Kingdom Hearts II Abilities needed for Cavern of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by kaseykockroach, Dec 12, 2014.

1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

What abilities acquired from Drive forms (Glide, High Jump, etc) are needed to get past the obstacles in Cavern of Remembrance? I have High Jump lvl2, Glide lvl1 and Fast Run (or whatever it's called, from Wisdom Form) lvl1, yet still can't get past the long gap in the very second room.
    I'm hoping I don't have to upgrade every single Drive form, as I don't like using Summons/Drives and only do so when I have to.
    For the record, I'm playing on Standard mode (it's been quite awhile since I played video games so I presumed I'd be a little rusty, otherwise I would've went for Proud) and am at lvl58.

2. Explode Who?!

When I did it, I had everything except Quick Run fully leveled up. I know you definitely need to max out Glide for one of the later areas. I'm not sure what level, but you also need Aerial Dodge. In my experience, Beast's Castle is a great place to level up Master Form, especially if you have the Drive Converter ability (or the Sweet Memories Keyblade, which has that). Start in Beast's Room, beat as many enemies as you can by casting Reflect, then exit to the World Map before you change back.

Leveling up FInal Form isn't too hard either. Warp to the Altar of Naught, then go to Ruin and Creation's passage. The second platform from the bottom has about 30 Creeper nobodies spawn. Just spam Firaga until they're all dead, then head back up. You'll have to go to the World Map to get them to re-spawn. Clear out some of the other weaker nobodies in the area if you want, but the Berserkers can take a while, so I'd avoid that.

To get past that area you're stuck on, you need to Quick Run (or Glide, but it's a bit trickier) over the gap, then use Aerial Dodge to get over the pipes.

Good luck. I know it can be a pain. I ended up going through the cavern 3-4 times because I didn't have the right abilities.

3. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Darn. And those abilities are the only reason why I bother upgrading drive forms. Even when I'm in a difficult boss and using Drive is my only apparent means of surviving the battle, I'll try to refrain. It always felt like cheating to me, for lack of a better word.
    Thanks for answering! Would you happen to know the best place for leveling up Wisdom form?

4. Explode Who?!

Unfortunately in Final Mix, they seem to have gotten rid of the best Wisdom Form grinding spot after you clear the game. Fragment Crossing used to have tons of shadows, but they replace them with nobodies after you fight Xemnas. I haven't found a comparable replacement. I primarily used The Land of Dragons, because there's a decent number of weak-ish heartless there. Though afterwards I realized Timeless River is probably a better spot.

Casting magic is the fastest way to get rid of enemies, especially fire and reflect. Unless you're out of MP, don't even both with the basic wisdom form attacks. Also recommend equipping Oathkeeper, so you stay transformed for longer.

As a reminder though, you don't need Quick Run at all to get through the cavern.

5. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Alrighty, and I've completed the cavern recently, and am now working on beating Terra. I figured the Quick Run would come in handy on some level.
    I'm now at lvl 73. Any suggestions in regards to surviving him? With no summons/drives no less. I like to remain loyal to Donald and Goofy. :P
    I figure just asking about Enigmatic Soldier here is better than starting a new thread.

6. Antidote Façade

Reflect is your friend, and just wailing on him in Limit Form and casting Firaga in Final Form works well too.

7. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Again, I don't like using Drive. Reflect has indeed been a dear friend of mine though.
    I actually got to his last health bar just this morning!...and then died as he used that "Magic Lock" attack just as I was seconds away from a needing healing.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I find it a bit funny because I use drives a lot but I prefer not using reflect unless I have to (normally while in a form that doesn't have guard)

At any rate if you have managed to get that far in the battle I doubt I could tell you anything you don't already know. As said above limit form can make your life a lot easier (full restoration when you enter with the need for party members, and you heal a bit for each hit with a limit).

If you need a little bit more of an edge, I find that the MP Haste from Full Bloom+ works nicely; but that also requires Manifest Illusions and those are a limited supply before being able to complete ES.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot those are craftable. ES is simply the only place to get them directly.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  9. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

More questions I now have.
    Are Save the King+ and Save the Queen+ any stronger than the original weapons? I only know there's a color change.

And what does it take to unlock the final Paradox cup?

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Unfortunately Save the King+/Queen+ do not have altered stats. Considering the strength of the mushroom weapons I personally only make them for the journal now.

As for the 4th Paradox Cup that has also remained the same. Level 7 on summon and all drives, and completion of the the Space Paranoids Revist.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

While the stats may not be different, the abilities are.

• Save the Queen: Hyper Healing
    • Save the Queen+: MP Hastega
    • Save the King: Item Boost
    • Save the King+: MP Rage

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I forgot the abilities, but I think Queen+ is the only one to change (was Hastega, now Rage). The other 3 are normal I think.