Sora and Kairi: SWITCHED! A Kingdom Hearts Alternate Future

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destiny's Force, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Eventually...

I was planning to. They'll be involved...just not in the way you might think. And not this early in the story.
    I'm still working on the next chapter of the other story first. ;)

2. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

hmm, sooo, what you're saying is that Donald and Goofy are OR might be the only ones that might come and the King got tied up in some situation so he couldn't make it??????? Or am I going a little ahead? Or is that a good way to put it? I'm just being random so yeah, I'm just going over the tip of my head ^~^''

3. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

great chapter, DF! loved the ending!!! XD

hmmm... donald, goofy, and king mickey in this story? sounds interesting!! =D
    and since you said not this early in the story, how far would you say the story is now?

...i dont want it to end!! ><

4. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

That was the best chapter ending in fanfic history. LMAO. Seriously xDDD.

5. Allstargamer Twilight Town Denizen

Very, Very Interesting. I like it! I'll definately keep reading.

6. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

It's really funny.

7. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well other than my last post, I think Donald will make things worse.:D

8. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Sora's Wearing...High Heels?!

(Note from author: Good luck getting the images out of your head. ;) Anyway, school starts for me next Tuesday. So, expect updates to slow down slightly... :bangbang:)

"Okay! The first thing that you really need to work on, Sora, is your walk." After lunch, the gang headed to the island, so they could help Sora prepare for the pageant without any outside distractions. Tidus and Wakka were lounging around the base of a palm tree. Riku was attempting to give Sora pointers on top of the newly repaired bridge and Selphie was with Kairi over in the nearby wooden shack.

Sora crossed his arms over his chest, a bit disgruntled. "What's wrong with my walk?"

"It may be okay if you were a guy. But since you're in a girl's body?" Riku shook his head. "You're going to have to learn how to walk with some grace."

Sora blinked. "I'm not following."

Riku sighed. "Guess we have no choice." He turned toward the shack. "Kairi?" he called. Selphie emerged from the shack holding a shopping bag and leading Kairi through the doorway.

Sora's jaw dropped in horror as he noticed that instead of his usual shoes, his body was prancing toward him in high-heels. Kairi giggled at Sora's stunned expression. "So what do you think, Sora? Aren't I cute?" She gave Sora's body a twirl.

Tidus and Wakka were rolling on the ground, clutching their sides in laughter. Even Riku was having a hard time keeping his face straight. Sora ran a palm over his face in embarrassment. "Someone just kill me now..." he moaned.

After everyone calmed down, Riku said, "We figured the best way to show you how would be by visual demonstration."

"So why couldn't Selphie be the one modeling?" Sora asked.

Kairi batted her boyish eyelashes at him. "I'm sure you'd like that, but you'll probably have an easier time seeing yourself do it."

Sora pursed his lips together. "This'll probably haunt me for the rest of my life," he grumbled darkly.

"It could be worse," Wakka said.

Sora thought about it. "Yeah, you're probably right," he agreed. "I could have a girl's chest too."

Selphie dove into the shopping bag she was carrying and tossed a pair of high-heels to Sora. "Put those on," she ordered. As soon as he finished slipping on the new footwear, Kairi and Riku each took an arm and gently helped him up.

"Okay. The first thing you want to do is keep your balance." Kairi glanced at Sora's legs and found herself slightly anxious as his ankles were trembling. "You better not break my ankles, Sora!" she snapped.

"I can't help it!" Sora whined. "How in the world are you supposed to keep your balance? At least my shoes have ankle support."

Kairi shook her head. "Quit being such a pansy! If I can do it in your body, you can do it in mine." She positioned herself in front of him. "Just take it one step at a time. See?" Kairi proceeded in walking across the newly reinforced planks. "Step. Step. Step. See my head? Sway your hips side to side like you're proper..." Sora found it extremely disturbing to see his body swaying its hips back and forth, shaking his rear end like...

"A girl?" Namine finished. "You're lucky we're doing this here and not on the mainland. People'd think you're cheating on Kairi with Riku or something."

Sora rolled his eyes. "What exactly is it with some people thinking that me and Riku are gay?"

"Well, there was the whole crying thing when you found him," she explained. "It's the fangirls, Sora. Get used to it."

