Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust (Open!)

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

"I'll keep that in mind." Alec simply replied. He wasn't much for romantic and trying to pick up girls, mainly cause he never really thought much about it. But there was no harm in humoring him was there? Alec may have been wrong about that as hear someone call Lukas's name. He saw the angry looking nurses out of the corner of his eye and figured that he had nothing to worry about since they didn't call him out. That was not the case as Lukas grabbed his arm and dragged him along with him.

In all honestly Alec should've seen this coming. This wasn't the first time that he'd been dragged along by Lukas. They must've lost the nurses that had been chasing them since Alec couldn't hear them behind him anymore. It was fine, long as he didn't get some form of trouble because of being dragged along.
    "What's the plan now chief?" Alec, having arrived on the roof with Lukas.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The nurse didn't sound happy, but at least Alec kept pace well and followed Lukas closely until they reached the roof where it was quiet. He didn't know where or how he managed to lose the nurse, but he did, at least for the time being. That might change sooner or later, but that was a bridge to cross when he came to it. For now he was going to enjoy the sunny spring weather. After all, this could very likely be his last spring on this earth, or one of his last. Life was too short to just sit around his hospital room, hooked up to far too many iv's and machines, none of which could save his life, only extended it by months maybe a year. What good was that time though if he couldn't go out and do anything. He hated living in a hospital and would much rather die next week after spending the entire time having fun, than die next year and spend the entire time in a hospital.

"Now Mi Amigo, we sit back and enjoy the weather while we can before one of the bitchy nurses finds us and drags me back to my room for more tests and medicines, and probably a good lecture for both of us. But may as well have some fun while we can right?" Lukas replied as he walked to the area behind the entrance to the roof. It was smaller and the fence around the top was not as sturdy there. They had put tape across to keep patients out of the area, but Lukas figured they wouldn't immediately see him if he was back there, so he waved Alec to follow and ducked under the tape, soon finding himself with his legs dangling over the edge of the building, looking out of the city. "Well this hell hole has one thing going for it. It has a great view." Lukas spoke as he looked out over the city. "I have plans tonight but what do you say tomorrow night we sneak out of this place and head over there." Lukas pointed to a hill at the edge of town, It was known for having parties there almost ever night and bonfires that touched the sky. Lukas hadn't gone to one of these parties, but it would be a lie to say he didn't want to go.

3. British Historian Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    Johns eyes slowly opened as light seeped into them for the first time in what felt like moments but in fact had been a few days, he waited a moment allowing his eyes to adjust to the light before swinging his legs over the side of his bed, he felt a tug oh his arm as he looked down he saw a wire jutting from him hooked to a machine, with cautions hands he pulled the tubing from his arm and he stood from his bed and looked around his room still dazed by the lights but he felt he was in a safe place seeing his jacket and trousers folded at the base of his bed he changed from his patient gown quickly into his normal clothes and after slipping on his beanie walked for the door, he reached out and pulled the door handle and took one step into the corridor before collapsing, sending a clear thud down the corridors of whatever hospital he had been taken too...

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

A lecture was both what Alec was expecting the from the nurses when they caught them and what he was hoping to avoid, but that doesn't look like it'll be the case since he choose to hang around Lukas. Oh well, things were more interesting this way that was for certain. As Lukas moved to the tapped off area of the roof, Alec followed behind him. Though he opted to remain standing while Lukas sat on the edge.

"You're not wrong about that." While he didn't consider this place to be a hell hole, he could deny that the view from up here was breathtaking. At the mention of sneaking out to go to a party, Alec placed a hand to his chin and thought it over. Naturally it would mean another lecture and such in the event they got caught, but it was sure to be an interesting experience regardless of the outcome. "Sure, it could be fun."

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Ivy Jones Rp banner.png

With each step, Ivy's lungs burned with excitement. She's never broken any rules before, and since she was a new patient here she knew they would be more then worried in her whereabouts. " I wonder how long I have.." she said aloud. Her words drifting down the staircases, echoing. After a good handful of flights, Ivy finds herself in front of a door, that was propped open. From the looks of it, from a twisted hing. As she pushed open the almost broken door the setting sun sweetly kissed her pale and chilled body. "Whoa..." she breathed. Ivy soaked in it's soft warm rays, drunkenly embracing her surroundings. She had landed at the roof of the hospital, a pale weak fence hugged the edges of the roof. Probably to stop those whom want to take their own lives. Walking to the edge, Ivy was able to see the front of the hospital where she was originally dropped off at just hours ago. As she slowly continued her walk, she couldn't help but drag her hand on the fence. It clank to each finger, but chimed as she continued on.

Half way through her walk, Ivy thought her heard the sounds of chuckles.
    "Is that the wind?.." Abruptly halting in her tracks, Ivy strained to listen. Her heart beat racing into her ears. Another chuckle. "Hello?" Ivy whispered as she inched closer to the source of the voice. Like a ghost she tip toed until she over heard another voice, talking about a party. Is that Lukas?? She thought. "H-hello?" She said again this time with more force to get their attention. "Where do y'all want to go to now?" Ivy asked as she looked back and forth from Alec and Lukas.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

We have to go somewhere cool!

