Dream Drop Distance Anti Black Coat: Love It or Hate It?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Ars Nova, Apr 23, 2014.

?

Did you like the Anti Black Coat boss design?

1. Yes, it was brilliant and creative

41.7%
  2. No, it was cheap and obnoxious

4.2%
  3. Eh, it's about even with the rest

54.2%
  1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]

So what's your take on this guy? Was he a pain in the keyhole, or did you love every second of the showdown? Or were you just kinda "meh" about it?

I liked the way he relentlessly punished you for being relentless. He meets aggression with aggression, which makes it hard to just wade in and keep smacking him. Well, unless you have all those almighty Riku skills. And the HP drain that leaves green spheres all over is an interesting idea, because it makes you panic but you can recover from it consistently if you keep a level head, either by healing it off when you get an opening or running around scooping up your lost health.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Shift Chaser

Other than the fact he's no danger at all when you're not touching the ground, which with Riku and Firaga Burst isn't hard at all, I loved that battle. Was a breath of fresh air after all the giant nightmares we fought through the story.
    Not being able to challenge it again without wasting your second save slot was a huge letdown.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, I admit I had a tough time with him BECAUSE all I did was attack instead of being patient and smart about when to strike. Cool boss for the story.

4. A Zebra Chaser

I found him to be incredibly easy. When I played DDD and was incredibly underleveled, the Dream Eaters were absolutely destroying me... so I was dreading it when a boss fight came up... but then I was surprised to find it SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the nromal enemies, as well as way easier than the Ansem fight directly after

5. Arch Mana Knight

Was actually an easy fight. I liked the whole stage layout of the fight and how the boss looks but I didn't feel anything special considering the boss wasn't that special itself...it was just a stronger Dream Eater and nothing more.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually found him easy after the first few hits, just because it was simple to move out of the way, but I did think it was nice of them to make such an aggressive boss. Most of the time in these fights you could be aggressive and pound the snot out of the bosses, but with this guy he attacked so quickly you had to wait for that right second to send in a hit. But it was also easy when you just keep using your flowmotion attacks, since you don't get hit while doing those, so that kind of makes it a little cheap

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I found him to be a gate keeper of sorts. For most of the game you could keep the aggression very high and be okay, but for final bosses it took more patience. As stated this guy is only that hard if you get reckless or panic. The bosses you will be going into on the other hand are threatening even with caution, but will annihilate you for carelessness.

8. Luzid Moogle Assistant

well at first I found him too strong ... but it was just like some here already said I just rushed into the battle and died ... besides my command deck sucked for this boss...
    but after I concentrated he was really easy but it took some time ...

9. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Loved this battle, it was extremely unique in it's moveset, and it wasn't overly challenging. A great combination for a pre final boss battle.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ok, so we've got some feedback. How 'bout a second question: What do you think of its theme?

I personally love it to death, might be one of my favorite themes in the game. I don't care for villain themes with a "hope spot"—a sudden shift of tone towards happy and uplifting, as if to signify the heroes' turnabout. A villain theme should be for the villain: sinister, terrifying, and soul-crushingly dark. Shimomura makes a lot of emotional music for the KH series, but there's one emotion she captures every now and then that gives me goosebumps, and that's despair. This track makes you feel as if you are actually, truly fighting a nightmare given form.

11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I like Anti Black Coat's theme but the fight annoys me right in the keyhole!!!! I'm in the process of playing the game on critical and i expect to die by this guy A LOT!!! But first, I have to get through Spellican -__-

12. Glen Returned from the dead

Theme itself was beautiful. Really gave the feeling of "Not so sure I wanna fight this guy" and gave an adrenaline rush, getting me pumped for the fight. I liked the fight itself but I wish it was a little more challenging really. I mean sure he has high damage potential but he's just so easy to avoid his attacks..

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Easy for you too say... It's hard for me to avoid his attacks even on beginner mode QnQ this shows that I'm pretty bad at the game possibly

14. A Zebra Chaser

It's one of the few tracks from DDD I genuinely enjoy
    But I wouldn't say it makes me feel the same way you do, it sounds like boss music through and through to me. I think the only truly atmospheric battle music in KH is this:

15. kingdomhearts123 Traverse Town Homebody

Took me awhile to beat him because I didn't have a strategy. I always got killed by that attack where that dark thing grabs you and basically drains your hp. I kept moving and attacking when he was vulnerable. But other than being frustrated for a couple days; I loved the battle, going to start a Proud account and am looking forward to the battle again.

16. Nobodyslight Merlin's Housekeeper

found it MUCH easier than the series of Ansem fights that came up next...

17. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Both are truly Marvelous OST. Gets me pumped for what to expect in the KH3 OST!!!

18. Klonao Moogle Assistant

Simply love it. The battle against him was great.

19. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

Wait, is he the same guy that turned Sora into the Armored Ventus Nightmare?