A Kingdom Hearts Story --- After KH2!! "THE ADDICTION"

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Juicy, May 31, 2008.

1. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah i know that.
    preggars.
    *lolz*
    lolz.
    <(^.^)>
    kirby.

Yes.
    lolz.

2. Never Forever Moogle Assistant

Wow, this story is coming along nicely.
    Keep up the good work, ObsessedWithSora.
    Since I don't get on much, you won't hear a lot out of me, but I do read this story every chance I get.

3. DarkHeartsZero Moogle Assistant

omfg... I read this story in the last few days. i like it alot,even though riku died. he's my all-time fave charatcer from the kingdom hearts series. oh well. post more please!!! i'm dying to see how it ends!!!

4. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Oh i feel lame not posting here for a while...

What's up everyone!

I hate school btw can't wait for 10th grade to be over!

This is my only sanctuary... *starts singing "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru*

5. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

O..........M..............G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE!!! This chapter is the best!

You should do a sequel story!

6. Juicy Chaser

Just a little note...

yeah erm yeah this ain't the eagerly awaited (?) epilogue dudes.

Its just a note to say Im going to Portugal for a week.. then when I get back its straight to school O.O

There might be internet access on holiday but I kinda want a break, ya know?

Well.. see ya guys.. Hope you eagerly await my return (lol)

xxx

:action-smiley-030:

7. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

have a nice time and that's a late vacation.

8. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

hope you have fun Obsessed!

:D

9. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Hey guys whts up? Long time no see! Is this considered spamming? Whatever. Hey OWS how was Portugal?

10. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

im not doing anything!
    WHOO!
    I guess it would....
    Okay this is bigger spam.
    i probably shouldt post this....
    ps luv the new avatars, OWS and daisy!

11. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    *idea sparks* >.>........I'll messagen you about it.....yeah
    Hope have fun, OWS!!! Or I hope you had fun?? *brain hurts*

12. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

13. Juicy Chaser

*Blows dust from thread*

It's been forever, guys.

Im so, so very sorry this epilogue took forever to be posted <3
    I got caught up with so many things, and then writer's black haunted me for a while. When I got round to writing this, it seemed all my creative thought had stopped. But it's done, and I'm quite happy with the ending, if it's a little corny at times. Man, it's been so long, I'd be suprised if you even remember what happened in this story. Oh, and I couldn't resist my little "thing" at the end xD

You'll get what I mean <3

I hope this doesn't disappoint...

Tell me what you think, as always. I'd like to think I've come along way with my writing, looking back at my first few chapters.

Ramble over. GO!

Epilogue

“Riku! Riku!â€

There was no reply from the top of the house. Kairi sighed and ran her hand through her silky hair. It had been a stressful day, what with all the organising she had done for Riku’s birthday. Dozens of guests were due to be arriving anytime soon for the barbecue. Sora was outside, setting up; and now she was trying to encourage the birthday boy to come downstairs.

“Riku! C’mon!†Her voice rang out into the silence.

There was still no reply. Kairi sighed once more - looks like she’d have to go up and get him herself.

Trudging up the stairs, she did a checklist of all the people who were meant to be coming today. Selphie. Wakka. Tidus. Shell. Clara, hopefully. Alex too. A bunch of others. It was going to be a reunion, of sorts.

Stopping at Riku’s door, she knocked politely. “Riku?â€

“Go away.†The voice inside sounded muffled, like the user was trying to hide tears.

Kairi ignored the request and opened the door. Walking in, she took in the scene beyond. A snazzy room, filled with posters. A giant blue rug covering most of the wooden floor. A white bed. A young boy lay face down on it; his spiky hair sticking out at awkward angles. Just like his father’s.

“What’s the matter?†Kairi said uncertainly, catching her reflection in the mirror as she passed. The years had changed her. Her hair was cropped; short like it had been a long time ago. Since she had given birth to her son ten years ago her figure had filled out; and gone were the slightly chubby cheeks and youthful gaze. The woman glancing back at her in the mirror was still the same Kairi from ten years ago - but she had changed in so many ways.

Reaching the bed she sat gently by her son, and carefully started to rub his back.

“Riku?†She said, and the boy looked up.

He was delightfully cute even when crying. He had a round, thoughtful face, and huge strikingly bright blue eyes - uncommonly like his namesake. His full lips were pushed out in a pout and the trails of tears running over his red cheeks glistened in the light. Kairi hugged him, feeling his small form cling to her tightly.

“Mum, I don’t want to go to this barbecue, I don’t want to.â€

“Why’s that?†She said soothingly, kissing his forehead. Looking into his eyes she felt the familiar pang of loss - they looked like the long lost Riku’s so much. Yet apart from them he was the exact image of Sora; except he had Kairi’s shyness and uncertainty.

