Audio Archive Update - Kingdom Hearts II: Game Audio

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]

Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday. Our Audio Archive just got a really nice update, courtesy of iwantedtoexplode! It now hosts a variety of audio rips from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, including in-game dialogue (all in English), sound effects, battle cries, etc. It's a pretty extensive collection, and certainly a great addition to our archive.

Happy downloading!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Miles
      Miles
      Awesome! But the SFX sound really low quality. =/
    2. Explode
      Explode
      I don't think they're actually low quality, but they don't sound like they do in-game. My guess is that those clips are the components of sound effects, and they are later mixed together to create the game's actual sound effects. I almost didn't include them, but I figured people might find a use for them, so why not?

And just to be clear, I wasn't able to get all of the cutscene dialogue (some of the files must have been hidden somewhere else on the game's disk, in a different file format), and I don't know if I'll be able to find the rest. Still, I managed to get about 70% of it, so not too bad.

EDIT: Also, it seems that Xemnas had quite a few battle cries that weren't used in the game. The third fight with him had some dialogue that I don't think I've ever heard before.
    3. Excasr
      Excasr
      That's great! Thanks for this iwantedtoexplode. I will download some now. =)
    4. Miles
      Miles
      Also are there any FM sounds in here? I didnt see Marluxia
    5. Explode
      Explode
      I couldn't find Vexen, Lexaeus, or Marluxia, but Zexion and Larxene are there. I might take another look later.
    6. chessplayerjames
      chessplayerjames
      Wow, this looks pretty cool! Thank you iwantedtoexplode!

A question:

Are there any voice rips for the main characters? Like Sora, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Riku, etc.? If so which file are they in? I would really like those :)
    7. Explode
      Explode
      I'll get those soon. Roxas is in with the Organization XIII downloads, but I'll upload all the allies' battle dialogue in the near future.
    8. chessplayerjames
      chessplayerjames
      Ok thank you very much super awesome coder :) Are you using PSound or something else?
    9. Droid
      Droid
      Very interesting, like what you said about Xemnas there a fair number of phrases I never heard in the game. At the moment I've heard a few by Axel and Xigbar I don't recall, like Xigbar saying bucko..
      Great job, I don't know when I might use them, but it's nice to hear some of those lines.
    10. Explode
      Explode
      I used MFAudio to convert the .vag files to .wav, plus a command line script to batch convert them (the program doesn't do that normally, for some annoying reason).
    11. Miles
      Miles
      lol .vag! Square! You funny!
    12. minespatch
      minespatch
      Today I decided to try ripping out the music out of the first game with this track:
      [video=youtube;KD6koDXQee0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6koDXQee0&feature=watch_response_rev [/video]
      It's 6:20 - 8:25.

Unfortunately, the program's so embedded that it's hard for me to use the techniques people have mentioned in the past. I even looked up those pss ripping techniques yet still nothing. Can someone help?
    13. Mikkiz
      Mikkiz
      Hehe, look guys I just joined the forums today like a couple minutes ago lol, and I'm having trouble finding that Kingdom Hearts II Game Audio download link. I clicked on the links that Misty put up but all it does is take me to the home page. Can someone give me a direct download link please? By the way, hi I'm Mikkiz the new recruit! Please to meet anyone who replies to this comment. :D
    14. Miles
      Miles
      They may have been taken down. I don't know why. Will check.
    15. Plums
      Plums
      Hey, I'm Plums! Welcome to the site and nice to meet you. :]

The Audio Archive was taken down when we moved to a new forum software over the summer. Misty is working on putting it back together, though it will likely take a while, haha. Sorry for the inconvenience. ;c
    16. Miles
      Miles
      lol Well there you go. haha
    17. Misty
      Misty
      Yup it'll hopefully be restored within the month of January, I've got Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix done so Kingdom Hearts II is next!
    18. Amaury
      Amaury
      Would you like any help? I don't have Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, so I could get Kingdom Hearts II while you get Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix.

Or is it better if you just do it yourself?
    19. Misty
      Misty
      It's not the audio I need, it's coding.