A long overdue retirement

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Sanya, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I guess it's only appropriate that my first post in a long time is this one.

Well where to begin. I joined KHV back in 2006 and became staff about a year later, becoming an admin not too long after that. Throughout my high school years I spent a lot of time devoted to Kh-vids, anyone who's an old member here knows I put my heart and soul into this place for a very long time. It was a long road with a lot of frustrating stops along the way, from dealing with people who exploited the hell out of vBulletin's easy to hack software to being the only admin at one point and wondering if the site was worth saving. From 2006 to about 2011 or so, KHV was a big part of my life and it's something I'll always be knowing I was apart of.

The site has come a long way since then, and I was very happy and relived when we reached a point where both the staff and members have settled down into a great community with very little problems. Over the last few years, my interests have shifted a bit and before I knew it, I had lost contact with both the staff and community here. I'm sure there's a lot of members here who see me as the "admin who doesn't do anything" and for the last 2 years or so, are pretty much right about that. After finalizing the move to Xenforo and transferring all our licensing information over to Misty, this is the first time in awhile where I no longer have any ties to the site that require me to be here.

I tried many times to try and get back into the swing of things with KHV, but between my dissolving interest and our site being in well capable hands, I haven't had any luck in doing so. I think having put so much time and effort into helping making KHV a better place is what has made me hesitant on leaving for good (as staff), but I realize my inactiveness and lack of interest are no excuse so I must take responsibility for it.

Thanks to everyone who has been apart of this site and my life over the years, and to those who never got to know me, thank you anyways for keeping KHV a fun and active place that people want to keep coming back to.

-RvR/Sanya

PS. The best place to get a hold of me nowadays is on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084602731

Would love to play some 100% Orange Juice or other steam games with you guys.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'll admit... I feel ashamed that I don't know you as much as other staff members, and I truly feel awful about that. And it truly is sad to have to see you leave staff considering you've been part of the site for a very long time. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

3. Misty gimme kiss

imma miss you in blue baby

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Thanks for all the work you've done for the community! Best of luck in your future endeavors, RvR. c:

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Sad to see you leave the staff team, but hopefully you'll continue to visit every now and then. The hard work and dedication will never be forgotten and will always be appreciated. (This is Amaury, by the way, but I'm sure you know that. xD)

(PS: As I sent it when you were still staff, did you ever get my Christmas gift?)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well I know for sure that there are far greater (no offense, damn that can sound really mean if spoken a certain way) things for you out there. You have my best wishes and thanks for all the years of work you put in.

Take care man.

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Mark! It is so sad to see you go ;-; you are one of the oldest members and oldest staff members and it just feels weird you not having a blue name any more. I understand what you mean though and sometimes things just do come to their natural end. You will be sorely missed and I can't thank you enough for all the work you've put into this site and your dedication. I wish you all the best in whatever you go and do : D

8. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

to bad i never got to know you, yet i'm still sad to see you leave

9. Sara Tea Drinker

I still remember the long conversations we had at night with KH-vids and staffing. There were many people, and I say it often, that helped make this site work. And I'm proud you were there for the very long, (admittedly tiring and a frustrating few *several* times) long journey to make it work. I couldn't have done it without you. It's sad to see one of the oldest staff members retire. I was amazed you stayed as long as you did, and touched in a way, outlasting me over six years. I'm proud of your work along with everyone else that works here.

You were a great admin, and a great friend. I hope to see you at some point again.

For now, take care of yourself, and good luck in the future. *bows*

10. jafar custom title

Later tater. I'll add you on Steam. c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.