Birth by Sleep all the keys

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Shinichi Izumi, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

some of the keys in key grave look like sora's keys
    [​IMG]
    might thishavesomething to do with the storyline??

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

I don't think they do have anything to do with the storyline, other than just a show that the Keyblade has been in the hands of MANY people throughout KH history, rather than just a specific few. That, and probably just for the aesthetics.

3. Spike H E R O

[common sense] Maybe they look familiar because the game designers didn't want to bother designing over a million new Keyblades for the background of one stage? [/common sense]

4. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

No I doubt it has something to do with the storyline. I was thinking that their the older or the first versions of sora's keys so thats why they look similar and that being in the past I wouldn't see why not.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well some of them are new, some of them just look like ones from the other games. I don't think it's hugely significant to the storyline, as people have said, it's most likely just showing how the keyblade wasn't such a rarity to begin with. To me it just signifies the remains of an important battle that is also the scene of the last battles in Birth by Sleep. It's an interesting thought though.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

The keys were reincarnated? But I like these ones better, but their chains are gone because they have no user/their user has died.

I don't know maybe it has something to do with the storyline. Everything in Kingdom Hearts always does.

7. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Well Square Enix just probably thought, "Oh, ok, so I kinf of don't feel like designing *sip of coffee* new keyblades, so I'm just gonna take off the keychain, change, the color, and add a little fancy shape right there"

8. Glen Returned from the dead

To be honest, i doubt it actually means anything. Maybe it's just to show that Sora isn't the only one with the keyblade..that there have been many, MANY 'chosen ones'.

9. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I agree with those above in saying that I don't really think it has much to do with the storyline, and is simply an aesthetic/dramatic thing. Although, I wonder what that sort of thing couldhave to do with the storyline if it were significant ...

10. P Banned

We still can't really tell if the keys are the same. The colour is distorted, and thus they could be inverted or differently coloured blades, similar to Mickey's Kingdom Key D. Even if they are, we need to question whether a keyblade can be in two places at once.

What I find interesting is the lack of keychains. I felt that this was extremely significant pre-BBS, as only MX and Vanitas had a proper keychain, but then BBS was released, and it turned out it was simply a design choice for the trailer. Even so, if the dead keyblades lack keychains, could there be a reason for it? I wonder how a keyblade has a form, if it lacks a keychain.

IDE: When the bearer dies, the keychain disappears and the keyblade is left in whichever form is was in at the end. (Alternatively, it has a 'default' form, such as how Riku's default is Way to the Dawn.)