Sora's eyebrows shot up. "I have fangirls?"

Before Namine could reply, Kairi finally stopped and whirled around at Sora. "Okay, your turn!"

Sora took a deep breath. "This should be easy, right? I mean, if I could pilot a Gummi Ship after three lessons, learning how to walk in heels should be a snap!" He began to lift one foot and began shuffling across the bridge.

"Don't look at your feet!" Kairi coached. "Quit swaying so much! Tip-toe on the balls of your feet!"

Sora felt himself stumble off balance dozens of times before making it to the other end of the bridge. He looked at the group hopefully, only to be disappointed by the ashamed looks on their faces.

Kairi sighed. "Look. I'll show you again." She began to strut across the length of the bridge again. "See? You step naturally, but you keep your balan..."

"Tidus!" Sora shrieked. He had noticed that Tidus was taping the whole thing with his phone. "Put that camera away!"

"Are you serious? This is perfect blackmail material for the future!" he laughed. Sora immediately kicked off his heels and chased after Tidus.

Selphie and Kairi looked at each other in disbelief. "Boys," they said in unison.

Hours later, the sun was already halfway set into the horizon. Sora had finally managed to get the hang of using the heels, but his feet ached. Riku had managed to swipe Tidus' phone. He immediately deleted the video clips (after secretly sending them to his E-mail account) before handing it back to the disappointed teenager. Selphie barely managed to stifle a yawn. "Well, it's getting late and we still have all of tomorrow to train."

"Yeah," Wakka agreed. "We better get going before the sun sets completely."

"Um..." Kairi began to fidget in an unSora-like manner. "You guys go on ahead. Sora and I can squeeze in a few more minutes of practice."

"Riiiiight," Tidus said. "You're not fooling any of us, Kairi. You just want to be alone with Sora."

Selphie grabbed Tidus' ear and started pulling him away. "Just take your time, you two. We'll see you tomorrow."

As the rest of the group headed back for the boats, Sora swore he could hear Riku saying, "Hey, Selphie, could you do me a favor?"

The last bits of daylight orange were fading into the sea as Sora and Kairi sat side by side on the edge of the dock, the boats of the others were minuscule in the distance.

Suddenly, Kairi giggled. Sora was slightly disturbed on hearing his own voice giggle like a girl. He gave her a curious look. "What?"

"Remember the day before the storm?" Kairi asked, ruffling her fingers through Sora's bushy hair. "We were sitting on this dock together looking at the sunset."

Sora smiled. "Oh yeah. You wanted to take the raft with just the two of us."

Kairi playfully punched him on the arm. "You know I was kidding!"

"Sure you were, Kairi." The two of them laughed. Then Kairi's face became serious.

"You ever wonder what our lives would've been like," she mused, "if the storm hadn't hit?"

"Sometimes," Sora replied. "We'd probably be going to the academy together with the others. Things like homework and popularity would've seemed extremely important." He smirked. "I'd probably have been asked out by many girls..."

"Ha. But seriously, do you wish that it had never happened?" Sora blinked. "That the storm never came? We'd probably be on the raft sailing out to who knows where..."

"Nope," he answered without hesitation.

Kairi's eyes widened. "No?" she repeated.

"If the storm hadn't happened, we'd probably be still stuck here on the islands. We'd never have known there were other worlds and we wouldn't have met all our friends." Sora began to scratch an itch located on his chest, but immediately pulled his hand away as not to cause embarrassment to Kairi. "Me and Riku would never have become Keyblade masters, and you and I would've probably gotten sick of each other's company someday along the road."

Kairi bit her lip. "You'd have gotten sick of me?" There was a tiny bit of sadness in her question.

Sora realized what he had said and quickly shook his head. "No! Of course not!"

Kairi wasn't exactly convinced. "But you just said..."

Sora gripped Kairi's shoulders and squeezed. "What I meant was..." He knew he had to choose his words carefully here. "Back then if I had stayed with you instead of trying to find Riku, you'd have probably blamed me and yourself for not being able to rescue him." Sora sighed and released his grip. "To be honest, I figured if I had stuck around, you'd have been the one who would become fed up with me. I mean, you're a beautiful teenage girl who could have a pick of any guy out there. But instead you actually put up with me and my reckless stubbornness." Kairi's lips parted slightly in astonishment. "I know that I can be clueless at times, but you've always had my heart."

