas blocked Axel’s flying chakram with his keyblade and knocked it off to the side of him. Axel jumped up and caught it in his hand. Once he touched the ground, he threw it again. Roxas parried it again with his keyblade, making hardly an effort. It was a sweltering hot day outside, too hot to be outside, but too boring to be inside. Right now, Axel and Roxas were playing block-my-weapon-before-it-hits-your-head game. They were bored.

Axel threw his weapon once more and yawned. Roxas hit it harder than before, sending it flying right for Axel. It hit him square in the forehead. Axel fell backwards, startled that it hit him. Roxas laughed to himself.

“Your reflexes are getting slow, Axel. What’s the matter?” Roxas said playfully to him. Axel gave him a mean look, rubbing his forehead with his hand. He pushed himself up off of the ground and stood up. He brushed the dirt off of his robe.

“I haven’t been able to sleep lately.” He murmured, still looking at the floor. Roxas walked over to him and stuck his head between Axel’s gaze and the floor. “Really now?” Axel pushed his head away and crossed his arms.

“Roxas, I’m not in the mood. Go annoy somebody else.” He said, looking at the wall. Roxas walked around him and stood right in front of him, but Axel was too tall and his gaze aimed right over his head. Roxas started to poke him repeatedly in the stomach.

“Awww, c’mon Axel. Why are you so boring today?”

He didn’t answer.

Roxas poked his stomach harder. “Is it because I hit you with your own weapon?” Roxas smirked up at him, but Axel’s emerald eyes still stared straight at the wall. He poked him a bit harder.

Roxas got three more pokes in his stomach. With lighting reflexes, Axel unfolded his arms grabbed Roxas’s poking finger. He twisted it backwards, bending it farther back and closer to his arm. Roxas grabbed Axel’s wrist and was brought to his knees. He cried out in pain.

Axel let go of his finger and grabbed his arm. Roxas gulped some air and made a mean face at Axel.

“That hurt you idiot! Why’d you do that?!” Roxas yelled at him. Axel smirked and yanked his arm to the side, sending Roxas tumbling away from him.

“Your reflexes are getting slow, Roxas.” He spat at him. Roxas rolled over on the ground to lie on his back. Axel walked over to him and kicked him softly in the side. Roxas winced back. Axel walked away, through the door of the stadium and back into the castle. Roxas followed, brushing the dirt off of him.

Axel made his way up into his bedroom with Roxas close behind him. Once they were inside Axel kicked off his boots and sat on his bed. Roxas stood up in front of him.

“What could you possibly be thinking about?” Roxas asked him.

Axel looked at the floor, then the left wall, then the right wall, then the ceiling, then Roxas, then the right was again, and then back at Roxas. His eyes looked normal, but his expression wasn’t. Axel hardly ever thought as deeply as he was now.

“I’m thinking about...” He paused a moment, thinking for the right words. “I’m thinking about, whether or not to tell you what I really am thinking about.”

Roxas tilted his head to the side, confused. There was a silence between them.

“So…are you going to tell me it?” Roxas asked. Axel sighed.

“I don’t know.” He said. He looked up and smiled at Roxas. Roxas rolled his eyes.

“Alright, fine. I’ll tell ya.” Roxas plopped down on the floor and inched closer to him.

Roxas seemed eager to hear, but Axel certainly wasn’t eager to tell. Although Roxas was his best friend, he couldn’t bring himself to tell him what he saw.

“Remember about a month ago, when I went on that mission?”

Roxas nodded.

“While I was in Traverse Town, that’s the place I went to, I saw someone.”

“Who was it?”

“…a boy.”

“A boy?”

“Yeah. A boy.”

“…And?”

“This boy, he is important.”

“How so?”

“He…just is.”

“Axel.” Roxas gave him a serious look. It seemed to drill a hole right through him.

“Roxas, this boy, his name is…”

“What’s his name, Axel?”

“His name is Sora.”

Roxas was quiet. He stared at Axel in disbelief at first, but then slowly turned his head to the ground.

“Roxas, you know who Sora is, right?”

Roxas didn’t answer.

Axel reached for a piece of paper on his desk right next to him. He grabbed a pen. On the paper he wrote, “Roxas.” He gave the pen and paper to Roxas. Roxas looked up at him and took the paper in his hands.

Roxas looked at his name for a few seconds. With the pen he scribbled out the x in his name. Underneath that he wrote S, and crossed out the s at the end of his name. He continued that until he had no more letter left in Roxas, and he had spelt, “Sora”.

Roxas gave the paper to Axel. Axel took one glance at it and burned it into a million tiny ashes. He leaned forward and put a hand on Roxas’s shoulder.

“You know who Sora is, right?” Axel said to Roxas.

Roxas nodded. He looked up at Axel, surprisingly happy and not sad.

“Yeah I do.” He stood up.

“He’s me.”

OK Yummy!!! PLEASE POST COMMENTS!!!!!! :D :D :D

EDIT: Scroll down for chapter 8!

2. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

COOLIO!!!!!

Great job! :D

3. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Next Chapter,

Chapter 8

Chapter 8!!! This is a long one!!!

Chapter 8
    Day 25
    ~Roxas’s bedroom~

He’s alive.

He’s still out there.

He has answers.

He’s alive.

I’m still out there.

“Roxas?”

Roxas bolted out of his bed, startled. He turned his head to see Demyx in the doorway. Roxas calmed down.

“What are you doing all alone?” He asked, tilting his head to one side.

Roxas wondered if Demyx knew about Sora. Just in case if he didn’t, he figured not to bring up his name.

“I was…thinking.” Roxas asked, slowly moving his head to face the ground. Demyx nodded his sitar appeared in his hand and he plopped down in the chair at the corner of the room.

“Where did Axel and the rest of them go?” Demyx questioned, bringing his sitar onto the top of his lap. Roxas leaned back on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Demyx, they left for Castle Oblivion two days ago. You finally noticed now?”

“I was rendered unconscious for the past three days when Xaldin hit me with the frying pan at breakfast the other day, thank you very much.” He said as-a-matter-of-factly, crossing his arms. Roxas shook his head, smiling to himself.

Demyx found ways to pass Roxas’s time and get the nagging thought off of his mind. With Axel gone for a few weeks Roxas’s questions and feeling were put on hold with no one there to talk to.

When Roxas wandered through the white hallways listening to his own echo, he noticed how he didn’t really know anything about anyone or anybody that has to do with this castle. He only ventured into the north and eastern part of the entire castle. He knew everyone’s names, everyone’s number and their rank, but still he was treated like the stranger he is to them.

A month later, a lone corridor of darkness appeared in the meeting room while the Organization was having a meeting. Xemnas stopped mid-sentence and glanced down at the mangled person coming out of the darkness.

Roxas leaned forward a bit in his chair as he saw a flicker of red mixed between the swirls of the dark purple and black. Axel walked out of the corridor bending over, his head facing the ground. The corridor disappeared behind him.

“Axel, why are you here? Why aren’t you at Castle Oblivion with the rest of them?” Xemnas said to him, the tone in his voice showing both questioning and anger.

Axel sighed softly and stood up straight. He turned to face Xemnas and looked him in the eye.

“Because the rest of them are dead.”

Everyone gasped in the room. Axel’s head turned around sharply and he looked at Roxas. Roxas found his gaze uncomforting, unlike it usually is. He dove deeper into his eyes and found that deep inside his gut, something was wrong.

Xemnas clutched the end of his stone chair tightly. Xigbar chuckled.

“All of them are dead? You’re the only survivor?!” He said to Axel, leaning dangerously far out from his chair. Axel nodded. Xigbar broke into a fit of laughing.

“What has happened that so many of our numbers perish?” Saix said, his voice sounding like smooth glass. Axel turned his head to him. If Saix wasn’t so high up in his tall chair he could have seen the dirty look Axel just threw him.

“That little brat came to the castle, as we all know...He wiped out everyone at the castle.”

“Axel, something deep inside of me tells me that a 15-year-old kid could not take out five of our members alone.” Luxord said calmly, twirling a card in-between his fingers.

“Yes, some of our finest members were in that castle. You mean to tell me this boy did not have any help from any outside force with the disposal of our members?” Xaldin shot at Axel. Before Axel could open his mouth, Demyx piped in.

“Well, maybe this kid was really strong. Maybe Axel is telling the truth.”

“That’s nonsense.” Xemnas said, banging his fist on the chair. Everyone’s head directed towards him.

“Axel, I want the truth. How did everyone get wiped our? Tell me exactly what happened from beginning to end.” Xemnas told him.

Axel nodded and warped to his own chair with a corridor of darkness.

“About five days after we arrived at Castle Oblivion, Sora arrived.”

Roxas shifted uneasily in his chair. He haven’t felt this nervous since the first few days in the Organization. Something about Axel’s eyes bothered him.

“As he traveled through the castle, Namine began messing with his memory to get him to rescue her. It wasn’t entirely her fault, though. Marluxia and Larxene plotted to over throw us.”

“Aha, I knew that Marluxia was a bad dude! We shouldn’t of accepted him into our ranks.” Xigbar exclaimed. Axel shot him a look for interrupting and began again.

“I knew of this, and I asked to join their plan. I worked as a double agent, basically.” He said causally, leaning back in his chair.

Xemnas nodded slowly. “That still doesn’t answer my question. How did our people end up dead, and you’re the only one still able to walk out of there alive?”

Axel opened mouth to speak, but closed it and looked over to the side. He kept forgetting how intelligent Xemnas is.

“Ok fine I’ll tell you. In order for Marluxia and Larxene to trust me, I had to dispose of another traitor.”

“Traitor? Or just another person standing in your way to wipe out every person at the Castle?” Saix spat at him.

Axel gripped the arm of his chair and pointed his finger at Saix. “You better shut up moon man or I’ll,”-

“SILENCE!” Xemnas boomed over them. Saix folded his arms and looked at Xemnas while Axel leaned back in his chair again. Everyone was silent and Xemnas spoke again.

“Who was it that you took care of?”

Axel crossed his arms. “Vexen,” muttered.

Despite the bond Xemnas had with Vexen, he did not seem fazed by his good friend’s death. All he did was nod.

“What happened to the rest of them?”
    Axel was silent for a few moments. “Sora and Riku took care of the rest of them.”

