The KH-Vids.net MEP!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    Feel free to shoot either of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to turntechGodhead |Send a message to Stardust

Please Note: We have now moved on to the second phase of the MEP, located in the Recording & Video Production Studio. You can view the new thread here.

Information:
    Written by project coordinator turntechGodhead, aka Guardian_Soul

What is an MEP?
    MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13.

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.

- Rules -

- One of our lovely purple monsters, Stardust, will be the co-coordinator of this project. Her word shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer*shot*

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.

===

If you are interested in joining, please post below so we can gauge interest and determine the time limit for parts =].
    List of Participants:​

+kingdomhearts530
    +Gerdneek
    +Anzu_100
    +Noroz
    +jojoj13
    +ЅкyCɑт
    +Roxasvsriku
    +Love
    +Lulus_Moogle
    +Nate_River
    +Ienzo
    +Josephmahon1
    +Ace Phoenix
    +Fearless
    +gorillajoe2k
    +Aqua101
    +gabr
    +kingdomhearts530
    +flowergothic
    +roxas2142
    +P
    +Invader Jack
    +Fayt-Harkwind
    +Ventus108
    +HellKitten
    +MovingOnMjrn
    +Kalnet
    +Sacredlith​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Shinichi Izumi
      Shinichi Izumi
      1:03 secs
      [video=youtube;XDdlMKjc2B8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdlMKjc2B8[/video]

if its too much tell me so i can trim it down
    2. P
      P
      I'd like to join in, if possible. Does anyone have suggestions for what to use on a Mac?
    3. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      Guys, remember what Stardust said here. Don't get too attached to your song choices because with the amount of people interested in entering the MEP, the time limit will most likely be lowered. I, for example, am trying to keep my part under 50 seconds instead of using the full minute at the moment. And after looking through most of the songs that you guys said that you'd be using, keeping things under a minute doesn't look too farfetched.

Yea it's a good enough length.

Song choice isn't too bad. I think the beginning of the song could've been trimmed and you could've just started the video when the lyrics started. Editing and scene choices could've better in my opinion too.

I hear iMovie is a decent enough video editor. The best option for Macs though would probably be Final Cut Pro.

And the song I'll be using for my part will be The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by Smashing Pumpkins
    4. Josephmahon1
    5. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I've been wondering about my song. If anyone listens to Bullet For my Valentine they might understand my question, but does it still count it the Lyrics say F***ing once? I mean, I know it doesn't matter, but it's blurred a bit, so you can hardly understand it, but if it's too bad for even one cuss word, should I just change my song?
    6. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      It's okay to use the song. Most people don't mind a few cuss words. I don't really mind just as long as it isn't excessive profanity.
    7. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      yeah, it's only once, so I figured it would be fine
    8. Shinichi Izumi
      Shinichi Izumi
      okay im re-uploading it foloing every one of your sugestions except the lyrics one =3

EDIT: here it is
      the ending is the same though

here it a is
      [video=youtube;odl7PAZpmeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odl7PAZpmeM[/video]
    9. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      Here's my part of the MEP!
      [video=youtube;UxB_FOCwdDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxB_FOCwdDU[/video]
      Sorry if it sucks. It's my first time making a MEP :)
    10. Iskandar
      Iskandar
    11. Fearless
      Fearless
      I decided I'm in. I'm doing... nothing, really, this summer, so it might be good for me to get back in the swing of things with Vegas.

Still deciding on a song, but I've got a few choices.
    12. Love
      Love
      *Working on video currently as we speak* ~ U~
    13. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I'm just starting mine.
    14. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      I'm just finishing up mine. It's so funny how some people can make a vid in an hour and for others it can take them up to 3 weeks (maybe even more) to finish the same size of a video. (Is it just me, or is my grammar really bad today...?)
    15. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      well, I don't take long at all. Usually, unless I really can't think, it takes me about 3-4 hours max to make an AMV. But that's up to almost 4 minutes or so. Unless I'm trying to be really fancy, it takes me about 40min-1hr to get through this much
    16. jojoj13
      jojoj13
      Great, I'm probably going to end be the last one to finish again.

._.

I'm probably going to end it in about 45 seconds or so. Sounds about right.
    17. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      Oh, okay then. :) Lately it's been taking me alot longer to make my videos. I guess I'm just putting alot more effort into them. It used to take me about 1 hour to make a 3 minute amv, and now it takes me more like 7 hours.
    18. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I basically make it up as I go along, but I usually like how it turns out.

And to keep this from getting off topic, do you think we should lower it under a minute now with how many people are signed up?
    19. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      Meh, who cares! The time limit for this seems pretty relaxed, so it shouldn't really matter how long you take, just make sure it turns out good in the end! ^.^

Hmmm...Well, I'm not so sure how long they're wanting this video to be.
    20. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      well, the minimum said was 40 seconds, but I just want to know if I need to cut it down more, because of how much more have joined. I might even need a different song to make it nice and smooth if we can't go around 1 minute
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.