Kairi was speechless. "I...I don't know what to say." She broke her eye contact with him, turning her head away. Sora's head drooped. Even Roxas and Namine didn't know whether to interject or not. After a few minutes of tension, Kairi decided to change the subject. "You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get heels in your size."

Sora, who was glad of the topic change, let out a tinkling little laugh. "I didn't know that women's shoes could fit guys! How long did it take you?"

"Surprisingly, not that long. Selphie and I already knew your shoe size, so all we had to do was convert it to women's measurements." Kairi rolled her eyes. "The hard part was actually finding a store that had it."

Sora nodded thoughtfully, but stopped. "Wait. When and why exactly did you buy those shoes?"

Kairi gave him a sheepish smile. "We bought it months ago in case you ever lost a bet."

Sora narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "To who exactly?"

"Well, I guess we better get going," Kairi quickly said as she got to her feet and patting the dust off of Sora's behind. "It's a good thing that there are no adults waiting for us at home or they'd be probably getting some strange ideas about us." Sora was a bit ticked about her changing the subject again, but he let it go. In fact...

"Unless you want to sleep out here tonight," he suggested. Kairi froze on the spot. "You know, we can go and sleep under the stars just the two of us..."

Kairi was again speechless. "I...I...I..." she stammered.

Sora burst out laughing. "I was kidding, Kairi! I know you want to go home as much as I do." He struggled to get up, but the heels were giving him a hard time. He reached out to Kairi. "Can you help me up?" Kairi extended a hand to help Sora to his feet. However, as soon as he tried to take a step forward, he stumbled over, instinctively reaching for Kairi. Before she knew what was happening, Kairi felt herself being pulled roughly to the ground. They rolled around for a few seconds before coming to a complete halt with Kairi's body on top of Sora's. They looked at each other in utter silence. Sora felt Kairi's red hair drape over his face as Kairi began to blush slightly. There was a feeling of awkwardness between them, but for some reason, it felt completely natural. They stared into each others eyes, seeing their own reflections glancing back at them...

"There it is!" They immediately broke their gazes and snapped their heads toward the interruption. Riku was in the middle of picking up Selphie's shopping bag. "Selphie forgot her bag so I came back for it." He raised an eyebrow. "Did I interrupt something?"

Sora quickly jumped off of Kairi in a panic. "No, Riku! It wasn't anything like that!"

"Uh huh. And I thought you two couldn't get enough of each other already," Riku teased. "If I didn't know any better, Sora, I'd think you were starting to get comfortable in that body." Sora's face burned a bright red. Riku chuckled at seeing his reaction. "I'm right, aren't I?"

Sora brushed some stray red hair out of his face. "Why I oughta..." he yelled. Kairi sighed as she watched her body's shadowy form begin to chase a laughing Riku into the dazzling golden sunset.

"It doesn't matter what body he's in," she thought, "he's still the same lovable bum."

"What can I say?" Roxas replied. "There's only one Sora."

9. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

This is... terrific. A the same time... Ah damn, why have them switched bodies now?

10. Destined Working for WDW

leave it to Riku to interupt haha. Great character development in this chapter, you really give us the feel of what Sora and Kairi are going through, good job.

And the part about Sora walking in high heels, I interuppted my English History class laughing, kudos.

11. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

The Second Night...

(Note from author: I just wanted to get one last chapter out before the semester starts. Well, that and I want to work on the next chapter of "Wedding." :D It's a bit short, but I guess it's better than skipping over any major events. ;) And for of those who are wondering, don't worry. Donald and Goofy will make an appearance before the end of the second day. So, let's see how the two are spending their nights, shall we?)

"And the next participant in the Evening Gown category: Kairi!" The Princess of Heart couldn't be any more nervous as she began to walk daintily along the runway. Her outfit consisted of a pink satin strapless gown with a white waistband hugging her midsection and magenta high heels. Her eyes scanned the crowd for her friends and sure enough, Sora, Riku and the others were in the front row, cheering her on. Kairi almost giggled at Sora's expression. His jaw was wide open and his eyes were round with shock. Riku had to literally reach over and close his mouth.

