Video A Kingdom Hearts Flash Game Idea I Have

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Ø Riku, Oct 3, 2009.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2009.
  1. Yes.

65.4%
  2. No.

3.8%
  3. Meh. Kinda. I can't say for sure.

30.8%
  1. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

You can count on it! :D

What are you saying? Kingdom Hearts vs. Final Fantasy?

2. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Sonic Vs. Mario Olympic games. Immdiately what I thought when I saw that. Never played it cause I don't have a wii. (Pretty sure its on the wii...and if its on the ds, I'll probably won't play it.)

FF Vs. KH sounds like a pretty cool game..Though the game this topic is about is pretty much diffrent.
    In this topic game idea, Final fantasy characters can be playable for a lil awhile or they make apperances. (Hopefully I'm getting that right.)

FF Vs. KH could be like a bonus thing, like in Summoner Saga (on deviantart) Theres this extra level you can unlock if you finish the game. ^-^Or it could be a mini game.

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

You could use FF characters as secret characeters and have Disney/KH characters as the main 10 with like 2-4 secret FF characters per side. Although, you'd end up with a lot more characters than Dissidia.

Love that game series.

4. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah. What he said.

Example:
    Secret characters (Heroes):
    Cloud
    Squall
    Vincent
    Tidus

Secret characters (Villains):
    Sephiroth
    Seymour
    Vayne
    Ultimecia

This is not the actual secret characters planned. I'm just making a point.

5. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Secret Characters, are those characters that you can unlock?

6. krayzie Lionhart

no like playble kh and final fantasy vs other kh members and final fantasy
    will it be a sprite game or a 3d sprite game?

7. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm planning on it being a 3D game. That's why I need to wait for BBS before I could probably get this started.

And about that KH/FF vs. KH/FF, that idea might not work. Sora & company usually affiliate themselves with the Disney characters. I want this series to expand their sights and include a few Final Fantasy worlds. FF characters will appear playable, but I'm thinking they'll be more like aids instead of central characters. Some may be upgraded to regulars, but it depends on the reception.

8. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Hold the phone. Are there any other programs available besides Flash Player that produces games?

Just a precaution in case Flash doesn't work.

9. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Yes there are more and better programs since flash isn't something i'd use for 3D games. I'd recommend one but i've only just started learning 3D game creation.

EDIT: If you can get your hands on Unreal 3 (might need hacking to get free) then you might be able to do that if you can script or can find the scripts you need.

10. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Ummm..... that sounds hard. But I think I follow.

What is scripting? And how do I hack that?

Edit: Also, I'm in need of a logo for the first game (you can do all the game logos if you want, but the first game's all I need). I'm terrible at putting those together. Can someone vm or pm me if they're interested?

11. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Yeah, it's kinda hard, you'd probably be better off making a 2D game with a false 3D impression which can be done in flash with enough drawing skill (can't help you there XD).

I can't remember how to explain it but it's similar to computer language I think.

12. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmmm.... I'll think it over.

Computer language xD.

13. krayzie Lionhart

yeah but characters like goofy and donald suck
    people are tired of them

14. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Meaning that a graphic designer is needed. Something I can't do, I'm still in art studio, Graphic designing is either next year or junior or senior year.
    I'm in the art program at school...

I think a game like this would need sprites..not like the short short sprites but the other sprites...

like this one: (hopefully a link code from other forums works here...)
    http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Media/Other/Other/Orohime.png
    Is that even a spirte? Oh well..
    Orihime from Bleach

or maybe even this one
    http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Media/Other/Other/JGirls-LenaLee.png
    Lena lee from D gray man

Though the more complicated a sprite is the more harder it is to make it. I've never made a spirte but I do know that if a drawing is really complicated it takes longer to make, but it is easier to make it if you draw the certain drawing a lot. Like in manga, as the story progresses it gets easier and easier for the manga-ka to draw their characters, items and places.

15. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I don't think you really want to make it what the fans want otherwise it'll end up as 12 Clouds, a "Leon" and 2512956129 Sephiroth's.

I actually am a graphic designer technically, also a musician and photographer in the same branch below games designer XD. So I could do some work on it but it's really the time I have to do it.

Also, Riku's Afterlife, VM me the stuff about the game poster thingy and i'll have a crack at it. I'm kinda excited about this game now XD

Also, I agree that they need sprites which I think you might be able to find some in the coding section since I remember people going on about sprite collection for KH characters a while back.

16. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Sprites like this:
    http://www.kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=com/sprites/003.png

Here's the collection where its from:
    http://www.kh2.co.uk/?com=Sprites

*EDITED*

Here's another...I didn't really look at anything yet but it looks pretty cool!
    http://www.freewebs.com/scathlete91/

17. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I'm sure there's full size KH2 sprites that can be used as well. Like I remember one of the Terra secret boss from KH2FM+. If not the best bet we have is the COM ones like those ones you found. And I can probably make some sprites for characters that aren't in COM if needed.

18. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I could do a couple voices if it's just the sounds like in CoM for Gameboy, with Sora just shouting "HUH!" and stuff xD

19. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Well I don't know if this would help..sprites sort of remind me of a Bleach DS game and pirates of the carribean: Dead man's chest on game boy.

From 358/2 days.

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days_Sprites

Only the heads though...
    Sprites in this game look less....pixalated

Theres a link of talking sprites above the sprites. Can't post link cause that internet window is not respoding and my dial-up internet will probably disconnect soon.

20. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

This is the sort of sprite I was thinking of (actually found the thread it was from via google)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x74/beefpwnage/TERRASPRITES-1.png

It's ripped from KH2FM+ I think, but you get the idea of what I mean for the sprites if they can all be found.

EDIT: FFFFF- massive idea. NeoCloudStrife can position character 3D rendered figures he has in anyway needed so he could actually make the sprite sheets if he has the right characters and if he's interested and what not.