Kingdom Hearts II Auron

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Does anyone know why he doesn't have his left arm properly in the hole and instead has it like it's in a sling?

2. libregkd -

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Never played FFX before?

He even uses it to swing his sword too most of the time when you attack. He's just too badass to bother using his sleeve.

For a better answer, though maybe not the officially correct one, this is on the wiki
    "This aspect (along with the jug on his side) is a tradition among rōnin, and is likely meant as homage: a rōnin is a samurai who does not serve a lord."

5. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Not sure if this is true or not but I read somewhere that Auron's left arm might be based of some kind of symbolism of a samurai who has lost there master , I believe the word they used was a Ronin ( although I don't think this has ever been confirmed)

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I didn't want to create another thread for this, so I'll just ask this here: Why isn't Auron able to participate in the cups?

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Probably because he just didn't feel like it. Since when was Auron the type of guy to participate in any sort of competition, without being controlled? Not too mention he kind of just disappeared at then end, which I'm pretty sure makes it hard for him to participate after that. He's also an ally, and when have allies ever participated in the cups? If they fight with you, they don't fight against you, except in cutscenes.....and Riku doesn't count

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Donald and Goofy are allies; they're able to participate in the cups.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It sounded like you meant participate like fight against you, not with you. Maybe just chalk it up to him not wanting to be around other people

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

LOL!

@iwantedtoexplode, from a more realistic standpoint, what do you think?

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

How is that unrealistic? Auron isn't exactly a social butterfly.

12. Explode Who?!

There are other characters that can help you fight in other worlds, but Sora, Donald, and Goofy have always been your actual team. The coliseum is always about testing your individual strength, so adding another variable like a different character would skew the results. There you fight against Pete, Cloud, Tifa, etc. All people from different worlds. For lack of a better phrase, it's an intergalactic competition. If they let Auron fight with you, then why not Aladdin, Jack, or whoever else too?

It keeps your party at its most neutral state, so you focus on fighting instead of what the best matchup is. That, and you have to enter ahead of time, so changing your party would probably be against the rules.

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

Right. I was talking solely about Auron since he's the world ally there. However, that makes perfect sense.

14. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Not to mention the Cups are supposed to be an extra in the game so although those take place in Auron's world, it's something apart from it. It doesn't have much to do with storyline itself and whatnot. So those factors are excluded and good thing they are. I prefer it this way rather than having Auron, Jack, Aladdin et al.