As she reached the end of the runway, Kairi placed one hand on her hip and thrust out the other side, flashing her cutest smile. The photographers seemed to think she was photogenic, because their cameras were flashing non-stop. She still felt a bit of shyness in the pit of her stomach, but as long as she was up there, she was determined not to show it. Suddenly, a collective gasp could be heard throughout the crowd.

Everyone started muttering or laughing; many of the guys were making cat calls and wolf whistles. Kairi was completely baffled at their reactions until she felt a slight breeze play across her body. She looked down and was horrified to find that a few seconds ago she had been wearing a beautiful evening gown and now she was completely and totally naked.

She quickly tried to move her hands to cover herself, but they wouldn't move an inch. It was as if everything below her neck was made of skin-colored stone. She might as well have been an uncovered mannequin in a store window. Her eyes darted toward the front seats, but her friends were nowhere to be found. As the crowd was treated to her embarrassing display, Kairi could make out in the very back of the crowd the unwelcome form of Natalia, who had a barely conscious Sora draped over her shoulder. She gave the nude, frozen red-head a wicked grin.

"Ta-ta, Red! I'm gonna take my precious new boy-toy and get married! I'll send you a postcard from our honeymoon!" Kairi struggled with all her might to at least shift out of her pose, but her muscles wouldn't respond to her thoughts. She could only watch helplessly as Natalia strutted out the door, her cackling laughter chilling the air.

"Kairi..." Sora's voice called out weakly. "Good-bye..."

"NOOO!!" Kairi bolted upright in a cold sweat. She had her arms tightly wrapped around her chest. It took her a few seconds before she realized where she really was. "Oh. Right." She loosened her death grip across Sora's body. Rubbing her eyes, she glanced at Sora's bedroom clock. It was still too early for sunrise. Kairi's head dropped back onto the slightly damp pillowcase behind her. "Oh gawd, what a nightmare," she thought. "I haven't had a dream like that since the academy's talent show." She could feel her heart beating rapidly against her chest. "Stupid Talia. She's even haunting my most private sanctuary."

"Whoa..." The sudden voice startled Kairi causing her to jump. "Wow, I just...wow."

"Roxas?" she called.

"Yeah, Kairi?" Roxas' voice seemed a bit strained and high-pitched.

"What are you doing awake?"

"Um...your dream...kinda..." Roxas stammered, "...broke into mine."

"Oh." She rubbed her face vigorously. "Well, sorry for..." Kairi stopped. Roxas' voice was way too unsettled. "Wait. Exactly how much did you see?" she asked suspiciously.

Roxas was silent for a moment. Kairi's worst fears were confirmed when he said, "Everything."

"Everything?" Kairi whispered.

"Everything," he repeated. "That's the first time I've ever seen a naked girl before," Roxas replied in a dazed tone.

Kairi's face blushed a shade of crimson. "And that's the last time you'll ever see one, you perv!" she snarled.

"Hey, wait a minute! What are you mad at me for?" Roxas huffed defensively. "It's not like I WANTED to see!"

But she wouldn't hear any excuses. "I swear, the minute I get back in my own body, I'm making sure to have Namine remove that memory," Kairi muttered darkly.

"Sora?" Namine yawned as she stirred out of her hibernation. She realized that the Keyblade master was still up. "Why are you still awake?"

"Huh?" Sora had parked Kairi's body at the kitchen table, a glass of water loosely gripped in the right hand. "Oh, sorry Namine."

"If you don't get some sleep, you're going to cause Kairi to have bags under her eyes."

Sora took a sip of water. "My brain won't shut down," he explained, "and I can't sleep."

"Was your brain ever on?" Namine teased.

Sora rolled his eyes. "Funny."

"I try." Namine sighed. "Well, as this is your first (and hopefully only) experience of being inside a girl's body, it's kinda understandable. Want to talk about it?"

Sora leaned back in his chair, letting his left hand swing limply at his side. "Actually, what's bothering me is the whole pageant thing," he said. "I mean, I've heard of contests for showing off strength and speed, but this is the first time I've heard of a contest for looks." He took another gulp, draining the glass dry.

If Namine had a corporeal form, she'd have been rolling her eyes. "Sheltered. That's what you are. You think Kairi always spent her time at the island with you guys?" Sora shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I bet you didn't even know about all those extracurricular activities she's in."

