Video AMV Help Thread

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Darkandroid, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Krystal Fallen Angel Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey there, I'm doin' this tribute 2 MCR's lead singer but I kinda ain't happy with it... It'd b gr8 if I could get an outsider's opinion on how to improve it cuz I rly wanna do the best I can with this one.

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mub8Ao4860k

2. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

It doesn't look bad. I would use a few more effects, like Grayscale. Otherwise, it looks okay. =)

3. Krystal Fallen Angel Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok, I'll give that a go... just not sure whereabouts 2 put the FX tho.

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

... Me either. You just gotta.... feel it. 8D

5. Krystal Fallen Angel Merlin's Housekeeper

*sigh* But I find Lucifer's Angel such a hard song 2 stick FX 2... Ugh, I knew I shoulda gone with a different Rasmus song :(

6. childofturin Why?

It depends on the program you're using. For WMM, effects are usually (not always, but usually) used to hit beats. For instance, a fade in from white would be used on a drum beat. As in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDpA3aBcuA at avout 1:40 - you'll see what I'm talking about.

In Sony Vegas, since there is so much more you can do, effects can be used to enhance the visual elements (putting a character from one sene into another to make it work for the song's lyrics), or to alter colors, or any other number of things - as in this video: http://video.kh-vids.net/video/20910cf5-148b-4ff3-b291-9b9100eb79a4.htm

All in all, though, effects are a personal choice regarding where and when to use them. I have seen very good videos with no effects whatsoever, and really good ones woth tons of effects, and absolutely sh*tty videos on both sides of the spectrum.

7. Krystal Fallen Angel Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm using WMM (which I'm getting pretty fed up with) at the mo cuz I only have vegas on my mum's laptop which is busted. And yeah, I'm used to putting flashes and fades into vids to a beat but... there's really no deffinite beat in the song I'm using except maybe in a few places. I dunno, maybe I'm just not used 2 using MCR vids or something.

8. childofturin Why?

Well, their's not really much you can do except experiment and watch other videos to find ideas.

9. Krystal Fallen Angel Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, I guess... thnx for the help tho

10. Yurasu Moogle Assistant

Hi. I am new to movie making. I have the song that I want to use for the video. The problem I am having is transferring the cut scenes to WMM. Exactly how do I do that??

11. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Click on the Tasks button (beside the Collections button). A menu on the side should show up. Then click "Import videos" under the "Capture Video" section. Your documents will pop up, and from there you can choose the cutscenes you want to use.

You can also press [Ctrl + I] to upload video, music, and/or pictures. =)

12. Yurasu Moogle Assistant

he problem I have is actually getting the cut scene to WMM. I have no problem with what you said. It is actually finding the cut scene. For some reason it doesn't show up when I search for it.

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Okay, I think I see what you mean. Once you download it and the Downloads window comes up, right click on the cutscene and click "Open Containing Folder". It will show you your Temp folder and where the file is. You have cut/copy and paste it from there into your videos folder.

14. Yurasu Moogle Assistant

Hi. I figured out how to get the cutscenes to WMM. Thanks for all your help.

15. risi10 Moogle Assistant

Ummm...

I have Windows Movie Maker, and its telling me that the vid I want to use is not a valid Windows Movie Maker project file.
    Please help me! I have no idea what I'm doing.:crashcomp:

16. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

I think you mean you want to import the file.

I haven't used Windows Movie Maker for a long time, but I think the option was on the side. Do that, and open it.

There you have it, I think.

._.

17. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Is it a project you've been working on? Or a clip you want to import?

18. Narsedax Merlin's Housekeeper

How do I upload vids to kh-vids? I know how to make videos, but not how to upload them to this site. Any help would be great

What could be the problem is that the file is not in an acceptable windows movie maker format (WMM or other). For instance, MP4, and MP3 are primarily used by Apple. They aren't used by Windows as much, and because of that, windows didn't make their software to be able to handle those formats. I would suggest trying formats such as WMV or WMM or other windows formats. Hope that helps
    ;0

19. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

(No need to quote the entire first post ;])

You can upload AMVs to kh-vids via the User Portal. What part of the process are you stuck at?

20. Llave Superless Moderator

I was directed to this thread thanks to Stardust. I have a certain problem that hopefully can be resolved with all of your heads put together.

I am looking for a free 30 day trial, watermark free, advanced video editing program for the Macintosh. (MacBook Pro)

-I don't want to buy Final Cut just to make AMVs, it would eventually be a waste of money. Apple doesn't allow trials for their pro applications. period :(
    -Sony Vegas ONLY works for Windows.
    - I downloaded Photoshop Premiere Elements, but it has a watermark feature (Very annoying) on it that will not disappear unless i purchase the real deal.

The only thing i have is iMovie, but i want to have the joy of making advanced videos, even if it's just for a 30 trial. So if you know of anything, i beseech you to help me. That would be awesome!