◖ℂross Ťhe ℓine◗ ~The Family

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Maka Albarn, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

Welcome one and all~

Have some tea, cakes, make yourself at home

This thread is mostly for the people involved with THIS thread. (Click on THIS to see the magical surprise)

Visitors are welcomed, but please respect the family.

Our Family Thus Far~
    мσησ¢няσмє and Loxare the Dragons
    Garxena the Faerie
    נαуn the Mermaid
    Plums Vi Britannia the Witch
    Destiny's Hand the Avian
    Britishism the Demon
    Saxima the Werewolf
    kingdomhearts530 the Pixie
    Clawtooth the Banshee
    and
    Maka the Zombie

Total Members of this Family: 11

Laws and Rules to Abide To:
    *Follow the Family and Forum Clubs' Rules
    *Respect your Elders (That being the staff members and myself)
    *Keep your swearing down as much as possible ("Dirty mouth? Clean it with Orbit!")
    *No fighting (If you have a disagreement with someone, please don't hide it. Tell me about it)
    *Have Fun

The Idea of Having this Family: To get to know each other, to save Plumsy, Clawtooth, and Chev the trouble of cleaning up, and to help me write out our story. You can post your excitement for the next chapter on here, questions, comments, ideas, and have discussions about it too. Don't kill each other, and be happy!

2. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh, yay! Now I can post all my random spazzes and not fear the wrath of deletion!

Huzzah! Huzzah!
    Huzzah!

And I actually have a few ideas, but I am still working then out. I may post them here in a while.
    This is epicsauce.

Huzzah!

3. Jayn

*Spazzes, just for the sake of spazzing* :'D And yet, another awesome idea. You are on a roll.

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

I can't wait to see them! :3 I need a few ideas to nudge my poor combusted brain along.

D'aw, thanks. *Blush in embarrassment*

5. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh yay! I love, tea, cakes, and making myself at home! XD

I forgot to mention how much I spazzed with joy when you mentioned Kid Flash. I totally didn't even notice I did that, but Kyle really is like Wally! :3

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Btw ... it's my section too ...

This is a great place to chat though ^^.

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

HOLY CRAP DUDE IMMA SPAZZIN OUT!

Yeah, but anyway, this is a perfect place for us to do ^^^^. :Awesome:

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Wow this is really cool! I'm part of a family now!!!!! ;)
    Edit: I just read the First Chapter and I must say even though my character wasn't it in.... I LOVED IT! It was long and had so much details!I really like Zeni's character... well mostly because he has a tabby cat like me :) I love the fact that Layla's starting to sound like a Rebel! Can't wait for next week.
    Singers:
    Skillet
    Three Doors Down
    Three Days Grace
    Daughtry
    Linkin Park
    Nickelback
    Why- Ayaka(Jap)
    Utada Hikaru - Hikari (jap)
    Utada Hikaru- Passion (jap)
    Books:
    Bleach Manga
    Naruto Manga
    Septimus Heap Books (She's currenty reading the first)
    The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy
    Hunger Games Trilogy
    Harry Potter Series
    Charlie Bone Series

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

This! Without Claw, none of the magic can happen. D:

EDIT: Especially Chev too. He's been sustaining the CC by himself up to this point. xD

10. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

It's true, I am tthe resident spellcaster around here. XD.

In all seriousness though, I really like the diection you're taking this in. Also, I'm really interesten in the interaction a zombie and a banshee might have ... hmm ...

11. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Now that I'm done spazzing out for the moment, I took this time to read over the first chapter again, like I have done a million time already. :Awesome:

While reading Kyle and Nix's part, I found this segment that was almost a bit confusing to read...

Instead of using the "where" after "somewhere", leave "somewhere" by itself because adding the second one makes the reader stall for a moment to go back and read the sentence again because they might have gotten lost. This is what happened to me.

So...

And even then it's still a bit confusing because there are some words that could be left out or touched on just a little bit more...

I don't actually know the relationship between Nix and Kyle, so I assumed they were best friends, "one of his closest friends" could be put there as well, since those are the only kinds of friends Nix has.

One other thing I seemed to notice throughout the chapter is the repetition of nouns and pronouns. Sometimes, for me (I don't know about others), this can get a little tedious to read because it's a bit boring. Usually what I do is replace pronouns with "The boy", "the teenager", "the other", "the brunette", "the red-eyed teenager", "The girl", etc, that way it feels like there's a bit of diversity in how you're referring to someone.

Of course, if you do use these, I'd recommend using them sparingly because over use of them can get a bit annoying; so spread them out amongst the nouns and pronouns, let them mingle... :Awesome:

I hope I helped a bit. (:

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

Out of order of replies, BUT HEY!

Gave you credit too. ^^; Don't hurt meh. D8

Wooots! More stuff to work with! Thank you. ;D And yeah, I imagine Layla being a rebel type of character since the scientist never let her out it sounds like, and there has to be SOME reason for that, no?

Thou art one of the almighty... GODS around here. *Worshipworship*

And thank you. ^^ Hm... maybe- OH YEAH! I remember what I was going to do. :3 The banshee and the zombie will get a chance to interact I say around... chapter four-ish? Depends. I think this might turn out to be a 10-15 chapter book, maybe a bit more. Really depends though.

Yush, it did help a lot, thanks! :3 *Facedesks* Blah, I tend to put in way too many words in a sentence. Kind of how ADD works. Plus since no one really lets me talk irl, when given the chance to write I think "MUST STUFF EVERY WORD POSSIBLE IN HERE BECAUSE I CAN'T SAY THEM IRL!!!!" So yeah, trying to get out of the habit. ><;

I wanted this chapter done as fast as possible. But now that I have a deadline, I can work at a slower pace and try to not use repetitive words and such.

True, true! I edited the credits, look up. xD

Yeah for spasms! Just don't go to the hospital. D:

And that was one of the little easter eggs I put in there. :3

13. Destiny's hand Traverse Town Homebody

Kewl I'mma part of a Family! Plus I love Cakes, so :lolface:!

Anyway, Just read the first chapter and I thought it was AMAZING. Like holy crap, are you a genius in disguise?
    Great place to chat though.

Imma part of a Family.

EDIT: "Dirty mouth, Clean with it Orbit"? Wha-? Lawl

14. Doukuro Chaser

Sending you a message about fight clubs. o:

Also, good idea to make a family. ^^

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

Yush you are part of a family. Come here you! *Gives you friendly noogie* :3

As for the orbit commercial:

Thanks, and just read through it. :3

Btw, about to start working on the second chapter. Any ideas anyone wants to spurt out before I get to it? 8D

16. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

You and I think so much alike <3 I pictured her as a rebel too. Hehe. I think we might be long lost sisters -I mean we think alike and we both like Soul Eater xD

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

Heh, perhaps! You are part of a family now. 8D Soul Eater is a very good anime. Although, as stupid as this anime is, I'm getting addicted to Princess Tutu. >>

Okay guys, I'm going to start working on chapter 2. Do you guys have any ideas for me? Big or small?

18. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm. The ideas I have are really for later in the story, so I should let this play out first.

But, aside from that, HUZZAH CHAPTER 2!

19. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I think a cute way for a couple of the characters to get introduced to each other would be one inconspicuously using their ability[ies] to help the other in a small way. Don't know who or how, but I think it'd be cuuuuute!

20. Maka Albarn It's called love

Well... actually, I don't know who I'm pairing up with who yet. o.o I guess I'll have a voting thing to which pairs you like better when I get more into the book.

Now that I'm done procrastinating, I think I'll open microsoft word now. ^^; How is everyone today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.