Kingdom Hearts II A Riku centered game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Radiowave, Jun 10, 2009.

?

Does Riku deserve his own game

1. Yes, there is more I would like to know/see about him

135 vote(s)
    78.5%
  2. No, he's okay as he is now

37 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

It would be so cool to have Riku centered game. I've always prefered him over Sora plus he has the powers over darkness which is just awesome 8D

2. Kiria34 Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, I think he should have his. Like what happened how he chose the power of darkness :)

3. Loghh Merlin's Housekeeper

Riku game would be good... I liked playing as him in kh dayd and RE:COM.

4. Lovely Phantasmagoria Merlin's Housekeeper

LOL. A Riku-centered game would be awesome. Not saying it just because I'm a Riku fangirl, but because I think there should be some light shedding on Riku's story... especially when he was still a pawn of the darkness. Sure Sora's interesting... but... he's like the average type of hero...

He has a weapon, he has magic powers, he has a mate/lover who he ends up with... he never really went through a lot of BAD... Sure he had to go through losing his memories, but he did regain them, didn't he?

He didn't have to shoulder the darkness... not like Riku. And if I could remember, after Riku's experience in the darkness... his personality changed drastically. On KH 1, he was the confident type. But on KH 2, he turned into the the mellow guy. Which is a bit...

Un-Riku-ish... (is that even a word?) But yeah. You know what I mean. ~.~

So if we could see what Riku had to go through, even if it's so malicious, I'd want to see it!

And I'll play it all the time if I had to. xD

5. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

I would like to see a riku-game, but not of what went on between KH1 and KH2, more like a KH3 from Riku's perspective, instead of Sora. or maybe Kairi? or even better, a game where you play as them all!

6. Phazeun Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, I think he could use a game of his own. I think his valor deeds and efforts earned him the right.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I think that's because he had finally stopped blaming himself for letting the darkness both onto the Islands and into his heart. A great deal of Reverse/Rebirth was him feeling guilty, and even at The World That Never Was he questions Sora how he could go home and face everyone after all that he's caused. So no, I wouldn't describe him necessarily as 'mellow,' just as a dynamic character who desperately wants to forgive himself for everything.
    Oh god this. Sora gets attacked a lot as the 'typical hero,' and a sort of male Mary Sue, but he's far from flawless. Okay, in KHI maybe he is, but with CoM and KHII we begin to see a darker side of him. CoM may be due in part to Naminé messing with his memories, but even look at him in KHII; he slaughters the entire Organization without, let's face it, a probable cause, and even admits when he's at the Dark Meridian with Riku that the darkness has begun to get to him as well.

I still stand by that Riku doesn't need a game.

8. shurik Destiny Islands Resident

On twilight beach , listning to the waves
    doesnt he have his own game
    reverse rebirth?
    plus i think its the mystery that surrounds him that makes him so cool so i wouldnt want a game about him cause he would loose that effect

9. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

I'd think it'd be interesting and not bad but problaby harder than when sora was doing his story...

then again i am conisdered a riku fan girl but i won't deny it either.

it doesn't make any difference it just means that instead of control a spiky brunette you control a tall long slive hair sixteen year old or fifteen boy who has unusual powers and is either ith sora or by himself.

that is how the game would be though now that you think about it.

10. raygel18 Merlin's Housekeeper

i think maybe riku's fine the way he is now.. putting in a riku centered game would be awesome but still sora is the main charaacter.. and Nomura said Sora will be the hero in the end.. maybe he should get a really bigger role in kh3 or the upcoming games.. or maybe a system where you can switch control between riku and sora.. that would be awesome :)

still i stnad by what i say, riku really doesn't need to show any more of his past coz being mysterious is part of his charm :)

11. Legoman2672 Merlin's Housekeeper

I think it would be a pretty good idea. But you also gotta think about this:

Is Riku gonna go to any Disney Worlds?
    In KH1, yes. But as far as KH2 goes, he's just hangin with Ansem, so I don't know.

12. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I think Riku should have his own game, he would make a great game and the magic he could use is so diffrent from Sora's it would be epic!

13. The Mender Traverse Town Homebody

i had put a post a lot like this one a while a go it is nice to no i am not the only one

14. ^_^zexion's real wife^_^ Traverse Town Homebody

It would be a yes for me because we don't know what happed to riku at the end of reverse and rebirth so we might follow his story to kh1-kh2 if it's possible.

15. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    In 358/2 days it was exsplained what happened to Riku that he spent time with Xion and it was exsplained why he looked like Ansem thoughout the second game so a game between them would be unneeded I guess.... though I would like one

16. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

you know...the only real reason people want to play as riku is because of the "mystery" created from the fact we only see from sora's perspective most of the time...but if we had played from riku from the get go kh1 kh2 etc...we'd want to play as sora because of the "mystery" due to only seeing from riku's perspective the only reason riku is so wanted as a playable character is the fact he's a sideline character with a cool personality...his story is more serious merely because he's alone all the time and has darkness in him...he's an antihero whereas sora is just a hero...but the antihero thing is done to death in everything nowadays its gotten to where antiheroes are always comparable to a stereotypical emo...which leads them to being predictable...

so no i don't think we should have a game based around him just cause it would end up ruining riku's character...when you delve too deep into a mysterious character you ussually find out the creators didn't really have a history planned passed a basic character flow chart

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It'd be a nice treat to have a FULL Riku centered game. There's plenty more about his past that id like to get a look into. After all Reverse/Rebirth wasn't exactly a full glimpse into his life. I'd like to see a game centered around his time in the original KH right up until Sora finds CO. It'd be pretty fun to play as long as they include reaction commands and the like. (XD)

18. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Nah. I mean, sure, he was good to the plot, but his own game would be overdoing it.

19. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Not really mate... they've made a whole bunch of remakes and pointless (for the plot) games, a game for Riku wouldn't hurt much.

20. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

You do have point there, but I just don't think a Riku-based game would sell very well on the market. I don't see people buying it :\