♛ ▌1 0 0 D A Y S ❣ 【OOC】

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Movie Night ?

1. Sync.

42.9%
  2. Stream.

28.6%
  3. I don't care.

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Courtesy call post: If you do change your Tumblr URL, please post about it, that way we don't have people confused and singularly going through the trouble of asking who has changed their URLs.

2. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Prepare to have all your tumblr's followed. Except the ones who haven't finished them. Also, Jayn, I made a tumblr for Thomas, the new link is in his profile on the first page, peeps.

3. Jayn

Gracias. ~ I'll aim for starting the RP this weekend at the earliest, next week at the latest.

(also, how about we just don't change our urls tho)

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Can I just say I love the various conversations going on between everyone's character tumblrs currently, they are amazing. I hope to join in on the fun when Abby stops being so shy and talks to them.

Also for those who haven't seen it yet, the acquaintances page on Quintus's tumblr (Saxima's) is simply awesome.

5. Jayn

QUEUED/SCHEDULED POSTS!

For those of you new to Tumblr or those of you who have not ever played around with this before. A good way to keep your Tumblr looking nice and active (even if you're really busy) is to utilize the 'publish on...' feature. This is nice because you can reblog a bunch of stuff or make text posts about your life and have them all publish at different times. It makes it seem like you're active, even if you only have an hour or something of free time a day to Tumble. This will still work with reblogging--though maybe a bit less with text posts--once the RP officially starts and things start to happen.

HOW TO?
    [​IMG]
    Hello, M's dashboard. Alrighty. So the first thing I'm going to do is click text post because why not.

[​IMG]

Upon writing up my really nice post here (like, sorry for you pessimists I know a bright and cheery post like that is probably sickening), I can use the drop down menu on the right to choose the 'publish on...' feature.

[​IMG]

You just set it to whatever time you'd like Tumblr to post your post. Make sure that your timezone settings are accurate, if you want it to post at an exact time for you. And that's that! Click the 'schedule post' option at the bottom and there you go. It's really fun to write up a LOT of text posts and such like this and then not even have to worry about Tumblr if you get really busy.

Keep in mind that this is not a good method to replace actually using your Tumblr. Since we're likely to interact with each other in the future and such, it wouldn't make sense to make a random text post that's irrelevant to whatever is happening in the RP. (Which is why I usually schedule to posts to post on the same day, just at different times.) For now, though, since we've yet to start, you can play around with it.
    [​IMG]

^Works with reblogging stuff too.

6. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

Ah this is most helpful since I'm still experimenting around in order to figure out how to work with this tumblr page

7. Jayn

Okay, guys! If you're still working on your Tumblr's (or haven't put one up yet) then please try to get that done within 48 hours. RP will start soon. 8)

8. Jayn

Currently writing up the first post and the start to the roleplay! There's a post on Tumblr going around right now between our characters (I'm sure it'll cycle). Those of you who are online tonight, play along with it until you reply to the RP.

Edit: *DIES* I wrote my post and then lost ALL of it. I'm so demotivated now. ****ing ****.

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Saw this earlier between shifts. Definitely interested. Will try and get something up after work. Probably around 4ct. Have to go to bed now though. Have never used tumblr, so this will be interesting.

10. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Full Name: Danny K. Makara
    Appearance: Here (the boy playing the guitar)
    Likes: Music [Classical, Indie, House, Rock, Synthpop], Movies, Books, and world cultures in general.
    Dislikes: Stupid/ignorant people, mazes, pure darkness, and death.
    Weaknesses/Fears: Fears Spiders|Heights|(Pitch) Darkness. Weaknesses are Sensuality/Lust|Feeling superior to others|Being too optimistic.
    Strengths/Talents: Very good observational skills. Quick reflexes. Distance runner. Very persuasive (silver tongue).
    Personality: Extremely kind to others, and is used to being ridiculed by others. A strong believer in the saying "the one who laughs the hardest has gone through the most pain." Has a witty sense of humor, and is not afraid to use it, even if it is at the expense of others. Even though seeming childish most of the time, maturity is always present, especially in times when needed.
    Sexuality: Bisexual.
    Contact Information: Tumblr
    Favorite Color: Red.

crapcrapcrapcrapcrap i always join these really late GAAAHHH sorry

11. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Courtesy call post: DO NOT HOTLINK TO ZEROCHAN. EVER. IT'S A BAD IDEA.

