Dream Drop Distance 3D Bosses: Better or Worse?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Did you like the bosses in this game more than any other, or hate them with a passion? Do you like their designs but hate the way they behave, or vice-versa? How's the difficulty treating you: easier or harder? What's your favorite boss in the game, and are they now your all-time favorite or does an earlier game's boss still trump them?

As shall quickly become the standard, Novapinions under the spoiler. Not too many actual plot spoilers, but just in case somebody wants to go into these fights totally blind.

The game wasn't any harder for me, and I'm so-so on many of the boss designs. My reactions ranged from "Oh, that's kinda neat" to "What the what am I looking at." None of them offend the senses, but I don't think they'll stick with me.

...Oh, wait, I lied. I was deeply offended by the Spellican being named Spellican.

I think my favorite boss was the Anti Black Coat Nightmare. Because first off the boss music was bangin'. Seriously though, very clever boss, not only in its attacks but in its AI; it actively punishes you for rushing it down, unless of course you're such a high level you can just power through it, and it uses the large arena both to obscure its moves and keep you at a distance. Seeing an enemy use HP balls against the player was a treat for me. One step closer to my dream of a boss with an HP bar comparable to yours who spams Curaga when he gets low...

The Xemnas fight, although super-easy, gets an award for building in interesting ways on the way he fought in KHII. Seeing some of his latter-form attacks scaled down to reasonable sizes was interesting, e.g. those tumbling buildings are way scarier when there aren't miles and miles of empty space you can fly through to avoid them. And maybe it was just a cheap parlor trick, but I smiled when I saw his energy walls could be jumped using Flowmotion. Way to integrate, guys!

2. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I don't know if bosses got stronger, or my dream eaters are just stupid. Ether way I like heartless and nobodies better. To me it looks like they took the bad recolors from Final Mix and just made them the main enemies.

3. A Zebra Chaser

Worse. DDD has terrible balancing. they added new features like flowmotion, then built the enemies like any other game, with haphazard 'balancing' like making enemies ridiculously difficult to flinch to compensate.
    Fights were always either too difficult because of ridiculously fast actions, or because the camera was so low (the game is like KH1, yet the bosses attack like in KH2) or they were too easy because they were exactly like bosses from previous games, except now you're fighting with a Sora or Riku who can basically fly

4. 61 No. B

3D really lacks memorable boss fights.
    I was sitting here trying to think of them and none of them immediately came to mind except the bosses in TWTNW.
    I don't know if they're worse, but they certainly don't stand out as well as previous boss fights. Still, I wouldn't say they are the worst in the series.

5. A Zebra Chaser

You know... you're right. I can even remember generic stuff like Blizzard and Volcano Lord from KH2, but it took some time for me to recall stuff that should be important, like Rinzler or Spellican

6. 61 No. B

I can remember almost everything from KH2, but that's because I've played about 7 more times than I've played DDD.
    Still, that's not really any excuse considering it's only been about 3 months since I've played DDD.

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

For me, the only battles that really stood out to me were the Disney boss battles, especially Rinzler.
    In regard to the secret boss, I absolutely despised him, I mean, it didn't work nearly as well as Sephiroth or The Mysterious Figure from previous games, and to top it off, the secret bosses usually tease the next game, I don't really see how Julius teases the next game, unless he plays some big enormous role like Maleficent did.

8. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I can at least memorize some of those. Like the one that splits into three, and....were there even a lot of unversed bosses? I remember the music one but I don't think there were too many....[DOUBLEPOST=1366081349][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nah, they just needed someone who looked like Pete and was also giant. Lol

9. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

You mean the Trinity Armor and the Symphony Master? You're right about how they're memorable. Days and Coded then?

10. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

For Days and Coded, it was really just repeating the bosses from the original KH, except for a couple new ones here and there in Days

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

You're right, usually the members of Organization XIII. Demyx for example, His boss fight in Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion concludes the first half of the game in my opinion.

12. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I've always marked that as the halfway mark, instinct I guess? But is it even official? Lol

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Think about it, After visiting Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden a 2nd time, You have to visit the worlds that you visited already a 2nd time (not counting Atlantica), 3rd time for Radiant Garden and Twilight Town and then you go to The World That Never Was, which is the last world in the game.

14. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

It makes sense. It's just I felt that way even when I hadn't beat the game lol.

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I felt the same way the first time I played the game.

16. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

All of the bosses in kh3d werent particularly hard or even remotely difficult (Hardest boss for me was the tyranto rex on the caravan where u had to block all his attacks lol) until TWTNW then the bosses like jumped to a whole different level of epicness, its like you breeze through the first 7 worlds, then TWTNW is like, wtfomg this is what i wanted all game in bosses. dont get me wrong, i love KH3d, but it definitely lacks boss epicness.

17. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I didn't really care for the DDD bosses :U
    I think the only ones that I liked were the final bosses. The actual disney bosses weren't too great. So I think the bosses got worse in DDD compared to past games.
    I guess my favorite boss would be Xemnas. He was really the only one that stands out as fun to go up against to me.

18. Styx That's me inside your head.

I liked them a lot, but not as much as KHII's bosses. I still haven't forgiven the huge difficulty spike in the last world though (then again I am a horrible player according to FAQs because I never equip the commands that would apparently help me).

19. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Worse for one reason... THEY DO NOT STAGGER! Same in BBS. I don't know if it was because of the Osaka team taking over or what.

20. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah. The last time that I saw enemies stagger is Days (DDD if you count Julius at times.) Not sure about re:Coded though, but I think they stagger. I just wish KHIII will have enemies staggering again.