“Riku? Wasn’t he the kid with Ansem…?” Xigbar asked. Xemnas nodded.

“Axel, what made Sora spare you?” Xemnas said, trying hard to keep his voice level monotone and hide his irritation.

“He didn’t. I fought him twice. Right before I came here I was defeated by him. I was just smart enough to know when to surrender, so I didn’t end up like the rest of them, dead.” He waved his hand in the air and warped to the floor.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Saix asked him sternly. Axel turned his back on him and began walking slowly out of the meeting room.

“I’m done with being interrogated. I’ve told you all I know, I’m going off to bed.” Axel replied.

“Meeting is over.” Xemnas said. He dissapeired off his chair and began to walk out of the room with the rest of the remaining people in the Organization following him.

Roxas trotted up to Axel. Axel glanced down at him. He smiled.

“Miss me?”

Roxas smirked. “Not at all.” He replied back to him. He was joking around, and Axel knew that. They both walked up to Axel’s room.

Once inside, Roxas jumped onto his bed and cuddled with a pillow. Axel remained standing, a nervous look on his face.

“Meet me at the station tower, I have to tell you something.” And with that, he disappeared into a corridor of darkness.

Roxas tilted his head to the side in confusion and opened another corridor in the room. He walked into it, and found himself on top of the station tower with Axel sitting down at his feet. Roxas took his place next to his left.

“Axel, what really happened at Castle Oblivion?” asked Roxas after a few seconds of silence. It took another few silent seconds for Axel to reply.

“Sora didn’t take everyone out on his own. I set them up.” Axel regretted telling Roxas this. He knew how Roxas hated that he was a killer.

“How’d you do it?”

He sighed. “I set it up so that Larxene and Sora would meet simultaneously and Sora would have to fight her. I knew that he would win because, after all, you also beat her.”

Roxas nodded.

“I was about to take care of Marluxia myself, but then Sora showed up and Marluxia tricked him into fighting me. He got away as we were fighting, and I left after I got rid of Zexion... I never really stuck around for the death of Marly, but in the end something tells me that he’s long gone.”

Roxas’s eyes deepened. The same old look of his blue puppy dog eyes were back.

“Lexaeus was truly killed by Riku with no help from anyone…and I took out Zexion with the help of the Riku replica…”

Roxas had no idea who Riku or the Riku replica was, but he didn’t ask. Instead the only thing he could say was,

“Why did you do it?”

Axel looked at Roxas with a sincere gaze. For once since Roxas knew him, his emerald eyes reflected a different emotion. They showed the remembrance sorrow, guilt, and the smallest flicker of not truly knowing what to say. Then it dawned upon Axel. At the time he was in the castle, he knew exactly why he really eliminated everyone there. But now, staring at Roxas, he found another incentive that wasn’t there before.

“I did it…to save Sora.” He took in a deep breath and sighed. “Sora would have perished inside there alone if I didn’t ruin Marluxia’s plan.” Roxas dropped his half-melted ice cream he had in his hand and it fell silently to the ground below them. “Of course, I also did it because they were all dirty backstabbers and traitors…”

Roxas thought about what Axe had just said. He risked his own life to take the lives of others, to save Sora? It didn’t make sense to him at the moment, but as he dived deeper into the notion he finally realized why.

Axel saved Sora – half of Roxas’s self.

Roxas smiled. The lost puppy eyes were gone from him. They now showed gratitude and understanding.

“Axel?”

Axel turned his head back to him.

“Hmm?”

“Thanks for that.”

Axel cocked his head to one side, but then smirked when he grasped what Roxas was thanking him for. He looked forward into the ever-living sunset of Twilight Town.

“No problem.” He replied back.

COMMENTS, COMMENTS, COMMENTS, AND MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!! Lack of reveiws isn't good for one's soul... :( :( :( ;)

4. KingdomHeartsLover91 Moogle Assistant

Tnx!

Please wright more!
    I love your storys! :p

5. coolgirl200 Merlin's Housekeeper

That was great!! ^_^ Please keep writing!!

6. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Chapter 9…getting towards the end here…CHAPTER 9
    Chapter 9
    Day 50
    Roxas’s bedroom

Why?

He’s still out there.

Why me?

I’m still out there.

“Roxas?”

Roxas didn’t even bother to lift his head off of the pillow. He knew who’s voice that was.

“Yeah?”

Saix seemed taken aback. He wasn’t used to people not paying attention to him.

“Xemnas wants to speak with you. He’s in the Dark Realm.”

Roxas still didn’t move off of his spot. Saix remained in the doorway.

“Now.” Saix spat at him.

Roxas sighed annoyed and got off of his bed, rubbing the back of his head. Saix disappeared into a Corridor of Darkness.

Roxas slid his sneakers on and opened a portal as well. He didn’t know exactly where Xemnas was, but he had a good idea. He pulled his hood over his head and walked into the corridor.

As Roxas wandered through the darkness, making his way to his leader, he thought about everything that ever happened to him. Why does he have the keyblade? How did he really come to be? Why was he different then everyone else?

Roxas finally reached his destination. He walked through the corridor and saw Xemnas in his hood, staring out into nothing. At the sound of Roxas’s corridor appearing and closing, Xemnas turned his cloaked head towards him.

“You have arrived.”

Xemnas’s voice always gave Roxas chills. It was empty and hollow. It suited him.

Roxas walked over to stand next to him, facing him. What could he possibly want now?

“I’ve been to see him.”

Roxas stopped dead in his tracks. A flame flickered on inside of him. How dare he bring up Sora now…

“He looks a lot like you.”

That sent him over the edge. Why would he even think to bring up Sora to his face? Everyone in the castle knew that Roxas was always uneasy about the topic of Sora still being alive. Who does Xemnas think he is that he could just mess with his own thoughts and make him remember it all over again?

“Who are you?” Roxas asked, disgusted. If the Superior answered Xemnas, Roxas was ready to turn around and leave…

“I’m what’s left.”

What’s that supposed to mean? What’s left of whom?

“Or…maybe I’m all there ever was.”

Roxas hated riddles.

“I meant your name.”

Roxas really wanted to find out who Xemnas really was. He wanted to know who his Other was, the Other that made him superior, better than everyone else.

Xemnas paused for a bit. He looked forward into nothing again. Although Roxas couldn’t see his face, he sensed Xemnas scowl under his hood.

“My name is of no importance.” He turned to face Roxas.

“What about you?” He asked. Roxas bend his head down a little farther, praying for Xemnas to not finish the question…

“Do you remember your true name?”

Roxas’s hooded eyes looked down at his feet. Even though he despised his leader right now, he couldn’t disrespect him by not answering.

“My true name…is…” He suddently remembered the paper Axel gave him, when Axel wrote down Roxas, and Roxas wrote Sora out of the letters in his name.

He looked up at Xemnas, Xemnas’s orange eyes glowing in the darkness of his hood. They seemed to sparkle as they watched the pain Roxas was experiencing inside of him.

“Sora.” Roxas was glad he finally was able to say and hear that name without cringing.

Xemnas nodded. He looked back into nothingness and didn’t speak for a long time. Roxas figured it was his time to leave, so he opened a corridor and warped back into his room.

Once in his room, Roxas kicked his sneakers off and jumped on his bed, back into the relaxed position he was in before Saix interrupted him. He just went back to thinking about what he was thinking about to begin with.

He’s still out there.

Why am I here?

I’m still out there.

Ok, it was short, but I needed to get it out there. Please, as always, remember to comment, good and bad!!! :D:D:D

7. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

Ok, now that was just awesome! pwnful work!

I like how you interperted the conversation between them on the moon beach place.

Awesomeness all around!

8. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Whoa, chapter ten… my descriptions have gotten surprisingly better since my very first chapter… I read my earlier chapters over before I wrote this, and I SO wish that I could go back and rewrite them. If I did, that would kind of be weird, but oh well, I’ll have to deal with my horrible writing… Just imagine the descriptions in the first chapters to be as good as these.

CHAPTER 10

Chapter ten
    Day ???
    Roxas’s bedroom

A silent figure walked through the shadows cast by the looming buildings in the World That Never Was. His footsteps echoed eerily around him as he rounded the corner and entered the Castle That Never Was.

His lithe body caressed the shadows and evaded the light protruding from the windows. He was able to mute the sound of his steps by walking slower and more carefully. The hood over his head shadowed any identification by his face.

He eventually came face-to-face with a white door that had the number 13 marked on the top of it. He crouched down and turned the doorknob. The door opened without a sound letting a slit of light enter the dark room.

He quickly but stealthy trotted inside and closed the door behind him, shutting out all light. The room was dark once again. The figure turned his attention to the lump covered by a thick blanket on the bed before him. He crouched a little lower.

He snaked his way to the foot of the bed and began to climb over the edge and onto the mattress. The person in the bet felt the weight of someone else and stirred. The intruder threw himself off of the bed and flattened himself on the floor of his bedroom, rolling over and sliding himself under the bed.

The person awoke suddenly, sitting straight up and rubbed his eyes. He glanced around and seeing no one there, laid back down and covered his head with a pillow.

Underneath the bed, the intruder held his breath, trying his best to stay quiet. Once he heard the sound of the person hitting his head on the pillow, he crawled out and began to crawl across the bed once again.

He slowly made his way over the person’s small body and next to his face. His eyes were closed peacefully, his blonde locks falling over his young face. The trespasser laid himself down next to the young boy, his face right in the boy’s face.

“Roxas…Roxas...” he chanted softly. The young boy’s lip twitched and he rolled around and turned the opposite way, away from the man on his bed.

“Roxas…” He put one hand on the other side of the bed so he was now looming over the boy. “Roxas…” the man said softly and poked his chest.

Roxas’s eyebrows dipped and he wrinkled his nose. He pulled the blanket over his head, but the intruder’s hand left hand was balancing himself on that same blanket. His hand fell forward and he lost his balance, falling right on top of Roxas. He smashed his forehead on Roxas’s forehead. Roxas cringed and his eyes snapped open. He rolled over on his back and looked at the intruder’s head, now on his chest.

“Axel, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” He yelled, yanking the hood covering his face backwards. Axel lay on top of Roxas facing him, with his head resting on his chest. Seeing Roxas’s angry and tired face, he flashed him a weak grin.

