Re:Coded A game that's worth it

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Would you say that Re:Coded would be worth buying? I mean that would it be worth the cost of another game? Would it play like other KH games or something entirely different? Will this game be fun?

2. P Banned

As good as other KH games? Probably not. Better than most games on the DS? Definitely.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

This.

I think it's worth getting just to see for yourself, it's gonig to have an important part in the story and I can imagine it being a lot fo fun. There are some bits that are completely different that you can see in the trailer, it will be interesting to see hoe they turn out.

To be honest, it may seem quite expensive but if you already have a DS then it's deffinately worth it. Not like KH3D, don't ge tme wrong, it looks like a lot of fun but many KH fans will need to go out and spend a lot of money for this one game.

I think getting Re:Coded will be worth it, these KH games haven't been a let down so far (unless you didn't like Days) so it'll be interesting.

4. P Banned

As a note, the 3DS will probably be backwards compatible, so picking up RE:Coded then should be easy enough. It may not be worth the money for a DS and the game, but just as a game on its own, it should easily be worth it.

And looking at how good the 3DS's graphics are, KH3D should be easily worth it.

5. Shift Chaser

Re:coded plays like BBS, which is already pretty awesome.
    It has a whole lot of gimmicks of it's own, like Turn-based battles, Sidescrolling stages, System Areas and etc. Which are also rather unique for a KH game.

The story was around 15 hours long for me, but it still was worth it in the end due to all the extras.
    I got around 35-ish hours (Sure, at least 10 were grinding and getting the best commands, but that's a part of the game too) and that's because i didn't even try to do a 1 HP run yet, quit after Traverse Town and still couldn't get back to it >_<

Sides all that i said, it's also the only game until now where you can fight a certain someone which, at least back when BBS was releasing in JP, everyone "aways" wanted to fight.

6. kairiheartprincess Traverse Town Homebody

I would say it's worth it. It seems to play well, and I've enjoyed playing it.

7. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Its DEFINITELY worth it...between the story, sidequests and avatar mode...its more than worth what you pay for it.

8. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Story wise, honestly I wouldn't recommend it simply because there is no "big" sudden change to the story, the gameplay can be fun, but the constant change between the worlds just get annoying to get used . But then again...most of the recent games like BBS are just only slightly better. At best, wait a few months for a price drop.

9. Daxa~ #stalker

It is worth it,but yeah you might want to wait for the 3ds to come out,as then you can play kh3d and re-coded :D

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Alright I guess this thread is pointless now since my friend lent me the game and I beat (Was very much worth my time and makes me excited for KH3D). So ummm... close this thread please?

11. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I don't think you should close this thread. It seems more like a "What's your opinion" thread right now.

Opinion: I thought this was a great game and was worth the money and time. Sure, it didn't impact the story very much, but it sure sent out a spark of excitement. The game play was similar to BBS and I am so happy about that, cause I really hated how magic worked in 358/2 days. Then there were the little gimmicks like 2d gameplay...sure was interesting, just to say the least.

I kinda regret not actually buying the game.

12. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Totally have to agree with this.
    If you have a DS go for it, but if you don't it's not worth for both. If you don't have a DS you might as well just look at vids of the ending/main parts online. Everybody has their own opininon, like I may like it but someone else may not.

13. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I say it was worth it to get the game and maybe a DS if you don't already have one though I do think people may of wanted to see a few more worlds on it....

14. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Also, question to anybody who's played it.

How do you travel from world to world, in this game?

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

After a certain point in the game (I think it's end game, unfortunately), you get the ability to go to other worlds when you go to the selection screen of the save point.
    It should say something like

"Save Game
    Go to Other World (being blunt here)
    Return to Main Menu"

When you hit the option that mentions the worlds, they'll pop up and you'll be able to choose where you want to play.

On topic, I definitely say Re:coded is worth it. Despite having a little bit of new content, it makes up for it with all the gameplay features (Third Person Shooter, Mario Bros. type worlds, FF style combat, etc) as well as the BBS Commands, it's worth it to get. o;

16. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Cool, thanks. How about story-wise? Does it answer any questions left unanswered from the series?

17. Plums Wakanda Forever

Not entirely. It gives us a better explanation of why the KH1 journal was wiped, and
    we get to know what the letter at the end of KH2 says.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't have it myself, but I've seen gameplay videos of it, and I would say that it's definitely worth it.

It seems like it's more of a mini-game-type game, which is an interesting change from the other games.

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, there are mini-games, but it's more of an entire gameplay shift into other types of gameplay (shooter, 2D brawl, etc.)
    I mean, all of the games had mini-games, but this one sort of makes the boss battles in themselves mini-games, which is actually pretty challenging on the first run through.

20. Shift Chaser

It's actually once you clear the second world.

And one more thing good to note is that you can also replay the chapters whenver you want, say for example the first boss was really cool, you can either go to the first world and choose to Replay Chapter, or replay Score Attack, which is only the boss battle.

And then there's the Trophies, which are all-in-all fun to get, even the absurd ones like clearing every world with only 1 HP.