Dream Drop Distance A Plot Hole that might be fixed in 3D?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by KeybladeSpirit, Aug 6, 2010.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Now as most of you hopefully know, KH3D wasn't even thought of at the time of KH1. However, after looking at some altered scenes (in Monstro) I noticed something. If you leave Monstro after the cutscene with Riku and Pinocchio playing hide and seek and don't go back until after you've beaten Hollow Bastion the first time, the scenes after that one are changed. For one, the first Parasite cage battle doesn't feature Riku as a partner. Also, when Geppetto is yelling at "Riku" for to give Pinocchio back, he doesn't say anything like he normally does. Lastly, when Riku says to Sora "You don't recognize your own friend?" Sora says in rebuttal "Liar! You're not Riku!"

Now this is probably a very insignificant part of the game, but it aroused many questions in fandom all the same. "Who is this fake Riku?" was just one. It couldn't have been Repliku because he didn't exist yet. I propose that KH3D will explain this. Now it probably won't be completely dedicated to it, but I'm sure that a plot hole like this, no matter how small, won't go unfixed.

Does anyone else think this might be the case?

2. Misty gimme kiss

I doubt it, that was probably just an inconsistency created from doing things in the wrong order. The only reason Sora would have accused Riku of being 'fake' is because Riku, at that point, had immersed himself in the darkness; he was no longer the Riku that Sora knew and grew up with.

3. C This silence is mine

Yeah I really doubt it, it was really just put in there as to explain how Riku was there for the people who liked to mess around with the order you did stuff in.

4. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, I always thought it just meant that Riku wasn't himself anymore because he had given himself up to darkness; Sora knew that that wasn't the friend he knew, it was his friend's body with an altered heart.

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Think of it this way. The real Riku was in the Realm of Darkness after the events of Hollow Bastion and his body had been used by Ansem to create a new body. So it couldn't have been any part of the true Riku.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

So that's the noncanon order then.
    The canon order would be to go before you go to Hollow Bastion or whatever.

7. C This silence is mine

Indeed, we all know that the canon order is to go to Monstro before Hollow Bastion. I doubt Riku being in Monstro after he has been taken control of by Ansem will ever be explained, because it didn't really happen.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

just out of curiosity, is there a video of the part where Sora yells that it isn't Riku? i just don't really feel like playing the game again just to see that part.

9. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Here it is.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

interesting. it could've been a fake Riku in the proper world order, but Sora just didn't notice because he has no reason to think that?

or it might've been Ansem in Riku's form. i think this is the more likely case. like how he was in Hollow Bastion when Sora also realized that it wasn't Riku speaking (the part when he says "You, you're not Riku" and Ansem/Riku responds "It is I, Ansem"). and that line "you don't recognize your friend?", could've been Ansem taunting/playing mind games with Sora by using Riku's body?

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

The part in Hollow Bastion is Ansem in total control of Riku's body. I don't think that would be the case with "Monstro Riku." Here's hoping it'll be made clear in KH3D.

12. Llave Superless Moderator

You know, I can see both sides of this debate, but if Keyblade Spirit's theory is true, why would they make a whole game for just one little event? Im not certain if we know anything yet on the plot for 3D, but i hope it's something much deeper. I may be happening during KH or some data thing like coded. That or Nomura wanted to mess with us, to stall for time and give us 3D. but i highly doubt that. I wouldn't reject the idea that Keyblade Spirit stated. but who knows.

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I hardly see it as a plot hole. In fact the existance of that scene is to fix what would otherwise be a plot hole. If you were to return to Monstro after HB and Riku acted just like nothing at Hollow Bastion happened that would make no sense. Riku acting weird and Sora calling him a fake are because that is Ansem in Riku's body. You can find similar scenes across KH1, though Monstro is most in depth. For example, if you beet deep jungle before wonderland then the scene of revealing a princess gets changed from alice to I believe Cindirella. It's been awhile since I played that game so I might be wrong about who, but the point stands.

14. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I don't think it'll be the whole game. Just revealed on the side for those who know about it.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Agreed with.
    It isn't a crucial point in the game that it's worth mentioning. It is there in order to fix the paradox that would occur if you did Monstro after Hollow Bastion. Nothing that special.

16. RikusLight Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't think it will be explained. It's something small and probably just put in there for people who do things in a different order. I didn't know the scene changed if you went to Monstro after Hollow Bastion. I always beat Monstro when I first get there.

17. Noise For Love and Justice

I guess; I just thought that Sora meant, "you're not Riku" as in "you're not MY FRIEND Riku" like, you've changed...and you're not the same.

but who knows. I doubt this will be connected to the new game...I think it was just a fluke.

18. sora969 Destiny Islands Resident

Really, why would anybody overthink this to such an extent? Obviously this was created so that there were no questions of "why is ____ doing ____ when he's supposed to be ____".

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's probably just an easter egg put in there for the player's entertainment though sora969 does have a point.

20. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    I honestly don't think KH3D is going to be based off of the plot holes in the games... I mean, They couldn't keep the same lines in monstro if you did it after hallow bastion because of the fact that you know what really is going on with Riku. Sora knew that wasn't riku because of clearing the game in the wrong order. I doubt it was a mistake so you have to assume it was put there for a reason or put there to see if anyone noticed.