Those words usually never ended well for the boy in a wheelchair. It usually resulted in shenanigans that he was ill prepared for, and Nick sighed and said
    "Lisa. Please tell me we aren't going anywhere where someone could push me off of something. I know I'm dying but I'd like to live a little longer." Nick noticed they went to the elevator and felt it go upwards and he said, "Lisa I thought we were friends. Is this how the story goes? Is there a party waiting up there for me ready to give me a celebratory push off the roof? I'd rather sneak out and go to McDonalds or something but this will only end in pain for everyone involved."

Nick clung to his wheelchair and said, "IshouldhaveseenthiscomingthisishowIwillreallydie."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

A smile grew on Lukas’ face when Alec agreed to come with him to the party. “See I knew there was a reason I kept you around. How many of the other do you think we can drag with us? I mean I know I could get Nick there, he wouldn’t have a choice. It will be fun.” His smile had turned mischievous by that point. He liked the idea of it all, going to parties, like he did when he was young. Lukas never went to many parties. There was only so often he was able to sneak away from his father. Plus with the brain tumor for so long, home or hospital there was only so much he could do, whether it was his body or his father preventing.

Lukas had gone silent contemplating how they would get out, and how he would get the others to join them, when the door creaked open. “Here it comes.” Lukas mumbled as he fully expected the yelling of a nurse, but nothing, Lukas waited for a moment in tense silence before he heard a shaky voice. It was not a nurse but instead the new girl. She soon rounded the corner enough to see her. “Well well who do we have here? I thought I wasn’t going to see you until tonight.” Lukas gave Ivy a wink. “Currently I am hiding from nurses, I don’t know about you, but if you join me over here we will be out of sight if the nurses comes up.” He suggested.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Current day: April 10th
    Current time: 6:30pm
    Time passed: 8 hours
    This day could very well turn out worse than normal. On top of the normal mischief and the report of Lucas dragging the new patient to the roof where they weren't supposed to be, she had to throw a birthday party. To be fair Nurse Janet had a soft spot for Nick, he wasn't nearly as much of a trouble maker as some of the others were. She supposed that it would be nice to help him celebrate his birthday, but another year, and another step closer to death, especially for these kids.

"Alright listen up, just because you aren't forced to sit in your beds and eat dinner tonight by yourself doesn't mean you can act like savages, please for the love of all things good do not make a mess of the common room." Janet instructed the people who sat there all to celebrate Nick's birthday. "Some of the nurses and I will bring around the food, and after everyone had eaten then we will talk about some games." It wasn't that Janet like being mean but she had to keep some sort of order to this place that seemed to lack order no matter what rules or punishments where in place.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Nick had said he was embarrassed by the idea of people being obligated to celebrate his birthday, and here they were. An awkward little get together all in the name of his birthday. They were basically being forced to have cake and play games. Nick shifted a bit in his wheelchair awkwardly. He wasn't sure what game they could even play. Were they going to force others to lose to make him win all in the name of his birthday? He sure hoped not. He looked over at the others, not really sure who to talk to. He looked over to see Ella right there and asked,
    "Um... how was your day?
    "
    "I dunno, happy birthday. Another day closer to death huh?"
    "U-um... sure... I... guess..." Nick looked away from her. Maybe a board game would be better off than this. Like, maybe apples to apples or something.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

The last of the food was handed out, and the patients began to eat. Nurse Janet dished herself last. She didn't touch her food at first, quietly staring at the lasagna on her plate. There was a sad look on her face as she pushed it around a little bit. "I am sorry Nick, that it had to come to this on your birthday..." She breathed quietly as she looked around the room at everyone laughing and enjoying their food. The other nurse was too busy watching for trouble to notice strange way that Janet was acting.

Finally after a good five minutes, Janet took the first bite of her own meal. She did not move to clean up after those who had finished their dinners, there was no point in it, not now.... A small child, far too small for her age wandered up to Janet.
    "Um... excuse me.... Nurse Janet. I feel funny." She complained starting to look paler than normal. "It's okay sweetie, why don't you come sit with me for a moment, see if it passes." Janet suggested taking the girl to a big arm chair and sitting with her in her lap.

The child's eyes grew heavy as she began to yawn. A few others now were also feeling tired it seemed. So the drug was finally taking effect. On their weak bodies, it wouldn't take long for the life to leave them completely, just like it was leaving the child in her lap. The girl whimpered and Janet just stroked her hair.
    "It will all be over soon. All the pain and suffering will come to an end soon. I promise." She told the girl. The child nodded in response and cuddled closer to Janet. It wasn't long before she was asleep, and only a minute later she drew her last breath. Janet watched as the rest struggled to stay awake, even her fellow nurse was too out of it to do anything. Janet had served her before the rest had gotten their so she could do her job, and patrol instead of eating. Truth be told the only reason she allowed the girl to eat first was so she the drug would kick in before she could stop it from effecting the others.

There was several cries of confusion and worry, but in the end no one was strong enough to get any help before the drug dragged them into the realm of sleep, where they slipped peacefully from this life. Slowly Janet's eyes too began to droop. So she finally put an end to it. Not only to her own misery of watching people suffer for a living. Only ever able to mask the pain. She finally put those she had been so called helping out of their misery. Never once did she believe she was helping these people. She knew all too well that she was prolonging their suffering. Providing drugs and supplements that hid the problem a little longer so their family didn't worry as much. It was pointless anyways. The longer it held out the more it effected them mentally. But now, they were at peace.... As was she....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.