Re:Coded A possible disappointment?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Slycrg, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

As excited as I am about re:coded I fear that, like kh days, the game will be ruined by repeated music and poor graphics because of the poor quality of the ds. Should we assume the worst for this title?

2. Noise For Love and Justice

...umm no?

1) days was the best graphics that's the DS could do...in fact it was really good if you remember the fact that it had pre-rendered cuts scene with voice acting.

2) re:coded i think is not as large of a game as days was due to the fact that days had multi-player capabilities.

so...i don't think re:coded will suck because days sucked. yes its not on a psp or even a ps2...or 3 B( but the SE knows how to work with the DS..it will be just fine.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I thought days has surprisingly good graphics, I was surprised to see proper animated cutscenes like that at all. Yes I would rather they remade coded for a bigger platform but I don't mind it being on the DS too much. It has similar music because it's just a spin off, not a completely different game (like KH and KH2) plus the music has a good beat to it.

I suppose you could assume the worst to make it seem all the more better when we get to play it but I don't think we will be too disappointed.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Um.... no.

1)I've seen some of the footage from E3 and it looks like it'll be a bit better (graphics wise) than Days in terms of the actual gameplay.
    2)Re:Coded may not be on a Sony console but did people complain about CoM being for Game Boy? Or our favorite heroes being rendered in sprite form?
    3)Days didn't totally suck. The in game graphics were always going to fall short of PSP/PS2 graphics because of the DS hardware. But at least they managed to get a number of pre-rendered cutscenes in there from time to time.
    4)I wasn't paying much attention to the music because I was actually focusing on the story and missions. If you're picky enough to notice the score right off the bat then you're just looking for things to complain about and not looking for an amazing new KH story that will leave you asking a few more (or less) questions than before.

'Nuff said.

5. Autosaver Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually, RE:Coded is supposed to have multiplayer. I swear I read it somewhere.

RE:Coded is using the same graphics as Days. But a little improvement. RE:Coded looks like the funnest games to date. BBS gameplay and Days strategy? You'd be crazy not to get it!

6. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't think that it won't be anything like days, as far as much as I've seen. I like what SE is doing though with swiching up consoles (glad I own them all as well). And plus the DS is a great system itself and I'd rather it be on the DS because it's a remake, not a new title so that's suits it.. Re:coded is more text based and the use of in-game cutscenes; unlike BBS which is better for the DS imo.

7. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

Hmm I see what you all mean. I guess the good outward the bad considering the emense amount of different gameplay that re:coded will provide

8. Noise For Love and Justice

and might i add that the Kingdom hearts score is one of the best ive heard in any game series..its not as easy as you would think to take disney classics and then create battle themes with them as the main part. >D

9. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

Why would I want something to complain about? I said I disliked the fact they re used the music, since in COM they actually changed what the music sounded like, and that the graphics of a ds game are generally not good. Don't see why you needed to say that......

10. Clear_so_you_can't_See Traverse Town Homebody

I'm a DS junkie, and Days blew me away with graphics quality for a DS.
    But once again graphics don't make a good game.
    A good game can have bad graphics.

The music for Kingdom Hearts is consistently good, though I highly doubt they'll come up with a entirely new score for this game.
    There might be some new pieces, but if the music stays the same I won't mind so much.

Overall if they keep the quality of Days with new elements we've seen in the trailers, it looks like a great game.

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well here's another way to put it. Days isn't even a full fledged entry, it's more of a spin-off to show Roxas' time in Org. XIII. CoM actually had the purpose of bridging the gap between KH and KH2, so it's important enough to have its own score instead of re-using songs. That's not my opinion but i'd guess that's what SE was thinking at the time.

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm being patient and actually waiting to see what reviewers and friends say. I know it's not a main entry into the series, but I haven't missed a game yet, so i'm unlikely to start now.
    Also, don't forget this was originally a handheld phone game. It's going to be a vast improvement to the original, so be happy that it's going to be better than the original and stop complaining it may not live up to expectations. And the easy option is don't by the game if you don't think you'll like it. It's your own money (or birthday/christmas request) to do with as you please.

13. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

From what I've seen on the trailers & screenshots about Recoded I say its going to be like 358/2 days but with a bit better on the graphics. I loved playing 358/2 days & I'm not as much as excited as recoded to come out as I was for bbs, but of course I'll still buy it, it may not be a main game but it would still explain somethings in the story line so for me it's worth it and any future kh games

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

From traiers, I could assume that this could possibly be better than Days

Story:
    Days seemed more like a spin off, mainly because it wasn't that much help to the entire plot of Kingodm Hearts. Yes, there were some important parts that made you wonder what'll happen next/going to be in Birth By Sleep, but it was also a story that could've bee...skipped. It sucks to say that because I really liked the character of Xion. From what I read about Coded, it takes place after KH2 and will help develop towards the story for KH3. It may discuss the connection to BBS.

Graphics:
    Days actually has really good graphics, considering it was on the DS. The cutscenes were really similar to PS2 quality and it kind of felt like the old Kingdom Hearts games. Some people said it would've been better if they used sprites (ie TWEWY or the original COM), but I don't think the gameplay would be the same. Coded appears to have more cutscenes and the clarity of the graphics have improved.

Gameplay:
    Days gamplay was kind of confusing, but it's easy to get use to. From what I've seen of Coded, it's going to involve different styles of gameplay: standard, turn-based, and other fun stuff. It will add some needed variety but it will also be an attack-button masher game.

Other Fun Stuff:
    Days had multi-player, which was pretty fun. It didn't have wi-fi, which kinda sucked, but when you did play with friends it was the best! Coded looks like it's also going to have some kind of multi-player thing as well. The wierd chibi sprite things seem intersting to see, and I wonder how it goes with the game altogether.

All in all, Days was a pretty good game for the DS, but I beleive Coded will be better.

15. Mini Armaldo Moogle Assistant

these posts must be real old because as of right now (1/1/12) re:coded has already been out for some time now and the graphics are no better than Days.I think they should remake days and coded for psp or 3ds!
    coded doesn't have any real good cutseens, Days has more !

16. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

The graphics for Re:Coded weren't bad. And the music was great. Re:Coded's Dearly Beloved, for example, I couldn't stop listening it for a week.

I didn't find Re:Coded one of the worst, actually, all KH are great, since the first one, which the controls are strange until this one, which has a really enjoyable gameplay a style.