No Thanks Add a User Group Legend to the Forum List

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

One of the things we had back on vBulletin was an add-on that added a user group legend. While most of us know who's who and while there's @What?'s thread in Introduction & Departures, I think it's still such a useful feature and having it on forum list is more out in the open than What?'s thread.

Obviously, I won't post the code as Misty prefers we don't, but it's pretty easy to do on XenForo without an add-on. It's just a simple matter of creating your own template with a unique prefix identifier (so you know it's custom and so as to not clutter an existing template) and then calling it in the forum list template.

KHF Group.PNG

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Slight bump, but I'm going through these, soooo :b

Anyway, a legend isn't really needed as it was on vB since we have the user group banners in place in threads and on our profiles. The only user groups not explicitly indicated in that are banned members and Normies, although there is already a pretty stark distinction between those two (gray and the strikethrough).

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Only staff can see the strike-through, though that can be removed if you ever wanted to. :)