Roxas sighed angrily and pushed Axel off of him. Axel caught himself from falling off the bed and settled down next to him, grabbing one of Roxas’s many white pillows to put under his head. Roxas grabbed it from his hands and put it over his head and slammed himself back down on the mattress.

“Roxas, I need help…” Axel whispered, inching closer to him.

“I’m sorry Axel, but therapy is too expensive.” Roxas spat at him, sounding muffled under the pillow over his head.

“No you idiot, something else” He said, poking Roxas hard in the back.

He heard Roxas sigh. “Axel, what could you want at 2…in…the…MORNING?!” he yelled, elbowing behind him and hitting Axel in the ribs. Axel cringed back.

“It’s three in the morning.”

“Whatever.”

He sat up sideways on the edge of the mattress, his right arm holding him up. He shrugged.

“Fine, go ahead and buy your own ice cream next time.” He said coldly.

Roxas laughed under his pillow. “I already do buy my own ice cream, not to mention yours.”

Axel clenched his left hand into a fist and drove it into the mattress. He grabbed both of Roxas’s arms and flipped him over onto his back, the pillow sliding off of his head. He climbed over his body placed both knees on an arm and sat on Roxas’s stomach. Roxas lifted his head up to see Axel sitting on him, arms crossed.

“Help me. Now.”

Roxas closed his eyes and let his head fall back. He tried to move his arms, but all of Axel’s body weight was on top of him.

“What do you want?” He spat at him.

“It’s Larxene”-

“Uh, Axel, she doesn’t like you, she’ll never like you, it’s imposs”-

“No, no, this time it’s different.”

Roxas lifted his head back up to stare at his friend. “What could be possibly different this time?” He said sarcastically.

Axel uncrossed his arms and crossed them again.

“She’s flirting with Demyx.”

“She hates Demyx.”

“Maybe it’s just a trick.”

“It’s not a trick, Axel, get off of me!” he said, squirming. He raised his knees and kicked Axel in the back which made his legs skid forward, off of his elbows. Roxas bent his arms and grabbed Axel’s arms and threw him to the side, off of the bed. Roxas stuck out his tongue in disgust.

“Axel you got to gain some weight, your arms are like twigs.” He said, pulling the blanket back over his head.

On the floor, Axel rubbed his head and glared angrily at Roxas. He fixed his wrecked hair and stood up. Normally, any other day had Axel came to Roxas in any time of the night, Roxas would have been more than happy to help his friend out. Obviously, Roxas wasn’t acting normal.

“What’s with you lately? You’ve been ignoring me and being nasty to my face. I feel like I can’t even call you my…” He stopped his sentence and looked down the to floor.

Roxas sat up in his bed, looking at Axel with half-shut eyes. His messy hair made him look twice as tired. He rolled his eyes at Axel’s hurt face.

“Axel, don’t give me the guilt trip. You know that stuff doesn’t work on me.”

Axel looked up at Roxas with his eyebrows bowed and sad eyes.

“Get out of my room and let me sleep. Close the door behind you.” Roxas spat at him, laying back down and covering the blanket over his head again.

Axel stood in the middle of the floor, feeling awkward. He turned around and walked out of his room, shutting the door behind like Roxas ordered him to.

Roxas tried his hardest to fall asleep, but he couldn’t. Never, in his entire lifetime, had Roxas seen Axel look that hurt, and leave a room that quickly without putting up a fight. He forgot about it, and lay in his bed, trying to fall asleep for the rest of the night.

In the morning, Roxas finally opened his eyes and rolled out of bed. He put on his robe and walked out of his room into the dinning room. All through breakfast, Axel didn’t look up from his plate of pancakes. He twirled the uneaten pancake around on his plate with a fork, until Demyx asked if he could have and it took it away. After that, Axel walked away from the table, alone. Roxas shoved the last bit of pancake into his mouth and followed him.

Axel walked slowly down the hall, his head held low, and his footsteps soft. Roxas trotted up behind him, calling his name. Axel stopped in his tracks, his sad, empty eyes following Roxas. Roxas scurried around him and stood next to him, looking up at his tall friend who needed to look down just to see his face.

“What’s wrong?” Roxas asked. He knew the answer, of course.

Axel arched his eyebrows. “You’re ready to talk to me now?”

Roxas rolled his eyes. “You’ll still mad about what I said? Oh, man up Axel! So what if I told you to get out of my room? I’ve heard you take worse!”

Axel put his hand oh his hip and poked Roxas in the chest with his other hand. “You said I needed therapy, you wouldn’t help me with the simplest thing, you called me too skinny, AND you ORDERED me out of your room. Not to mention you’ve been treating me like that for weeks now.”

Roxas rolled his eyes. “Oh, my, Axel can’t take a few stupid insults to the face! He’s mad ‘cause he needs a shrink and has to eat more! Awww, poor him!” He said, waving his arm around, walking in a circle and saying each word dramatically.

Axel’s face turned to anger as he crossed his arms. He stared at Roxas, every inch of his body quivered with fake rage. “Stop, Roxas.” He said sternly.

Roxas stopped in his tracks to face him. He both hands on his hips and leaned forward, taunting him. He smiled evilly.

“Oh, Axel’s telling me to stop ‘cause I’m hurting his feelings. What’s he goin’ do? Burn me?” Roxas said in a baby voice.

Axel gritted his teeth and slammed both arms down to his sides. He couldn’t believe he was letting a 15-year-old make fun of him like this. Trying desperately to keep his temper down, he turned on his heel and continued to walk down the hallway. Roxas stayed in place, still throwing insults at him.

“Now baby Axel is running away! He’s afraid of hurting his best friend.” Roxas said in that annoying baby voice. “That’s ok! He won’t be able to feel the pain anyway!” He yelled at his friend.

Axel whipped around and hurled a huge fireball towards Roxas. Before he could react, it slammed into him, smashing him into the wall. He slid down the wall and sat down in a heap at the bottom of the wall and the floor.

Before Roxas knew it, he was being lifted into the air again by his neck, held up against the wall. Axel tightened his one-handed-grip on his neck and lifted him higher. Roxas’s face went instantly from confusion to panic. He grabbed Axel’s wrist with both hands and tried to pry it off of him.

Axel clenched his teeth as he strangled his best friend. Everything he ever cared for was fading away in the eyes of the young kid in front of him. He didn’t care. He was filled with false anger, hate, and rage. No sorrow for his dieing friend or even guilt of killing him made him release his grip. Right now, like every other waking moment of his life, Axel could feel nothing to make him stop.

Flames spewed out of the ground around Axel’s legs, licking the black rubber of his boots, and crawling upwards. Roxas was frozen in shock; the least he could do to fight back was hold onto his wrist. His shoulders began to flake away and float into the air. His fingers began to get shorter as the ends floated off into the air to disappear. Roxas was slowly fading away, being engulfed in darkness.

Axel felt nothing, thought nothing. The only thing he could see was Roxas taunting him, insulting him. He didn’t see himself killing his only friend. He saw his friend killing him. Killing him from the inside out, reminding him how fake his emotions and this friendship really was.

Something crashed over Axel’s head, sending him back to reality. He saw pieces of Roxas floating off into the air, and he saw his hand around his neck. He drew his arm back, as in pain and left go of Roxas.

Axel watched before his eyes in the longest seconds of his life, his best friend fall and crash to the floor below him.

I don't know if I can call that a cliffy, but oh well. =P =D

Oh yeah, just for future refrence, I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and I won't be back until next week. You're all going to have to wait until then for me to come back for me to wright another chapter. ='(

9. Emo Pengwin Hollow Bastion Committee

That was very good!

I Love the whole storyline and everything!

Keep up the good work!

10. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks, and I will =D

11. coolgirl200 Merlin's Housekeeper

*jawdrop* That...was...AWESOME! The end of that almost made me cry... =( And...Larxene's flirting with Demyx?! ^_^ (I'm a fan of the pair...yeah...)

12. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

AWESOME!!!

That was a great chapter! And a nice cliffhanger! :D

13. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Yay!

After days of endless searching, I finally found the picture that gave me the inperation for this chapter! I was looking at DeviantArt one day for random pictures of Axel and I came across this one and thought it was really good. It wasn't until I was writing this past chapter that I realized it really helps me right it. When I was about to post the chapter, I wanted to find this picture and write, "my inperation for this chapter", but I couldn't find it. And now, here it is!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39074430/?qo=3&q=axel&qh=boost:popular+age_sigma:24h+age_scale:5

14. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Chapter 11! This is a long one =)

** Just for future advice, the whole scene with Axel and Roxas on the station tower in twilight town isn’t going to be in this story. I have no idea when it takes place, how they both got there, so, yeah. I’m just pretending it was never there, and I’ll make my own thing up.

Chapter 11

Chapter 11
    Day???
    Hallway

Roxas fell lifelessly to the floor. His head smashed on the hard tile, creating a sickening thump. With the last of his strength, he picked himself up to sit on his knees and took huge inhales, filling his lungs with precious air.

Axel stood looming over the young kid, his jaw hanging in awe of what just happened. He looked at his own hands. The leather on his gloves had turned blacker and shinier. As he looked at them closer, he noticed that they were sodden with water. He felt his face, and he felt the hair sticking to his damp skin. Axel heard a soft footstep to the left and look in that direction.

Demyx was standing in the middle of the hallway, sitar in hand, a nervous expression on his face. Axel looked at the Roxas at his feet and back at Demyx, who was having a hard time decided if he should take a step closer.

“Demyx, what are you doing here?” Axel said, his eyes flickering back to Roxas who was having a coughing fit.

Demyx opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it and took a step towards Axel. He raised his hands defensively.

“I was just trying to help you…by making you come to your senses…” He approached Axel with caution, as it he was a wild animal about to spring at any moment.

Axel sighed softly and felt his now flattened hair that fell down and settled on his shoulders. He shook his head slowly.

“You dumped water on me?” He asked.

Demyx nodded. He took a couple of steps forward until he was about a yard away from him.

Roxas got up slowly from his position, glaring at Axel in the corner oh his eye. Axel noticed this and shifted his weight nervously.

Demyx lowered his hands and smiled softly.

“Friends shouldn't be killing each other.”

Roxas looked at Axel and Axel returned the glare. They both said nothing, their emotionless faces showing no sign of apology.

