A bunch of "news" threads nobody cares about...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Styx, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Styx That's me inside your head.

...but nog a single mention of the recent WikiLeaks charade? You disappoint me, KHV.

I was told nothing new when the paper mentioned that American diplomats say A in your face and write B back to Headquarters. I'd be surprised if just about every diplomat from every country in the world didn't do the same. But seriously, America, espionage? Good luck talking yourselves out of that one. XD
    Anyway, I for one am incredibly interested in further top-secret information that has yet to be divulged.
    :)

I can't be arsed to post a link. I'll just assume that none of you live in another solar system and in fact already know about it.
    Thoughts and opinions?

2. Rosey Chaser

I. Love. Wikileaks.

Honestly, I think it is fascinating. I spending every Saturday giving speeches on the U.S. as well as other countries foreign policy, so I am having a field day with this.

My nerd friends and I have been arguing about this for the past few days.

3. P Banned

I was arguing about this with a friend a few hours ago. His argument went something along the lines of: "the leaked information put many informants and American troops in danger."

If he's right, then I think the entire thing could definitely have been handled with a bit more sensitivity. I've got nothing against leaking information, but if it starts to endanger people, it's better off hidden.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I just went there since I haven't yet, why do they call themselves a wiki when it isn't? You have to submit everything to them and they add it. Also, the site is surprisngly hard to navigate. If you want to see anything past thier headlines I can't see how. Or are they legitimately constraining themselves to only two topics. War in the Middle East (mostly Iraq) and the "Cable Gate"?

And a mostly irrelevant comment stapled to the end, was ripoff of Watergate really the best idea they had for coining that?

5. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Standard naming convention for a scandal like this one. The [InsertHere]gate pattern has been in use for years.