The KH-Vids.net MEP!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    Feel free to shoot either of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to turntechGodhead |Send a message to Stardust

Please Note: We have now moved on to the second phase of the MEP, located in the Recording & Video Production Studio. You can view the new thread here.

Information:
    Written by project coordinator turntechGodhead, aka Guardian_Soul

What is an MEP?
    MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13.

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.

- Rules -

- One of our lovely purple monsters, Stardust, will be the co-coordinator of this project. Her word shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer*shot*

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.

===

If you are interested in joining, please post below so we can gauge interest and determine the time limit for parts =].
    List of Participants:​

+kingdomhearts530
    +Gerdneek
    +Anzu_100
    +Noroz
    +jojoj13
    +ЅкyCɑт
    +Roxasvsriku
    +Love
    +Lulus_Moogle
    +Nate_River
    +Ienzo
    +Josephmahon1
    +Ace Phoenix
    +Fearless
    +gorillajoe2k
    +Aqua101
    +gabr
    +kingdomhearts530
    +flowergothic
    +roxas2142
    +P
    +Invader Jack
    +Fayt-Harkwind
    +Ventus108
    +HellKitten
    +MovingOnMjrn
    +Kalnet
    +Sacredlith​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Quick question. Do you think it would make it sound better if we had the music fade out at the end? I'm thinking of maybe doing that, but I don't need to, I just want to know if it's easier that way

Oh yeah, I'm also using Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine, just so no one else steals my song (I'm watching you)
    2. Love
      Love
      Okay I narrowed it down to a choice between Kremlin Dusk-Utada Hikaru and Away From Me- Evanescence. :]
    3. Stardust
      Stardust
      I've updated the participants list to include the names of everyone who has expressed interest so far =] (if you're not sure if you can, no worries, we can remove you from the list if need be). Thanks guys! Also let me know if I missed anyone or spelled your username wrong, lol.

I just want to let everyone know though that the current time limit is very tentative and the final time limit will be entirely dependent on how many participants we end up with, so don't get too attached to your cut of the song! Right now we're focusing on gathering participants, so no worries, there will be plenty of time to sort out the details and get your parts in.

@Aqua101 - I would actually prefer you did not fade it out; if needed fade-outs can be done when the project is compiled, but if you add it it in now it could jeopardize the consistency of all the parts once put together (if that makes sense).
    4. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      The song I am doing is called Rescue Me by Hawthorne Heights. I really like that band but nobody really knows about them. It's sad. :(
    5. jojoj13
      jojoj13
      Ah, so we're actually making a worm? That confused me there for a second. In that case, I'll probably use either Second Streets Have No Name - The Bloody Beetroots, or Epic Last Song (Lifelike remix) - Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Also, this is my recent video I've made, and it's not even finished. I may also be rusty since I haven't edited a very long time.
    6. Fearless
      Fearless
      Can't get on Youtube atm for some reason, so GO LOOK AT THE WINNER FOR BEST AMV from last year's KHV awards.
      I'm the winner, it's me.
      And I havn't made anything since then, bluh.
    7. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      My song is going to be either: Set Fire to the Third Bar or Going Down in Flames and it's going to star Axel of course. I would do the song Burn but I just used that in another AMV I made xD
    8. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      Since everyone else is telling, i'm using Misery Loves Its Company by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    9. Sir Charles of Monocles
      Sir Charles of Monocles
      My song is Fat lip by Sum 41.

Edit: Yeah... not using that song anymore. It just doesn't work with me
    10. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I was thinking of using Over My head or Open Your Eyes by them, but I just couldn't find it right
    11. flowergothic
      flowergothic
      ZI wanna join but wat do u mean by PG-13? Can u give me some examples?
      BTW: The only PC in my household that has WMM (Windows Movie Maker), Belongs to my dad, I could try my brother's though. I'm still deciding if i can do this or not.
    12. Lauriam
      Lauriam
      Okay, so I changed my mind. Instead of Fireflies by Owl City, I'm going to do a bit of the Hello Seattle Remix by Owl City. lol, The Fireflies wasn't working out, so I tried Hello Seattle, and my bit's already done, I just need to transfer the file to my dad's computer so I can upload it to youtube. I'll do that as soon as I can, but I'm waiting for a few other things to come together and then I'll move them all at once.
    13. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I'm hoping this is actually easier than an entire AMV with a song, because those usually take me forever.
    14. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      It is. A tiny project usually motivates me to get it done faster because there's less to do.
    15. Shinichi Izumi
      Shinichi Izumi
      firstly PG-13 means no bullshit,no cusing and no talking about sex ^,^

secondly download vido padthis link is virus free and its beter than windows movie maker

EDIT: my song is theory of a Deadman-Say Goodbye youtube it its awesome
      and ill start in a few minutes the vids from khv just gotta download should take like 5 minutes
    16. roxas2142
      roxas2142
      Count me in! :) im probly gonna use world so cold with roxas and axel :)
    17. Superior of the InBetween
      Superior of the InBetween
      Hmm...well, I've been on YouTube for awhile now, but I don't think any of my vids are good enough for an MEP...then again I DID just get more clips and a new editor...
    18. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      Is 30 secs long enough for the MEP?
    19. Shinichi Izumi
      Shinichi Izumi
      make it 45 just to be sure.
      and mine is done im uploading it to youtube right now.

EDIT:41 minutes left, damm this inferior laptop speed!!!!!!!
    20. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      Alright, here is my most recent vid:
      [video=dailymotion;xjl6g1]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjl6g1_kh-wedding-dress_videogames[/video]

I will also be putting it up on the Video Portal. I am rather pleased how well this one turned out.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.