Axel sighed and walked forward slowly down the hallway to his room. Roxas looked at Demyx and gave a slight thank-you nod. He waited for Axel to round the corner and he made his way up to his own room.

Demyx stood in the empty hallway, feeling empty himself. He had just saved Roxas’s life, and Axel’s best friend. All he got was an attitude from Axel, and a nod from Roxas. He gripped his sitar tightly and followed the two down the hallway.

Axel’s quiet footsteps continued down the corridor. His face was hard as stone; the only emotion shown was in his eyes. It was sorrow.

What was he thinking? He almost killed Roxas! He thought about that. Roxas-gone. Roxas had-

“Eh, little dude! What’s the matter?”

Axel came face-to-face with an eye patch and a glowing orange eye. He took a surprised step back and saw Xigbar hanging upside down in front of his face. He rolled his eyes in disgust and pushed him in the chest. Xigbar didn’t move, but he flashed a smiled that drilled an annoying hole in Axel that felt like a hundred wasp stings. Axel continued to make his way down the hallway.

Xigbar’s eyebrows dipped in disappointment as he watched his prey walk away from him. He warped to staid right-side up on his feet and jogged to up Axel, cutting off his path and planting himself in front of him.

“C’mon, what happened? Tell me!”

Axel’s face tightened and he crossed his arms. He shoved him to the side and continued walking, shaking his head angrily. Xigbar smiled, feeding on Axel’s annoyance and anger. He trotted back up to him.

“Please?” He begged pathetically.

Axel sighed and snapped his fingers.

“Go away, Xiggy.” He said with an edge in his voice. He began walking again.

Xigbar finally stayed behind. He knew Axel had done something to him. He smelt something different in the air, and swung his ponytail over his shoulder to pat out the fire. He glowered angrily at Axel who was halfway down the hall.

“Oh yeah, do something with your hair! You look like Marluxia!”

Once in his room, Axel crashed on his bed. He buried his head in his hands.

Roxas turned the corner to see Xigbar leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and his head held low. Upon hearing Roxas, his head perked up and he rushed over to him.

“Ahh, what’s the matter? I just saw Axel, he”- Xigbar stopped mid-sentance. His usually clueless expression quickly turned into a cruel snarl.

Roxas ignored him and continued walking. Xigbar warped away leaving Roxas alone in the hallway.

Axel sobbed into his hands and his entire body shuttered. He sat up straight and ran a hand over his eyes. He got off the bed slowly and walked over to the other side of the room and looked into the lone mirror, the only thing hanging on any of the soot-covered walls. A large crack ran through it diagonally that he split a while ago.

His eyes were red and puffy from shedding tears he didn’t think was possible. His hair had mostly dried, but it was flattened and straight now. It fell over his ears and touched his shoulders, falling in layers. Axel’s hair looked like Marluxia, only in red and longer layers.

Roxas opened the door to his room and walked inside, and sat on the bed. He didn’t know what to think, or how he should feel. He laid down on his bed, griping his pillow tightly. He cried to himsel, yet he didn’t know he could shed tears.

Axel continued to stare into the mirror. He scowled at his own appearance, he hated his own reflection. He raised his fists and smashed them both into the mirror, shattering it into a hundred pieces. He griped the wall and banged his head into it, making his vision flicker before his eyes. Slowly falling to the ground, the tears began to fall. Axel sat at the bottom of the wall, his arms wrapped around his knees that touched his chin, and his forehead leaned against the wall. He took a huge inhale and sighed sending a shutter throughout his body. When he heard the door to his bed room open, he didn’t move.

“Demyx, get out of my room.”

Demyx froze on the spot a foot away from the doorway. He was about to walk out of the room but he took a step forward and held his ground.

Axel sighed and turned his head towards him. His face was stern and cold, almost like everyone else in this castle. The fire in his eyes had died out, and the sparkling emerald glow was gone, replaced with nothing.

“I said get out.”

Demyx hesitated to move. Maybe he should just leave him alone and let him get over what happened, but no. Demyx wasn’t going to back down this time. He’d been pushed around and ordered too many times. He wasn’t going down without a fight.

“Demyx, I’m going to make you get out.” Axel said, unwrapping his arms from around his knees and leaning back on them.

“No, Axel. You can try, but I’m not listening to you this time.” He surprised himself. Demyx never sounded so serious or determined before, and he liked the new edge in his voice. It made him sound intimidating.

Axel raised his eyebrows in surprise at the new serious Demyx, but quickly caught himself and dipped his eyebrows, making his face look even more intimidating than Demyx’s threat.

“What do you want?” He spat.

Demyx’s hand gripped his sitar tightly. “I don’t want you or anyone else to push me around all the time. You don’t appreciate me at all!”

Axel strengthened his glare and he stood up straight. He felt rage course through his body and warm him up, but he kept it concealed inside of him.

“I saved two lives back in that hallway!” Demyx raised his voice and started to really yell at Axel. Number eight’s eyes filled with sorrow again and he looked down at the floor, unable to look truth in the eye. “You know you couldn’t live without that kid! He’s everything to you! The only thing keeping you alive was his heart that’s still out there!” At this point, Demyx had dropped his sitar and was up in Axel’s face, yelling at him everything he had failed to accept.

“You know as well as I do that you couldn’t last a month without him. You’d kill yourself from the pain that you couldn’t feel, and the fact that he has a heart out there and you don’t. You’re jealous and selfish, Axel. You’re selfish, and I truly hope that one day you’ll finally come to realize that, and you’ll do something for someone else besides yourself.” Demyx had lowered his voice and pitied the Nobody in front of him.

“I hope that one day, you can lie down, and realize that you’re better off not existing without a purpose. But I hope before that happens, you can find a purpose to your existing.” Number nine’s voice had returned to normal. He grabbed his sitar off the ground and gave a final glace at Axel before getting out of his room, without a fight.

His part was over. The only fighting that was to be going on, was to be within Axel.

Roxas thrust his keyblade through the heartless in front of him. There were only five more left, but he was too exhausted to continue. Why did Xemnas make him kill double the amount as heartless as usual, and today of all days? Surely someone had told him about the fight he had with Axel, and surely it was Saix’s idea to make him take his anger out on the heartless. Roxas didn’t want to take his anger out on anything. He wanted to crawl into bed and cry for hours.

The pain in his throat was unbearable. His keyblade-holding arm felt like jelly, and his knees were about to give out under him. He couldn’t move, exhaustion was settling in. The heartless were closing in on him, ready to strike…

But he threw his keyblade out and it sliced through two in a row. He summoned it back in his hand, and prepared to throw it again. The remaining three heartless lunged forward and jumped on Roxas’s back, pushing him down. Roxas struggled to get up, but just collapsed. He rolled over on his back, and started to stab the heartless that were now on his stomach and legs. They’re antenna’s were twitching like the legs on a dieing insect, and they’re crooked fingers bent in impossible ways.

Roxas stabbed the final shadow and just completely collapsed. His arms lay limply on the ground beside him, and his legs felt numb. He closed his eyes and felt himself drifting away to sleep, but a sharp voice that felt like needles pierced the air.

“Good effort. We would have given you another serving, but we felt generous today.”

Roxas forced his eyes open a slit and watched Saix loom over him, not even thinking about helping him get up. When his vision started to blur, the last thing he saw was Saix disapear into a corridor of darkness, and someone walk out.

Roxas felt slender arms wrap around him and lift him into the air. He was cradled close to the person’s chest, and he felt safe. He let himself fall asleep.

Roxas awoke on his bed, still in his uniform. The last thing he remembered was feeling a warmth in his body as someone talked to him softly and laid him down on his bed. He sat up and tried to focus his eyes.

His right arm was sore from killing all of those heartless. He didn’t want to wake up to see the stone face of Saix every day, telling him it was time for more heartless killing. He didn’t want to walk the lonely corridors of the white castle with the same marking on every wall, reminding him of what he was. He didn’t want to be called by a number, making him feel that all he’s only a tool for the Organization.

He didn’t want to be here anymore.

…Then why put up with it?

Something hit Roxas like a rock.

He didn’t need to stay here anymore, he could just leave. Why was he putting up with all of this?

“You're finally up?”

Roxas turned to face Axel who was sitting in the chair besides his nightstand. He was glaring at Roxas with a stone face, yet he knew that Axel was feeling turmoil deep inside him.

“How long have you been waiting for me to wake up?” Roxas asked, amazed at Axel’s loyalty.

Axel shrugged.

“About ten minutes.”

Roxas smiled. Axel got up from the chair and sat next to his friend on the bed. Those teardrop-shaped markings until his eyes made the sorrow in his eyes stand out even more. His smile failed to mask the chaos going on inside of him.

Roxas didn’t expect for Axel to apologize. He knew he wasn’t going to. He himself wasn’t even going to apologize for saying those things about him and starting all of it in the first place. He couldn’t. Something as big as that would be hard to apologize for, since it was an accident to began with. Even though killing your best friend may not seem like an accident, in the Nobody world, it could very well happen. There’s nothing to hold you back.

Besides, Axel was the type for apologies anyway.

“Hey, Axel?”

“Hmm?”

“I don’t like it here”

“Neither do I. In fact, I hate it here.”

“No, I mean…” He sighed, looking for words. “I don’t want to stay here anymore.”

Axel seemed taken aback. His eyebrows dipped in confusion. “Whaddya trying to say?”

Roxas hesitated, but began again, “I want to leave the Organization.”

Axel’s eyes widened. He stumbled on words as he tried to speak. “You want to…leave?” Roxas nodded. “You can’t leave, y-you just can’t leave, Roxas”-

“Axel, I have to.”

“No you don’t, Roxas, listen to yourself”-

“If I stay here it’s only going to hurt me and other people in other worlds. I have to go.”

“No you don’t…”

“Axel.”

Roxas’s gaze was serious and grave. Axel knew he sounded like a child, fighting for something he knew couldn’t happen. Roxas was serious about this. He was leaving, with a fight or without.

“Axel, I need to. I need to find…” Roxas sighed softly and dropped his voice to a low whisper.

“Sora.”

Axel’s shoulders slowly sagged and his head drooped. He remembered what Demyx had yelled at him earlier.

You know you couldn’t live without that kid!”

