30 Seconds to Mars

Discussion in 'Music' started by Daxa~, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Oh hey there's a thread for them. Neat.

Anyway, I got into the band a few years ago, but didn't get really interested until 2 years ago. I went to their Into the Wild concert, where they were intro'd by Neon Trees (who at the time were pretty much unknown). AMAZING concert that.

What I really like about the band is that they sound really different from a lot of popular rock bands these days. Their lyrics, though sometimes seemingly weird for the sake of sounding weird, can be truly deep and heart-felt ("The Kill", "R-Evolve", "Alibi", "Hurricane" to name a few), and their work instrumentally just sounds cool.

The best part that's different about them, though, is that Jared Leto directs most of their music videos, which, unlike other bands', actually are really well directed. They tell miniature stories, with some really epic shots, great cinematography ("A Beautiful Lie zomg") and good messages behind them ("Closer to the Edge" is just amazing).

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Just updating the thread, since I didn't want to bother making a new one...

Their new album, LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS, comes out May 21 this year

[​IMG]
    Here's the first single, Up in the Air

Go ahead and change the posts if you guys want.

3. 61 No. B

yes yes yes

I've never been a huge fan of them, but I've known about them since A Beautiful Lie (actually have the album) and From Yesterday and The Kill are two of my favorite songs. I still haven't heard anything off of the first album, and This is War didn't do much for me, except Closer to the Edge which is amazing.

So, would I call myself a fan? no
    Do I like some of their stuff? yeah

4. Xalxe Merlin's Housekeeper

there good but i prefer bands like Red or Veer Union ect.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Jeez this thread needs more activity.

THREE songs from the album have been released online so far. Album it self comes out in about 3 days.

Up in the Air (Official Music Video)

Conquistador

The Race

I'm loving the new album so far. Really look forward to the full release.

6. 61 No. B

So I'm listening to Love, Lust, Faith + Dreams for the first time now and absolutely love it. It's by far the best album imo.
    I've only ever liked a couple of songs on each of their previous albums (except the first which I haven't listened to yet) and as an album didn't care for them that much, but on this one every song is good in some way. Like on A Beautiful Lie, I only ever cared about From Yesterday and The Kill. I liked them so much that I went out and bought the album and was kinda disappointed with it. Was It a Dream was okay though. I kind of dislike This is War except for Closer to the Edge. Something about it puts me off and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.

But this. This. This is amazing.

Do or Die immediately won me over on it

edit: I played Do or Die for my friend and he responded by saying it is terrible radio pop music. I can't even put into words how wrong he is.