“I.. don’t want to.. I don’t like it when everyone looks at me.. I don’t wanna go!â€

He sniffed. Kairi tucked her hair behind her ear, thoughtful. Luckily for her she was a natural with children.

“But then nobody will be able to see the birthday boy! They’ll all wonder where the new brave ten year old is..â€

Riku frowned. “I don’t wanna be brave. I’d rather stay here… I don’t care what day it is…â€

Kairi searched her mind for a plan. “Do you know why we called you Riku?â€

Riku shook his head, confused by the sudden change of direction in the conversation. “No.â€

“Well…†She pondered, wondering how to explain this to the young boy. “… We named you after someone else, somebody very special to your dad and I. Someone who was brave. Someone who was always selfless. Caring. A wonderful person. We named you after him because we wanted you to turn out like him. We want you to be brave, to live up to your namesake. Please come down with me, honey?â€

Riku wavered then snapped, not wanting to let his mum down. He was such a good kid.

“Okay. I guess if there’s gonna be cake, I’m in.â€

“Hey! Who said there was gonna be cake, eh?†Kairi laughed as Riku stood up, brushing the tears from his eyes.

Riku giggled and helped Kairi off the bed - he was remarkably strong for his age. “I’m gonna be brave from now on, mummy.â€

Kairi’s heart warmed as she lead him down the stairs, watching his head of brown spikes sway from side to side.

The other Riku would’ve been proud.

Sora looked up sharply when he heard voices coming round the corner and drifting into the garden. He was surprised to see a complete stranger walking round the side of the wall, a familiar girl on his arm. Sora recognised Shell, but not the guy holding her hand.

He and Kairi went over to greet the first guests. Sora let Kairi walked ahead, admiring the way her behind curved with the white fabric of the dress she was wearing. Finally they reached the couple, and Sora marvelled at the stranger with bright red shoulder length hair and a nose piercing.

Wait.. He thought. I’d know that face anywhere…

TIDUS?†Sora said incredulously, his eyes popping. But it was definitely his old friend. Just with a stranger hairstyle and a stud in his nose. The face was unmistakable.

“Nice to see you too!†Tidus laughed. Shell burst into a massive grin and practically glomped Kairi, small tears forming in her eyes.

“Aw, I’ve missed you so much, honey!†Shell gasped, her arms tight around her friend. Sora and Tidus merely exchanged handshakes. No soppy stuff for them. Tidus ruffled his hair, and was about to say something when a bundle of spikes jumped on him.

“Uncle Tidus!†Riku yelled, almost knocking Tidus over. Sora was surprised that Riku remembered Tidus. He hadn’t seen him since he was five. Yeah. Five total years since the friends had met up. Five freakin’ years. Life had swept them all up.

Suddenly Clara and Alex rounded the corner, and a lone Selphie. Sora felt a pang of sympathy for Selphie. All these years, and she was still alone. She spoke to Kairi all the time over the phone; and she was never particularly happy.

“Hey, Riku.. You’ll never guess what I’ve got for you!†Tidus’ voice trailed off as Sora went to greet more guests. A few of Riku’s little friends had arrived, and Clara and Alex were talking to Kairi, Tidus and Shell. Selphie approached Sora.

He surprised her with a hug.

“It’s been too long, Sora.†Selphie said, holding on tightly. She broke off, brushing down her aquamarine mini-dress. She could still carry off an extra short dress even though the big three-oh was drawing close, with those thin tanned legs. Sora laughed as Selphie tried and failed to get rid of a crease in her clothes.

There was a commotion as two men entered the garden, fighting each other. Sora gasped and hurried over to them. The biggest man was hitting the other man repeatedly, mercilessly. He recognised Wakka with a start.

“Wakka! Stop!â€

The two men carried on fighting, the other man making a comeback. Wakka’s companion was ridiculously handsome; a shock of brilliant blonde hair caressed his sharp face, and bright green eyes peeked out from behind bangs. He was well built - and just a little shorter than Wakka himself.

Sora was about to step in and stop the fight when the two men burst into laughter and high fived each other. Sora stood, bewildered.

“Long time, no see, eh Sora?†Wakka said, then shook Sora’s hand. The latter was still a bit shocked after what he had just seen. Then Kairi was by his side, her cool hand in his, and he got back some of his sense.

“So who’s this?†Sora asked politely, nodding to Wakka’s friend. Wakka straightened up proudly, his chest puffed out.

“Shuy. Guys.. Shuy is my boyfriend.â€

Sora gasped and almost dropped the glass of water he was now holding.

Wakka.. Was… GAY?

Sora’s eyes almost popped out of his sockets in surprise.

This felt weird to him.

Kairi seemed to collect her composure pretty quickly. “Oh. It’s nice to meet you, Shuy.†At this words Wakka clasped hands with his boyfriend. This action snapped Sora out of his trance.