What would he do with Roxas gone? He couldn’t imagine it. He pushed the thought from his mind as best as he could, only for it to be replaced by another one.

“…that heart that’s still out there!”

He had to leave. He had to. There were no other options anyone could give to Roxas. He needed to find himself, and from there he would end up saving the world. Axel knew what this Organization was doing. They were putting the lives of others in danger, and trying to help themselves. He also knew that not long after Roxas would leave, Axel would follow.

“Axel?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m going to do it.”

Axel didn’t want him to go. He knew the Organization would be looking for him in every corner of the sky. He also knew that he himself would be the one to take care of him. He just couldn’t have that weight upon his shoulders.

Axel didn’t say anything. He wasn’t going to promise Roxas that he wasn’t going to stop him. He nodded in understanding and got off of the bed. He gave one last sorrowful glance before walking out the door.

He did know, however, that kid was going to be the end of them.

Alright, there we go, chapter 11, two more chapters to go!!! =)

REMEMBER, COMMENT PLEASE! *GOOD AND BAD*

15. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Eh, do I really suck that bad that nobody's commented anything of mine? by not getting reviews, it makes me think that nobody cares. If I suck, don't be afraid to tell me people. I dont' get mad at stuff like that, I accually use it to my advantage. C'mon, tell me I'm great, or tell me I'm horrible. Any review is a great review. =)

Chapter 12! ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO! I wanna get this story done and over with so I can start on my new one…I’m not good at multitasking… Ok, here’s when things turn to normal…in a sense…This chapter was a lot of fun to write, I hope you enjoy it! I also think this one is the longest…I wrote it within two hours =P

Chapter 12​

Chapter 12
    Last day
    Roxas’s bedroom.

He opened his eyes knowing today was the day. Today was the day everything would end. The torture, the pain, and the lies would all end today. They would end because he would leave them behind.

He knew what time it was before looking at the clock. His mind had been waking him up at 4:00 A.M. for the past weeks, and Roxas had become accustomed to it. He shut his eyes and sighed, forcing himself off of the bed. His limbs were suddenly heavy, and he forced himself to move on. Although he couldn’t feel it, fear was ringing in his brain, telling him to not take a step forward.

Roxas slipped on the Organization robe over his body. The leather caressed his bare skin and sent a chill up his spine. Kicking on his sneakers, Roxas took a final glance around his room before shutting the door behind him permanently.

His light steps hardly made any sound. He pressed onward through the white hallways, his face unmoving, and his eyes glowing in the shadows. The light cast in from the wide open windows did little to light up the hallway, and made the shadows larger. Roxas descended the many flights of interminable stairs before appearing at the front door of the castle.

He opened the door with one hand, touching the cool marble surface for the last time.

The rain that never stopped continued to fall. The streets of the World That Never Was never flooded. Roxas pursued on, not really knowing where he was heading. The neon street lights advertised companies that didn’t exist, and the windows on the buildings opened up to rooms with nothing but light inside. The footsteps sounded like they were being dragged along by someone who wished to go no further.

As Roxas continued on, he saw a figure leaning against the wall to a building. The figure had his arms crossed, his head held low. Roxas knew who stood there, but he didn’t dare turn to look at him. As he passed him, he knew this would be the last time he saw his friend again.

“Your minds made up?â€
    It was more of a statement than a question.

Roxas came to a slow halt. He turned his head to the side, looking over his shoulder at Axel behind him.

“Why did the keyblade choose me?†He paused. “I have to know.â€

Axel whipped around and threw his arms at his sides, “you can’t turn on the Organization!†He didn’t mean to demand an order at his friend. He meant to warn him of the choice he was making.

“You get on their bad side and they’ll destroy you!â€

Roxas turned his head over his shoulder again.

“No one would miss me.â€

He faced forward and began to walk again, knowing that if he stayed another moment longer, he’d cave in to Axel and would return back to the Organization.

Axel stood where he was, feeling alone and left behind. “That’s not true,†he paused, wondering if Roxas could hear him, “I would…†Axel lowered his head and his arms, admitting defeat. He knew as well as Roxas, we would never be able to talk to him again like the friends they were.

Roxas continued on, hearing what Axel said. He didn’t care. Their friendship never existed. No matter how much he believed it was there, just like their beings a friendship between them was non-existent.

Once he turned the corner, Roxas started to run. Dusks started to appear out of nowhere and were now chasing them, slithering through the air. The shadows cast by the light of the moon and the neon signs cascaded off of every sleek surface. Roxas ran harder and harder until he came to a huge building lighting up an entire courtyard in the city.

The lights in every window on the face of the building made it look like it had a hundred eyes. The lit-up billboards on the top of the building made a crown atop the skyscraper.

A vision flashed in his mind.

“Do you know what happens to Saix when he eats sugar?â€

The friendly face of Axel appeared in front of his eyes. He forgot all about the dusks that were chasing him.

“He goes beserk!â€

The cheerful face of Demyx followed that of Axel’s. He wanted to turn back, he wanted to see his’ friends’ faces again. But he couldn’t. He was too close now.

He erased the memories from his mind and turned around to face the swarm of dusks. They froze in their place, and then all disappeared into clouds of thorns simultaneously.

He knew where he was.

He was at Memory Skyscraper.

The rain started to fall harder, and the neon lights on the buildings flashed and dimmed out. Small puddles of rain formed ahead of him, but to slowly disappear moments later. He pulled his hood over his head and pushed on further. Thunder boomed over his head repeatedly.

Roxas took his place in the center of the courtyard of buildings, right in front of the skyscraper. He looked at it a moment, thoughts of the Organization running through his head.

He heard a sound to the right of him and looked at it from over his shoulder. A black shadow with two golf ball-sized glowing yellow eyes crawled out from a dark hole in the ground, pushing its way through. The heartless got out halfway, stretching its crooked antenna out to full length and then pressing its hands on the solid ground behind the dark hole to push its body fully out of the ground. A number of other heartless did the same thing.

Roxas didn’t move from his place. He didn’t panic. He looked out and saw the hundreds of heartless all around him and didn’t’ flinch. It was just a good day’s work back in the castle.

Xemnas had found out about Roxas’s betrayal from the moment he stepped out of the castle. He sent the dusks after him, and he sent the heartless after him, reminding him that he still needs to obey their rules. Roxas was going to slay these heartless, and he was going to release hundreds of hearts into the air to make Kingdom Hearts completely. He was going to help out the Organization by doing that, too.

But he only thought about saving himself.

Atop of Memory Skyscraper stood another lone figure. His eyes were covered by a black blindfold, and he wore the same Organization robe Roxas had on. His silver hair danced in the wind, licking the sides of his face and caressing the breeze.

Roxas noticed him out of the corner of his eye. He drew his keyblade, Oblivion in his right hand, but to his surprise also drew out another one in his left hand. Not thinking much about it, he used it to his advantage anyway and clashed the two together, challenging the heartless as well as the person on top of the building.

Riku smiled softly to himself and spread his arms out wide. Just at that moment, the clouds parted in the sky to show Kingdom Hearts glowing as eerily and pale as ever. The outline of the moon created a heart-shaped line of violet fire around him. The heartless shielded their eyes from the light, but the fire quickly faded.

Riku removed his blindfold for a split second to get a better picture of the world around him than versus one through damp black cloth. When he got a good look at the person below him, he smiled and put it back on.

Roxas looked up at him through his locks of blonde hair. He knew Riku was looking straight at him, but whether he could hear him was a different story.

“Where’s Sora?†He said to more of himself than Riku above him.

Suddenly the heartless began jumping at him in all directions. He swung his arms forward and backwards, striking with the two keyblades. He moved backwards and sideways, letting the heartless jump in front of him so he could slash them with one of the two weapons he held in each hand. He jumped into the air and moved backwards simultaneously, slashing heartless in front of him as well as in back of him. With every stroke of his keyblade another heart was released, another heartless faded into darkness.

One heartless flew into the air, threatening to jump on top of him from above. Roxas jumped forward, flipped in the air and drove his keyblade into the chest of another heartless that dared to jump into the air after him. He reached the ground again and propelled his body into the air again, heartless joining him in the air. He spun around slaying the shadow in back of him, pressing higher into the air and he spun around to slay the one on the side of him. Heartless jumped higher into the air and Roxas threw himself higher into the air, spinning like a funnel cloud tilted on its side, slaying every heartless that was within a yard of him. Roxas’s feet met the ground again, keeping one of his keyblades guarding the front of him, one guarding the back. He jumped backwards and soared into the air, landing in front of the front door of Memory Skyscraper.

Riku watched above with amusement. Such a young kid as talented in fighting as the one before him should be hailed with praise. This was the way Roxas was brought up in the Organization. The only thing he knew how to do was fight and kill. He had been taught by only the best, and when he started to outgrow the best, he was pushed back in line as everyone else, making sure that he couldn’t overthrow them all.

Roxas looked up at Riku, waiting for him to make the first move. Heartless climbed the walls, hugging the marble faces of statues that were carved into the sides. Hundreds of shadows and glowing eyes advanced on him.

Waiting a little longer for Riku to move, the heatless make their attack. They sprung at Roxas but Number 13 was too quick for them. He bounded upwards to the side and pushed off of one of the statues with his right foot, and then did the same with the other side with his left foot. He flipped in the air to gain balance and planted his feet in the face of the building. He held his keyblades out to his sides, their sharp ends scraping the building as he ran upwards. Roxas ran so fast he was able to get up the side of the building and defying gravity (this he was taught by Xigbar =D ). Heatless appeared in front of him, but he made sure that he didn’t lose his balance. He swung both keyblade out in front of him, crisscrossing each other making X shapes. They disappeared in clouds of black, blinding him temporarily every time one was slain.

He ascended upwards, getting closer and closer to the figure atop the skyscraper. The army of shadows followed him in close pursuit, not letting him forget that they were still there. He ran faster and faster, swinging his arms and slaying shadows, keeping his eyes locked on the figure now only a couple yards away from him.

Riku looked down over the edge of the building, waiting for the perfect moment to jump. If he had been sane right now, and not obsessed with thoughts of saving Sora, he wouldn’t have even thought about climbing the skyscraper in the first place. But to do what he must, he must make sacrifices, even if they questioned his own sanity.

