Abortion!

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Inasuma, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I bet dolphins don't have this much trouble (since they are the only other animal that has sex for pleasure, I think.)

Anyway, abortion is another choice that you make in life, I think that only the mother can give the choice since it is her body. And though I respect the view that life is sacred, if it was not a human abortion many people wouldn't give a second thought on it.

2. kingdom fox Destiny Islands Resident

they used to be ilegal in 1950

3. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Drinking alcohol was once illegal.

4. tasogarehime Destiny Islands Resident

Pro-choice, a woman should have complete control over her body.
    Pregnancy is very taxing on a woman’s body. If the woman does not want to carry the child she should not have to, especially not because of someone else’s moral beliefs.

5. justmeh Merlin's Housekeeper

I think that it's the pro-life people that go out and protest this sort of thing that should face some sort of penalty. Some of their methods remind me more of propaganda than anything else. If one can choose to have intercourse whenever they see fit, they should be given the choice to deal with the aftermath accordingly. If not given the choice to begin with(as in the situation of rape) I believe that a woman should still be given the right to choose.

6. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    I agree with justmeh, rape victims should have a choice in whether or not they want an abortion seeing as they had no choice in whether or not they had sex in the first place.

As for people who get abortions after having deliberate sex, sometimes you can't afford to keep the baby, sometimes you're too young. It is possible for a baby to ruin your life if you don't want it.

7. justmeh Merlin's Housekeeper

The rape victim thing goes along with the everybody else. When most people say that only in the case of rape should it be allowed, it's often the case that when pressed they'll admit to meaning after the trial, and that the one who allegedly raped the victim is actually convicted of said rape. However, what if one who actually does rape someone gets a good lawyer and, as in the case of O.J., isn't actually convicted when they committed the act?

How about if the trial takes so long that in the end the person has the baby anyways because they weren't legally able to have the abortion and thus it defeats the purpose of that exception to begin with?

OR, say they actually do go through with only allowing abortion in the case of rape, but the girl can have an abortion pending trial. There would be an increase in false accusations, and the conviction of those that are possibly innocent just because somebody couldn't keep their legs closed and doesn't want to deal with what comes after.

What I'm basically saying is that if anybody wants to say that abortion should be allowed for only certain cases, that logic is kinda flawed and instead you should probably stick with choosing either abortion for all, or banning it altogether.

Also, justmeh = PRO LIFE FO' LYF!

That is all. XD

8. tasogarehime Destiny Islands Resident

Exactly, if abortion is made illegal women will still have them. Only it will be in a possibly unsterile and unsafe environment, endangering the woman.

9. justmeh Merlin's Housekeeper

I wasn't actually going to bring up the whole coat hanger thing, but if you wanna go there then alright. =P

If you make abortion illegal it's not going to stop the administering of it, just like making weed illegal hasn't stopped people from smoking up. It's just gonna make it harder to get one, and much more dangerous.

10. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    You do realise, even if the government was to ban abortion, do you know how easy it is to give yourself a miscarrige? It wouldn't stop anything, it would not help, if anything, banning abortion would seem as if the government was telling people to hurt themselves instead of getting a safer way to abort the baby.

And with miscarriges, if one were to fail and not properly kill the baby, the parents/female would be left with a baby who would have a high chance of a defect like Brain Deformation.

Think about it,
    banning abortions would be stupid.
    I'm speaking from the heart here and i've experienced... I'm not going to say it. Even Darky doesn't know... yet...

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Look abortion was once illegal but since so many people were having it done illegally many women died from having it so the goverement made it legal so that people who wanted the abortion it could be done safely and under specific rules.
    Come on we gotta stay on subject here.

12. Ulxiz Destiny Islands Resident

In my opinion, the pregnant woman should choose if she want or not to abort, but only when the baby is the result of a rape or the baby is dead or brainless inside the womb.If not, after the baby end his period of necessity with the mother, she may give him to a orphanath

And if the abortion was forbidden, this won't help at all. Pregnant Women would search illegal methods to abort... So it's like we choose between bad or worse...

PS:hope i don't have any english errors...

13. justmeh Merlin's Housekeeper

Why? In one of my previous posts I addressed what I think of that opinion. I don't feel like re-posting it, so ya, read over that and argue with meh. This is less of a debate and more of someone making a point and everybody else just agreeing with it. XP

14. N Hollow Bastion Committee

Can a baby have no brain when in the womb? :confused:

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am against the destruction of life but if it was an accident then I suppose it could be allowed yet they shouldn't of done it anyway. Just say someone gets pregnant at a low age like 12 or something (shouldn't happen but it is possibe) then she should deffinately have an abortion.

16. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

This topic is mainly about the confliction of human rights. Mainly the mother's right to decide what happens to her own body, and the right of the child in the womb. There is also the rights of other children of the mother who may suffer if the mother can't cope.

There is also the argument of when life begins, many religious people believe it starts at conception (i.e. when the egg is fertilised), which means that an abortion at any stage would be taking a life.

17. Mirai King's Apprentice

Teens who have sex and become pregnant should not have the choice of abortion unless their parents make them. Learn from your mistakes kids.

Rape victims should DEFINATELY have the choice to abort. They just had a traumatic experience. Why force them to suffer for nine months because of someone else's immorality?

The BEST way to stop teen pregnancy is sex education. Not abstinence. Teens never listen when people say "Don't do this!" It's better to teach them how to AVOID pregnency AND STD's by using safe sex.

18. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I agree. Spending money on abstinence programs is a waste of time, in my opinion.

19. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

My thoughts exactly.

20. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Heres how I see it.

When Abortion is necessary
    If the condom leaked
    Rape.

When abortion is not necessary
    If it has been 6-9 month and the fetus is just about fully grown but the mother decides she dose not want a baby and gets rid of it as a last ditch effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.