Birth by Sleep Anyone here disappointed with the Xehanort boss?*Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Labrys, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Explode Who?!

He wasn't trying to win. If he DID win, his whole plan would have been ruined. That being said, he was also clearly weak from old age. It could have been a little more of an engaging fight, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. His focus on using powerful magic was cool, and made sense since physically he wasn't at his strongest.

I was a little disappointed by the music, it's probably my least favorite boss theme in the series. They should have stuck with some version of Fate of the Unknown, from the Secret Ending.

Knowing that he's the main antagonist, I think of it as more of a preview than an actual fight. I'm sure we'll get a better challenge out of old man Xehanort in the future.

2. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Nothingness + darkness manipulation = god+ level threat in my books

3. Dredica SNES was the best.

I've always found it strange that visually they appear and should be as powerful as Gods, like with Ansem's final ship form deal in Kingdom Hearts then Xemnas' huge dragon/castle/space ship. You'd think if Sora could defeat them, he'd have some sort of insane final form like that once things were looking rough for him. Even Xion turned into that colossus at the end of Days, and if she's only half of Sora then there's no way he wouldn't be able to do that eventually. I think Square needs to make Master Xehanort and co. ridiculously hard at the end of Kingdom Hearts III, so you'll actually have to train and get skilled at the gameplay mechanics. It'd be a nice voila. Then have Sora assume some ultimate final form like them maybe, just as an awesome boss mechanic.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

They don't necessarily stack. At best you'd have somebody twice as versatile as most cast members... except Riku of course.

5. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

Now, I understand but Axel has fire powers in his human form so at least nothingness will trensend but the real difference would be the Darkness trancending the merge because Ansem is a weird heartless as we all know

6. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Xehanort has command over darkness as it is. If anything is unlikely to stick, it's the "nothingness," which was never a terribly well-explained power to begin with and probably doesn't work the way rudimentary stuff like fire does. (Bear in mind that these aren't just random Nobody powers: Braig demonstrated spatial manipulation before he was turned, so it's likely they each studied their desired element.)

7. Glen Returned from the dead

The music was okay but nothing special, certainly not what I expected from such an important and dramatic fight. I feel he could have been far stronger in general tbh, and he probably SHOULD have been, but had he won everything in his plan would have gone out of whack and would have fallen through. He would kill him and be like "well crap, how do I get the x blade now?"