Roxas took a couple of steps forward and hurled his keyblade at the figure right in front of him. Riku seized his chance and jumped off of the edge of the building, the rain pounding on his back as he soared downward. He flipped himself over backwards so that the light of the building were reflecting on his back. He kept his arm tucked in close to him, but opened his hand. The oblivion keyblade fell in place, the palm of his hand. He closed his fingers around it. Riku swung he hand around to the neck of the blade was across his chest, the point sticking out on the side from him.

Roxas was amazed that the figure was able to catch his keyblade, but he had another one in his hand. What even amazed him more, was that he was able to hold it without it disappearing and returning back to him. He dismissed the thought from his mind and concentrated on running up the side of the skyscraper.

Their eyes met.

Roxas slashed out with his remaining keyblade, only to miss. He swung himself around and started to run down the building, following Riku who was still falling downwards, head first. Roxas picked up speed and was descending the building faster than Riku was falling.

Riku flipped over in the air so his stomach was now facing the lights on the building. He reared his head backwards and stuck his feet out first, breaking his fall. He brought Roxas’s keyblade over his head, and Roxas parried it and flipped over Riku, landing catlike on the ground. He spun around, slaying all the heartless next to him.

Riku landed in front of the door of the skyscraper. He drew out Roxas’s keyblade in front of him, but jumped high into the air, flipping and swing the blade around, slaying more heartless. Together the two fought back-to-back, slaying every single remaining heartless. When every single last shadow was gone, they jumped forward, only to turn around and jump back at each other again.

Riku held his keyblade out in front of him while Roxas repeatedly slammed his down on it. Riku tried to push Roxas off of him, but he was too strong. Instead, he jumped backwards and shot a ball of darkness out from his fingers. It caught him off guard, and Roxas was thrown backwards. Riku seized his chance and ran towards him, his keyblade ready to strike.

Roxas held his blade out in front of himself, protecting him. Riku brought his arm down with all of his strength and Roxas faltered a bit but parried his attack. He threw Riku off of him and jumped to his feet. Riku shot another dark ball at him, but Roxas sliced through it and ran faster. He brought his keyblade over his head and brought it down with all of his strength. Riku was too slow, and failed to guard himself with his blade.

His body crumbled to the ground. Roxas stood at the ready, ready for Riku to spin around and attack him, but he didn’t. Instead, he flipped himself over on his back and kneeled on his knees. Roxas held the keyblade to his side, eyeing his old oblivion keyblade that lay on the floor besides him. Riku clenched his fists.

“Why? Why do you have the keyblade?!†Riku shouted at him.

Roxas felt himself grow weak for a moment, but then regained himself and filled his insides with rage again.

“Shut up!†Those were the only words that could escape his mouth then. He raised his keyblade in front of him and brought it down upon Riku.

With lightning reflexes, Riku grabbed the keyblade at his side and swung it out in front of him. It parried Roxas attack and sent the boy flying backwards into the air, crash-landing on the cold concrete. Oathkeeper disappeared from his hand.

Riku slowly got up and walked over to where he lay. He looked over his body, pitying him. He stabbed the earth with oblivion, making it stick in the ground besides him. He stood there a moment, thinking about all that must have happened to him to make him risk his life to run away from the Organization.

What was he risking? He had no life. He didn’t exist.

The ran started to fall harder again. Thunder rumbled in the sky. Riku continued to gaze at Roxas, and was shocked when he saw his eyes flutter open and his hand grab the keyblade at his side.

Roxas waited for his vision to clear and he used the blade at his side to help him up. He gripped the handle of oblivion and wrenched it out of the ground, swinging it out in front of him to strike Riku. Riku jumped backwards landing far away from him. Roxas got up and started to run at him. Riku shot a ball of darkness at him, but Roxas sliced through it without trouble. Roxas continue to charge at the person before him.

As the darkness parted away from his eyes, he brought oblivion down, but Riku quickly dodged it. He swung it out and stood in his battle stance, a lost look of unidentified defeat on his face.

“Quit fooling around!†Roxas yelled at him. He swiped the air with oblivion as if challenging Riku closer.

Riku paused. The edge of his lips twitched in a small smile, but he returned his face to stone.

“What’s wrong, Sora?†he chanted, “are you done already?â€

Roxas was taken aback but didn’t falter. He tightened his grip on his keyblade and gave Riku a sharp snarl.

“Pretty pathetic.†Riku taunted.

Roxas realized what he said and his face turned to confusion.

“What are you talking about? You’re the one who’s losing!†Roxas put his fingers to his lips surprised that he snapped all of a sudden. When he heard Riku’s voice again, he returned to anger.

“You really are his nobody.†Riku said softly. He turned his head to the side. “I guess I have to trust DiZ.â€

“Why do you keep talking about him!?†Roxas yelled, agitated, “I’m myself!â€

He drew oblivion and summoned his new keyblade. “I’m me!†He ran at full speed at the figure in front of him.

He slashed oathkeeper at Riku, but missed and retaliated. He sliced the air with oblivion, also slicing Riku. Riku fell backwards with a painful wail, falling backwards on his feet but soon collapsing. Roxas stood up, out of his battle stance, and kept an eye on him.

Riku fought to stay conscious. The blow knocked all the wind out of him and he was gasping for air.

“You can’t beat me, no matter how much you try!†Roxas spat at him.

“I guess so…†He paused, gasping for more air. “Looks like I have to do it.†He said softly to himself, admitting defeat.

“Do what?†Roxas drew his keyblades out to both sides of him, and got back in his battle stance. His eyebrows dipped in confusion.

Riku rose slowly from the ground, speaking softly but getting louder, “The power sitting in my heart…†His hand reached for the blindfold covering his eyes and he began to pull it off slowly, “the power suppressed by my heart…†He dropped the blindfold at his side and paused. “If I were to be someone else…â€

He clenched his fits and brought his arms to his sides, screaming loudly. It was more of a scream of pain than a yell of rage. He was lifted into the air, slowly floating above the ground, his arms outstretched and his head held back like a fallen angel. Darkness spewed from the ground in a circle around him, and then tall columns of purple, blue, and black. Roxas tightened his grip on the two keyblades. His face was twisted in a snarl, but his eyes showed curiosity.

Riku disappeared into the swirling vortex of darkness and wasn’t visible to Roxas. The colors swirled around and around, making the darkness look alive. Finally, all at once the darkness faded away, the remnants licking the air and light around them. Where Riku once stood was a man with dark tan skin and slicked sliver hair. Behind him was a guardian made completely full of darkness.

The man’s face showed no sign of emotion. His arms were crossed and he floated a foot about the ground. The guardian’s muscles flexed beneath its black skin. Its knifelike teeth were as dangerous as daggers dipped in poison; its hands could strangle the life out of any living being.

Suddenly, the two were gone. Roxas gasped, amazed, but then they were right in front of his face. He came eye-to-eye with the glowing orange eyes of the man and he was forced to look into them.

Out of nowhere came the guardian’s giant hand. It rapped its fingers around Roxas’s puny body and gripped him like a young girl would a doll. Roxas was lifted into the air by the guardian, fighting back to no avail. He kicked and squirmed but the grip was too tight. He didn’t admit defeat yet, he couldn’t. Roxas didn’t know the meaning to defeat.

He grunted and gasped for air but it got him nowhere. He lost the feel in his feet, the tips of his fingers. Without knowing it, he dropped his keyblades to the ground, and they hit the concrete with a metallic clink. They both disappeared into darkness and light as soon as they hit the ground.

The man stared at Roxas and blinked.

“The power of darkness.â€

Riku looked down at Roxas before him. The boy lay unconscious on the ground, his face peaceful and silent. The moon was clearly visible now and it was casting an eerie light in the courtyard of buildings. To his right, a corridor of darkness appeared, and another man walked out of it. The man was dressed in a long robe that caressed the ground behind him, and there was a long red cloth rapped around his head. Riku quickly turned his back to him and pulled the hood of his cape over his head.

He turned his head slightly to the side, looked over his shoulder with his eyes that were now cloaked in the shadows of his hood. “He sensed Sora.â€

A deep voice emerged from the rapped up face. It felt like thunder itself, rolling over a flat plain. “Did he say he hated Sora?†He paused. “What a joke. A nobody cannot feel emotion.â€

Riku hesitated before speaking, “If he were to meet Sora…that might be differentâ€

When Roxas awoke, he was in a royal blue room laced with wires and cords that ran in every section of the room. A computer was to the right of him with six monitors that all showed different things. More monitors lined the walls, showing someone’s data. Roxas was too dazed and far away to see whose data it was.

Two figures stood in front of him. One was tall and in an Organization robe, the other was a bit shorter and wore a red robe with a blood red cloth rapped around his head. He was pretty sure the man in the Organization robe was the man he fought earlier, but he didn’t know who the other figure was.

His eyes were only open a slit. If he were to open them further, the light from the room would hurt him and give him a tremendous headache. He forgot about seeing and focused on listening.

“Will it work?â€

“If we can maintain the simulated town until Namine finishes chaining together Sora’s memories.†The voice was deep and intimidating.

There was a small pause.

“What will happen to Roxas?†The voice sounded concerned.

“He holds half of Sora’s power within him.†The man with the deep voice turned sideways. “In the end he’ll have to give it back. Until then, he’ll need another personality to throw off his pursuers.†He sat down in the computer chair and started to press some buttons.

“Poor thing.â€

DiZ pressed one big button and a light shined over Roxas’s head. He felt like he was being poked and prodded with needles, and stinging sensations filled his body.

“It’s the fate of a nobody.â€

“Hey, wait up!†Roxas ran up the sun-lit brick hill and turned the corner into a shadowed alleyway. Once he stepped out into the light, he squinted his eyes but walked to a fence and opened the gate blocking the way. A royal blue blanket blocked the doorway to the Usual Spot. When he pushed it aside, inside were his best friends ever, Hayner, Pence, andlette. They all had a blue sea-salt ice cream in their hand, and Hayner had two. Roxas walked over to him and sat on the radiator next to his friend. Hayner handed him the ice cream and Roxas gladly took it.

“Thanks for waiting up with me guys.†Roxas said sarcastically.

“I don’t think I’ve ever had a friend like you.â€

Hey, read my above post and COMMENT!!!!! PLEASE! Only one more chapter to go and we're done with this story!