Sora looked down solemnly at his empty glass of water. "I guess the longer I spend in Kairi's body, the more I realize that I don't know her at all."

Namine heard the sorrowful tone in his voice and felt a bit of pity toward him. "Well, you were stuck in a pod for about a year and your memories were tampered by yours truly. It's not your fault," Namine added gently.

Sora nodded thoughtfully, rubbing his eyes. "Maybe. But it doesn't change the fact that there's this whole other side to her that I'm completely in the dark about."

Namine chuckled slightly. "Look, don't worry about it. Every relationship has its secrets. There are things she doesn't want to tell you about. It's her life, not yours." Sensing that Sora was still worried, she said, "You don't have to feel guilty about what you don't know about her. If you knew everything, then there isn't really any point in becoming closer. Right?"

Sora sat in silence as he absorbed Namine's words. Instead of immediately answering, he picked up the empty cup, washed, dried and put it away. As he headed back to bed, he glanced at the open diary on the dresser. "All of her memories in one book," he murmured. "A dream of you in a world without you..." He snuggled under the covers and closed his eyes. "You're right, Namine. Taking away mystery removes the hope and interest in life." Sora let out a sigh of contentment, feeling all his fears melting away. "Good night, Kairi," he whispered with a smile on his face. "I'll see you in the morning."

12. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Hey, every guy has it in them, they just don't realise or suppress (99% suppress) it.

But I agree, Roxas will get it from Namine. But it won't be Namine who got rid of the memory, but Sora.

Can you imagine how Sora just O_O I'm not even thinking of the gruesome events... ****... But then, Kairi is priceless, so... actually, I've just watched 2 girls 1 finger REACTION video, so I'm feeling the chills even though I haven't watch the real video (1 of the nominated most gross videos last year, those who don't have guts don't even think about it, those who have watch with pals and video their reactions, damn hilarious)... Brr....

13. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Indeed.....poor Roxas......Namine better do a clean sweep.....

14. SimpleShadow Merlin's Housekeeper

Awesome!

Wow. I just started reading this story today. Awesome job! It flows perfectly, with the character's personalities and all. Very good, and please continue with it whenever you can. =D

15. Kingdom_7 Traverse Town Homebody

Who would control the Keyblade, Sora or Kairi?

Is the keyblade making an appearance?

16. key dragon One with the keyblade

The keyblade doesn't seem important in this fic.

17. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Don't give up hope yet, there are guys like him out there just waiting for a Kairi to pwn him! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

18. Sion Traverse Town Homebody

This was flat out funny to read, and it's by far the best alternate future of Kingdom Hearts I've read. You detailed everything perfectly and made me act with each specific chapter. I've remembered most of my favorite quotes, whether it be from stories or video games, but this one has taken the gold with no contest at all. XD

"What exactly is it with some people thinking that me and Riku are gay?"

I'll be looking forward to see what you can make up next for this one.

19. key dragon One with the keyblade

Which guy?

20. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Notes from another writer

Reading half way through this story has had me bursting out in laughter non-stop. Yes, even though I'm the guy writing the Fan-Fiction with a Dark and Forboding Main Character who could kill Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Kairi by betraying them, I still laugh! Astounindly amazing, and groundbreaking character intuition, you really get into the part of the Character. The best I do is make them sound like they do in the game, and plus, I could probably use a few lines from the game anyways, since I'm writing basically a re-run of the Original. If nobodys read my story yet, I personally suggest it. I don't want to banner my own on somebody else's Fan-fiction or anything, I'm just saying I've got a really good story going myself. As for the "Wedding ceremony" Fan-Fiction, does that take time before or after this episode of utter drama (And humor)?
    All In all, a great story, I can't wait until it finishes. It'll take me almost a year just with mine, since it's more like a novel, and written more like a novel, as opposed to your wonderful and Inthrilling short-stories. And Yes, to all who can't understand what I just meant, A storie can be a short storie, even if it's not all that short.
    Another thing, Do you mind if I use the "Blue Paopu fruit magical properties" in my own Fan-Fiction? Since it's a different version of the game, I thought it would be a good element and be a tie between Fan-fictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.