Just don't do it.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Has the email been posted somewhere? Just looking at the tumblr posts and not sure if people have actually seen the email or are just playing along.

EDIT: Nevermind~

13. Jayn

Just playing along. 8) I just posted in the main thread, and it has a screenshot of the email, but it's nothing new. There's a text file attached with a list of everyone's name. (I didn't add that the email screenshot because depending on who joins, it'd just keep changing. xD)

Welcome, Tequila! (And hopefully Hyuge!)

Edit:

So basically, all you guys have to do is...Well, post for whatever you decide you want to do with lunch. Don't worry about getting everyone together in one place yet. Just react however you'd like. We'll come together shortly.

Also, with the opening, PLEASE WATCH IT IN HD. It makes a huge different with the colors and effects and stuff. I didn't spend 6 hours rendering it for everyone to watch it in 360P. >:L

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

i'm working on my CS right now, then i'll move to the whole tumblr situation...that'll be interesting. i made one once and got really confused and gave up on tumblr as a whole after about five minutes. sooo...yeah....but i'm excited. i've always wanted to join your rp's but the slots were always filled by the time i noticed them. so yay! time to work on this. ALSO, i really like that we don't have to do bios. i hate them so much. granted we still have to develop a background to the character, but i like that we can do it as we go, rather than having to figure it all out into a matter of paragraphs.

15. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Also restating what Jayn said; you MUST WATCH THE VIDEO IN HD. HD is like the video's true form.

16. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Awwwwwwwww crap. New link. it's the dude in the grey hoodie and red sneaks

THANK YEH SO MOOCH no really thank you

Is it too late to include the new photo?

17. Jayn

Yeah, I'm not changing it after already editing it... But if I make a video or something, I'll use this one (maybe if i remember). Hotlinking Zerochan is a no-no, but it's still possible to view the photo so I already got it. ~

18. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh! Okay. Sorry about the hotlinking. Didn't know. And you don't have to use the pic I just posted, that's fine.

Should I wait for Day 2 to post?

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Full Name: Temperance Renee Spike
    Appearance: here
    Likes: swing sets, parks, music, sports, cheer leading, boys, shopping, Greek mythology, social networking, texting, playing with her dog, curly hair, her name, romantic comedies, love stories
    Dislikes: the dentist, academia, fighting, guns, know-it-all's, dirt/looking grungy, negative people
    Weaknesses/Fears: spiders, needles, dying, going deafness, being dumped, failing school-she's horrible in class
    Strengths/Talents: flexibility-from cheer leading, history class, making people smile, being a leader, working together, standing up to people that talk about her
    Personality: Temperance is that popular girl everyone loves to hate, liked for all the wrong reasons. She hates school, but fears flunking; loves mythology, but despises the thought of being lumped in with all the "weird-o" kids in school. She loves being the happy-go-lucky popular junior, even if everyone talks behind her back. she's not afraid to confront them, to tell them all off. She can be indecisive, but so are most people. She doesn't feel as explicit as people say she is, but her actions do tend to be frowned upon.
    Sexuality: heterosexual
    Contact Information: Tumblr
    Favorite Color:green

So, as long as it's cool with you jayn, i'm going to give her a boyfriend, but he won't have a CS. I'll make him a tumblr so he can occasionally post on her page, but basically his whole purpose is to make her life harder since she'll have to break up with him because of the rules.
    p.s. working on tumblr for temperance now...

20. Jayn

Nope, you can post now. <:

Also, your Tumblr should be unrelated to your main one and specifically for your character. (Especially because there's NSFW on your main blog, haha)

Sounds good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.