Dream Drop Distance 3D Bosses: Better or Worse?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I don't think it's so much that enemies don't stagger, it's that most types of enemies have incredible stun resistance or are only vulnerable during certain (short) periods of time. KH1 had a lot of enemies that didn't stagger at all, like Chernobog, Ursula, and the third and fourth Ansem fights; but that was offset in many by long or frequent vulnerable periods, or by autonomous attacks that would happen all around the boss. New bosses are more like the Opposite Armor, where only a few attacks trigger stun and you kinda just have to pick your moment when it's not attacking, or when you know the attack isn't gonna hit you.

2. 61 No. B

Is staggering that important to some people? I never cared.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

It's a sign that you're affecting the boss, and it's nice to see that enemies obey the same rules as your character. Obviously there's a difference in stamina between a small teenager and a massive fire demon, but nobody's endurance is infinite.

4. 61 No. B

No I understand, it's just never bothered me. I guess I can understand why it would bother some people who are more into video games than me, but it's something I never think about as I'm playing the game.

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

It could get you killed. Lets just say that. and they just keep on attacking or charging up while you are hitting them and it doesn't faze them.

6. 61 No. B

Well I've beaten each KH game a number of times and it's never been a big deal. I understand why it's an issue on principle, but it's never bothered me or been a problem is all I'm saying.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I know. I'm just saying why it bothers some people.

8. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

It's probably my experience with the game, but I felt the bosses were too heavily reliant on Flowmotion in order to defeat. I remember I would try to land that crit, but barely could. On top of that, the nightmares had incredible resistance to Knockback, and stagger. Made me feel frustrated at times when I had no choice but to use Flowmotion every time to stagger/knockback/deal damage, and even THEN the positive results from flowmotion were from time to time. Flowmotion didn't always work either... I do admit I was using the default keyblades throughout the playthrough, though...

9. Glen Returned from the dead

Better than the bosses in days, definitely, those were just plain annoying. Although sometimes the music isn't particularly suitable I like the mood that it sets you in (especially TWTNS). The combat itself against most of them is somewhat easier because of the flowmotion system, but I felt that i really enjoyed the fights a little more, I don't know they were more fun. Perhaps it was because I never really played birth by sleep and it was more or less my first introduction to the command system. Overall...i'm going to say they improved on the bosses for this game.