Dream Drop Distance Am I the only one happy for Europe getting it first?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Shikou, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Before anyone asks, I live in NA not in EU to clear up some confusion.

I've noticed people got a negative reaction to the game getting released in EU a day early then NA. Someone here said "Just saw this. Why the heck do the UK and Australia get this one before the US? Every other game, they've gotten it after the US. Just curious." (Im not saying who it was because I know this person). There is another person who said "dammit NoA! when did you get so slow? Edit: its not the wait that bothers me, its that NoA are seeming to getting bad at localizing things recently." from here. It's not really NoA's fault :P
    At least it isn't like in the BCL Forums because the EU version of Spirit Camera is getting a little extra content. Im a Mod there and Im asking people not to start any fights because I could sense a fight is going to heat up over some extra content.

Would you guys give a crap if the EU versions get extra content? What's so specal about NA? Why do we have to get everything first? I could careless if EU gets the game a month before NA. It's just a 11 day difference. It's no big deal. A friend over there (who lives in EU) at the BCL forums had told me localization is horrible there and they are just lucky to have a game localized there.
    What do you guys think?

2. Krowley Moderator

I don't see it as much of an issue.
    Japan gets extra content all the time. (Mostly because the game originates from there)

3. Misty gimme kiss

I don't really mind as I have no plans to buy the game (I lack the $$ for a 3DS), but I don't see it as something getting worth riled up about, regardless of the side you're on. If NA fans are really that jealous, though, they should remind themselves that the EU & Australia never got Re:Chain of Memories, when they did.

People are just impatient, I suppose, hah. And they've grown used to getting games first (after Japan, of course).

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

In terms of the Kingdom Hearts US vs EU doesn't matter much, JP gets the end all on extra features. And in most Kingdom Hearst games we can also import, which would make me glad if Europe hypothetically got the final edition of the game as there would be the language barrier. However for the 3DS importing isn't really possible currently as it is region locked and there are no emulators, adapters, etc. Near as I can tell, the only way to play other regions right now is to import a 3DS from that region as well. Though in this specific case it doesn't matter yet since it seems very unlikely that there would be any feature changes in the short release window.

More generally, while I would wish to have the final edition of any game really I don't mind not having them. The bulk of the game is the same, and I would hope that if they did a larger overhaul (In KH terms, I'm talking the RE titles rather than the Final Mix titles) I would hope they would be where I would get upset if it didn't make it around the globe. And I know several EU fans that are understandably upset about RE:Chain of Memories. (though again, a large part of our fanbase imports stuff anyway)

And to anybody who gets upset about release date order, esspecially here when we are talking days. Suck it up, please.

5. Darkandroid Gets it Together

People should just be glad it's only 11 days. We had a 5 month wait for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. It's odd that it isn't the same week though.

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Europeans should have more gripe in general about video games being released the last constantly. But we accept it. If North Americans can't handle, to bad it's something we deal with and live, you will.

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

As I said on the original thread on the subject:

Justice is a dish best served cold.

I know it's technically "revenge" in that phrase ... but eh. I think it's a great thing the EU are getting it before NA for once, maybe it'll be nice for all the people who spoil things just because they assume everyone else got it at the same time as NA to be in the flipped state this time, and see how they like having tha game spoiled for them a few weeks before it comes out.

I'm not bitter or anythign, I just think it's a nice change and might give certain fans a bit of perspective.

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I wouldnt say Japan gets all the extra features. When KH1 was released, JAP KH1 never got the Sephiroth battle and US and mabye EUR did. and there was somthing else but i cant remember. =/

9. Mysty Unknown

I refuse to be happy for Europe! You guys are awesome in all but we always got everything before you. Now its the opposite. Somebody must have gone back in time and changed the ordering of things.

10. jafar custom title

i just don't understand why they don't do a simultaneous release.