16. coolgirl200 Merlin's Housekeeper

^_^ That was great! *dosn't even know what to say* Sorry I didn't reply at the last chapter...I loved how Demyx finally stood up, though! (XD)

17. Prince of Twilight Gummi Ship Junkie

Awesome!That was a really great story!

18. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

HA! It's not over yet! You see, I got my computer taken away becasue I kicked the crap out of my sister, and then I'm moving so I packed my computer away and havn't been able to write my story. Sorry it's taking so long, but I'll have it out as soon as I get my computer back. Right now, I'm on my friend's computer. Once again, sorry it's taking forever, theres only one more chapter to take care of, and I've already started working on it. In the spare time that I have without my computer, I'll make sure this chapters great. Hopefully.

Bye bye till then.

19. Xx Axel xX Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, just read my post above and you'll know why this took so long. I'm EXTREMELY sorry for the extreme delay, please just read this I worked really hard on it.

Chapter XIII!!!!! IT’S THE LAST CHAPTER! ENJOY IT!!! COMMENT BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!! I WANT EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT READ THIS CHAPTER TO COMMENT, EVEN IF IT SUCKED!!!!!

Gah, this chapter was probably my least favorite one to write. I wanted to make it great, something that would hang in your minds every time you thought of a great fanfic. Generally, I didn’t think it was great AT ALL, I thought it was probably one of my worst things ever written within the past three years…ANYWAY, a lot of other people enjoyed it, and I’m glad because of that. Please, remember to comment on everything that was amazing, and everything that was horrible! Every comment helps!

Last Chapter.
    Day one
    Roxas’s bedroom

He woke up snapping open his eyes only to feel them sting when the sun touched them. He moved his hand in front of his face to engulf his eyes in a shadow and keep out the bright light of the sun. He stood up, rubbing the back of his head with his other arm.

Who was this boy that was appearing in his dreams every night? This boy with spiky brown hair and cerulean blue eyes went on all sort of adventures, seeing all sorts of different people and places. Eventually, in the future Roxas would have more of these dreams, and in his head he would piece them together to make sense out of all of it.

Roxas woke up this morning feeling something different. The air had a funny taste, and when he was alone he couldn’t hear the silence. He opened his window to let in some fresh air, but it didn’t help. He got changed and after he was done eating breakfast he went outside his house to the Usual Spot.

This was not a normal thief. Whoever it was stole not only photos, but the word photos from existence. At first it was surreal to him, not being able to say a word no matter how hard he tried, but he had pinched himself more than once and he was not dreaming. When he finally saw the thief, a long and skinny figure dressed in all white, he took off after it through the woods and to the old mansion. Roxas also thought it was impossible to slither through the air like this thief was doing, but he hadn’t seen anything yet.

The figure finally stood flinging its arms and twisting its body in front of the Old Mansion’s gates. Roxas caught his breath and walked towards it, cautiously at first, but getting more defensive as he approached it.

The figure moved as if it had no bones in its body, but was made of rubber. It had no eyes, no nose, no mouth, but instead had a symbol on its face. As Roxas studied it more, the symbol seemed vaguely familiar, but he knew he’d never seen it before.

As he took a step closer, the thing twitched oddly in its neck.

We have come for you, my liege.

The creature did not speak those words. A tiny voice that sounded almost sounded like a wisp of wind whispered in his mind the sentence. He did not know what it meant or what this creature was, but he did know it wasn’t normal.

The zipper on the creature’s mouth tugged on its own and made its way over to the other side of its face. Inside the mouth there was nothing but darkness, the teeth of the zipper acting like the teeth of the creature. It reached forth a slim white arm, the fingers on its hand strapped together.

Roxas froze in fear, but then realized the struggle club he had in his hand. He swung out at the creature to watch his club go right through it. The thing noticed Roxas was fighting back and it began to wiggle and twitch. The pale white arms reached for him, twisting and writhing through the air. Roxas took a step backward, but lunged forward and sliced diagonally through the monster. The creature didn’t even falter, and instead it jumped clear over Roxas’s head to appear behind him. Roxas spun on his heels and counterattacked. Nothing happened to the white thing in front of him.

It’s like hitting air! He thought to himself.

All of a sudden something happened. The struggle club he held in his hand flashed a neon green and a swirl of meaningless numbers circled it. Light exploded from it, and when his eyes settled, a long key was in his grip. He almost dropped it in surprise, but his hand felt like it was glued to the metal of the handle. It tugged him towards the white creature, and dragged him forward. He had no idea what this was or how it got in his hand, but when he swung it at the creature it was a solid hit.

Roxas slashed and swiped the blade like he never thought he could. Finally, he brought the keyblade up above the fallen creature’s head, and brought it down. On contact the white monster disappeared into white dust.

Feeling more confused than proud of himself, Roxas looked around. The blade in his hand flashed green and disappeared in another flurry of numbers. Just as mysterious as it came, it was gone.

When he came to, he realized all of the stolen pictures fluttered around him in the air to settle near him. He sighed and collected the pictures up, walking back to the Usual Spot, thinking to himself how this was all just a dream, and when he reaches his house he’ll wake up.

But it wasn’t a dream. And he never woke up.

Atop the Station Tower a lone figure stood. He leaned against the wall of the tower with his arms crossed and his pointy nose in the air. His eyes were almost closed, and his forehead was shadowed by the black hood draped over his head. A couple visible locks of flaming red hair brushed his shoulders in the wind.

He unfolded his hands as a white creature slinked in front of him and slipped a piece of thick paper into his gloved hand. The man lifted the paper up to his eyes and dipped his eyebrows.

“What’s this?†He asked his voice smooth despite his aggravation. The picture burst into flames in second and the ashes drifted away in the wind.

“C’mon guys, these pictures are worthless.†He pushed himself away from the tower and pulled his hood back over his eyes.

“Find me the real thing.â€

I messed up badly. My life is crashing down on my shoulders. Hayner’s mad at me, and Pence and Olette think I’m going insane. I can’t tell my friends any of the stuff that’s happening to me… the white things…the dreams…the key and the girl in white…What does it mean?

I’ve been having these weird thoughts lately…

Like, is any of this for real…or not?

Roxas thought for himself hours on end. When he realized none of the gang was at the Usual Spot, he got ready for today’s Struggle match. He thought maybe, just maybe today things would straighten up and everything would make sense today.

He was far from right.

Hayner had told him that he wasn’t mad for what happened yesterday. That made his day a little brighter. The rest of the day’s events swallowed that light whole.

Everyone froze like they have been. Breaths trapped in people’s lungs, words still stuck in throats and hands caught in the air. The butterflies that shopped throughout the flowers stopped in midair, defying gravity and staying transfixed where they were. Only he and Vivi continued to move. But when he looked back at Vivi, three white figures had taken his place.

Since he was so accustomed to watching his struggle club transform into the key, he swung out at the creatures, hopping back and forth, counterattacking and sliding and slashing like a professional fighter. He had no idea where he had learned his fighting skills, but they helped him stay alive.

Tired, he brought his last swing down upon the head of the last white creature. He slowly brought himself up, panting. He put his arms at his sides, relaxing his hand but the key didn’t fall out of his grip. His eyelids felt heavy. He was too tired to continue, yet something inside of him made him push on.

Clap, clap, clap clap clap clap. Hollow, empty sounds echoing through his body. That’s all the applauding felt like to him.

“Roxas, alright, fight fight fight...†A familiar but distant voice sounded throughout the sandlot.

Roxas snapped his eyes open and leaned in closer, eyeing the figure approaching him.

He was dressed in a black robe, a hood pulled over his head. The sun reflected off of the shiny leather of his robe, making his deathly skinny figure look skinnier.

Maybe it was something his long arms, or his long fingers that reminded Roxas of someone he knew. Maybe it was his tall skinny figure, or maybe it was the way the leather moved in the wind near his feet. Whatever it was, Roxas swore he saw this person before. Nothing bothers someone most than having a piece of memory linger on the edge of your mind. He’s never seen this person before in his life, he’s sure of it.

“You really don’t remember. It’s me,†He ran a gloved hand over the top of his head, knocking his hood off.

He brought his head down swiftly, making his locks of flaming red hair bounce around. Two tiny upside-down triangles were marked underneath his eyes, making the emerald green stand out. His pointed nose highlighted his thin smirk.

“You know, Axel.â€

…

“Axel?â€

The name echoed in his head, trying to find a place to settle down in, but he had no recognition of someone named Axel. The named seemed empty, it had no meaning…yet Roxas couldn’t help but hold onto it.

Roxas sat on the station tower with Hayner, Pence, and Olette beside him. He held the little blue marble in his hands tightly.

He couldn’t make sense of anything anymore. Nothing was going right. Nothing made sense. He didn’t know what the dreams were meaning, or the strange girl in white, the dark plane with stain-glass buildings were he fought that monster, the keyblade, Axel, Diz, the other man in black…none of it fit. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t find any reason that they would be here for him.

“Number thirteen, Roxas. The keyblade’s chosen one.â€

He couldn’t get Axel’s meaningless words out of his head. They had no meaning, yet they meant so much to him.

He stood up when Olette handed out the ice cream. He didn’t know why he stood up so swiftly, but he lost his balance. He stumble forward, swung his arms out backward and wobbled a bit. He lost his balance completely and stumbled over the edge of the station tower.

…There was someone else there…a girl…

“Namine…? What’s happening to me?â€

“Who are you? And that’s not my name. I’m Kairi.â€

So distant…yet he knew what it meant.

“Kairi…I know you. You’re that girl he likes.â€

“Who? Please, a name!â€

“I’m Roxas.â€

“Okay, Roxas, but can you tell me his name?â€

“You don’t remember my name?â€

That voice felt like a bullet hitting him. He had never met this person before, yet it seems he knew him better than he knew himself.

“Thanks a lot, Kairi!â€

She gasped in surprise.

“O-kay, I guess I can give you a hint. Starts with an S.â€

Sora. That was the boy’s name. Roxas knew it all along, but he refused to acknowledge it. But now he knew, and that was all that mattered. He knew something true in his life for once.

He fell off of the station tower that night, yet awoke perfectly fine in his bed the next morning. He didn’t care. Nothing made sense anymore.