“Yeah.. Nice to meet you Shuy.â€

The reunited friends smiled at each other from around the circle, drinks in hand. Riku and his friends were chatting on the lawn, playing a party game. Sora felt for Kairi’s hand and met her soft fingers, interlocking them. It was nice to be among friends again.

“Hey, Kairi?†Selphie said, sipping her share of lemonade. The two girls were sitting side by side on sun loungers, Kairi in white and Selphie in blue. The ice cold lemonade slid easily enough down her throat - luckily. For years Selphie had battled anorexia to the point where she hadn’t even drunk anything. And she had hidden it from her friends. A loose top here. A refusal to go swimming every now and then. It had been too easy.

Thank god she had won the fight.

“What is it?†Kairi answered after a few seconds. She was sunbathing, glasses over eyes. The rest of the gang were off around the barbecue, chatting and eating. The two girls had found themselves sitting next to each other, just like old times.

“Could you pass me that burger?†Selphie said, a little pang of pride bursting into life inside. Kairi smiled and handed it over. The two friends sat in silence for a while as Selphie munched her way through her quarter pounder.

“How do you do it?â€

“Huh?†Kairi replied, confused.

“How do you manage all this.. Kairi you’re so damn lucky. How did you find the one?â€

Kairi quickly realised she was talking about men.

Selphie was gazing at her expectantly, her eyes sharp.

“Well.. I guess.. Me and Sora just kind of.. Ended up together. We did grow up with each other, so…â€

“Hmm.â€

“Don’t worry, Selph, the right guy is sure to come along some day, you know?â€

“Maybe.†Selphie had resorted to answering in single words; suddenly it seemed like she would never truly be happy.

“Aww hun…†Kairi whispered, and leapt up from her chair to embrace her friend. Selphie hugged her tightly, so tightly that there was a sudden ripping sound.

“Shi-!â€

“What happened?†Kairi jumped backwards.

“My dress!â€

Selphie’s dress was indeed ruined. The aquamarine straps had snapped- and now a large, revealing gash had appeared down the front. Selphie stood, horrified, her mouth agape; the dress had been expensive.

Usually in this case she would have began to cry.. But instead, Kairi and Selphie burst into hysterical laughter.

“Selphie..Oh my god! That was GREAT! Your face was like.. HA!!â€

“Jeez what am I meant to do now!?†Selphie giggled, her face red. Her pale blue underwear was on clear show. Luckily none of the other guests had noticed the awkward scene yet.

“Quick! Up to my room! I’ll get you something to wear!â€

The girls dashed past the others, but not before everybody had seen Selphie. Riku’s friends decidedly found this hilarious and burst into giggles- while the adult men suddenly found themselves with red faces. Sora was in shock, his hair sticking out in all direction alarmingly.

Selphie and Kairi reached the house, the former ripping open the front door and charging up the stairs. Once in the master bedroom they collapsed on the bed in fits of laughter.

“Erm.. Selphie?†Kairi said suddenly, sitting up. Selphie was still laughing, but stopped at the look on Kairi’s face.

“What?â€

“You’re lying on Sora’s boxers.â€

The house was suddenly filled with ‘ewws’ as Selphie leapt up, shrieking. Kairi could only laugh at her friend’s horror filled face, all angst from earlier forgotten.

The barbecue had just passed for a success.

Nine months later, Sora and Kairi made their way up Noonlight hill, in the North of the Destiny Islands. Of course, this was the way to the only graveyard on the Islands. They’d left little Riku at home today; with Shell. She had offered to babysit in return for food. Apparently she and Tidus weren’t very good cooks and she wanted to take some of Kairi’s cooking back to the apartment she and Tidus shared.

They were going to visit Riku’s grave, naturally. Well, his gravestone, since he had been cremated. It was sort of a monument really; somewhere to go to pay respects. Not that many visited the site anymore. Mainly just Sora, Kairi, and some of their friends.

Sora held onto Kairi’s hand as they ascended the hill; they were almost near the top now. He could feel her cool palm against his, and the faint pattering of her heart through the skin. It always comforted him. Even when he was burning with rage her touch calmed him right down. It always had.

He watched as a lone butterfly circled Kairi’s head, it’s pale pink wings fluttering weakly. It was beautiful; and matched her regular pink outfit exactly. Sora smiled and squeezed her hand. Kairi squeezed it back reassuringly, and turned to him. She had a single white flower tucked into her hair.

“You look beautiful.†He murmured. She beamed, her teeth glistening. Sora’s heart leapt into his throat. Even after all these years her beauty astounded him, and that smile kept his heart fluttering just like the wings of the butterfly. He was very much still crazily in love. She smiled even more at his reaction and his pulse pounded erratically.

“Thanks,†she said, flicking a lock of red over her shoulder, “and you look dashing.â€

“Yeah right.†Sora replied, snorting down at his jeans and t-shirt. What he didn’t know was that Kairi was admiring his muscles in his arms. Self-consciously, he ruffled his hair a little.

They entered the gates of the cemetery, still hand in hand. Leaning down, Sora kissed her cheek softly, admiring the blush that appeared on her cheeks. He stroked her face, then kissed her lips quickly. He knew she always got upset when they came to see Riku.

All too soon they arrived in front of the gravestone.

Kairi pulled away from him a little, her expression pained as she read the message written in the stone. The look in her eyes told Sora all- she was suffocating under her own sorrow.

How long will this last? Sora asked himself. How long ‘till we move on?

It had been years. Stuff that. A whole decade. It was a happy time- but tainted with grief. There was always “moving onâ€. Sure, you can tell everyone you know that you’re happy, it’s all in the past; but the deep pain is rooted inside, sucking at your hope. The hope that seems so far away…

She broke the silence. “Ten years sounds like forever, huh Riku?â€

Sora watched but stepped back, giving his wife some space. He watched, broken, as a single tear fell from her cheek to the grass below. It landed on a leaf, glistened, and was gone.

“But it hasn’t been forever.†Kairi continued, reaching down slowly and laying a single flower on the grave. “For a while I thought time would never pass. Days and weeks seemed meaningless without you here to guide me, without your hand to hold.†Her voice was soft, gentle- but the sadness unwavering.

“‘Time heals all’, they told me. They’re all wrong. I had nothing to cling onto for a while… nothing making me who I am. No identity. I was.. I was .. Torn.â€

She bowed her head. Sora stayed back, knowing she needed to say this. Suddenly she stood up straight, her back proud.

“Then it finally hit me. The people I needed- the people I needed to stay strong.. They had been there all along. Sora. Selphie. Tidus. Shell. Clara. Wakka. And now.. Riku. Yeah, we named him after you. Funny, isn’t it? You’re too alike in a way. I did it in the hope that you will truly live on through him.â€

“You were the light in my dark, Riku. A part of me will always be broken without you here. But for now- I know I can live on, live for my friends, live for those left behind. Live for you.â€

She turned her back on the grave, a small sideways smile playing on her lips.

“Sleep tight, Riku,†she said, eyes glazing over, “hell, the mango up there better be good.â€

She disappeared then, leaving a rather morose Sora standing alone. Noonlight Hill was silent- not even a bird sang. Sora sighed and stepped forward, patted the headstone once, and turned away.

He had nothing left to say.

For he could feel it in the depths of his heart- a new ray of hope was being born. Sora smiled and walked down the hill, meeting his wife, and all the way home memories of his childod with Riku invaded his mind; games, fighting, laughing, and happiness. Best friends for all eternity, they has promised each other. Hell, Sora was going to keep that oath until the end.

“Oh.â€

He muttered to himself, confused about his emotions. Then he realised what was different.

“Oh.â€

He felt odd, light, carefree.

Maybe that burden in his chest had finally lifted after all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An addiction is what you can’t beat.

It’s always there, never fading,
    You’re trapped.
    There’s no escape
    No relief,
    Your world is torn..
    And in the end

The craving will kill you. <3

The End.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love you all, guys. <3

14. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

Awwww, Obsessed......we love you too.
    *huggles*
    This was awesome! Nice way to end it all..........................................
    Oh gawd I'm gonna miss this story!!!!
    *cries*
    It can't end!
    Good job, Obsessed
    :D

15. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

&lt;&lt;insert witty comment here&gt;&gt;
    That thing *points to the whole hand-holding* Thst reminds me of Jacob and Bella. Jacob's hot skin, and Bella's col skin.

That was soooo beautiful, OWS!!!! I hope you write more!!!

16. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Awwwwww. So cute. <3

Love it. Good job, girl.

Hope to see more from you!

17. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Whoa, that last part was really serious. It really made me feel the emotions of the characters.

So no, of course it didn't disapoint! I knew it wouldn't =).

18. lolermee Traverse Town Homebody

great as all ways ows.
    this was worth waiting for.
    i like the little poem at the end.
    i really hope you do a second story, you're to good to stop.
    end score for this story 6/5.

19. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

This will always remain my favorite fanfic. :D

20. Juicy Chaser

*is huggled*
    Thanks. I know. I didn't want it to end either D=
    don't cry!
    Maybe one day the creativity corner will see me again...

Aww thanks =D
    *shifty eyes*
    erm.. yeah.. I'm not a fan of JacobXBella *breaks out into coughing*
    xD

:3
    Just remember you were the inspiration for all of this.

Me serious? Lol. Different from real life xD
    Thanks for always replying (: *hugs*

Another story, eh? We'll see.. *ponders*
    Thanks =D
    lol, 6/5, awesome (:

~ OWS <3