The rest of the day was filled with other meaningless occurrences, which Roxas tried to pay no attention to. He just pushed the fact that these weird things were happening to him to the back of his head and tried to live with it.

The one part that did make him think was the mansion. The mansion was supposed to be abandoned, yet there was someone in there. He had met her.

The pictures on the marble walls weren’t meaningless, yet he knew nothing about them. The flowers on the island with the golden sun setting in the background were unknown to him. The girl with auburn hair and a tropical star-shaped fruit was also unknown, as was almost every other picture on the wall. Yet, he did know exactly who was in one picture.

“This is…me?†He looked closer at the picture. “…and Axel’s here too.â€

“Your are best friends.â€

“Very funny.â€

The sentence did not strike him as funny. It sent a chill down his spine.

When she spoke, her voice was alarmingly serious and saddened.

“Don’t you want to know the truth about who you really are?â€

“No one knows me better than me.†He voice quivered slightly. He was denying that sentence himself.

She giggled slightly, but it was a hollow laugh. “Of course…â€

“But…I don’t get what’s been happening lately.â€

She changed the subject. His eyes focused on another picture.

“You know these three, don’t you?â€

“Yeah, Sora, Donald, and Goofy. They’re from the dreams.â€

“About a year ago…some things happened, and I had to take apart the memories changed together in Sora’s heart. But now, I’m putting them all back exactly the way they were. It’s taken me a long time, but pretty soon, Sora will be his old self again. The process has been effecting you too, Roxas.â€

“You mean, the dreams?â€

“Yes…You and Sora are connected. And…in order for Sora to become completely whole again…He needs you.â€

“Me…what for?â€

“You hold half of what he is.†She paused. “He needs you, Roxas.â€

“Namine?â€

Finally, they were sitting facing each other. Roxas sat at the end of the long white table with Namine opposite him. She said on a fake grin on her face.

“Namine…who are you?â€

“I’m a witch, with power over Sora’s memories and those around him.â€

“A witch?â€

She put a small hand against her chest defensively and looked solemnly down at the table.

“That’s what DiZ called me.â€

“But, I don’t know why I have this power…I just do…I don’t even think there’s a right way for me to use it.â€

She seemed all too sad, locked in this white room of hers, doing nothing but drawing endlessly, used like the tool she was.

“Hmm…I can’t help ya there.â€

She looked up and gaze at him with her huge blue eyes, forcing herself to smile.

“It’s funny…†He didn’t find it funny at all. “Suddenly I feel like I don’t know myself at all…I guess I would like to know. What do you know about me…that I don’t?â€

Namine took a deep breath and slowly shrugged her shoulders, as if she was trying to hide her face from him.

“You…you were never supposed to exist, Roxas.â€

He pushed his back up against the chair, letting his head hit the back of it as well.

“What? How could you even say such a thing…even if it were true?â€

“I’m sorry. I guess, some things really are better left unsaid.â€

The next thing he knew, he was standing back on the front lawn of the mansion, next to Pence and away from the gate.

“The Roxas that I know is long gone…â€

“…fine. I see how it is.â€

Axel griped his fingers into a fist and summoned a corridor of darkness in front of him. He walked into it, not realizing what he was getting himself into.

The first place he went when he entered the castle was the white room. Namine wasn’t in it at first. He strode around the room, looking at each other pictures. One caught his eye.

“Your mind’s made up?â€

“Why did the keyblade choose me? I have to know.â€

“You can’t turn on the Organization!â€

When he turned around, she was sitting at the foot of the table. Her eyes beckoned him towards her, her non-exsistant smile told him not to move.

“Organization 13…They’re a bad group.â€

“Bad, or good. I don’t know. They’re a group of incomplete people who wish to be whole. To that end, they’re desperately searching for something.â€

“What?â€

“Kingdom Hearts.â€

He laughed.

“Funny?†She asked, lifting her head.

Roxas put on hand on the table. “It’s just, I think- I’ve been running away from the question, I really want to ask. What’s going to happen to me now? Just tell me that. Nothing else really matters anymore.â€

“You are…â€

She froze, and pixel by pixel drifted off into the air. Where she was a few seconds ago, she was gone.

He knew now. He knew everything. He remembered. He remembered Riku, DiZ, Axel, the Organization…he knew everything. He knew where he was, and he knew what was to be done.

“Simply amazing, Roxas.â€

“Axel.â€

“You really do remember me this time.†For once, that same sarcastic smirk cracked across his face. It quickly changed.

“I’m so FLATTERED!â€

Fire shot up all around him. Never had he seen Axel this mad, not since the day in the hallway…

“But your too late!â€

Remembering the fight with Riku, Roxas summoned both Oblivion and Oatheeper. Hopefully he remembered how to use them.

“Two?!â€

Axel rose his arms, the flames dancing as he rose them higher. He summoned two of his own weapons.

Axel died down as his flames died down. He couldn’t hit Roxas one more time. He couldn’t deal with it.

Smirking in the corner of his mouth, his emerald eyes showed the same sarcastic message they always showed. Roxas smiled one last time, and took one last long look at his friend.

Although since his new arrival in Twilight Town, Roxas swore he did not meet Axel. Yet something deep inside of him told him differently. It was back like old times again.

“…You see, when I’m around you I don’t remember anger, or hate anymore. I remember something differentâ€

“Really, what feeling is that?â€

“The feeling of having a friend.â€

“Axel.â€

“Let’s meet again…in the next life.â€

“Yeah, I’ll be waiting.â€

Darkness enveloped Axel, licking his boots and caressing his robe like flames.

“Silly, just because you have a next life…â€

Axel was gone.

Roxas was in a room with no walls or ceiling. In front of him stood DiZ, his last remaining opponent. In back of DiZ stood the Pod.

“I hate you so much.â€

“You should share some of that hatred with Sora. He’s far too nice for his own good.â€

DiZ’s voice was like an empty cave, empty and hollow and full of sadness and no mercy. It was like the thunder that ruined one’s perfect day, or the alarm clock that started one’s endless day.

“No! My heart belongs to me!â€

He could of never have been so much more wrong.

When Roxas hit DiZ with the keyblade, he disappeared. The top of the pod lit up in lights, and the front half opened up like a flower. Inside, stood Sora, asleep and preacefull.

Roxas approached the pod slowly, his keyblade at his side. He smiled, yet he was far from happy.

“Sora.â€

Sora floated peacefully, his hair long and outgrown, his cloths small and outdated. His face showed tranquility, his hands callused and worn. Just looking at him made Roxas quiver with a new found strength.

“You’re lucky.†Roxas smiled a longing, remembering smile. He hadn’t felt truly, fully happy in a long time.

“Looks like my summer vacation is…†He looked at the floor.

“…over.â€

Axel punched the wall. He griped his hair with his hand strongly and walked around the center of the sandlot.

I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed, I FAILED!

“I failed!â€

That was all Axel could think right now. Roxas was gone. Roxas wasn’t coming back. He screwed up. There would be no shortcuts for him now, only punishments. Only consequences, only death. His life ended there.

How could he have failed? He, himself, Axel, never fails! Never! Not in his life had he ever failed to follow any order!

But he failed.

Axel covered his eyes with his hand and collapsed on the ground, punching the ground absentmindedly with his other hand.

A sharp voice, one that felt as dark as the dark side of the moon. Axel knew only too well that sinister lunar voice.

“Yes, you have failed.â€

“You’re…fading away.â€

“Well, that what happened when you put your whole being into an attack, Y’know?â€

He felt like the educator he used to be. Teaching him how to use the keyblade, teaching him to stand up for himself, and to stand up for others. And he here, for the last time. Although he couldn’t see him, he was there.

“Not that nobody’s actually have beings, right...? Anyway, I digress. Go, find Kairi.â€

He didn’t want him to leave. He wanted to stay here forever. He wanted the pieces of him that were floated off to come back and make him whole again. All their research was gone. It was wasted. There is no such way to make your heart yours again once you’ve lost it.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I’m sorry for what I did to her.â€

“Well, you can tell her that when you see her yourself!â€

“Nah, I think I’ll pass. My heart just wouldn’t be in it, Y’know. Haven’t got one.â€

He wasn’t the one for apologies.

“Axel, what were you trying to do?â€

“I wanted to see Roxas. He was the only one I liked. He made me feel, like I had a heart. It’s kind of funny… You make me feel the same…â€

He was also trying to keep himself from dieing a horrible death of failure in the Organization, but this excuse seemed a bit more meaningful.

“Kairi’s in the castle dungeon.†With the last of his strength, Axel opened a corridor to darkness. He couldn’t feel the tips of his fingers anymore, the end of his robes against his legs, or even the feel of his hair against his cheek.

“Now go.â€

And with that, Axel faded away, taking a last fleeting glance at Roxas at his side. Although Sora didn’t show it, something inside of him cried.

Something inside of him he thought didn’t exist.

“Look sharp!â€

Roxas smiled at Sora. The two were so different in personality, yet so similar in everything else.

Roxas closed his eyes and felt his body evaporate, and float off into the air to rejoin as Sora again.

For once, he felt whole. For one, he actually felt happiness, completeness. And then, he felt sad.

But not for his own fate.

Roxas lived within Sora, and Namine within Kairi. Although Roxas could feel and think on his own, he couldn’t see, talk, and move on his own. He saw Namine every time Sora and Kairi were together.

He also saw Riku. Every time Riku looked at Sora, something would be there that wasn’t there before. Roxas could sense it. It was a feeling of guilt, or of jealously. It wasn’t a bad feeling…yet Roxas could find no good in it. Maybe it was that sarcastic smile that reminded Riku of someone Roxas knew. Or maybe it was the long spiky hair, or the shocking eyes that had Roxas reminiscing.

Whatever it was, Roxas loved it. He loved being reminded of someone that was there, every time he needed someone. Although Axel was gone, something never died.

And later, Roxas laughed at himself for believing Nobodies really didn’t exist. He laughed at the fact that they couldn’t feel emotion. He couldn’t believe he doubted his friendship was never there.

But most of all, he couldn’t believe he thought immortality meant never dieing.

The End.

Thank you so much for you all for reading it! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Each one of your comments makes my day! Please check out any other story I post! Please comment on everything you thought about the story!

20. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

The end was amazing!!! This was an awesome story!!!

BRAVO!!!!